On the pre-production status

5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Have you guys ever been involved in a company manufacturing anything complex? Do you even have a clue on what you are talking about?

Yes. Pretty large projects, and the most anything has ever been delayed was about 3 months. With severe discounts given to the customer and immediate notification about the issue and discussion on what best to do. I find the implication that apparently nobody here knows what they're talking about laughable.

5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

If you want to be sure, why did you even consider to do a pre-order rather than wait for a on-the-shelf-product?

Personally, because in my experience these smaller start up projects tend to have limited runs. They make what the pre-orders want, and anybody after that will have to fight to get a product at a decent price since they're not produced as much anymore. This might not apply to F(x)tec, and they're surely saying it doesn't apply to them, but we don't know for sure. So I pre-ordered precisely because I wanted to be sure (of a unit), based on my previous experiences.

I also think most people here are falling in the false dilemma fallacy by thinking that just because F(x)tec delivered some phones, it means that they're able to deliver all phones. I am not saying they're definitely not able to deliver all phones, but like you and plenty of other people have said, they're only a small start up. And small start ups have an inherent risk of going bankrupt. That coupled with the fact that this is an ambitious project, and there being issues with manufacturing makes it an option to consider. Then again, they're still processing refunds without hassle if you ask for it, which makes things look better.

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Frank M said:

You seems pretty upset about these complaints.  Some like you who have already received more then one device.

If you have such patience then why didn't you volunteer to receive it in the last batch?

Very convenient 

I think it has to do with an understanding of the rigors of the manufacturing process, especially for startups.  I don't have my phone, am in the back of the line, and am tired of the complaining too, and completely agree with EskeRahn's sentiment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, matf said:

Everyone knows how you feel. In fact, we're all browsing threads here to refresh them now and then, between two e-mail checks, in the hope that something significant about our Pro¹ shows up at some point.

If this is what you are doing, I have a suggestion that might be helpful.  Stop hoping for info to come across these threads and just wait for official emails.  It takes much less out of you and you'll always be updated before you get your phone. 😀

• Like 4
4 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

Let me add some actual new info, just got a response from the support:

As you are Indiegogo backer, your order is coming with the 3rd batch due to leave the factory later this week. I expect, but don't guarantee, that you will receive your stock assigned message early next week, and the tracking details later next week. 

Good verbiage "I expect, but don't guarantee."  Finally they are starting to get it!

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, kashif said:

I have a feeling that i will get my pro1 just before xmas or shortly after.

Although @EskeRahn and @mcdinner are trying their best to stop my order from being processed 😋

sooner, later or shortly we all will get our devices and have fun with it!!!

Also I'm happy you are still with us; even when that means I don't get your order 😜

feel free to come back to discord, you're welcome there  :)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, VaZso said:

I have contacted support yesterday and had some mail conversation.
Today they have shared some valuable information with me and I have asked if I am allowed to share their reply with you.

As now I have permission to share it, here is what support wrote:

Thanks VaZso, this is what I come here for. 👍

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Polaris said:

If this is what you are doing, I have a suggestion that might be helpful.  Stop hoping for info to come across these threads and just wait for official emails.  It takes much less out of you and you'll always be updated before you get your phone. 😀

I was saying that on a light tone. :( If everything goes well and according to the support message shared by VaZso, I might get my tracking number tomorrow; I'd be pretty happy with that.

Edited by matf
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, VaZso said:

Today they have shared some valuable information with me and I have asked if I am allowed to share their reply with you.

I've cancelled my order on 11/22. I'll be back when the dust settles. Need to get off this ride. More than happy to pay full price if I have to down the road but I don't like being lied to repeatedly. In my cancellation email exchange, support told me my device was device was due to arrive in the second batch which was at the end of November. and as we all know that didn't happen.

Edited by npatel1050
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
20 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

I've cancelled my order on 11/22. I'll be back when the dust settles. Need to get off this ride. More than happy to pay full price if I have to down the road but I don't like being lied to repeatedly. In my cancellation email exchange, support told me my device was device was due to arrive in the second batch which was at the end of November. and as we all know that didn't happen.

Well, welcome back when things settle down a bit 🙂

But please stop lying by saying people are lying when they are not... They gave an ESTIMATE, And yes that did not hold, but wrong estimates are, well wrong estimates and not lies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, Polaris said:

I think it has to do with an understanding of the rigors of the manufacturing process, especially for startups.  I don't have my phone, am in the back of the line, and am tired of the complaining too, and completely agree with EskeRahn's sentiment.

Paid full price, back of the line, sick of the complaining myself! :P It's a pity you're on the Left.....er, West Coast, @Polaris because I get the impression we'd have a ball if we could be in the same building LOL

• Like 1
13 hours ago, kashif said:

I do agree on that, atleast some devices are delivered and its the light of hope.

I just wish though if FX can give us some realistic picture, and if any help we can do eg. financially.

I'm seriously thinking of ordering a second unit for this very reason, and also to make sure I don't need this Loo......err, PRIV anymore LOL

• Like 3
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Well, welcome back when things settle down a bit 🙂

But please stop lying by saying people are lying when they are not... They gave an ESTIMATE, And yes that did not hold, but wrong estimates are, well wrong estimates and not lies.

Call it what you want. Estimated, scheduled, anticipated, due, I don't really care. But when you even hint at something happening and don't have an intention of following through, I consider it a lie.

Withholding information is also a lie (10/29 they shipped a small batch and called it on schedule, leaving the majority of pre orders thinking they would get theirs, but we haven't. It's not like they didn't know how big the batch was or were unable to tell us that)

I find it VERY hard to believe they didn't anticipate some of these delays.

