On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Just now, Ilrilan said:

Have ordered from Clove too, with help of re-sender agent from UK.

Hey there...do I need to get ahold of one of these fancy re-senders? It seemed like I could just order it directly from their site and have it shipped to my home (USA-based) but if that is not the case I want to correct that ASAP.

Just now, Ilrilan said:

I first try to order directly from their site, but i see only "Sorry, we can't ship to your address". OK, if you can't - there are some resellers who can

Thanks. I did not encounter that so hopefully we haven't ordered a back-ordered item and they will arrive soon-ish. I will say, if my pre-order somehow manages to arrive before its stock assignment or tracking number (wouldn't put much past Fxtec at this low, low point of realizing stores got stock before even the IGG pre-orderers of whom I am not), it can go on eBay for the craziest bidding war this side of EskeRahn's house.

10 minutes ago, Maplesteel said:

wouldn't put much past Fxtec at this low, low point of realizing stores got stock before even the IGG pre-orderers of whom I am not

To be fair, it is possible that these retailers were IGG backers also. There was a possibility to select retailers bundle during Moto Mod campaing.

• Thanks 2

Clove is out of stock: "OUT OF STOCK - next Due in January".

10 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Really now? People getting phones from other sellers? What was the point of pre-ordering....

I also think that what is happening is an absurd. Not only this, it's already known that shipping order is also a mess. Normally I would wait for my order instead of doing something like this but I lost every bit of trust in Fxtec a long time ago. Now January, next February, them March etc. I had enough of this.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, PanicBrothers said:

I just found a Shop with QWERTZ Pro1 in Stock.

I cancel now my pre-Order at fx-tec.

Aannnnd.. Its a scam 😉

Okay, hopefully not.

But seriously though..  Cancel only if your phone from that reseller arrives and not before that. It would be sad if it is all fake...

(And if you cancel, I will gladly take your place in the queue 😉 )

8 minutes ago, Shilor said:

Aannnnd.. Its a scam 😉

Okay, hopefully not.

But seriously though..  Cancel only if your phone from that reseller arrives and not before that. It would be sad if it is all fake...

(And if you cancel, I will gladly take your place in the queue 😉 )

I'm just in the online chat with the Seller...it will be shipped today.

8 Phones in Stock (QWERTZ)

It is possible that the reseller are shipped direct from factory and not over warehouse...so they have it for the X-mas business.

Edited by PanicBrothers
again stupid
14 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

Clove is out of stock: "OUT OF STOCK - next Due in January".

I also think that what is happening is an absurd. Not only this, it's already known that shipping order is also a mess. Normally I would wait for my order instead of doing something like this but I lost every bit of trust in Fxtec a long time ago. Now January, next February, them March etc. I had enough of this.

is it not fun to try to guess batch size? batch nr? when they leave the factory? to decript enigma? mixed message between erik and official update?

Since I requested cancelation I can finaly write here what I really think. What everyone who has been cheated at least once in their life learns is, that there actually is a logical reason to persistently and deliberately miscomunicate. That reason is when the truth is so bad that any miscomunication, no matter how bad, is still better then the truth. Although I had my opinion on fxtec because of this knowledge I have not canceled my order as I have considered it a risky investment - high risk, high reward. However I find latest development as a final stage of this endeavor. Again, it seems illogical to betray fxtec's pre-order supporters and everybody's asking "are they deliberatly evil?" And again this behavior may have completely rational explanation, it's just that it's a very bad one. They are out of money but they still have some phones. They may try to sell those phones to earn some more money to keep going for a bit longer and hope for the best. However as soon as this becomes obvious the only thing that's left is a "bank run". I have canceled, but I fear it's too late since many of you have done the same.

It was an honor with you for the last three months, thanks for keeping up this topic and my hope for a physical keyboard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

This was from the latest I got from FXTec Support:

This, however, shouldn't let you down as you still have an early pre-order which is expected to ship with our initial few batches - you are going to be amongst the first to receive their device, weeks in advance before general availability.

I suppose I should now feel let down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember also that the Pro¹ is not crowdfunded (I know some will say it is almost the same due to the delays since payments, but well, it still is not a crowdfunded project), meaning F(x)tec had investors. I am not saying those investors included retailers, but that' is a possibility, especially as Clove seems to be UK-based. Or they could just be pre-orderers or IGG backers too. In both cases, it wouldn't be shocking that they get devices at the same time as pre-orderers.

What increases the feeling of being fooled is the slow production followed by long export process. I don't think anyone would have seen a big issue if individual preorders had been fulfilled in a few weeks as initially planned (meaning many more units per week, and shorter duration between those in one batch, those in another one, and retailers). There still is no general availability, those retailers had very limited stocks, so we can't really jump conclusions that F(x)tec skipped pre-orderers to please stockists.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Jon said:

Be prepared to wait. I sent them refund request on Sunday and they have not replied back anything yet.

Did you at least get a confirmation number that they received your message? Give them a little time. I emailed them on a Friday and they got back to me Monday.

Just now, npatel1050 said:

Did you at least get a confirmation number that they received your message? Give them a little time. I emailed them on a Friday and they got back to me Monday.

Yep, I got message saying: "Your request (236x) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff".