On the pre-production status

48 minutes ago, galaxy said:

You are kidding, right? As an early IGG backer of the Keyboard MotoMod I am waiting _years_ for this company to deliver me something I can use in my day to day routine. A year is nothing 🙂

The OpenPandora story is usually a bit longer, with orders taken in 2008 and first, but far from all, delivered in 2010, most later. My Pyra pre-pre-order is nearing 4 years of age, but that was really set up on a "when it's done" basis as many of that community wanted to throw money at it as soon as possible. And even then, the payment for that was only half the price so far.
It's also getting there kind of. Funnily enough with an update video posted one day earlier than here.

My Pandora still works fine to this day. Even the battery is still in a decent condition. I hope the Pro1 will also be a long-lasting device.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, vlycop said:

I preordered in August, it was still written pre-order everywhere, and it was stated before that all pre-order went with both a case and headphones. Pre-order officially stop when you order, so at payments time.

The info on the pre-order bonuses were posted to their facebook page, and I thought they made it very clear that the promotion was only up to a certain date (I believe the promotion was even extended a bit past their cut-off date).

Unfortunately, that post seems to have vanished entirely, and I can't find a snapshot at archive.org. Until someone can back up or dispute me with evidence, you'll have to just take my word for it.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, SirBaconIII said:

The info on the pre-order bonuses were posted to their facebook page, and I thought they made it very clear that the promotion was only up to a certain date (I believe the promotion was even extended a bit past their cut-off date).

Unfortunately, that post seems to have vanished entirely, and I can't find a snapshot at archive.org. Until someone can back up or dispute me with evidence, you'll have to just take my word for it.

The case was mentioned in this thread by Liangchen Chen

On 3/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, Waxberry said:

First look of the protective case which is still WIP. This will be a free gift for users placed their pre-order.

3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

I don't remember seeing June 24 as a deadline though.  Wasn't really looking at their Facebook.  Not a big deal.  Just saying

To me it is. I don't have, and belive no-one in there right mind should keep, a Facebook profile.

I based my pre-order on the case argument on there officials website. A product that, aside from not beeing able to preview, is mandatory for me and not available for order.

I won't pay shipping twice in order to get a case for such a specific design, and i won't use the phone without one.

But at this point i won't even consider Fxtec "giving one out" to make me happy. If they don't provide a pic of the case who is actually shipping, and give it to every one who pre-order (ordered before the payement mail) i will cancel my order to.

This is kinda the last "communication mistake" i'm ready to take.

2 hours ago, vlycop said:

If they don't provide a pic of the case who is actually shipping, and give it to every one who pre-order (ordered before the payement mail) i will cancel my order to.

Can't edit my post, so EDIT : I send a support mail in that sense and will share the reply.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

I don't remember seeing June 24 as a deadline though.  Wasn't really looking at their Facebook.  Not a big deal.  Just saying

Ne neither..... Was looking forward to  🎧 with F(x) logo especially

12 hours ago, Erik said:

Any preorder placed before the 24th of June, regardless of payment date. For anyone else, our accessories will be on the store shortly after all preorders are shipped.

I think I placed an order 25th and it was then mentioned to be still valid (if I remember correctly, it was supposed to end within a week either 26th, 27th or 30th). Though I wasn't able to find a post that mentions a specific date that it ended. However Waxberry still mentioined about it within a week of my order.

And I scanned through Facebook and Twitter and there is not specific mention that this offer did expire at that time (i.e. no "This is the last day to order to get these nice bonuses").

3 hours ago, vlycop said:

Can't edit my post, so EDIT : I send a support mail in that sense and will share the reply.

i'll give you my accessoires if that would be the reason to keep your order. Let me know via pm how it works out for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
4 minutes ago, Joakim said:

I think I placed an order 25th and it was then mentioned to be still valid (if I remember correctly, it was supposed to end within a week either 26th, 27th or 30th). Though I wasn't able to find a post that mentions a specific date that it ended. However Waxberry still mentioined about it within a week of my order.

And I scanned through Facebook and Twitter and there is not specific mention that this offer did expire at that time (i.e. no "This is the last day to order to get these nice bonuses").

Happy to extend these for any order placed before the end of June upon request only. We're doing this based on the misinformation there might have been on Facebook. Please email [email protected] with your order ID. Please be aware that we are shipping the Pro1 first, and the accessories in a separate package shortly after. We have been too occupied with preventing another delay of the Pro1 :).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
3 minutes ago, Erik said:

placed before the end of June

the issue is that THIS was said, and relayed on the forum : "The final version of this case will be a gift for all pre-order users."

But if it ship later than the phone, that just mean i won't use the phone until fxtec manage to finish shiping phone and start another factory fun time ... it's just not worth it.

@Noir Very kind of you, but i won't take anything from someone, that would be selfish. I do consider that they owe us the case and earbuds, and the fact that they failed to communicate about the absence of the case with the phone at shipping (not something they just discovered ) tell me they didn't learn a thing from this forum complain.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vlycop said:

@Noir Very kind of you, but i won't take anything from someone, that would be selfish. I do consider that they owe us the case and earbuds, and the fact that they failed to communicate about the absence of the case with the phone at shipping (not something they just discovered ) tell me they didn't learn a thing from this forum complain.