Also knowing that an outcome is highly unlikely but going ahead and "estimating" it be the case regardless is a lie to me. If what they say is never accurate, how is that not lying? Even worse still if it's intentional. That's like a weather forecast saying it's 90% chance raining tomorrow, even though there's not a cloud in sight and nothing on the radar.

Go ahead and justify their actions by saying they're bad at estimating, it's a start-up, whatever. They need to get their s*** together if they want to survive. (and I REALLY want them to survive) I'm willing to support the company and the device they developed (as evidenced by my payment 4 months ago), but I'm not supporting the mismanagement and false "estimates"

Edited by npatel1050
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, silversolver said:

Paid full price, back of the line, sick of the complaining myself! 😛 It's a pity you're on the Left.....er, West Coast, @Polaris because I get the impression we'd have a ball if we could be in the same building LOL

Without a doubt!  Like I said, cut from the same cloth.  Yep, full price, back of the line, and no complaining here too.  It's accurate that Left=West Cost, too accurate for my taste, but I'll digress.  Which part of our great land do you call home?

Edited by Polaris
13 hours ago, VaZso said:

You the true MVP ✌️😉🙌🏆🥇

5 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

They need to get their s*** together if they want to survive.

I just don't agree.  They are getting it together and doing as expected for a startup bringing a smart phone to market.  However, as I have said before, they need to overhaul their communication skills.  They are almost non-existent, and it's causing too many people to not trust them.  That is a problem and the sooner they fix it the better.

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

If what they say is never accurate, how is that not lying? Even worse still if it's intentional.

*Disregard this quote box, not sure what happened, and I intended to put both of these in the same post (the one above, sorry for the dual posts).

Lying is intentional and I'm not certain that's what's happening here!  Clearly, by your comment, you aren't either.  If someone says something with every intent of it happening it's not a lie.  When it doesn't happen, then they were just wrong, not lying.  The other day an employee told me he wanted to come in early to attend a meeting.  He arrived on time, but later than he said, and missed the meeting.  On the way he got a flat tire and had to change it on the highway.  That delayed him, but he wasn't lying to me when he told me he would be in early.  He got up, got dressed, left the house, etc. all earlier than normal.  Sometimes unexpected things happen, it doesn't mean everyone is lying all the time.

Edited by Polaris
  • Thanks 2

Well now I am getting a bit upset.. News are getting better - batches every week, seems there still IS a possibility to get the phone around Christmas. BUT NOW! I have to cross my fingers whole day and every day, that means I can not work at all!! 😄 My boss is getting rude every time he spots this forum on my computer 😄 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, _DW_ said:

@Polaris you do know you can quote multiple posts in 1 post don't you 😄

1 hour ago, _DW_ said:

@Polaris you do know you can quote multiple posts in 1 post don't you 😄

Yes sir.  Something weird happened with that one and it got all goofed up (weird and goofed are technical terms here). 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
39 minutes ago, Swond said:

Well now I am getting a bit upset.. News are getting better - batches every week, seems there still IS a possibility to get the phone around Christmas. BUT NOW! I have to cross my fingers whole day and every day, that means I can not work at all!! 😄 My boss is getting rude every time he spots this forum on my computer 😄 😄

The problem is that your boss can see your screen 😄

• Haha 7
6 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

Call it what you want. Estimated, scheduled, anticipated, due, I don't really care. But when you even hint at something happening and don't have an intention of following through, I consider it a lie.

Withholding information is also a lie (10/29 they shipped a small batch and called it on schedule, leaving the majority of pre orders thinking they would get theirs, but we haven't. It's not like they didn't know how big the batch was or were unable to tell us that)

I find it VERY hard to believe they didn't anticipate some of these delays.

Also knowing that an outcome is highly unlikely but going ahead and "estimating" it be the case regardless is a lie to me. If what they say is never accurate, how is that not lying? Even worse still if it's intentional. That's like a weather forecast saying it's 90% chance raining tomorrow, even though there's not a cloud in sight and nothing on the radar.

Go ahead and justify their actions by saying they're bad at estimating, it's a start-up, whatever. They need to get their s*** together if they want to survive. (and I REALLY want them to survive) I'm willing to support the company and the device they developed (as evidenced by my payment 4 months ago), but I'm not supporting the mismanagement and false "estimates"

The big thing here is the intention. If somebody tells you something they believe, that really isn't true (maybe later proves not to be true), does not make them liars, only if they know it isn't. A very large partition of the human population believes in a religion - but I would not call them liars. And I doubt that even those believing in one set of deities would call those believing in another set for liars.

But SURE their communication has been a mess, and sometimes different parts of the staff even happened to give contradicting messages, and that is really bad, and feeds all this conspiracy BS in here.

• Like 3

Tracking details were emailed to our APAC and US/CA customers to those with stock assigned letters. The EU stock is in transit with a courier to our EU warehouse right now. I will write an update on the news thread later today when I get a chance.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
7 minutes ago, Erik said:

Tracking details were emailed to our APAC and US/CA customers to those with stock assigned letters. The EU stock is in transit with a courier to our EU warehouse right now. I will write an update on the news thread later today when I get a chance.

Good to know, I can stop smashing "refresh" button and get back to work

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

The big thing here is the intention. If somebody tells you something they believe, that really isn't true (maybe later proves not to be true), does not make them liars, only if they know it isn't.

What would you call them if they tell you something which they know is true, but which they also know will be misconstrued to mean something somewhat different? Politician?

A batch of units has left the factory. That is all that we know. From Eriks post we may reasonably surmise that there are at least 3 phones in transit (since three distribution areas are mentioned).

Any more than that would seem to be pure supposition on our part, though I think most here would agree we had been lied to if it proved to be the case.

(For clarity, I'm not in any way suggesting this is the case, just trying to point out why fxtec really should do better at the comms)

Edited by epninety
Carification
  • Confused 2