Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working.

Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835

Known bugs:

- Under a rare circumstance, touch of screen can be lost (touch function unresponsive) A reboot will fix. If that happens, hold power key to give the reboot menu, then open the slider and press tab key, and select restart, Press Enter. It will go back after booting. This happens on a very rare case, and team is working on a fix for the next version

- We have heard from some users with a typical carrier / MVNO that the carrier has blocked the 3G network. 3G only works for a short while and then service get limited. This only happens to some typical carrier (Currently known Vodafone UK and KPN NL). And 4G / 2G both working fine. When this happens, if user makes a phone call under 4G network and voice call goes back to 3G, the call could not been made. A quick fix is going to setting --- Network and Internet --- Mobile Network --- Advanced --- Preferred Network Type: Change from Global to LTE/GSM/TDSCDMA to bypass WCDMA and it would work fine. Normally with most carriers 3G works by default so you don't need to change anything. If all of a sudden you cannot make phone calls, please use this temporary workaround while we investigate this issue with Qualcomm support team...

20191119132607.thumb.png.161a215bb213c06b222fb0609a1ec2f3.png

If you find more issues, or suggestions, please leave it here. We will also keep updating this list and news regarding the fix.

Let's squeeze the bugs together!

Thank you

• Like 13
  • Thanks 21
  • Erik pinned this topic
  • Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

There is a know "bug": Under desktop, long press a key will launch app shortcut (quick launch apps) but short type will go to google search.

However every time Google search is launched this way, the cursor will return to the left after user typed the first letter.

This is the bug from Google Search app, unfortunately we have nothing to do with it.

What we have considered is to have search for drawer when type under desktop, instead of launching Google Search.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, Waxberry said:

There is a know "bug": Under desktop, long press a key will launch app shortcut (quick launch apps) but short type will go to google search.

However every time Google search is launched this way, the cursor will return to the left after user typed the first letter.

This is the bug from Google Search app, unfortunately we have nothing to do with it.

What we have considered is to have search for drawer when type under desktop, instead of launching Google Search.

Disabling this app as one of the first thing after installing, I never experienced the bug....😇

ADD: When google search is disabled, It would be nice if short press jumped to the first shortcut starting with that letter

• Like 6

... Found another app, where the sensors can be tried one by one, There are 50, it is the one called "Motion Accel"

Shortly after displaying, it restarts the device. (I have tried a few times, but not enough time for a screen shot)

ADD: Note that there are more than one app called "Device info"
Screenshot_20191126-141010.thumb.png.1b5f7c8e8ae316d43c9e661ed5c4ae8a.png Screenshot_20191126-141017.thumb.png.c19941c4c2da71c144c8d7009deb36ee.png

(Also "MultiShake" at the bottom of the list do the same, if you do not exit within about one second)

ADD: This bug was originally seen with CPU-Z, a lot on this have been moved over here

• Thanks 4

Just a suggestion - could one of the moderators keep a concise list of known issues/bugs in the first post? That's typical approach on xda developer forums, and it really helps get a quick overview.

On a related sidenote - is any of the problems found so far a complete dealbreaker for daily use? I'm thinking sensor-poking apps crashing isn't ideal, but it's not something one needs every day. Headset pairing is a bit of a bummer from what I see. Anything else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
5 hours ago, Krzysieq said:

Just a suggestion - could one of the moderators keep a concise list of known issues/bugs in the first post? That's typical approach on xda developer forums, and it really helps get a quick overview.

On a related sidenote - is any of the problems found so far a complete dealbreaker for daily use? I'm thinking sensor-poking apps crashing isn't ideal, but it's not something one needs every day. Headset pairing is a bit of a bummer from what I see. Anything else?

They just need a public issue tracker 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, helder_alemao said:

Started using mine today. After some hours and with 80% battery percentage my touchscreen stoped responding but buttons worked. A few hours later it reeboted 5 times in less than 5 minutes. Anyone with same problem?

Uh that sounds bad... Have you installed anything 'odd'?

I have in half a year of usage only got one(!) spontaneous boot, months ago. (on pre-production unit)

But if I run Cpu-Z it restarts, as it do with the above mentioned app accessing "Motion Accel". Have you installed (or activated?) something that should do something on say shake, that might use this sensor? As there must be some driver-bug here, if so that could be the same bug...

Yesterday i started the set up by restoring a backup from my Nokia 8 and all went well. Today connected it to my lcd through widi, played some music and the first freeze started from nothing. Used GPS before anything happened. Reboot were more than 6. The only app I installed and used that might do something is open camera!?!?

43 minutes ago, helder_alemao said:

Yesterday i started the set up by restoring a backup from my Nokia 8 and all went well. Today connected it to my lcd through widi, played some music and the first freeze started from nothing. Used GPS before anything happened. Reboot were more than 6. The only app I installed and used that might do something is open camera!?!?

