LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

11 hours ago, Slion said:
On 5/11/2021 at 8:31 AM, Rud said:

you make the settings and notifications dark too?

That should work from Android 10 so I would say yes. I never tried LOS myself though.

I can confirm that it works with LOS 17.1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

On 5/11/2021 at 2:31 AM, Rud said:

can you make the settings and notifications dark too?

13 hours ago, Slion said:

That should work from Android 10 so I would say yes. I never tried LOS myself though.

1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

I can confirm that it works with LOS 17.1.

I can confirm it works in 18.1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 4/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, eldarion said:

Have you guys looked at an android security bulletin lately? https://source.android.com/security/bulletin

[...] I can't wrap my head around the "I'll stick with stock" or "I'll stick with LOS16" messages around here. That seems like insanity [...]

On 4/14/2021 at 2:57 AM, Sean McCreary said:

[...] You can use the updated branches to build a (mostly) patched version of 16.0 or 17.1 for the Pro1 by following the instructions for building your own images [...]

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago:

Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0.

It is really not that difficult - my very first build went through smoothly and relatively quickly (~ 12 h overall), even though the ressources I had assigned to my virtual building machine were not even remotely close to the recommended values (i3-U, 3 cores, 6 GB RAM, 300 GB hdd).

I'm now on Android patchlevel 05-05-2021, which does feel better, indeed. Thanks to @Sean McCreary's hint about key migration, I did not even need to wipe my data for flashing it on top of the last official LOS16, and everything still works as expected.

This experience largely reconciles me with Lineage. Though it *would* be nice if they allowed several official branches per device ... 🙂

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Should have stayed on LOS17....Storage Access Framework/Scoped Storage is a pain

Edit: Everything else works as expected though, so there's that I guess.

Edited by SCΛRECROW
Balancing out the rant
7 hours ago, SCΛRECROW said:

Should have stayed on LOS17....Storage Access Framework/Scoped Storage is a pain

Edit: Everything else works as expected though, so there's that I guess.

Yeah - I feel very much like this - I still have some emulators that I can't use:
DraStic - I can only use DIG to launch roms, but can't select the rom directory natively.
Citra - I can't get it to work at all.
RetroArch only running via DIG

I was hoping Lineage would have an "advanced mode" workaround for the scoped storage as it's really limiting...

1 hour ago, PokeParadox said:

Yeah - I feel very much like this - I still have some emulators that I can't use:

I was hoping Lineage would have an "advanced mode" workaround for the scoped storage as it's really limiting...

The author of "Folder Music Player (Pro)" was/is struggling with the storage access framework of Android 11 as well. Apparently, it offers "horrible file access performance".

As I said before, Google is going the Apple way ... slowly but surely :-(

• Sad 3

Did a "dirty" upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20210524-nightly-pro1-signed.zip) today, like it is detailed in the official docs. Went like a charm. Now I just have to remember to either install updates by sideloading or to do that boot trick with Magisk whenever an update comes, because I also installed Magisk (which generally went well, too, but I'll be getting back to that later in the AICP+Magisk+Safetynet thread)...

Things look good at first glance, and I even get that special character selection on the display whenever I long-press a key. Didn't need to change anything from 17.1. Now let's see how 18.1 proves itself in practice!

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 3

Anyway, how are the following functions work under Lineage OS?

- Dual SIM support: how does it work, is it possible to select different ringtones for both cards?
It is not possible in stock OS, only by 3rd-party method, but I have not found a proper solution.

- Notification light: does it manageable better than in stock?
So, is it easy to change notification colour of different apps?
Is it able to fine-tune its colour?
Does charging red light also overcome other notifications like in stock?

- Does it have a built-in Always-On Screen Display solution?

Thank you in advance for your thought and experiences.

28 minutes ago, TeZtdevice said:

Yes, the AOD works. I have the icon at my notification bar.

Thank you - how does it display notifications when the device is idle (and AOD is in operation)?

Also, does notification LED display anything other than charge indication when the charger is connected?
(So missed phone call, SMS, etc - however, if AOD works well, that is another option to see what happened.)

14 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Thank you - how does it display notifications when the device is idle (and AOD is in operation)?

Also, does notification LED display anything other than charge indication when the charger is connected?
(So missed phone call, SMS, etc - however, if AOD works well, that is another option to see what happened.)

As far as I can see, after an incoming (and not taken) call, the LED starts flashing in blue, even if it the phone had been charging.

So far, I always (I got my phone with LOS 17.1 installed) relied on the screen showing notifications for incoming calls, SMS, other messaging services, E-Mail and such, and I never missed anything.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

As far as I can see, after an incoming (and not taken) call, the LED starts flashing in blue, even if it the phone had been charging.

So far, I always (I got my phone with LOS 17.1 installed) relied on the screen showing notifications for incoming calls, SMS, other messaging services, E-Mail and such, and I never missed anything.

Thank you, that sounds good.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210531-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

Also, as previously reported, it works fine to take the newest Magisk version (23.0)) which is only available as an apk, and rename it as a .zip file in order to flash it via recovery when you flash the nightly.  However, I should point out that I only use Magisk for SU, I don't ever open the app nor do I use any modules.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210531-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

Installed smoothly here by OTA, too – miraculously not only preserving MindTheGapps, but also Magisk! 

I remembered @marmistrz's instructions from April, kicked off the installation, and when it asked for a reboot, I opened the Magisk app to have it "install to inactive slot" before I would reboot – just to find no such option. A quick internet search led me to a notice by topjohnwu that said "Install to Inactive Slot is disabled in newer builds of the Magisk app due to changes that Google introduced to the OTA process", which dated back to 2020 and also detailed a modified upgrade method, which included uninstalling Magisk through the Magisk app before starting the OTA update... So I was like, what the hell, let's reboot – and re-flash Magisk if it must be. And then it turned out it didn't even need to! 🙂🙂🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 4/20/2021 at 4:16 PM, marmistrz said:

Can you share a photo of the new power menu? I remember that the power menu regressed from Nougat to Oreo, which made me stay on Nougat for a long time on the previous phone.

Screenshot_20210531-171345_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.432cc75fa0cf3804f6fb6f2e8703470d.png

Screenshot_20210531-171356_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.4a50028050d0162208e375f430cac3e6.png

Screenshot_20210531-171406_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.27b39da600c7f3639d16ed9a162aed90.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Rob. S. How do you correct the item order as you did?
The fourth icon is hard to get in portrait. And the one used most by me is Aeroplane mode that is fourth on mine....

PS I am aware that I can DISABLE others, but no matter the order i reenable them, i end with Aeroplane mode as the fourth, not lockdown

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

How do you correct the item order as you did?

Sorry to say I didn't do anything there. I enabled those items which aren't enabled by default back in LOS 17.1, and this is how LOS 18.1 presented them right from the start... 

• Thanks 1