• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to be posting about the shipping date in the Facebook comments (which is something you should be able to check by yourself and not have to take me at my word), and it does not look like it's being delayed:

We are shipping pre-orders mid-September and general availability will begin in October.

For order support and questions please email us at [email protected]

This is a reply made 20 hours ago to a comment on "Looking forward to an exciting day at IFA."

I don't know how to make a link to a Facebook post, but their page is https://www.facebook.com/fxtec/.

that's getting ridiculous :D with every delay it's harder and harder to believe it even exists in more than a few prototypes for events. I guess it's getting pointless to follow this project unless someone can prove it's even possible to receive an actual device. so far there's no trust it's possible to receive anything except promises. I'm lucky to change my mind in time and haven't paid for pre-order. so my money are safe.

Wow - the phone is not even delayed yet and the comments are already starting to get really aggressive. I would suggest: calm down, go outside, enjoy the weather and take a deep breath.

Fxtec is a small company with only a small staff. I would assume, they didn't hire someone for public relations. And since they are most probably very busy at the moment getting the phone ready for launch - they probably simply don't have the time right now to optimize communication. This might not be perfect - but it is quite understandable.

Everybody knew when they payed the phone, that shipping is planned to START Mid-September. So even if they would start to ship this Friday, this most probably won't mean every pre-order will be delivered next week (just to keep some feet on the ground).

Btw. I actually payed the first money for this project (respectively the Motorola keyboard mod) back in 2017 - and I am more than happy to wait two (or even four) more weeks and receive a well matured phone (although I cannot wait to finally hold a recent smartphone with a keyboard slider in my hands again). As long as the delay is reasonable, I think it is absolutely appropriate to give them the time to finish the final optimizations before release.

All of this gets me thinking though: Since the devices are manufactured in China and then shipped from some distribution center (or whatever) in the US or EU to the actual customer, wouldn't they have to have shipped from China already to be anywhere close the mid-September estimate? To me it doesn't really make sense to have still talked about mid-September at IFA last week without being sure about it, when at that point, or very close to it, devices would have had to have started shipping from China already. It's truly mysterious.

The silence isn't helping at all, to be honest.

I'm not mad, and I can take delays just fine (as I'm a keyboard mod backer, yey), but the amount of effort to drop one sentence about the official status is largely overblown. You can do that, even when super busy.

Something gone wrong and not sure if it can be fixed shortly? Still tell us. Honesty is more valuable than hoping to barely make it all the time, looking perfect.

It's not late (as it technically isn't yet)? Cool, why not still drop a post to shut up everyone thinking it is? I don't see the downside of that either.

i don't know if it's related but some businesses close for Chinese mid-autumn festival from Sept. 13-15. a delay of 3 days could snowball into a week due to backlog. Still, a little heads up email would have been nice. We've waited for a keyboard this long, what's another couple of weeks.

All of this gets me thinking though: Since the devices are manufactured in China and then shipped from some distribution center (or whatever) in the US or EU to the actual customer, wouldn’t they have to have shipped from China already to be anywhere close the mid-September estimate? To me it doesn’t really make sense to have still talked about mid-September at IFA last week without being sure about it, when at that point, or very close to it, devices would have had to have started shipping from China already. It’s truly mysterious.

The silence isn’t helping at all, to be honest.

I’m not mad, and I can take delays just fine (as I’m a keyboard mod backer, yey), but the amount of effort to drop one sentence about the official status is largely overblown. You can do that, even when super busy.

Something gone wrong and not sure if it can be fixed shortly? Still tell us. Honesty is more valuable than hoping to barely make it all the time, looking perfect.

It’s not late (as it technically isn’t yet)? Cool, why not still drop a post to shut up everyone thinking it is? I don’t see the downside of that either.

Yes, the delay is so strange as it is so sudden and only delay for half of a month. Someone said that it is the stage of debug. However, today is the original date about to deliver the phone. So we can conclude that the staff are already know the delay but no one make the announcement. The most important point is that we still have not got any public announcement about the delay. So please don't feel annoying to the above guys who blames on the staff because it is thing about the responsibility.

They should already have the devices and will need to sort the software, but I suspect they have a licensing issue (why the price increased). If they don't have licensing sorted they can't ship.

They really need to post to this thread and update the community it's getting a bit daft in here.

There is complete silence from the company agout this. I sent email few days ago and they said that the phone would ship by the ned of September. They said to others October. Don't really know what's going on but it would not be a problem if money was not taken. I object being charged and pay for something that is not ready to ship. Payment was not conditional on anything. My (our) money is in their hands and they don't feel they should at least inform us on the status. Does not smell very nice.......

Gosh, They aren’t yet late, the hardware is finished, the software is getting MAYBE delayed because WE ask for stuff on the forum and THEY LISTEN TO US ! For F* Sake … This is a pre-order, i never ever saw something go perfectly well on kickstarter, but for some reason this is now the end of the world ?

