On the pre-production status

1 hour ago, dreamflasher said:

Gosh, yeah, if they would have ordered a bunch of phone to be picked up at their office I totally would have made the trip to get it two months earlier^^

Same for me. And I live in Munich 😃

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

Gosh, yeah, if they would have ordered a bunch of phone to be picked up at their office I totally would have made the trip to get it two months earlier^^

1 hour ago, kontakt said:

Pretty sure I wouldn't have much trouble to convince my wife that we should do little city trip to London (from the Netherlands)....😃

2 hours ago, kontakt said:

Jeez you guys are jonesing for this thing. I'm only an hour away by road from London and I make it a rule to never go there unless I'm being paid ...

Now Munich on the other hand - I've had to work quite hard over the years to prevent several clients from figuring out they didn't really need to pay me extra to go there :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, Erik said:

Some will, but I can't confirm that on an individual basis, there may or may not be a lot of people in the queue before you. Each batch now covers between 1-2/10ths of all pre-orders.

This might disappoint some, and we understand this given how much all of you had to wait for the device, but the bigger picture is positive - we are producing and shipping devices a lot more frequently now that we addressed production and logistics related issues that were slowing us down.

I'm not disappointed but very glad to hear usable numbers for the first time.

I most probably won't receive my phone by christmas (regular order in september), but now I know when to epect it. Thanks a lot for this bit of transparency.

And of course best luck on further improving the rate to maybe hit general availability by Christmas!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Polaris said:

Without a doubt!  Like I said, cut from the same cloth.  Yep, full price, back of the line, and no complaining here too.  It's accurate that Left=West Cost, too accurate for my taste, but I'll digress.  Which part of our great land do you call home?

Michigan, where we get more snowfall at certain times of year than antarctica......but I digress. :O

12 hours ago, Erik said:

Some will, but I can't confirm that on an individual basis, there may or may not be a lot of people in the queue before you. Each batch now covers between 1-2/10ths of all pre-orders.

This might disappoint some, and we understand this given how much all of you had to wait for the device, but the bigger picture is positive - we are producing and shipping devices a lot more frequently now that we addressed production and logistics related issues that were slowing us down.

There is an important detail missing here. One other person asked about it, but apparently no one but me noticed. Current production output will cover 10-20% of the preorders every week, so 5-10 weeks for complete fulfillment......except that SOME preorders have already been filled. How many of the preorders have yet to be filled? Without this info we still have a missing link in our educated guess at the timeline for fulfillment.

5 minutes ago, silversolver said:

How many of the preorders have yet to be filled? Without this info we still have a missing link in our educated guess at the timeline for fulfillment.

Probably safe to say that till now near enough all units shipped have been IGG coupon orders. So think if this weeks shipment as being the 1st 10th...  Any which way, it's still guessing, & really not worth bothering about! All that really counts from now on is either accepting the unknown length of wait for a tracking number .. or get a refund. That's it.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tim6263 said:

Probably safe to say that till now near enough all units shipped have been IGG coupon orders. So think if this weeks shipment as being the 1st 10th...  Any which way, it's still guessing, & really not worth bothering about! All that really counts from now on is either accepting the unknown length of wait for a tracking number .. or get a refund. That's it.

It seems there are some orders with IGG coupon (including me) which still has no stock assignment mails.
...I hope the following (third) batch will cover them all and finally all pre-orders will have their phone soon.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Michigan, where we get more snowfall at certain times of year than antarctica......but I digress. 😮

Oh my!  My only question would be why? 😀 ROFLMAO

32 minutes ago, silversolver said:

There is an important detail missing here. One other person asked about it, but apparently no one but me noticed. Current production output will cover 10-20% of the preorders every week, so 5-10 weeks for complete fulfillment......except that SOME preorders have already been filled. How many of the preorders have yet to be filled? Without this info we still have a missing link in our educated guess at the timeline for fulfillment.

Oh I noticed too, but didn't bother asking as I know we'll never get the necessary info.  Furthermore, I was just very happy to get some concrete details! 🙂  Also, the fact that they replied that could be the worst case scenario tells me they haven't fulfilled many preorders.

22 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Well, it snows too much here LOL.

