On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, magicafternoon said:

They definitely have over 20000 preorders. Mine is in that range.

They definitely have used order numbers that high, but the order numbers are not sequential.  At the time of this posting, the lowest pre-order was just over 4700 and the highest actual order was just over 40900.  The system used to allocate a number every time someone put a phone in cart and now will not allocate a number until you at least try to pay but allocated numbers are still not sequential.  My personal order number is 5400 and it is the 150th pre-order placed in cart.  If the e-commerce standard of about 6:1 carts to orders holds then my phone is approximately the 25th pre-order.   We saw pictures of 6 boxes with 20 phones in the top layer.  That might have been empty boxes received for packing, or may have been phones ready to go out.  That may have been 1 layer tall or may have been 2 or even 3 layers tall.  My hope is that the initial batch is at least 240 phones (2 layers tall), but I have only seen the same pictures everyone else has.

The order numbers have skipped widely variable amounts but with a few exceptions have been no more than about 50 apart with some are as close as 4 apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Erik said:

On a side note, please be aware that I do not represent the PR or communications team - I am a techie at Fxtec involved in design/development.

Erik

Dear Erik, with all due respect: Stop. As a fellow techie, this is NOT your job. This is the job of the communication department, wether they like it or not. It is literally in their name: They are supposed to communicate with customers.

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Like 2

So who is order number 4729?   As I feel like they may have been the very first to pre-order.

Regardless, my understanding is that after IGG backers, priority is payment date, which isn't directly related to your order number, other than they notified people to pay in batches based on their original order number.  This is an assumption that it was batches; maybe they just started sending them out sequentially with some minimal delay (minute or two) between.

We could try to figure out who paid first, based on time of email receipt from fx, to figure out who should get theirs first after IGG folks, if ppl pasted that exact date/time (in UTC for comparison purposes).   If we really cared.

31 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

Dear Erik, with all due respect: Stop. As a fellow techie, this is NOT your job. This is the job of the communication department, wether they like it or not. It is literally in their name: They are supposed to communicate with customer

Yeah, but...   Chen hasn't posted here recently.   The communications/PR department apparently ignore the forums, where they could answer one persons question and save them re-answering the question 10+ more times in email (and answer it for another 10+ who wouldn't bother to write).

If I was a techie in the company, I'd wanna share as much as I was allowed too, cuz I'm excited about the project and want to be part of the community, etc, and share whatever I can.

The thing that's annoying is the spin that Eske already called them out on.  Erik keeps saying they're on schedule.  We already know he said they'd ship from hubs on 29th, and even if HK is a hub, we don't even have confirmation they've shipped from there, so it seems sketchy - they definitely did not ship out from US/UK hubs on the 29th, so it's annoying to keep reading that everything is as promised.  Just admit things DIDNT go exactly to plan!

I'm not at all worried about getting it eventually, IGG backer and expect to be in the first batch from US hub, and Chen refunded everyone from IGG that didnt wanna throw their money into this project (which he didnt have to, btw, IGG is backing a project, but if project fails, you're entitled to nothing - but he paid out everyone who asked) but regardless I understand some of the unhappy posts ppl's have made. 

All good things come to those who wait.

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, B.X said:

My personal order number is 5400 and it is the 150th pre-order placed in cart.

Where did you get the number of 150?

Anyway, it would be good if they could send a mail to everyone containing what is their number in the queue.
However, it seems they are not willing to give us _any_ numbers - the amount of phones manufactured till a date, the amount of orders received, the amount of phones are there in first batch, the amount of phones in following batches, the amount of IGG orders - be it actual numbers or relative ones. Nor they are willing to say anything real about current shipping state of packages to EU / US warehouses.
They are practically quiet and we practically are in a dark room.

So we should not expect any real numbers about our places in queue nor any estimation of progress if/when we may receive anything from them.
If we would have an approximate number of our place in queue and an approximate progress indication, that would help a lot.

7 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Okay, but how / what have you counted?

F(x)tec uses a Wordpress site with a shopping cart add-on that has an API which I used.  The API allows anyone in the public to check for valid or invalid order numbers and with the help of some others, I was able to determine that the valid order numbers included any time during the pre-order period where someone put a phone in cart.   After the pre-order period, the system changed and now it only says new orders where the person at least tried to pay are valid.    I posted about this a week or two ago.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, B.X said:

F(x)tec uses a Wordpress site with a shopping cart add-on that has an API which I used. 

Thank you your answer.

I saw the site was originally used Wordpress CMS but I have not thought these numbers are not sequential order numbers... I have not used this CMS so I don't know its special behaviours nor the specific modules available for this system.

Been having a bit of an issue with my order...

I intended to cancel it the further the date keeps slipping and communication becoming more distant.

If you view your order status...

"Credit / Debit Card TOTAL: $659.00 USD charged at a future date"

Except... when I checked my bank account for transactions on the date I submitted my pre-order: they already charged me the full amount that day.