Mate, tone it down a bit, will ya? This isn't that much about the delay. It is about a lack of official communication which really isn't that difficult to do.

The capitalized 'maybe' is exactly the point of conflict: This thread has been active for a few days now, on similiar forums of most companies it would have received an official answer or at least some kind of response. Here, nothing.

That just adds to the general feeling that the forum is not something they wanted/care about (remember the style update fiasco? The posts that still need to be sifted through by hand? Most forum software has spam protection build into it, not sure why they aren't using something like, for example, phpbb).

I'm grateful to users of this forum who contacted f(x)tec directly for answers (please keep us all updated should you hear more). Even so, as it's officially Mid-September, so I have to agree that dropping a small note about the delay on their social media accounts, blog, these forums, etc would be more responsible than saying nothing at all.

All of this gets me thinking though: Since the devices are manufactured in China and then shipped from some distribution center (or whatever) in the US or EU to the actual customer, wouldn’t they have to have shipped from China already to be anywhere close the mid-September estimate? To me it doesn’t really make sense to have still talked about mid-September at IFA last week without being sure about it, when at that point, or very close to it, devices would have had to have started shipping from China already. It’s truly mysterious.

The silence isn’t helping at all, to be honest.

I’m not mad, and I can take delays just fine (as I’m a keyboard mod backer, yey), but the amount of effort to drop one sentence about the official status is largely overblown. You can do that, even when super busy.

It’s not late (as it technically isn’t yet)? Cool, why not still drop a post to shut up everyone thinking it is? I don’t see the downside of that either.

Yes, the delay is so strange as it is so sudden and only delay for half of a month. Someone said that it is the stage of debug. However, today is the original date about to deliver the phone. So we can conclude that the staff are already know the delay but no one make the announcement. The most important point is that we still have not got any public announcement about the delay. So please don’t feel annoying to the above guys who blames on the staff because it is thing about the responsibility.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, they have not yet passed their target. There may be a delay, but until there is one officially announced, why get excited. They have until September 21st to miss the "Summer" projection and until September 20th to miss the "mid-September" projection (10th-20th). Those were "begin shipping" projections. The might actually not yet know if they will hit those targets or not and hope springs eternal.

I don't mind if at the last minute they finally say, we tried very hard, but looks like it will be a couple of more weeks due to unforseen circumstances (that last bug we couldn't quite work out in time, whatever). I'm as impatient as anyone for this phone, but I willing to give Chen and company a *lot* of slack on this.

And their last communication was only 8 days ago (newsletter). It just feels like it's been months. ;-D

I think this Pro1 is never going to be released. All the people here who think it will,m they will learn the hard way.

so some suggest what are the other best options to buy similar device.

Are there any other device that are close to Pro1?

I seriously need to find another device

I think this Pro1 is never going to be released. All the people here who think it will,m they will learn the hard way.

Planet Computers Gemini and Cosmo, also BlackBerry KEYone and KEY2

Thanks, Blachberrys are useless as they are not close to this thing.

The only option i can see is Cosmos. it has good features.

But again its the same problem, its not out yet and only available for pre-order. and cosmos has been on preorders for years and they have been keep moving final production date for 2 years.

I would like to ask that if realistically shipping will take more then 2 week then is there a way i can request a test version of the device?

I have happy to pay for what Fx tec think is it would be.

I need this device not for fun, i need it for my work and business.

Since i have odered Pro1, i have stopped investing my timne and money on Nokis E7. so i am out of the device that i need.

So please let me know if there is an option to get Test device by paying.

Thanks

Planet Computers Gemini and Cosmo, also BlackBerry KEYone and KEY2

Hi, i am the keyone user. The feeling of typing is excellent. Honestly, i dont expect that the abovementioned devices are able to compare with blackberry. However, the screen is too small is a serious disadvantage. So you should find a balance yourself. But i wont recommand planet computer.

I received yesterday two responses on my support requests. However I asked in my second mail, if I can copy the content here and they said no. (Which is also the disclaimer in the mails:

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.

Maybe I am allowed to share the content of the mail without copying it, but I don't know.

So. I have my response I wanted. If you want to get yours as well than write to the support or just wait for the device. ?

Another delay?

Really?

I'm surviving with my almost dead Samsung S7, and I'm in dire need a new working phone.

Are there any official news about the preorder shipping date yet?

I'm really starting to take into consideration the idea of canceling my early march preorder and buying a cheap phone with the refund instead, if the pro1 gets delayed into oblivion tbh

I received yesterday two responses on my support requests. However I asked in my second mail, if I can copy the content here and they said no. (Which is also the disclaimer in the mails:

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.

Maybe I am allowed to share the content of the mail without copying it, but I don’t know.

So. I have my response I wanted. If you want to get yours as well than write to the support or just wait for the device. ?

All right, lets do it other way. Tell me what you ask :) Then I will ask you more and you will just respond yes\no :))))