On the pre-production status

36 minutes ago, akinwale said:

Has anyone who got stock assigned received tracking numbers today?

My US QWERTY order #19xxx paid on August 4th. Got a stock assigned email on Jan 20th, but I haven't received a tracking number yet, and my order status is still processing.

Well that's awesome.  I paid before you in the US and haven't received a stock assignment.  

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, npatel1050 said:

What percentage of pre orders are left and what's the "estimate" for general availability?

Latest we've been told is that 70% of all pre-orders are in this batch, so 30% left. And that the rest of the pre-orders will follow shortly after the Chinese holidays in February.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

Latest we've been told is that 70% of all pre-orders are in this batch, so 30% left. And that the rest of the pre-orders will follow shortly after the Chinese holidays in February.

These pourcentage doesn t mean anything.

If only they could speak with Unit numbers build and Shipped, things would be clearer.

We have yet to understand what they really call pre order ?

Looking at the board, order numbers should be around 45000.

fxtec would have build & shipped around 30 000 units by the end of January.

I think we are really far from that count, if 10 000 units will be shippedby EOM, it s already a miracle considering all their production and shipping issues...

Edited by Akun
9 minutes ago, Akun said:

Sure I agree with that, but it's what they asked. I think the current estimations are that there are a couple of thousand orders. So with that you can get some more numbers if you'd like, but it's not like they'd be accurate.

• Like 1

An estimated date would be nice to know indeed. 

What bugs me the most: There is no point ordering a phone right now. I would love to support fxtec and order a phone right away, but the price policy keeps me away.
Either you have the phone in stock and can sell it for the full price, 
or it is still unknow if and when the phone will be in stock and reliably shipped. 

I am willing to spend a few hundred Euro for a phone, but having to wait for an unknow period of time, just like a pre-order customer, while having to pay the full price, just like someone in the future who will receive the phone within a few days, seems like a bad deal right now. 

If the product ist still not available, and you make your customers wait while blasting every single deadline, you should at least treat every order these days as a pre-order, because that's what they basically still are. 

Just my two cents.

/rant over

• Like 1

They said on Twitter that the 4-6 weeks listed on the website is accurate now, although it's been like that for months.

No doubt they are getting there, but even with a majority of the orders filled, they still remain obscure about details

I said I would order when general availability comes, but I think I'll be waiting longer still. Not placing an order until phones during general availability are verified delivered in a timely manner.

Edited by npatel1050
16 minutes ago, AeroSol said:

An estimated date would be nice to know indeed. 

What bugs me the most: There is no point ordering a phone right now. I would love to support fxtec and order a phone right away, but the price policy keeps me away.
Either you have the phone in stock and can sell it for the full price, 
or it is still unknow if and when the phone will be in stock and reliably shipped. 

I am willing to spend a few hundred Euro for a phone, but having to wait for an unknow period of time, just like a pre-order customer, while having to pay the full price, just like someone in the future who will receive the phone within a few days, seems like a bad deal right now. 

If the product ist still not available, and you make your customers wait while blasting every single deadline, you should at least treat every order these days as a pre-order, because that's what they basically still are. 

Just my two cents.

/rant over

Well they have said previously that all orders until general availability are considered pre-orders.

But I agree, the benefit of ordering today versus when they announce general availability (I would guess in about a month), is limited to if the demand is larger than what they expects and have ordered so they run out of stock, and you will have to wait for the next batch over.

They might even be so pessimistic, that they don't really order (much) more than there are orders for in their pipeline.

8 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well they have said previously that all orders until general availability are considered pre-orders.

Except when it comes to the earbuds.  I ordered my phone when the site still said ALL pre-orders come with case and earbuds and then they took it down and decided to not honor that and put a date on the earbuds that was a week earlier than I ordered.  Still salty about that and still waiting for the phone anyway even though the goal post keeps moving. I do want the phone but it's little things that make this experience less than pleasant.

9 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Except when it comes to the earbuds.  I ordered my phone when the site still said ALL pre-orders come with case and earbuds and then they took it down and decided to not honor that and put a date on the earbuds that was a week earlier than I ordered.  Still salty about that and still waiting for the phone anyway even though the goal post keeps moving. I do want the phone but it's little things that make this experience less than pleasant.

Yes they set a limit on that initial offered bonus gift. Just as they they changed the early bird price, and changed the mentioned bonus case to a sleeve.

But they still consider all of them pre-orders AFAIK.

