On the pre-production status

55 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I can not crack the 'why' on that one, as I assume all are qwertY (As they said qwertZ are Europe only).

My wild guess -that could be totally wrong/irrelevant- would be that a buy could have a significant delay (for what ever reasons) between the buyer initiating it and F(x)tec actually getting the money.

Your wild guess sounds plausible at the very least. Still for it to take an entire month for fxtec to receive the money.. that doesn't seem right 🤔

And yeah the USA standard format is qwerty.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, magicafternoon said:

Your wild guess sounds plausible at the very least. Still for it to take an entire month for fxtec to receive the money.. that doesn't seem right 🤔

And yeah the USA standard format is qwerty.

Unless some paperwork get messed up between the banks. But a month sounds like a very long time even for bank bureaucracy. 🤐

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Unless some paperwork get messed up between the banks. But a month sounds like a very long time even for bank bureaucracy. 🤐

Or it could just be the simplest answer that FX is not using payment date at all but something else like pre-order date....

Edit:. To add to that theory, person a few posts back paid in Sept but pre-ordered in April while I paid in August but pre-ordered in July. 

Edited by Siani_8
1 minute ago, Siani_8 said:

Or it could just be the simplest answer that FX is not using payment date at all but something else like pre-order date....

Well though a simpler theory it does not seem to hold. Then we should have been able to see it reflected in the order numbers serviced. But we have people with low order numbers reporting they are not in.

11 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well though a simpler theory it does not seem to hold. Then we should have been able to see it reflected in the order numbers serviced. But we have people with low order numbers reporting they are not in.

Maybe that's because they paid later is what I'm saying.  Did these people with low order numbers pay the day they got the email?  There were problems with people not getting payments through and cards denying payment to FX early on also from what I remember.  I personally think they are going by pre-order date first and then looking at payment dates for early pre-orders second.  Nothing else really makes sense.  I've personally never had a payment I've made take anywhere close to a month to go through for any payment ever and I've ordered from multiple countries including UK, China and Japan.

Edited by Siani_8
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Oh me neither, but seldom do oversea buys in this price range.

But sure my wild guesses are not better than yours,  We lack the knowledge, and can not deduce what is going on with high likelihood.

True enough.  It is mind boggling

On 1/27/2020 at 10:10 AM, Akun said:

Damn, the low numbers of produced phone (around 1000) make me think the situation is far worst than I expected.

Pro1 is basically a failure and a scam, on July 31st when most people paid for a phone that should have shipped weeks later, the "factory process" was not even started or even founded.

And what factory build 1000 phones in 5 monthes, that's 6 phones a day ?

If you add to this all the customs issues, and now the China epidemic crisis, and the 70% batch may really be the last one.

The vast majority of devices were produced towards the end of this window, limited production while bugs are worked out is quite normal in a high tech product so an average of 6 phones a day is not exactly a fair description.  What is fair is to say that they didn't have a manufactureable phone when they said "We are beginning the manufacturing in the next few weeks with estimated first shipping to pre-order customers during the  2nd week of September." in the request for payment email.  They may have had a few mockups or pre designed-for-manufacture prototypes by then but nothing that was ready to be manufactured and regulator approved and licensed.

The 1000 is the most pessimistic number that I could possibly back with the evidence.  1200 orders to date is my best number.  1400 or even a few more with EskeRahn's correction on serial numbers is not unreasonable.  EskeRahn's 1750 lower bound is even possible but seems quite unlikely based on what I've seen.  3000 is impossible unless they have some other order system that is hidden from the one where all the orders people here talk about are.  I'm aware that 20 to 40 units were sold through a retailer and probably don't appear in the order numbers I have, they have minimal impact on totals.

My prior presentation of this as using new orders to produce old orders was simply saying that I think they are doing what many startups do, working near the edge.  It's consistent with the Ponzi scheme but without the intent.  I have every belief that Chen and Fxtec are trying to be successful.  We all have no reason to believe that Chen or anyone else is running away with a ton of money, if that were the intent it would have made sense to do that on August 15th or so when they had a ton of our money and many of the expenses hadn't come due yet.  They didn't run.  I continue to be concerned about the post 1000 unit mark, but have no hard evidence, only speculation.  These concerns will evaporate when they cross the 1200 shipped units threshold proving that they didn't get 1000 sets of components in an initial round with no way to get the next round of components.

