On the pre-production status

3 minutes ago, cmar said:

FlyingAntero, you seem to always some more info. Can you answer this one? Has the 3rd batch left at all the factory?

We don't have any official information but the 3rd batch should be on its way already. Probably somewhere between factory and logistic hub in Hong Kong.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

So, I canceled my order now...

#57XX, paid directly at 31 of July.

Get no message about the order at all.

Make no sense to wait for it, when I can buy it directly from an Online-Shop (dragonbox.de) where it is available NOW.

Edit: Just to get an info about fxtec's deals...

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/module/ybc_blog/blog?id_post=7

The demand is expected to be high - but we made a special deal with the manufacturer and are happy that we can almost guarantee a delivery before christmas (unless a delivery service messes things up or similar).

You need to be fast though - as christmas is close, the deadline is Thursday 14th.
You can still preorder it later, but the later the order, the less likely is a christmas delivery (you should receive it shortly after though).

or in german (https://www.dragonbox.de/index.php?fc=module&module=ybc_blog&controller=blog&id_lang=4&id_post=7) :

Die Nachfrage wird daher recht hoch sein - aber wir haben mit dem Hersteller einen Deal ausgehandelt: Wenn mindestens 20 bis zum 14.11. vorbestellen, werden wir noch vor Weihnachten eine erste Lieferung erhalten!

Je eher Ihr also vorbestellt, desto eher erhaltet Ihr es - und das kurz vor Weihnachten.

Ansonsten wird es Anfang 2020 ausgeliefert werden.

The deal was: If they ordered at least 20 phones before 14.11. , Fxtec guarantee a shipping before 14.11 christmas.

Seems to take a bit longer, but the shop get the phones before christmas... there you can order it now. At least 13 in stock...

Edited by Thunderhaake
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
23 minutes ago, Thunderhaake said:

The deal was: If they ordered at least 20 phones, Fxtec guarantee a shipping before 14.11.

Seems to take a bit longer, but the shop get the phones before christmas... there you can order it now. At least 13 in stock...

It was written that if you pre-order from DragonBox before 14th of November you should be able to receive phone before Xmas. They never said that they would ship before 14th of November.

You can preorder it now - and (according to the manufacturer), if you're really quick (until November 14th) you should most probably receive it before christmas! Otherwise, it will be delivered early next year.

It is possible that these retailers were IGG backers also since there was an option to select "Retailer Bulk Order" during Moto Mod campaign. It included 10 pcs so maybe they got 10 IGG coupons also. I believe that those retailers were on same boat with us but got prioritized over most of "normal" pre-orders.

Edited by FlyingAntero
3 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

...My phone is currently somewhere in the 8th sphere of parcel hell (thanks ups).

I in fact did not contact the support at all.

Same here - the package is in transit from UK to PL, currently waiting since 11h in some hub in DE. Guess the 24€ paid for the delivery was the cheapest option there is...

Despite their announcements, I'm not an IGG backer, standard QWERTY, paid after 10 days from receiving the payment mail, order number 12xxx... dunno what else can matter here. Not contacted the support even once, I was expecting to be in batch 3 at best, but got surprised. Feeling a bit unfair, but I'm not going to be sorry for them to do that mistake, I'm letting the community do its job.

This is a perfect example how not to treat the customers.

• Like 1

Problem for IGG-Backers: if we cancel our order to buy the phone via retailer, we get back our paid money, but loose the IGG-money, because the coupon expires.

So maybe the backers are less likely to cancel their orders than "normal"-preorder-customer.

Clove.co.uk got their phones yesterday. They had only 4 phones left now but I bought one, probably they have even less now. I will gladly cancel my pre-order from fxtec when I get it. I don't care that it costs 15% more than pre-order from Fxtec directly and that I will have to buy UK to EU converter for charger, at least I will be sure that I will get the phone instead of waiting for who knows how many months and also I don't need to be afraid that Fxtec could suddenly stop production if they go bankrupt, making all that wait and stress using barely usable phone now worthless.

I only wonder if they bought it from Fxtec as a normal consumer or if they had an agreement. The contract with DragonBox is a pure absurd showing complete dishonesty of Fxtec, no shop should get a phone to sell until general availability. I don't know what Fxtec is thinking. Of course I don't blame DragonBox for that, I can be even thankful that they sell phones because they give possibility to some people to actually get their phones, it's a problem with Fxtec, if they were fair they wouldn't sell any phones to shops.

52 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

Same here - the package is in transit from UK to PL, currently waiting since 11h in some hub in DE. Guess the 24€ paid for the delivery was the cheapest option there is...

Despite their announcements, I'm not an IGG backer, standard QWERTY, paid after 10 days from receiving the payment mail, order number 12xxx... dunno what else can matter here. Not contacted the support even once, I was expecting to be in batch 3 at best, but got surprised. Feeling a bit unfair, but I'm not going to be sorry for them to do that mistake, I'm letting the community do its job.

This is a perfect example how not to treat the customers.

Looking at what is happening it seems that there's a complete mess. Some people with early payments or IGG coupons did not get their phones but people without IGG coupons get them. I don't know what's difficult in creating some simple SELECT statements in database, unless their database is also a mess. You are lucky and I agree with you not feeling sorry for Fxtec for that mistake. For me even if there is a possibility that my order suddenly could went up in the queue somehow, I do now want to play a lottery with it so I bought it from a retailer.

Just a question, what company is delivering it to you?

Edited by Gon009
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

There is no need to buy a converter since all models include a power supply with US, European and UK plugs, so they can be used internationally.

Hmm, I remember there was an option to choose the plug type when I was pre-ordering or maybe it's just me, I don't know. Anyway, thanks for letting me know this.

1 hour ago, A Dude said:

I think it is about time, FxTec does another update on current status!

What do you mean? They gave us an update barely two days ago! :classic_tongue:

6 minutes ago, ps555 said:

@kashif: any sign of delivery before? Stock-Mail? Tracking-Mail? UPS-Mail? Or complete surprise?

And: have fun with the phone 🙂

Most likely, he's kidding.

10 minutes ago, kashif said:

hmm, you think so?

Unless you are prepared to claim responsibility for the mysterious disappearance of both the third and fourth batches, which both appear to be MIA, I'd say so. From the reactions, though, I guess it's not that obvious.

26 minutes ago, kashif said:

Hey Guys, Finally i got my Pro1 today!!!!!!

Cool...have fun and enjoy.

So we have here in the Forum one single Phone delivered. This Phones must be the best quality in this fu***ing  world.

Handcrafted and this piece by piece. I hope the Snapdragon ARM change from 2020 production Line to 865. My Father is 82 years and his Phone has 835, too 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Edited by PanicBrothers
stupid
  • Confused 1

I ordered from Clove. Once I have a tracking number that says more than 'processing your order' I will be cancelling my pre-order. Anyone know if the UK version (QWERTY) needs any special care and attention like a cup of tea in the afternoons or something? I figure that besides a wonky plug-in compared to USA NEMA5 plugs, it is the same phone as all other QWERTY right?

I don't care that I'm losing headphones and a phone sheath. I'm paying $100 more for the confidence that this phone will actually arrive.

19 minutes ago, kashif said:

Here it is

20191218_205719.jpg

I really thought you were kidding, but apparently not. Consider me utterly confused. :classic_blink:

Delivery without tracking number? That could go seriously wrong in my case: they tend to put the delivery notice at a place were it's very likely to get lost.

3 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Delivery without tracking number? That could go seriously wrong in my case: they tend to put the delivery notice at a place were it's very likely to get lost.

No Fx did not send me any yet, they are not going to be that efficient.

I bout it from a seller

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1