3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes they set a limit on that initial offered bonus gift. Just as they they changed the early bird price, and changed the mentioned bonus case to a sleeve.

But they still consider all of them pre-orders AFAIK.

Yes but they changed the site AFTER I ordered.  I also ordered on the early bird price.  It would be different if the site was already changed the day I ordered but it wasn't.  Very unprofessional.

Edit:. If they wanted to put a date on it they should have picked the date they changed the site and grandfathered orders taken already in there. 

Edited by Siani_8
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Yes but they changed the site AFTER I ordered.  I also ordered on the early bird price.  It would be different if the site was already changed the day I ordered but it wasn't.  Very unprofessional.

If your order says that the headset is included, I would say you got a good case demanding it, no matter what the home page said.

But indeed if things are not changed synchronously it would be nice to courteously allow the customer the benefit of the doubt.

The normal thing to do would be to warn beforehand when an offer that was initiated without a specified fixed date is about to expire.

23 hours ago, Raksura said:

Am I correct in assuming that since you already sold your previous Pro1, this is about a Pro1 you actually ordered and thus paid for in December 2019? o_0

Can I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it's my birthday and I don't want people mad at me? 🤐

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Akun said:

If only they could speak with Unit numbers build and Shipped, things would be clearer.

We have yet to understand what they really call pre order ?

Looking at the board, order numbers should be around 45000.

fxtec would have build & shipped around 30 000 units by the end of January.

I think we are really far from that count, if 10 000 units will be shippedby EOM, it s already a miracle considering all their production and shipping issues...

There is no chance there are 45k actual units ordered, same goes for 10k units produced -no chance.  The number of actual units ordered is closer to (less than) two thousand.

55 minutes ago, Polaris said:

There is no chance there are 45k actual units ordered, same goes for 10k units produced -no chance.  The number of actual units ordered is closer to (less than) two thousand.

Well given that the highest number reported in the hand of a user was 225, when we know that only about 10% were produced, I would guess you are not far off, though pessimistic, depending on whether larger numbers in the 10% exist but did not report. (We know that 275 is in the new batch, so less than that)

And of course how sharp the number 10% we deduced actually is (as 70%/(1+6) where the 6 does not have to be 6.00 but could be anything between 5.5 and 6.5. And the 70% could be rough too, so the "10" could be roughly anything between 9 and 13,

So summing up anywhere between 225/.13 and 274/.09 that is in an interval about 1750 to 3000.

1 minute ago, Combat Wombat said:

I got an email saying I had stock assigned, then an email saying my order was complete but never received an email with the tracking number. I had to email their support and they gave me my number. Just in case anyone has the same issue.

The order complete one had a tracking number for me. You should also be able to find it on the website.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Combat Wombat said:

Good for you?

What i was trying to convey is maybe it's in there but not clear or somehow hidden by email client, or maybe they changed the emails.

Edit: looked up the mail, not subtle at all so I guess something went wrong:
image.png.e1e430fb5431f34854ecb6ad54dea1de.png

Edited by netman
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, netman said:

What i was trying to convey is maybe it's in there but not clear or somehow hidden by email client, or maybe they changed the emails.

Edit: looked up the mail, not subtle at all so I guess something went wrong:

My order complete email didn't look like @netman's email either.  No tracking number in mine.  I did get a FedEx email with a tracking number, before even getting the fxtec email.  That may have been due to telling FedEx in the past to notify me of such things.

On a related note, my tracking status shows that it is now at LANTAU ISLAND, HK.

I ordered in July and paid at the beginning of August but I have not received a stock assigned email and the order status still says processing on my account. Now I see that another US-based customer who paid September got their stock assigned email? This makes NO SENSE. I should be in the 70% of preorders. What the heck!

• Sad 1

Did you order QWERTZ or QWERTY?

Havent heard anything about my QWERTZ order 97xx from mid March, available on Aug 1st 06:38 CET, paid Aug 1st 08:05 CET

Seems like barely enough QWERTZ phones were assembled to fulfill the IGG orders. When I heard about the 70% completion rate, I was almost sure to be in there. But I was wrong... again.

• Sad 3
2 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

Did you order QWERTZ or QWERTY?

Havent heard anything about my QWERTZ order 97xx from mid March, available on Aug 1st 06:38 CET, paid Aug 1st 08:05 CET

Seems like barely enough QWERTZ phones were assembled to fulfill the IGG orders. When I heard about the 70% completion rate, I was almost sure to be in there. But I was wrong... again.

I ordered QWERTY 🤔

I emailed support and waiting to hear back