I have had Open Camera installed since day one, so that is not the culprit. Could it be the display-connection, that messes up something? I haven't experimented with that. What Music Player did you use?

ADD: I tried VLC, and now also "YouTube Music" and "Google Music". So I think WiDi is a likely candidate. Anyone else used WiDi?

To be honest it doesnt look so good now.

bluetooth seems to be not working

hdmi output seems to be not working

google play doesnt work

sensors issues

screen freezes

reboots all the time

i have note 8 for 4 years now and in these four years it never froze or reboot, never even single time

• Confused 2
5 minutes ago, kashif said:

To be honest it doesnt look so good now.

bluetooth seems to be not working

hdmi output seems to be not working

google play doesnt work

sensors issues

screen freezes

reboots all the time

i have note 8 for 4 years now and in these four years it never froze or reboot, never even single time

DId I miss a bunch of bugs?

with bluetooth only aptx (one of many audio codecs) doesn't seem to be working -> easy software update

hdmi -> probably software

google pay (not play) not working, because the certification is not finished  -> easy software update

sensor issues -> probably one selinux setting (explains the reboot)  -> easy software update

screen freezes -> probably software

• Thanks 5
5 minutes ago, kontakt said:

DId I miss a bunch of bugs?

with bluetooth only aptx (one of many audio codecs) doesn't seem to be working -> easy software update

hdmi -> probably software

google pay (not play) not working, because the certification is not finished  -> easy software update

sensor issues -> probably one selinux setting (explains the reboot)  -> easy software update

screen freezes -> probably software

Well i hope it all will be fixed as you suggested

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, kashif said:

Well i hope it all will be fixed as you suggested

I think it would have been a first in history if a new phone was released error-free.....

Even the big guys Samsung and the fruit company can't do that, and you expected F(x)tec as a small start-up could? Then your confidence in them were even higher than mine.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....

* The WiFi and BT MAC addresses seem to be bogus on production devices.  Mine is a prototype unit which is not expected to have valid MACs, but I have a report from at least one user that the retail version does not have proper MACs either.  If anyone has a retail device with actual, real, valid MACs, please let me know!

* The default BT device name is "QCOM-BTD".  It should be customized.

* There is no power profile for determining component battery usage (this is why the battery is reported as 1000mah).

* Setup screen requires you to accept some wireless data agreement.

* Software update text is in Chinese.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
4 hours ago, tdm said:

The WiFi and BT MAC addresses seem to be bogus on production devices.  Mine is a prototype unit which is not expected to have valid MACs, but I have a report from at least one user that the retail version does not have proper MACs either.  If anyone has a retail device with actual, real, valid MACs, please let me know!

Just to be transparent here, that info came from me / my device which is from the first batch.

• Thanks 5

Yesterdays update QXW1000_EEA_05500.19Q401_20191111-1505 fixed the following bugs:

- touch screen freeze issue (double tap to wake temporarily removed)
- 3G issue
- HDMI Output
- Camera vignette effect
- setting item display issues with test OTA package

Remaining bugs for me after first update are:
- missing/mismapped chars on QWERTZ \ µ ~ € ° ' ?
- Checking all sensors with AIDA64 shows updating results for 2 seconds than crashes the whole device to reboot.
- Battery capacity still reported at 1000mAh (in e.g. Ampere Meter Pro)
- No shutter sound in Snapdragon Camera app. Open Camera has shutter sound

Edited by mosen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, mosen said:

- No shutter sound in Snapdragon Camera app. Open Camera has shutter sound

I don't like those shutter sounds anyway, I may feel the lack of it as a feature instead of bug. Is it really necessary?
(However, there may be regulations which say it is necessary, just I feel that sound is a noise.)

• Like 4

I do not mind too much either but can understand people needing the acoustic hint that an image was taken.
I was confused for the first 5 or so images if they where taken at all. Had to look into the gallery to confirm.
Only then i tried Open Camera with shutter sound and realized Snapdragon Cam has a bug.
Knowing that there is no shutter sound now i just take the visual hint which is the inner focus circle going green until it disappears.

25 minutes ago, mosen said:

I do not mind too much either but can understand people needing the acoustic hint that an image was taken.
I was confused for the first 5 or so images if they where taken at all. Had to look into the gallery to confirm.
Only then i tried Open Camera with shutter sound and realized Snapdragon Cam has a bug.
Knowing that there is no shutter sound now i just take the visual hint which is the inner focus circle going green until it disappears.

Actually in some countries you are required by law to have the noise on shutter turned on. I know this go for Japan, Could be elsewhere too.

• Like 1
  • Erik unpinned this topic
  • Erik pinned this topic