The recent very large batch implies that either they resolved any financial issues or never had them in the first place.  I've always presented my concerns as educated guesses and not fact.  The facts I have are the order numbers visible to anyone who looks combined with the (possibly faked) comments many have made here, and other places online, and Fxtec concrete statements, and posted pictures.  Just for fun, I ran a forensic analysis on the picture of what appeared to be a pallet of 600 phones and it comes up clean, no evidence of photo tampering, but it really is just a picture of some nice boxes.  I can also add as a fact (to me at least, I could be a paid actor like Doktor Oswaldo for all you know) that there is a box from Fxtec sitting at my home that I'll be there to open on this Friday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It seems indeed that they managed to increase speed of production. I did not go through all the thread. Based on latest data, when will they have produced all pre orders? If I understood correctly, they still need to produce about 30%? Do they manage to produce 10% per week? So the first 3 weeks of February?

13 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

Maybe that's because they paid later is what I'm saying.  Did these people with low order numbers pay the day they got the email?  There were problems with people not getting payments through and cards denying payment to FX early on also from what I remember.

I was one of those people. Took me some time to get the payment through, still I was one of the first people to receive a (production) phone. I was also an Indiegogo-backer.

2 hours ago, Hamradio said:

I was no IGG and got order # 5xxx and got my device last week. Serial No. is 227 and I was a bit surprised about the difference between the order No. and the Serial No.
But now I am lucky with the phone and it is running so smooth....

That 227 is interesting, as we know the highest before this was 225. So the cut is now established much narrower towards the lower end. And we can do better estimates within the accuracy of this "six" and "70" we now know the total most be in the order of 2250.

On 1/23/2020 at 8:29 PM, EskeRahn said:

And of course how sharp the number 10% we deduced actually is (as 70%/(1+6) where the 6 does not have to be 6.00 but could be anything between 5.5 and 6.5. And the 70% could be rough too, so the "10" could be roughly anything between 9 and 13,

So summing up anywhere between 225/.13 and 274/.09 that is in an interval about 1750 to 3000.

This can now be narrowed down to anywhere between 225/.13 and 226/.09 that is in an interval about 1750 to 2511.

So we would expect a highest serial number no lower than 1225, the highest yet reported is 1011 though.

34 minutes ago, magicafternoon said:

Support finally responded to my email.

Looks like a pre-70%-batch copy/pasted response though.

What would have interesting to know is whether they'll wait to complete all of the remaining pre-orders before sending them in yet another big batch or if they intend on making another attempt at sending one batch per week. I am expecting the former, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

Edited by Raksura
42 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Looks like a pre-70%-batch copy/pasted response though.

What would have interesting to know is whether they'll wait to complete all of the remaining pre-orders before sending them in yet another big batch or if they intend on making another attempt at sending one batch per week. I am expecting the former, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

It seems like they produced the about 60% batch in about three weeks, so doubt that dividing the remaining half sized batch would be worth it.

3 hours ago, Tsunero said:

Oh for f*cks sake...Lunar New Year extended to Feb 10...Guess we ain't seeing the phone until April... I am really fed up now that even the stupid nature is against us.

Yeah, sh*tty, right? Life happened once again. Let's try to be patient for another 30 or 60 days... 🙄

• Sad 1

I'm sure you are aware of the Coronavirus outbreak that is spreading through China at the moment, and if not here's a recent BBC news article which provides more information on the severity of the situation:

This will have a direct impact on our manufacturing and production capabilities, as the Chinese government has extended the Chinese New Year holidays until around the 9th February, and restricted public transport around the country as a precaution. This was officially announced by the Chinese Government on the 28th January. We are therefore unsure how soon, or if people will be able to return to work, as many factory staff will have travelled across the country to be with their friends and family for the New Year. This means that we cannot provide a guaranteed date to which the factory will be back up and running again. 

I hope you can understand that this situation is completely out of our control, and until we receive further updates or clarity on the situation, we will have to delay our next batch of devices which were due to be shipped to customers the beginning of February. 

If you have any questions about the matter, please get in touch with info@fxtec.com

Sincerely,  

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

The speed at which we were informed is appreciated. :classic_smile:

Edited by Raksura
Changed the "webfx.co" addresses to the pages they redirected to.
  • Thanks 9
27 minutes ago, nanohcv said:

Oh no... 😢

I read that Bill Gates is responsible for this debacle... 😜

You sure?  With all the controversy going on here, someone is sure to claim that FXTEC has bred the virus to have an excuse for the delayed delivery times. 🙄😜

Edited by Shilor
  • Haha 4