When asking how I would cancel, the people are viewing my messages on Facebook but not responding.

This is starting to look rather scammy.

Screenshot_2019-11-01_21-42-08.png

4 hours ago, B.X said:

The order numbers have skipped widely variable amounts but with a few exceptions have been no more than about 50 apart with some are as close as 4 apart.

I got some (forcible cancelled) preorders 2 and 3 apart, So I'm pretty sure every number was used sequentially BUT if someone emptied their cart, the numbers were not reused.

So all we know is that there are less than something like 40000 orders (the first many numbers most likely used for testing), And that the number of our order can give us an rough estimate on where we are in the queue, If we for simplicity assume numbers started around 4000, and is currently at 44000, then a number 14xxx will be roughly 25% in.

(Yes I know we were about 1500 IGG backers, where a good part is likely to have ordered, that is in front of the queue. But this is a small number in a rough estimate)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SteffenWi said:

Dear Erik, with all due respect: Stop. As a fellow techie, this is NOT your job. This is the job of the communication department, wether they like it or not. It is literally in their name: They are supposed to communicate with customers.

With a small company, job descriptions rarely match what you actually do. I do hope that Erik continues to post here, and gives updates regarding progress to the best of his knowledge. That said, it's a dangerous place to be posting as something might be delayed/changed that is out of his control.  

Anyway, hope to get an email soon, fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

wat. Comparing a 6700K to a 8700K (which has 2c/4t more and overclocks like hell because 14nm++) is comparing Wittgenstein in my avatar to a Cray-1: they're miles apart in performance!

Okay, bad example. Then let's talk about non-overclocked performance.

You will agree that they are both completely suitable for daily use and except for some task (which in mobile case don't really happen often) you will not notice any difference.

I was fixing a computer of a friend last time and he had a i7 860. After adding an SSD and a cheap 75W graphics card, this thing is fast. And the PC/CPU is now nine years old.

Of course, you wouldn't be benchmarking or rendering with it, but neither you need to do with your phone. For loading times, business use and browsing this device should be good for at least five years. If ram doesn't become an issue (clearing ram causes a lot of cpu activity), maybe for 10.

The same as a 6700K would do if not used specifically for editing.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, twelfth said:

Been having a bit of an issue with my order...

I intended to cancel it the further the date keeps slipping and communication becoming more distant.

If you view your order status...

"Credit / Debit Card TOTAL: $659.00 USD charged at a future date"

Except... when I checked my bank account for transactions on the date I submitted my pre-order: they already charged me the full amount that day.

When asking how I would cancel, the people are viewing my messages on Facebook but not responding.

This is starting to look rather scammy.

Screenshot_2019-11-01_21-42-08.png

This has already been addressed multiple times, it is a bug in the system.

When your order has the status of 'processing' it means they received the payment. 
See also this thread:

• Thanks 4
6 hours ago, twelfth said:

The support via the contact form on the website or e-mail is pretty responsive however, if you want to modify or cancel an order or get straight answers about logistics and the likes that's where to contact them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, netman said:

The support via the contact form on the website or e-mail is pretty responsive however, if you want to modify or cancel an order or get straight answers about logistics and the likes that's where to contact them.

Ok. have sent them an email inquiring about the date of shipment and tracking no. Let's see what they reply.
Did you get any shipment update?

31 minutes ago, rejujacob said:

Did you get any shipment update?

Everyone is eagerly awaiting on any news about that I think... Should be any time now that many people actually receive shipment notifications, and I am sure the forums will be on fire when that begins :).

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, netman said:

Everyone is eagerly awaiting on any news about that I think... Should be any time now that many people actually receive shipment notifications, and I am sure the forums will be on fire when that begins :).

Dear Mr netman

You seem happy, do you have some good news from inside? 😊

• Haha 1
Just now, kashif said:

Dear Mr netman

You seem happy, do you have some good news from inside? 😊

I have no inside info but I have faith they'll get it all going, a lot of it is already in the hands of a logistics company probably and when stuff gets to the warehouses it'll go pretty fast. And I have good hope the angry mob will calm down a bit when people can actually show they are receiving phones xD.

• Like 5
Just now, netman said:

I have no inside info but I have faith they'll get it all going, a lot of it is already in the hands of a logistics company probably and when stuff gets to the warehouses it'll go pretty fast. And I have good hope the angry mob will calm down a bit when people can actually show they are receiving phones xD.

Who is the angry mob?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, kashif said:

Who is the angry mob?

Angry mob is probably an overstatement but some of this thread seems a bit tense and dramatic to me :D. It's understandable though, I also feel impatient and somewhat concerned with the relative silence from F(x)tecs side but I don't believe we can make the phones come faster by furiously posting to a forum... And I guess complaints about communication seem somewhat justified but I just personally don't care much, I know specs of the phone and such so the next thing is I want the phone and i want it NOW but that's an unreasonable demand :D.

• Like 3
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic