Protective Case Suggestions and Ideas

3 hours ago, Cata2k said:

I know the unique design of the phone might make making a case a difficult prospect, but I'm simply too clumsy to use a phone without one. Are there any plans to design a case? 

I don't know what they are doing in the background, but Liangchen Chen has recently shared a tweet here about a case which seems to be a work in progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First testprint made last night. I've split the bottom up in 2 parts to figure out how well the fit is. there is some slight (2mm) missalignment of the buttons and usb-c header and the camera placemen

Just finished a quick sketch of the bottom part of the protective cover:   Will run a test print tonight to get first dimensions with hard plastic to see how the shell fits, then adjust

I made a leather pouch for the Pro1. I used cow leather, thickness about 2 mm. All the parts are glued with super glue gel adhesive which remains flexible. I made some holes to see the led and to get

Posted Images

8 hours ago, VaZso said:

Liangchen Chen has recently shared a tweet here about a case which seems to be a work in progress.

Definitely better than nothing.

I'd really like a tightly fitting, as to not make the package even bigger, book-style case/cover (that I wouldn't have to customize myself to make controls and connectors fit properly), though...

11 hours ago, Cata2k said:

I know the unique design of the phone might make making a case a difficult prospect, but I'm simply too clumsy to use a phone without one. Are there any plans to design a case? 

Merged your thread into this much larger one, that shows a number of simple DIY solutions, as the base is very close to the size of the Huawei P20 pro. See e.g. this.

But definitely nice if we get at fitting base shell, thanks @VaZso for that link  👍

On 1/25/2021 at 11:48 PM, wuwtk1 said:

This looks ideal to me, hopefully the num keys arent too hard to reach. l had a friend print this for me and is shipping it. Will report back with how it is 🙂

How'd it go? 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, Cata2k said:

It was supposed to come with one originally, but they shipped it with a rushed fabric sleeve instead. 

Is been over a year or two now without an official peep about it, so safe to say there will not be one.

Edit: just saw that tweet from May 5th. That would be a start, but really too little too late to be teasing it when we obviously have been thirsting forever lol. 'what do to guys think' idk ship it to me and I'll let you know omg give it to meeeeeeeeee.

Edited by Adrienspawn
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this „seal skin“ on japanese market. Would love to get kind of these, cause it protects from scratches while not adding more diameter.

spacer.png

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ann said:

Found this „seal skin“ on japanese market. Would love to get kind of these, cause it protects from scratches while not adding more diameter.

spacer.png

The pic looks like a skin made for the Pro1.  Is it?  Do you have a link.  It's like the Dbrand Skin on my Pro1, but I used a Note 10 skin which had the right camera placement and trimmed the width for the Pro1.  Just curious if there is a skin that has actually been made for the Pro1 or if the image is doctored?

Edited by Hook
6 minutes ago, Hook said:

The pic looks like a skin made for the Pro1.  Is it?  Do you have a link.  It's like the Dbrand Skin on my Pro1, but I used a Note 10 skin which had the right camera placement and trimmed the width for the Pro1.  Just curious if there is a skin that has actually been made for the Pro1 or if the image is doctored?

I cut a skin for my Pro1 bought at BestSkinsEver, but I also have a modified rubber case installed on top of that.

I don't know what kind of skin is the above one.