On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

18 hours ago, ttodd said:

...I'm sure they recognise that £650 in a 7% interest savings account for 6 months ~= £23

2 hours ago, silversolver said:

Well let's see.....649 (what you paid months ago) vs 699 (what I paid much more recently) is a savings of what percentage? 🙂 You've been compensated.

This is excellent because he mentioned 7% (and I would still like to know about those savings accounts), but he got his 7% plus anohter 0.15%.  Good call!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

IGG, QWERTZ, EU/Germany, no stock assignment. They clearly don't prioritize as they originally promised, but well fxtec promises... 

You've heard of under promise and over deliver, right?  They did too, just got it a bit confused and thought it was over promise and under deliver.  LOL.

Those in manufacturing  learn very quickly not to make promises until well after post production.  This is their first time, it's all a learning experience for them, and they have tackled a giant.  Thus, I know it's frustrating, but they are going to need time.  I just wish they would be a bit more forthcoming with where they are, and where they are hoping to be a couple of weeks out (about the best one can hope for, as anything else is just spitting in the wind).  Best to just leave out additional promises -which they probably won't be able to keep anyway.

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, silversolver said:

Yes, you bailing. I positively do not understand people who would rather know they're not getting something awesome than wonder when they're getting something awesome. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I don't understand that thinking one tiny bit. To me, it's waiting for Christmas....it will come!

Gotta say I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment; however, in this case, "Christmas" happening by the 25th (for those of us in the USA) is a bit ambitious at this point.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I got a stock assigned mail on friday, despite having cancelled weeks ago (and gotten my refund). Lol. I contacted support (since I'm not an asshole), and now my order is finally marked as cancelled (today). So pretty sure this means that someone will get a stock assigned email today!

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

Oh, so hey everyone. I have been staying silent all this time and stuff but I am getting extremely frustrated and angry.

I pre-ordered on 28 FEB. Paid it on 31 JUL (requested QWERTZ unit as it became available on 29 JUL). Order number 61##. I am also in EU.

Where. the. hell. is. my. phone.??

Weren't QWERTZ units supposed to be a very small number? Did they even manufacture those??? Did anyone in the EU receive a phone at all??

Also, NOBODY did any QA during production and now all these busted screens pop up????

I say nothing adds up here. The fact that I didn't make it in the first batch I can stomach since there are many IGG backers (now then prioritizing people from a totally different project altogether doesn't seem very fair to me) but not getting in the second batch is just ridiculous.

Nothing adds up I say. By the time I get my hands on it the specs had already aged almost another year.......

Edited by Tsunero
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Weren't QWERTZ units supposed to be a very small number? Did they even manufacture those??? Did anyone in the EU receive a phone at all??

Yes multiple people in the EU have a phone (mosen, eske, waschmaschine-nl)

7 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Also, NOBODY did any QA during production and now all these busted screens pop up????.

They did QA during production that is why the screens poped up. But I suppose you mean preproduction?
Since it is an production error and the preproduction is different from the production, it seems that this issue is new.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Polaris said:

Not certain how bold the twitter post is... I don't read anything explicitly saying it's the countdown till you getting your preordered phone before Christmas.  Instead, that the countdown to Christmas (whether you get your phone or not, lol) has started.  23 more days and counting down; again, this is the case regardless of whether you get a phone or not.  The only guarantee in the tweet is that Christmas will arrive on Christmas (we'll let's hope so!), not that phones will arrive.

Well you know "Don't wake a sleeping bear". IMHO suggesting people a new Christmas wallpaper for a device most had expected to have long before Christmas, is not the most clever idea..... There are replies along these lines, so I'm not alone in combining the two.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Yes multiple people in the EU have a phone (mosen, eske, waschmaschine-nl)

They did QA during production that is why the screens poped up. But I suppose you mean preproduction?
Since it is an production error and the preproduction is different from the production, it seems that this issue is new.

It's nice that at least some people have phones.

However, I find the screen issue "very convenient", just before they had to keep their Christmas promise............... (and they dared to say 2-3 days prior they are 100% on track)

I lost count with all the disappointing delays.

