PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

Just a small question: My phone vibrates, when I use the hardware keyboard even though I turned off all related settings I could find in the SwiftKey settings, the Sounds and Vibration settings and also the System>Buttons settings. Does anybody know, where I can turn it off?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

Just a small question: My phone vibrates, when I use the hardware keyboard even though I turned off all related settings I could find in the SwiftKey settings, the Sounds and Vibration settings and also the System>Buttons settings. Does anybody know, where I can turn it off?

(I can say that I do not have this, so can confirm that it must be a setting somewhere...)

If you in setting search for "haptic", multiple settings appear, I would try to check those.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

(I can say that I do not have this, so can confirm that it must be a setting somewhere...)

If you in setting search for "haptic", multiple settings appear, I would try to check those.

Thanks for the suggestion. Turns out, there was a setting in Fx Service that I had overlooked. So feel free to (re)move my comment ;)

• Thanks 2

Besides the very annoying smart lock bug, the phone audio volume is always at maximum and is not affected by the phone volume setting. Music and ringtone volume works, but phone call volume can not be changed. This is especially annoying when using headphones, because it hurts my ears and on regular phone calls the sound is so loud that it can be used as loudspeaker mode instead.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fxtec11 said:

Besides the very annoying smart lock bug, the phone audio volume is always at maximum and is not affected by the phone volume setting. Music and ringtone volume works, but phone call volume can not be changed. This is especially annoying when using headphones, because it hurts my ears and on regular phone calls the sound is so loud that it can be used as loudspeaker mode instead.

This is the one bug I've been following over the months in this forum which bugs me most (excuse the pun). Because it has the potential to make the phone, when I finally get it, practically unusable for me as a phone. Both at home when I'm not alone and at work as soon as homeoffice will cease to be the new normal. I definitely couldn't use it to receive calls from work at home when someone's around because that would potentially violate confidentiality requirements.

The only thing I can imagine to mitigate the problem so far is using a headset with a dedicated volume dial. Perhaps a possible workaround for you, too?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

This is the one bug....

The thing this phone does the worst is well working as a phone... Call quality is not optimal, to put it kindly.
Luckily (for me) the function I most seldom use my phone for is calls(!), but would like to see it improved soon!!

Though It does work fine for calls using a headset (IMHO).

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The thing this phone does the worst is well working as a phone...

It's a mystery to me how this has not been fixed a long time ago. I have my notification and phone volumes on the lowest setting and it is still too loud. Also, still struggling with speaker mode using the lower loudspeaker ... which is right next to the microphone and causes echo and feedback when the phone is lying flat on any surface.

Btw., how does the LOS update process handle changes on /system? Can /system be mounted rw and files changed, or will this cause an update to fail? Afaik, the updates are not incremental ... but checksum errors or other mechanisms might fail ...

• Like 2
On 1/18/2021 at 10:57 AM, fxtec11 said:

Yes, addition to these, I would add the bug with certain car audio-android auto setups where no sound is transfered to car during phone call.

I have noticed that sometimes it helps to crank the volume setting all the way up and down couple of times during the call. This occasionally seems to lower the voice level. Might be of course placebo effect 😄 , but I feel that sometimes it helps. Especially if using earpiece.

• Like 1
On 1/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, Rob. S. said:

This is the one bug I've been following over the months in this forum which bugs me most (excuse the pun). Because it has the potential to make the phone, when I finally get it, practically unusable for me as a phone. Both at home when I'm not alone and at work as soon as homeoffice will cease to be the new normal. I definitely couldn't use it to receive calls from work at home when someone's around because that would potentially violate confidentiality requirements.

The only thing I can imagine to mitigate the problem so far is using a headset with a dedicated volume dial. Perhaps a possible workaround for you, too?

Yes it is frustrating that we cannot adjust the call volume.  What was the explanation for this? Is it a hardware or software issue? Did any of you manage to solve this?

I have been trying to use a headset with dedicated volume key, but probably not the correct type, since pressing the volume key down, does not have any impact - volume remains high (under android stock).

• Sad 1

With the latest update screen lock is completely broken. The direct unlock option is gone so i always have to swipe up before i get the pattern screen.

In the settings menu it says screen lock is "none", even tough pattern is enabled and works. This leads to trust agent thinking there is no lock screen set up even though there is. I tried disable and enable again with the same result.

The smart lock bug was extremely annoying before(with all the screen flashing and refusing to turn off the screen) but now it's just broken.

And the hardware keyboard layout ist still broken. Is this even the right place to report these bugs?

signal-2021-01-31-090753.thumb.png.a4892ef606e141ac549734ae1d6184be.png

9 hours ago, fxtec11 said:

With the latest update screen lock is completely broken. The direct unlock option is gone so i always have to swipe up before i get the pattern screen.

I do NOT see this with 2021-01-25. Mine is set for password, and shows it the normal way.

Hi there,

yesterday i stupidly applied the latest official Lineage Nightly Update via the integrated OTA updater (skipping the two nightlies before that), now the system won't boot and after a long boot loop returns to the recovery which tells me to reset userdata.

I pulled an image of the userdata via adb on ubuntu but of course it is encrypted. Does anyone have any recommendations how i could pull some data like my apks and such from the userdata image?

Edited by milp
On 2/7/2021 at 12:37 PM, milp said:

Hi there,

yesterday i stupidly applied the latest official Lineage Nightly Update via the integrated OTA updater (skipping the two nightlies before that) ...

Did you try to simply re-flash the same nightly via sideload? That preserves userdata, right? So it should not destroy anything that isn't broken already ...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-17.1-20210208-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on February 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload)

As things upgrade smoothly constantly, I will stop posting this, unless others experience issues.

Ok. Just wanted to say thanks for posting these to this point, since in the past when I've experienced strangeness on 17.1 (I'm on 18 unofficial now), it was great to see if it was that security update I just did or something else (always something else) based on if I saw your update posts.

• Thanks 1

Indeed, all your data is still present.  Do not believe any messages that tell you otherwise.

The Pro1 is an A/B device.  If an update fails, you should be able to go back to the other slot using fastboot.  There are myriad pages on the internet about where to find the fastboot binary for your PC and how to enter fastboot on your phone.  Once you are ready, simply run "fastboot --set-active=a" and reboot.  If that does not work, try "fastboot --set-active=b" and reboot.

Alternatively, @claude0001 is correct.  You should be able to manually install the latest nightly.  If you use gapps, don't forget to reboot into recovery and reinstall gapps before starting LIneage.

• Thanks 3
37 minutes ago, tdm said:

[...] don't forget to reboot into recovery and reinstall gapps before starting LIneage. [...]

37 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

[...] and update gapps [...]

Thanks for the heads-up, @tdm and @DieBruine . Not using Gapps (et al.), I constantly forget about the importance of this step ...

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Maplesteel said:

Ok. Just wanted to say thanks for posting these to this point, since in the past when I've experienced strangeness on 17.1 (I'm on 18 unofficial now), it was great to see if it was that security update I just did or something else (always something else) based on if I saw your update posts.

If it benefits some, I  will continue to do so. Would just avoid polluting the thread if no one really cared *LOL*

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion