On the pre-production status

7 minutes ago, Swond said:

E7 has everything on one PCB. Unlucky me. But this time it is not a charging problem, as it was very obvious. Well the phone works normally when it works, but then i can spot how the content after short power-button occurs, sometimes several times and then the phone turns of like when you push it long. In this case I am convinced it is a HW problem.

check for dirt in the switch

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Swond said:

Thats what I definitely wanna try. The top-ending can be removed. Its glued, but it can be removed, so I wanna take it off and try to clean it there.

Sometimes you can get a corner of a piece of paper, or thin stiff plastic, in aiong the edge of a button, and with a little luck push whatever pocket lint that got in there to a side.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, A Dude said:

So cutting something off from the "5-10 weeks to go" is wishful ...

I hope, they can get everything done until end of January! Good luck to all! 🙂

others have already begun the guess-work with similar conclusions ... This is my tuppence worth!

https://community.fxtec.com/profile/6642-tim6263/

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Sometimes you can get a corner of a piece of paper, or thin stiff plastic, in aiong the edge of a button, and with a little luck push whatever pocket lint that got in there to a side.

@Swond otherwise - if you can get the respective board out: lots of destilled water and a little dry-off in rice sometimes does wonders

Edited by A Dude
added "mention"
35 minutes ago, Erik said:

I was late with the update yesterday, we've been quite busy lately :). I am noting your questions, and I'll make an informal update on the news thread today.

Sorry, didn't find the update over at the pre-orders updates thread. Am I missing something? Cheers

23 hours ago, Erik said:

Tracking details were emailed to our APAC and US/CA customers to those with stock assigned letters. The EU stock is in transit with a courier to our EU warehouse right now. I will write an update on the news thread later today when I get a chance.

22 hours ago, Erik said:

We are now having batches leaving the factory every week, another one is expected to be in transit between the warehouses by the end of this week, so technically another batch of "stock assigned" letters should be going out early next week.

I will provide more detailed info on this today once I get some time :).

20 hours ago, Erik said:

...  Each batch now covers between 1-2/10ths of all pre-orders.

This might disappoint some, and we understand this given how much all of you had to wait for the device, but the bigger picture is positive - we are producing and shipping devices a lot more frequently now that we addressed production and logistics related issues that were slowing us down.

Edited by illie-vanilli
37 minutes ago, illie-vanilli said:

Also, you can always check this thread:

Thanks, I had read Eske's stand-in for Erik's future message. It's just that Erik said: "I was late with the update yesterday", so went looking for any news but found just Eske's post which I had already read. Sorry

• Like 1
2 hours ago, A Dude said:

Slight flaw in this theory: Erik stated that from now on batches will contain 10..20% of pre-orders. No statement was made about the first two batches (where the first was agreed here  to be ~120 devices).

All we know for certain is 120+ devices were delivered and less than 45'000 devices were ordered. Anything in between is guesswork.

This sets us at:

Batch 1+2 made at worst 121 devices for 45k orders -> 0.3% of all pre-orders.
(sure - batch 2 might have been bigger than only ONE device 😉 - but that's the guaranteed minimum)

So worst case: still 10 weeks until all are shipped.

with following assumptions: batch 2 contained 10% of pre-orders as batch 3 with guesstimated 20k devices ordered:

This would put batch 2 at 2k devices, making batch 1 kinda irrelevant, therefore still 5..9 weeks to go.

So cutting something off from the "5-10 weeks to go" is wishful thinking, but not mathematically sound.

I hope, they can get everything done until end of January! Good luck to all! 🙂

There are no 45k devices ordered. Order numbers aren't viable for this because not every number is an actual order.

Around three weeks ago there were less than 2,5k orders, this counts all orders, paid, unpaid, refunded. You could use their API to check that but you need to scan every order number to know if it's valid or not. After their increased price to >700 euro to make people stop refunding and waiting for final release barely any new number was an order. Don't know how it is now but I guess they lose more orders thanks to refunds that they gain now. I guess after refunds there may be many less than 2k actual orders to be fulfilled. First batch, 120 devices, was little over 5% of all orders because it was around 2300 orders back then but as I said, that number contains also unpaid and refunded orders. After their Christmas failure even more people will refund. From the rebirth of landscape qwerty to the biggest failure in landscape qwerty history. I only hope the justice will be done for Fxtec for all their lies.

Edited by Gon009
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
3 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

There are no 45k devices ordered. Order numbers aren't viable for this because not every number is an actual order.

Around three weeks ago there were less than 2,5k orders, this counts all orders, paid, unpaid, refunded. You could use their API to check that but you need to scan every order number to know if it's valid or not. After their increased price to >700 euro to make people stop refunding and waiting for final release barely any new number was an order. Don't know how it is now but I guess they lose more orders thanks to refunds that they gain now. I guess after refunds there may be many less than 2k actual orders to be fulfilled. First batch, 120 devices, was little over 5% of all orders because it was around 2300 orders back then but as I said, that number contains also unpaid and refunded orders. After their Christmas failure even more people will refund. From the rebirth of landscape qwerty to the biggest failure in landscape qwerty history. I only hope the justice will be done for Fxtec for all their lies.