I wish they released info on rough batch estimates or had the the whole ordering system laid out in a logical way so people know how far they are in the queue. Wouldn't have removed all the frustration but at least it could have contained some of it.

Sadly at this point I am really on the edge of refunding. My PRIV is getting worse by the day and while it chugs along still it's a horrible experience.

Edited by Tsunero
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, david said:

Interesting that it didn't seem to affect the first batch.  If it did, you would think the second batch wouldn't have been assembled until the problem was resolved.  If it didn't affect the first batch, then there is a question of why it didn't.

I think a similar issue has affected also the first batch (if I read well), but they thought they have successfully resolved the problem or at least made the situation much better. Maybe the same issue appeared again or maybe another one.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Sadly at this point I am really on the edge of refunding. My PRIV is getting worse by the day and while it chugs along still it's a horrible experience.

I would not happy to see many of us requesting refund because they have definitively did something valuable and they definitively need time to resolve issues.
If most of us go for refund it will affect their stability and rather than that, I would like their success.

I think it is not easy to get out of this situation for them - it seems appropriate quality phones were much less than their expectation. If they are able to resolve issues, many of the phones could be shipped if they are really only have this screen issue... but saying to everyone they could send only say 100 devices as 2nd batch would cause really bad feelings in customers.

Anyway, are there any of the QWERTY users with IGG coupon who has not received stock assignment e-mail?

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I would not happy to see many of us requesting refund because they have definitively did something valuable and they definitively need time to resolve issues.
If most of us go for refund it will affect their stability and rather than that, I would like their success.

I think it is not easy to get out of this situation for them - it seems appropriate quality phones were much less than their expectation. If they are able to resolve issues, many of the phones could be shipped if they are really only have this screen issue... but saying to everyone they could send only say 100 devices as 2nd batch would cause really bad feelings in customers.

Anyway, are there any of the QWERTY users with IGG coupon who has not received stock assignment e-mail?

To the last unfortunately yes. There have been posts here recently on that, and I believe it is not only late payers.

And agree on the first parts. As I understand it, it is very important for them not to deliver a so-so quality device, so rather than just sending out the devices with this minor defect, they withheld them. Of course very annoying for those most in need of a new device NOW, but I think in the long run it is the right decision to not send out stuff in a lesser quality than what they want their name to be associated with. A new brand is very sensible to critique, so just a few rotten apples could destroy a lot for them,

I bet many are sitting on the fence, and want to see the first reactions from the users. And if there are too much "Ooops" and "so-so" in those, it could hold back some people from buying.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, rinrailin said:

IGG backer, QWERTY, order #9xxx. No stock assignment email. So I believe that the second batch does not cover all IGG backers =(

Too bad. But remember it is not your order number but when you actually paid that matters. Some paid within minutes, and some took days or weeks (some had troubles with credit card companies, so not their own fault)

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Well you know "Don't wake a sleeping bear". IMHO suggesting people a new Christmas wallpaper for a device most had expected to have long before Christmas, is not the most clever idea..... There are replies along these lines, so I'm not alone in combining the two.

Yep.  Just saying that it would have to be inferred as it wasn't explicitly stated.  At this point, if I were f(x)tec, I wouldn't promise things I couldn't guarantee (or even promise things I think I could guarantee 😉).  There are still many factors in play, especially getting through US customs (as already was found out the hard way) for those expecting them here in the US prior to Christmas.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Too bad. But remember it is not your order number but when you actually paid that matters. Some paid within minutes, and some took days or weeks (some had troubles with credit card companies, so not their own fault)

Also the location should be important - like being in EU / USA / other part of the globe.

14 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Also the location should be important - like being in EU / USA / other part of the globe.

I haven't heard that should influence anything on the assignment (though of course on the delivery for the US where first batch was returned by their government's customs)

But qwertY versus qwertZ could matter, as we do not know the fraction of each version produced versus the fraction in the orders.

A long time ago they indicated that the qwertZ orders were so few, that they might be produced as one chunk. But for some reason or other they did not do so after all. (we know there were both types delivered in the small first batch).

3 hours ago, Tsunero said:

I pre-ordered on 28 FEB. Paid it on 31 JUL (requested QWERTZ unit as it became available on 29 JUL). Order number 61##. I am also in EU.

