On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

All this talk about the later pre-orders not getting headphones reminds me even early preorders haven't gotten headphones, and we haven't heard anything from fxtec about em in a long time.  As far as I recall noticing, only two people have reported receiving them, one guy from japan on twitter got them with his device, and mosen reported here on the forum got them sometime after his device.   I'm not too concerned personally, but curious..... obviously more important for ppl to get there phones, but an update mentioning the headphones from fxtec might be nice...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
29 minutes ago, Craig said:

All this talk about the later pre-orders not getting headphones reminds me even early preorders haven't gotten headphones, and we haven't heard anything from fxtec about em in a long time.  As far as I recall noticing, only two people have reported receiving them, one guy from japan on twitter got them with his device, and mosen reported here on the forum got them sometime after his device.   I'm not too concerned personally, but curious..... obviously more important for ppl to get there phones, but an update mentioning the headphones from fxtec might be nice...

Uh I thought 'all' the first batch got them. I got a mail a few days after I got the Retail Unit, saying that they would be sent shortly, and that I should expect them at my door within about a week. (But I declined them)

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Uh I thought 'all' the first batch got them. I got a mail a few days after I got the Retail Unit, saying that they would be sent shortly, and that I should expect them at my door within about a week. (But I declined them)

Maybe they sent yours to mosen 🙂

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, jvbonline said:

Ordered October 6 2019. Have not recieved a tracking number or Stock assigned message. Thinking of canceling. No one really knows anything, just conjecture.

Well it is quite safe to say that NOTHING is going to happen before the factory starts operating, and (the same for any supplier of anything not already stocked).

And it is anyone's guess when the virus-situation is going to allow for that.

And with much much bigger players pushing, We should be lucky if the first thing they start on is the Pro1s or any need component.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jvbonline said:

No one really knows anything, just conjecture.

Unfortunately, not speaking about F(x)tec, the same case applies to Chinese manufacturers... basically nobody knows what is going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In The Neherlands one of the larger retailers has stopped advertising and increased prices. So, I think it's safe to say that if this continues any longer you won't even be able to get an Iphone 😅.

Trust me, I feel your pain. My family members are also still awaiting their phones. A Priv with a cracked screen, an S6+ over 4 years old and an...
my point being, shit happens. My family has seen and held/felt a Pro1 (mine) and are still anxiously awaiting theirs 😉. So, think before you act 🙄.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Well it is quite safe to say that NOTHING is going to happen before the factory starts operating, and (the same for any supplier of anything not already stocked).

And it is anyone's guess when the virus-situation is going to allow for that.

And with much much bigger players pushing, We should be lucky if the first thing they start on is the Pro1s or any need component.

I recently contacted support because I hadn't recieved the update mails and they wrote that part of the staff is already at the factory again. There might still be problems with recieving components from suppliers and obviously they cannot produce at full output, but at least it seems like something is going further a bit :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
19 hours ago, jvbonline said:

Ordered October 6 2019. Have not recieved a tracking number or Stock assigned message. Thinking of canceling. No one really knows anything, just conjecture.

Ordered September 20, no tracking number, no stock assigned. Didn't think of canceling. Waiting for production to restart.

• Like 5

Cancelling won't increase production speed.

If you don't want or need a Pro1, feel free to cancel. If you do, try to be patient and remembet that you will be one of the first ones to receive the phone when production and shipping starts. Cancelling will cost you at least one to two months more if you change your mind afterwards.

My phone is breaking apart since months. Battery lasts a few hours (and is difficult to access), and the screen is unusable when it's cold, warm or somewhere in between. And it was already slow when I bought it.

But we can't change the situation in China anyways. All we can do is wait - the same thing applies to the FxTec team.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
16 minutes ago, Craig said:

It only works in the fires of hell.

Or at absolute zero!

I do feel your pain, however, @SchattengestaIt.  My Relay 4Gs (many of them) would get to that state with the ribbon cable for the screen, and I'd have to heat them up or cool them down, depending on how they were feeling at the time. 

Due to the delay in getting the Pro1, and because I had exhausted my supply of spare Relay 4Gs, I finally had to acquire some ribbon cables (they are almost impossible to find now) and replace them in a couple of the phones so that I had something to get me by until my Pro1 arrived. 

I'm ashamed to say that did use a Pixel 1, non-physical keyboard phone for a handful of days, while waiting for the cables to arrive and to find time to do the surgery.  But that was only using it as a client to the wifi hospot in my Relay 4G (which was working enough, barely, to get the hotspot turned on).  So I was without sms texts and phone calls, but could do email and instant messaging and navigation and web browsing on the Pixel 1.

That was the only time I had truly used a slab phone since I started using smart phones back in 2007.

Edited by david
  • Like 2
On 2/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, Craig said:

All this talk about the later pre-orders not getting headphones reminds me even early preorders haven't gotten headphones, and we haven't heard anything from fxtec about em in a long time. 

Yeah I am still waiting for mine as well 😞

On 2/24/2020 at 6:31 PM, EskeRahn said:

The pre-order website originally stated "All pre-orders will receive a free pair of Limited Edition F(x)tec earphones & F(x)tec Pro1 case" - no mention of cut-off date at all.  I definitely pre-ordered (in August 2019) so I will be expecting these.  It was one of the reasons I pre-ordered rather than waiting for the full order.

Even on the forum one of the founders stated that all pre-orders would get them

Once again - communication not proving to be a strong point!  But we will see what happens.

42 minutes ago, stavers said:

The pre-order website originally stated "All pre-orders will receive a free pair of Limited Edition F(x)tec earphones & F(x)tec Pro1 case" - no mention of cut-off date at all.  I definitely pre-ordered (in August 2019) so I will be expecting these.  It was one of the reasons I pre-ordered rather than waiting for the full order.

Even on the forum one of the founders stated that all pre-orders would get them

Once again - communication not proving to be a strong point!  But we will see what happens.

What I meant was: " Uh I thought 'all' the first batch already got them "

We know that they have a cut-off in the the last part of June. See the earlier comments on the last half of June.

My biggest concern is that fxtec goes bankrupt because of corona. 😞

They can't produce and therefore sell phones and earn money right now.

Who knows when the factory is able to start producing again...

And no, it is not because of money, I just want my pro1..

And I hate my dying Priv every day a little more..😫

( sry for the last part, I just had to vent 😌

Btw. I preordered on May 17th, paid on Aug 13th and received an "order received" mail on Aug 20th. QwertZ)

Edited by Shilor
  • Like 1
On 2/25/2020 at 11:59 PM, david said:

Depends on if the phone is from Minnesota or California. 😉

What if It is in California now but grew up in Alaska, having experienced temperatures closer to absolute zero than those in Minnesota ever will?

• Haha 1