LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

Just a small question: My phone vibrates, when I use the hardware keyboard even though I turned off all related settings I could find in the SwiftKey settings, the Sounds and Vibration settings and also the System>Buttons settings. Does anybody know, where I can turn it off?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Android 10 seems to present some additional challenges with the external SD card.  With Open Camera, I had to go to "more camera settings" as usual, but unlike with Android 9, I had to toggle on "Use

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

Just a small question: My phone vibrates, when I use the hardware keyboard even though I turned off all related settings I could find in the SwiftKey settings, the Sounds and Vibration settings and also the System>Buttons settings. Does anybody know, where I can turn it off?

(I can say that I do not have this, so can confirm that it must be a setting somewhere...)

If you in setting search for "haptic", multiple settings appear, I would try to check those.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

(I can say that I do not have this, so can confirm that it must be a setting somewhere...)

If you in setting search for "haptic", multiple settings appear, I would try to check those.

Thanks for the suggestion. Turns out, there was a setting in Fx Service that I had overlooked. So feel free to (re)move my comment ;)

• Thanks 2

Besides the very annoying smart lock bug, the phone audio volume is always at maximum and is not affected by the phone volume setting. Music and ringtone volume works, but phone call volume can not be changed. This is especially annoying when using headphones, because it hurts my ears and on regular phone calls the sound is so loud that it can be used as loudspeaker mode instead.

1 hour ago, fxtec11 said:

Besides the very annoying smart lock bug, the phone audio volume is always at maximum and is not affected by the phone volume setting. Music and ringtone volume works, but phone call volume can not be changed. This is especially annoying when using headphones, because it hurts my ears and on regular phone calls the sound is so loud that it can be used as loudspeaker mode instead.

This is the one bug I've been following over the months in this forum which bugs me most (excuse the pun). Because it has the potential to make the phone, when I finally get it, practically unusable for me as a phone. Both at home when I'm not alone and at work as soon as homeoffice will cease to be the new normal. I definitely couldn't use it to receive calls from work at home when someone's around because that would potentially violate confidentiality requirements.

The only thing I can imagine to mitigate the problem so far is using a headset with a dedicated volume dial. Perhaps a possible workaround for you, too?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

This is the one bug....

The thing this phone does the worst is well working as a phone... Call quality is not optimal, to put it kindly.
Luckily (for me) the function I most seldom use my phone for is calls(!), but would like to see it improved soon!!

Though It does work fine for calls using a headset (IMHO).

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The thing this phone does the worst is well working as a phone...

It's a mystery to me how this has not been fixed a long time ago. I have my notification and phone volumes on the lowest setting and it is still too loud. Also, still struggling with speaker mode using the lower loudspeaker ... which is right next to the microphone and causes echo and feedback when the phone is lying flat on any surface.

Btw., how does the LOS update process handle changes on /system? Can /system be mounted rw and files changed, or will this cause an update to fail? Afaik, the updates are not incremental ... but checksum errors or other mechanisms might fail ...

• Like 1