On the pre-production status

11 minutes ago, sequestris said:

No LTE at all. I'm in the burbs here, but tons of towers and all of our other phones (Nexus 5, ZTE Max Pro, Samsung 4S, LG G4, and an anceint flip phone) all get GTE. It's not the area; it's the phone 😞

This will be a deal breaker for me if there is something about the phone that makes it not work on T-Mobile where I'm located.  It would be great if you could run LTE Discovery (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&hl=en_US) and see which bands it is getting (or isn't getting), vs your other phones, and whether that changes being inside vs outside.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

5 hours ago, sequestris said:

No LTE at all. I'm in the burbs here, but tons of towers and all of our other phones (Nexus 5, ZTE Max Pro, Samsung 4S, LG G4, and an anceint flip phone) all get GTE. It's not the area; it's the phone 😞

Try goto

Setting, Network & Internet, Mobile Network, Advanced, Preferred Network Type

Scroll and select the one best fitted for your network.

Preferred_network_type_Pro1.png

3 minutes ago, david said:

This will be a deal breaker for me if there is something about the phone that makes it not work on T-Mobile where I'm located.  It would be great if you could run LTE Discovery (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&hl=en_US) and see which bands it is getting (or isn't getting), vs your other phones, and whether that changes being inside vs outside.

This was inside, outside, in a store, by my house, sitting by a window...
If a flip phone that isn't even smart can get LTE...

58 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Try goto

Setting, Network & Internet, Mobile Network, Advanced, Preferred Network Type

Scroll and select the one best fitted for your network.

I don't have a phone handy to test if this is in the same screen as what @EskeRahn has pointed to, but picking (or adding) the right APN may be needed for T-Mobile to work properly.  Here is the info on it though:  https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090

And regarding wifi calling, this looks like a possible solution. I've never used it.  I've only used other apps that they've mentioned (WhatsApp, Viber, etc.) where you need the other person to have the same app, or you have to pay for calls to regular phone numbers.  But this solution appears to offer calling to regular numbers for free, yet over wifi.  I guess the only downside is in it being a different number than your normal number.

https://www.talkatone.com/free-wifi-calling-app/android/

Google Voice has a similar option, where you can set it to prefer mobile data/wifi instead of regular cellular for the connection.  That might offer better integration with your normal cell number than talkatone (regarding forwarding calls/texts/voicemails between them).  I don't know.

What I love about Google Voice is that it integrates with gmail, so texts to the GV number show up in gmail as emails and you can reply to them in gmail.  This allows you to easily text from a computer instead of having to type on the phone (really beneficial for phones without physical keyboards, but also faster than typing on a physical keyboard phone).

Edited by david
9 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

@Erik did the 3rd batch arrive in the warehouse?

People should receive stock assigned emails today, then right? Did anybody already get theirs?

Nothing yet but I hope I made it into the 3rd batch since they said there will be a lot more QWERTZ devices this time.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, matf said:

For Europe, that would be surprising since the second batch was still not there yesterday.

I believe that dreamflasher was meaning Hong Kong logistics hub. Erik said last week that people in 3rd batch should receive stock assignment mails early this week when the phones are at the warehouse in Hong Kong. Phones were in transit last week. I believe that we get mails soon 😉.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

@Erik did the 3rd batch arrive in the warehouse?

People should receive stock assigned emails today, then right? Did anybody already get theirs?

F(x)tec Costumer service told me yesterday (10.12.19) that 3rd batch stock assigned emails  will be send in 5-7 days (15-17.12.2019)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
16 minutes ago, Mazilator said:

F(x)tec Costumer service told me yesterday (10.12.19) that 3rd batch stock assigned emails  will be send in 5-7 days (15-17.12.2019)

They told me early next week. A week ago. So things don't add up :(.

21 minutes ago, Mazilator said:

I guess asking for spontaneous updates when delays happen does not help. Let's do this instead.

Dear F(x)tec, please never inform us of delays when they occur. We greatly appreciate being left in the dark until someone starts a rumor about a potential delay and we don't get confirmation for days, after which it is all like the new ETA was what was announced all along.

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
20 hours ago, vasilii.rasskazov said:

I'm IGG backer, track number 160XX, but still get nothing.  Early they not send me IGG voucher code until I wrote about this on the forum.

At now I see not IGG backers with "stock assigned". Well, gracias, good job.

And I not to mention about "delays"....

My order number is 54xx and still waiting.

Edited by 3zet
13 hours ago, Craig said:

Mine arrived.  Made a video opening and booting it.  Not very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDnrt8pJQ0

Thank you! 🙂

I hope you are having fun with the new handset. I am sure your shift keys and shortcuts will be making sense soon! Also LOVE the first song! Lol. You got me super excited for mine now! 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mazilator said:

Yes Erik had mentioned in his latest update that the stock assignment for the 3rd batch would happen early this week (so at the latest today).

It seems to me that it is time for another update by Erik or fx tec officials to explain this latest change of schedule.

4 minutes ago, cmar said:

Yes Erik had mentioned in his latest update that the stock assignment for the 3rd batch would happen early this week (so at the latest today).

It seems to me that it is time for another update by Erik or fx tec officials to explain this latest change of schedule.

I believe that it is just a small delay this time. It happens. People should soon receive tracking numbers from 2nd batch ja stock assignment mails from 3rd batch. 

12 minutes ago, cmar said:

6 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

I believe that it is just a small delay this time. It happens. People should soon receive tracking numbers from 2nd batch ja stock assignment mails from 3rd batch. 

As far as I know it's on the move, we just haven't sent the stock assignment emails yet. I am checking with Liangchen who is China right now to see if there's a change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
3 minutes ago, cmar said:

Yes, the deadline of "early next week" has been elapsed as currently it is the middle of this week.
I hope we will have some updates soon.

1 minute ago, Erik said:

As far as I know it's on the move, we just haven't sent the stock assignment emails yet. I am checking with Liangchen who is China right now to see if there's a change.

Thank you this information.
I hope you will have more information about it soon.