I'm from EU, IGG backer. I was part of the first batch and my phone has - as requested - a QWERTZ layout. Maybe it calms you a bit to know that I have not yet used my phone. I'm waiting for LineageOS to be ready or basically any non-stock Android system (that allows Android apps to be installed) to become ready enough to use or at least test.

• Like 1

This company is doing the equivalent of a starvation diet in order to get these pre orders produced, but if they can't get to general availability soon, it may strangle their ability to make money as more and more people wait for the original orderers to give feedback.

I personally would gladly have taken a real keyboard phone with a ridiculously minor issue in terms of the backlight bleed versus the increasingly vaporware phone that they keep snatching away at the last second.

Fxtec is starting to make me feel like a sucker...fool me once and all that.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I've paid within days because they had to modify the amount (reverse charge  VAT). Anyway, this doesn't explain the fact that a non IGG backer got a stock assigned message, not to mention the order #, 12xxx vs 8xxx (mine), both of us from EU countries.

I can understand some problems, but it's not that hard to start with a list of IGG backers paid orders, as promissed. This is not a manufacturing issue, c'mon...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, silversolver said:

Yes, you bailing. I positively do not understand people who would rather know they're not getting something awesome than wonder when they're getting something awesome. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I don't understand that thinking one tiny bit. To me, it's waiting for Christmas....it will come!

For me at least the thinking boiled down to trust issues and a distaste of being toyed with. I don't see it as waiting for Christmas I have no expectations other than time spent with family any gift is just a bonus and not expected. I didn't pay for the holiday, and it will be here on the 25 no matter what. I really did want the phone and understand that production isn't an easy feat, but after so much over promising and poor communication I was tired of the aggravation and uncertainty. I hope for everyone else and fxtec that any of my fears are unfounded and that phone is a big enough hit to warrant a pro2.

Edited by Pico
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Val said:

I've paid within days because they had to modify the amount (reverse charge  VAT). Anyway, this doesn't explain the fact that a non IGG backer got a stock assigned message, not to mention the order #, 12xxx vs 8xxx (mine), both of us from EU countries.

I can understand some problems, but it's not that hard to start with a list of IGG backers paid orders, as promissed. This is not a manufacturing issue, c'mon...

This is quiet true.

I hate to say it as I really want this phone and the company to succeed, however, we are left in the dark so often questioning when the delivery will be made and when we do get a mail its vague. If we get a 100% answer saying we will all have stock by xmas it is then questioned in the next mail. To add to this responses are given to individuals in regards to delays and possible no delivery until after Xmas and no mass communication.

These forum pages are fast becoming a 'Frustration Board'. I can probably only hold out until xmas as I honestly feel as if they are not going to deliver the rest due to overspending. When it comes to IGG backers i believe those should be delivered early of course, but, they should have, as @Val said, a genuine and linear plan for device delivery an a list that represents this. My concern is that I will no doubt receive my pre-order 2 days before general release.

My work is Admin and Organisation so there are moments where I am so confused as to how the plan is inside F(x)tec when it comes to comes to allocations, delivery and comms. Do not get me wrong they are super smart when it comes to Tech and building a phone from scratch but they really need to take a moment for all the money they have received and trying to keep all the 'Hypotheses' in check. Also no more social media... Advertising a product you are not able to supply is not cute. 

But my ass is still waiting for the damn thing! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
37 minutes ago, Pico said:

For me at least the thinking boiled down to trust issues and a distaste of being toyed with. ... I really did want the phone ... but after so much over promising and poor communication I was tired of the aggravation and uncertainty. ...

Sad to say, but I am rapidly approaching this point myself.  I paid within an hour or so Aug. 2nd, and all I've seen since is excuses:  availability of parts; factory holidays; speed of production; slow transportation; US customs; now failure of parts during production.  The 'Boy who cried Wolf' springs to mind...  Depending on when you think of production as starting (no-one outside of F(x) actually knows...) we are some three months or more in & from what we can tell they still have not even finished all IGG orders.  It starts to look like very poor management of the whole project, which does not bode well for a long term company future... 😞

Edited by Tim6263
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2