I am sincerely hoping your future telling skills suck. haha

🤣

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Gon009 said:

Around three weeks ago there were less than 2,5k orders, this counts all orders, paid, unpaid, refunded. You could use their API to check that but you need to scan every order number to know if it's valid or not. After their increased price to >700 euro to make people stop refunding and waiting for final release barely any new number was an order. Don't know how it is now but I guess they lose more order that they gain now. I guess after refunds there may be much less than 2k actual orders to be fulfilled. First batch, 120 devices, was little over 5% of all orders because it was around 2300 orders back then but as I said, that number contains also unpaid and refunded orders. After their Christmas failure even more people will refund. From the rebirth of landscape qwerty to the biggest failure in landscape qwerty history. I only hope the justice will be done for Fxtec for all their lies.

I think you meant to say "justice for delivering a form factor that no one else would dare to bet on", as in "their just reward".

I think Eske explained difference between "miscalculations" and "lies", don't be a drama queen.

I can assure you, drop in sales on stuff that will not come before the holidays is happening across the board, people are spending their money on gifts

Edited by is
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, A Dude said:

otherwise - if you can get the respective board out: lots of destilled water and a little dry-off in rice sometimes does wonders

I know, I know, but the switch itself is on the mainboard and since its very close to charging port, which is quite problematic, I dont wanna try any of wet systems 😄

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Tried pressurised air, but nothing happened and nothing went out 😞

Edited by Swond
gramatic mistake
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Swond said:

I know, I know, but the switch itself is on the mainboard and since its very close to charging port, which is quite problematic, I dont wanna try any of wet systems 😄

Tried pressured air, but nothing happened and nothing went out 😞

You can try contact cleaner spray. Despite being a 'wet' method it dries out pretty quickly as it is volatile stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, agent008 said:

Thanks, I had read Eske's stand-in for Erik's future message. It's just that Erik said: "I was late with the update yesterday", so went looking for any news but found just Eske's post which I had already read. Sorry

Erik said "today."  He hasn't posted his update yet.  Hopefully he will find the time, but hasn't yet.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hook said:

Erik said "today."  He hasn't posted his update yet.  Hopefully he will find the time, but hasn't yet.

Yeah yeah, I interpreted his reply in the wrong way. I am not a native English speaker  - even though I think I do quite well, sometimes the more subdued meanings of things can be "rost in tlansration".

What I read -- when he mentioned "I was late", in my mind it implied he did it, though late. Turns out it means he is still running late. Ah the subtleties of spoken language!

• Like 1

Sooooo.... I did something shameful....

I trolled the twitter account and made a seething complaint under an image... I caved and became a petulant 13 year old! (On the bonus I received a reply where they said they will look into my order.)

@Erik has come back to us in the forums again and again and is, so obviously, doing all he can. And like everyone else I can not deny I want this phone on a materialistic level (I will not die without it although on occasions I feel it).

However, now there are phones being shipped on a regular basis I feel positive. Yes they are not in large numbers I also remind myself that this is F(x)tec the new company not Samsung/Apple/Huwaie etc who are major players and have a monopoly on factories and delivery services. All units are usually shipped to a store for those guys but ours are going to be to our doors and this makes a large difference in delivery companies performing logistics. example being that across Europe there are set standards in regards to carbon emissions, London for instance is applying loads of pressures on to delivery companies to literally fill the van until it pops and do minimal stops (Amazon now park a van in your neighbourhood an the driver gets to walk in a miles radius delivering by hand and not van).

I am feeling positive and in all fairness I only want the split screen so I can do my word scramble game and simultaneously get the answers from google when I am stuck! 😉

Basically... Dear F(x)Tec social media team..... I AM SORRY! XxX 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Gon009 said:

Casting aspersions again, I see.

1 hour ago, agent008 said:

You can try contact cleaner spray. Despite being a 'wet' method it dries out pretty quickly as it is volatile stuff.

keep contact cleaner far away from lcd screens is my additional advice on this (it can get between the screen and backlight (and the layers of the backlight itself) and make those all ugly).

Edited by netman
explain why
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, netman said:

keep contact cleaner far away from lcd screens is my additional advice on this (it can get between the screen and backlight (and the layers of the backlight itself) and make those all ugly).

whoa, forgot to mention that. Well remembered. Thanks

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Hook said:

Well, if the third batch is shipping this week, there are only 7 weeks and that's the third week in January,

I guess the production will stop for a couple of weeks in January because of the Chinese New Year, so it's probably more realistic to target on February for the last pre-orders. The production of regular orders will start after that. 

• Like 1