YES IT DOES! 😀

Edited by Polaris
12 hours ago, _DW_ said:

So it will take between 5 and 10 weeks to complete all the pre orders then I guess.

12 hours ago, Erik said:

If we are pessimistic, yes. We've had 2 batches shipped already, and the 3rd one is on the way.

I don't know why everyone is talking about before or soon after xmas.

10 weeks mean we are looking at March 2020. and only then to find in march what is the next date

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, kashif said:

I don't know why everyone is talking about before or soon after xmas.

10 weeks mean we are looking at March 2020. and only then to find in march what is the next date

Well, if the third batch is shipping this week, there are only 7 weeks and that's the third week in January,

Sure, more things can happen, but Eric is hoping not, as are we all.  I think the thing that is more important than how many weeks is simply that they continue to ship weekly batches and show regular progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hook said:

Well, if the third batch is shipping this week, there are only 7 weeks and that's the third week in January,

Sure, more things can happen, but Eric is hoping not, as are we all.  I think the thing that is more important than how many weeks is simply that they continue to ship weekly batches and show regular progress.

Well I agree on that, that it should keep going.

Hope your right on the timeline

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Tim6263 said:

Get a refund is not an option. I may order a second one, depending on the size of my Christmas bonus this year. I desperately wish to own this device, and for F(x)tec to succeed, and people buying units is how that occurs.

EDIT: I also recently learned that my Droid 4 will work for another year, so all is well for now!

Edited by silversolver
Droid!!!!
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, silversolver said:

EDIT: I also recently learned that my Droid 4 will work for another year, so all is well for now!

Lucky you.. My E7 started to turn off and on again and again.. Without pushing the switch button 😞 Have to open it - seems like a failure of that button. Probably the soul of the phone feels something is gonna happen 😄

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Erik said:

Still wondering what Erik meant here, if anyone has any idea, please let me know. I do not mean to put pressure on F(x)tec by asking, I am genuinely trying to understand what is the queue he mentioned, since the question was about EU people who already received the e-mail about stock assignment. This is not a hidden complaint.

I fully understand how the second batch could have been shipped to APAC/CA customers already and not to EU customers yet since the corresponding units left China roughly at the same time but may arrive in the regional warehouses at different times, but I am a bit puzzled about any queue among people whose Pro¹ has already left the factory.

Edited by matf
27 minutes ago, Swond said:

Lucky you.. My E7 started to turn off and on again and again.. Without pushing the switch button 😞 Have to open it - seems like a failure of that button. Probably the soul of the phone feels something is gonna happen 😄

In the Droid 4 the button switches were one module which could be exchanged quite easily. However I would be surprised if it really was a hardware problem...

22 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

In the Droid 4 the button switches were one module which could be exchanged quite easily. However I would be surprised if it really was a hardware problem...

E7 has everything on one PCB. Unlucky me. But this time it is not a charging problem, as it was very obvious. Well the phone works normally when it works, but then i can spot how the content after short power-button occurs, sometimes several times and then the phone turns of like when you push it long. In this case I am convinced it is a HW problem.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, A Dude said:

Why on earth did you flash Windows to that poor little device?! SO cruel!!

Well I did not! OMG!!!! it made the in stalation on its own!!!! 😄 😄 😄 😄 Poor Symbian 😞 Selfmurdering by WIN problems 😄

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Hook said:

Slight flaw in this theory: Erik stated that from now on batches will contain 10..20% of pre-orders. No statement was made about the first two batches (where the first was agreed here  to be ~120 devices).

All we know for certain is 120+ devices were delivered and less than 45'000 devices were ordered. Anything in between is guesswork.

This sets us at:

Batch 1+2 made at worst 121 devices for 45k orders -> 0.3% of all pre-orders.
(sure - batch 2 might have been bigger than only ONE device 😉 - but that's the guaranteed minimum)

So worst case: still 10 weeks until all are shipped.

with following assumptions: batch 2 contained 10% of pre-orders as batch 3 with guesstimated 20k devices ordered:

This would put batch 2 at 2k devices, making batch 1 kinda irrelevant, therefore still 5..9 weeks to go.

So cutting something off from the "5-10 weeks to go" is wishful thinking, but not mathematically sound.

I hope, they can get everything done until end of January! Good luck to all! 🙂

Edited by A Dude
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1