I see your point, but since that is an offer from myself, there is nothing to feel selfish about. Offer still stands.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Erik said:

Happy to extend these for any order placed before the end of June upon request only. We're doing this based on the misinformation there might have been on Facebook. Please email [email protected] with your order ID. Please be aware that we are shipping the Pro1 first, and the accessories in a separate package shortly after. We have been too occupied with preventing another delay of the Pro1 :).

Thanks Erik for the clarification! Nice to have a statusupdate on the case.

As also mentioned in the headphones Thread, maybe you shopuld ask people if they need the headphones. I think most people do have better ones and only need the case. (

In my case I only need the case. 

Edited by mcdinner
add link
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

Thanks Erik for the clarification! Nice to have a statusupdate on the case.

As also mentioned in the headphones Thread, maybe you shopuld ask people if they need the headphones. I think most people do have better ones and only need the case. (

Depending on the case, some people may skip the whole package. Would surely save them some cost on shipping.
But to decide that, the headphones and case have to be done and presented to us.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, vlycop said:

the issue is that THIS was said, and relayed on the forum : "The final version of this case will be a gift for all pre-order users."

But if it ship later than the phone, that just mean i won't use the phone until fxtec manage to finish shiping phone and start another factory fun time ... it's just not worth it

I have only just seen this and, combined with everything else, pretty much has me (metaphorically) hovering on the cancel button.  I pre-ordered for 2 main reasons - the worry of a price increase and the promise of a case / headphones to ALL pre-order users.  There was also the promise that the money wouldn't be taken until a couple of weeks before the order was shipped.

As far as I can work out, NONE of those are true.  The price (in the UK at least) is still the same, the case now appears to not be included (and I even asked this question specifically in the forum before placing my order, had no response so presumed it was still valid) and the money was taken about 6 weeks ago.  The password requirements on the old forum / order page almost made me give up in disgust before I even placed the pre-order.

I expect teething troubles for a new company but so far it doesn't appear that anything originally mentioned has been delivered.  At the point now where, even if it was the absolute best phone ever made, I probably won't enjoy using it due to everything leading up to the delivery.

Edited by stavers
12 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

Excellent idea!

No need to waste money on something many of us would never use. Rather put that as drops into developing a Pro2 for 2021-2022

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Erik said:

Any possibility of having a SHIRT instead of case/headphones? Probably get more use out of that, personally

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, npatel1050 said:

Any possibility of having a SHIRT instead of case/headphones? Probably get more use out of that, personally

....And the advertising effect for FxTec of that would be much higher too.

I wore the T-shirt the day after the London event during a London sightseeing and got more than one question about it, similar on later occasions. So hopefully that wheeled in a few extra...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, stavers said:

I have only just seen this and, combined with everything else, pretty much has me (metaphorically) hovering on the cancel button.  I pre-ordered for 2 main reasons - the worry of a price increase and the promise of a case / headphones to ALL pre-order users.  There was also the promise that the money wouldn't be taken until a couple of weeks before the order was shipped.

As far as I can work out, NONE of those are true.  The price (in the UK at least) is still the same, the case now appears to not be included (and I even asked this question specifically in the forum before placing my order, had no response so presumed it was still valid) and the money was taken about 6 weeks ago.  The password requirements on the old forum / order page almost made me give up in disgust before I even placed the pre-order.

I expect teething troubles for a new company but so far it doesn't appear that anything originally mentioned has been delivered.  At the point now where, even if it was the absolute best phone ever made, I probably won't enjoy using it due to everything leading up to the delivery.

I am awaiting confirmation from Liangchen on this. This might have been something I am not aware of. Before further confusion, I will update you how things stand with the free sets of accessories.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just had a response from Liangchen on the little confusion with the free cases.

Yes, everyone (with a pre-order) will receive a free sleeve, but only people before the 24th of June will have a free set of headphones (+ the sleeve).

I have also been updated that we were not left impressed with the quality of the hardcase that you saw on Twitter before - it was making the slider mechanism not open properly. Therefore, there will be no plastic hard cases, but a sleeve to hold the device in instead. And again, everyone with a pre-order will be getting a free sleeve.

Once the device is in general availability, the sleeves will be paid accessories. We are also confident that we will have third-party accessory makers design products for the Pro1 shortly after launch.

P.S. I have seen the sleeve and it looks a lot more premium than the plastic hard case. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Erik said:

I have also been updated that we were not left impressed with the quality of the hardcase that you saw on Twitter before - it was making the slider mechanism not open properly. Therefore, there will be no plastic hard cases, but a sleeve to hold the device in instead. And again, everyone with a pre-order will be getting a free sleeve.

This is sad as a sleeve does not help to secure the phone when dropped while holding it. Phone won't drop while in my pocket and scratches on the back are not the thing I'm afraid of.
Also this is again a communication fail, as the last information from June!! was that there would be pictures soon of the case.

Now there is no protection at all, and If the phone manufaturer itself cannot create a case who will then ?
This may be a problem of this shitty borderless designs which came up the last years. On my E7 I had a hardcover like this, which I would like to see again.

E7HardCover.jpg

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

This is sad as a sleeve does not help to secure the phone when dropped while holding it. 

Seconded. This is a disappointment. A sleeve offers little useful protection for this expensive phone, and finding third-party cases will be very difficult unless and and until the Pro1 becomes more popular.

I'll wait until I get the phone before getting annoyed, but having been told we'll get a case it's a shame not to get one.

Edited by glumreaper
Edit
  • EskeRahn pinned and featured this topic
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic