On the pre-production status

58 minutes ago, Erik said:

Tracking details were emailed to our APAC and US/CA customers to those with stock assigned letters. The EU stock is in transit with a courier to our EU warehouse right now. I will write an update on the news thread later today when I get a chance.

That is good news. Any stock assignment emails to be sent soon? That way I can keep hopes up that mine is contemplated in the next round. Order in the #150XX's.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, agent008 said:

That is good news. Any stock assignment emails to be sent soon? That way I can keep hopes up that mine is contemplated in the next round. Order in the #150XX's.

Thanks

We are now having batches leaving the factory every week, another one is expected to be in transit between the warehouses by the end of this week, so technically another batch of "stock assigned" letters should be going out early next week.

I will provide more detailed info on this today once I get some time :).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
2 minutes ago, Erik said:

We are now having batches leaving the factory every week, another one is expected to be in transit between the warehouses by the end of this week, so technically another batch of "stock assigned" letters should be going out early next week.

I will provide more detailed info on this today once I get some time :).

Thanks for getting back quickly. Makes me feel cared for as a customer. Most of us are supporting F(x)tec through and through in the best way we can which is holding on to our preorders and to the edges of our seats. We are rooting for your continued success even if it is against all the odds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, zurvan2 said:

Got my tracking number!!!

ETA 12/10

(US, IGG backer, had a stock assigned in the first batch)

Good to hear in the other topic that finally also US customers are going to receive their phones soon.

• Like 4
Just now, VaZso said:

Good to hear in the other topic that finally also US customers are going to receive their phones soon.

Yeah, kinda makes me jealous as so far no stock assigned email for me.

Now, with selfish mode off, I am also satisfied to see things keep moving along.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Erik said:

Tracking details were emailed to our APAC and US/CA customers to those with stock assigned letters. The EU stock is in transit with a courier to our EU warehouse right now. I will write an update on the news thread later today when I get a chance.

Thanks Erik. As a EU customer with a unit assigned in the second batch, should I expect getting the tracking number this week?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, matf said:

Thanks Erik. As a EU customer with a unit assigned in the second batch, should I expect getting the tracking number this week?

Some will, but I can't confirm that on an individual basis, there may or may not be a lot of people in the queue before you. Each batch now covers between 1-2/10ths of all pre-orders.

This might disappoint some, and we understand this given how much all of you had to wait for the device, but the bigger picture is positive - we are producing and shipping devices a lot more frequently now that we addressed production and logistics related issues that were slowing us down.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 10
16 minutes ago, Erik said:

Some will, but I can't confirm that on an individual basis, there may or may not be a lot of people in the queue before you. Each batch now covers between 1-2/10ths of all pre-orders.

Thanks Erik, looks like things might be stabilizing and slowly ramping up. Looking at the margins you mention in relation to the number of weeks before Christmas, hitting general availability before Christmas may or may not happen. I hope that pans out in a way that works for FxTec, in terms of not missing (too much) of the holiday sales season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

So it will take between 5 and 10 weeks to complete all the pre orders then I guess.

If we are pessimistic, yes. We've had 2 batches shipped already, and the 3rd one is on the way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
25 minutes ago, Erik said:

Thank you these information.

May I ask you what is the relation between all pre-orders and those which have IGG coupons?

Also, could you share the approximate percent of pre-orders currently reached?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Erik said:

hi Erik,

Could you be more specific in news thread later about the country and the number of devices that will be send?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Erik said:

This might disappoint some, and we understand this given how much all of you had to wait for the device, but the bigger picture is positive - we are producing and shipping devices a lot more frequently now that we addressed production and logistics related issues that were slowing us down.

Thanks for your answer. I might need a clarification: since my unit has been assigned to batch 2 (I got the e-mail) which has already left China, I don't understand the potential queue you mention. Is batch 2 smaller than expected when assignment letters were sent? [Edit: not asking that with a hostile tone at all, sorry if that was confusing.]

I agree that things are shaping up nicely, just not sure I understood what are stock assignments.

Edited by matf
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, VaZso said:

May I ask you what is the relation between all pre-orders and those which have IGG coupons?

It must be few coupons. We know there were only 1653 "backers". Some of these were mere donations, a few got a Mod, and some got a refund... How many that leaves is anyone's guess..

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Erik said:

This might be disappointing news to some (not me), BUT the forthright communication is much appreciated by all (including me)!  It's long overdue and much needed.  Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
3 hours ago, Erik said:

Thanks a lot for this. I think that a lot of people that were asking for more information wanted info like this. Sure, it's not necessarily as good as "your device is shipping now" or something, but it is info and like you said the bigger picture is positive. This also to me seems like a pretty realistic estimation, compared to some of the previous information we had gotten.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Polaris said:

This might be disappointing news to some (not me), BUT the forthright communication is much appreciated by all (including me)!  It's long overdue and much needed.  Thank you.

Here here ...And to everyone (like me) who has been upset for a while and is still waiting ...this is what we have been asking for - and now we have got it  ...So let us all treat Erik with respect and make sure he feels welcome here, and feels comfortable to be honest at all times, irrespective of whether he is the bearer of good or bad news!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

It must be few coupons. We know there were only 1653 "backers". Some of these were mere donations, a few got a Mod, and some got a refund... How many that leaves is anyone's guess..

Hmm - yes, your are right. I have almost forgot it but I am afraid I was that who wrote that exact number of backers in a comment.
As far as I remember well, there was a list of backers - some of them with names and some of them as Anonymous and maybe refunded state was also there - however, now I have not found that list (maybe because the state of the campaign has changed or because of the elapsed time).

However, Liangchen wrote in one of the comments that one day he did 300 refunds and still was refunds pending...

So I assume IGG backers who may be still have active coupons may be around 1000 users - a maximum of ~1200 but there may be less than 1000 if a lot of requests happened around the ending of Keyboard Mod or during the waiting for Pro1.

...but after these information we may not request the exact percent of IGG coupons relative to all pre-orders as it may only need some calculations. :classic_tongue:
...and F(x)tec did not want to provide exact numbers of pre-orders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If there are between a 1/10th and a 1/5th of phones shipping each week and there are only 2 weeks left until Christmas, then it's not pessimistic to say *the majority* of pre-orders won't be completed by Xmas, it's simple maths.

Whilst it would be lovely and exciting to get it before xmas, I simply want this phone!  I will get it when I get it.  I spent money on the Cosmo over 1yr before getting that device.

(The next part aimed at F(x)tec)

Of course with thousands of well paid engineers here at Google UK's hq, it would definitely be in F(x)tec's benefit to have me walking around showing this phone off!

Perhaps I could wander the kilometre or so to your office and grab a box early? ...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9