Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

55 minutes ago, jlavi said:

I suppose the certificate needs to be acquired for each software release no matter how small the change is. Fixing a bug would cause a new release and require a new certificate.

Ah! Good point. Sounds plausible.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, SnydeyMan said:

I got the email that they were about to start shipping and then 5 minutes later I got a text from FedEx saying I have a package on the way. When I clicked on the tracking number it said the package was coming from China. 

Whoa, then it has finally started! Around what number is your contribution? Mine is in the 2100's.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, agent008 said:
43 minutes ago, SnydeyMan said:

I got the email that they were about to start shipping and then 5 minutes later I got a text from FedEx saying I have a package on the way. When I clicked on the tracking number it said the package was coming from China. 

Whoa, then it has finally started!

Or he's got something else coming from China, too, like I did a few weeks ago?

• Haha 2
46 minutes ago, SnydeyMan said:

I hope that package contains a phone. 🙂

Have you ordered anything else from China which may also be that package?
...maybe are you a former Pro1 backer who did not receive Pro1 yet (or having it in for repair)?

Okay, their message about shipping makes it really "suspicious" that it may be a Pro1X. 😄

Also, your round position of the globe would also help or may give huge hope for others nearby (USA, parts of Europe, Asia, India, etc, etc.) 🙂

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SnydeyMan said:

The only other thing I have coming are some oem Ford parts which shouldn't be coming from China, but you never know haha. I pre ordered on the website back in September for a Pro1x and I'm in the USA.

Then I would say that it is highly unlikely that you would be the first to get a mail, so I think the "oem" here is the key for "China"

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Then I would say that it is highly unlikely that you would be the first to get a mail, so I think the "oem" here is the key for "China"

Right, however, the "about to start shipping" is still sounds interesting.

• Like 2
On 6/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, agent008 said:

Hi, I'm curious, does the Fold work well for those who like to type a lot? Does it have a "keyboard" function that could emulate the Pro1?

Due to the large inner display of the Fold 3, the keyboard can be emulated very large and clearly
on the lower half of the screen. Probably even more comfortable than on the Fx Pro1. 😅

K1600_IMG_20220614_184341.JPG

K1600_IMG_20220614_184235.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, jlavi said:

I suppose the certificate needs to be acquired for each software release no matter how small the change is. Fixing a bug would cause a new release and require a new certificate.

If they can fix a static noise problem with a SW fix and then flash a new SW version right away without reapplying a certificate, this would break my theory.

Possibly the fix is in an application which is not covered by the certificate.

Edited by jlavi
Refine an argument
  • Like 2
ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

Jun 17, 2022 • 8:40AM PDT

Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - June

pxeekwn7jmbs2xmddb1b.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here are the latest manufacturing and shipping updates!

• Your Pro1-X (Android OS) is almost ready to ship.
  • Mass assembly of the hardware and personalised engravings are finished and have passed our QC checks. We say almost ready to ship because we are just working on a couple of software issues before we can proceed. 

Whilst Pro1-X mass assembly was taking place, our development team were continuously testing randomly selected units. This process uncovered minor speaker/microphone issues. Specifically, the speaker occasionally generates a slight static and metallic noise when outputting sounds. Developers will continue working over the weekend to fine-tune the speaker/microphone for Android OS and get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

As soon as this is fixed, we will go ahead and start shipping Android OS Pro1-X’s. A final mass shipping ETA will be sent round in due course. We would like to apologise for this added delay and any inconvenience caused. 

In other news…

We have just received a new build for Ubuntu Touch OS which we will begin testing over the weekend. We will continue sharing progress updates with you for Ubuntu Touch & Lineage OS.

Thank you for your ongoing patience and support.

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If they can ship the pro1X without wifi and speakers issue it's ok for me 😄
I would better wait for a few months expecting a polished software, I find this honest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 6/8/2022 at 4:09 PM, Tommi69 said:

Wow. Good news. But anyway, if the phone really arrives, I will sell it immediatley.

Meanwhile I am so happy with the Galaxy Fold, that I will keep this.

Is the front screen still so narrow or do they have a newer model already?

On 6/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, Tommi69 said:

Due to the large inner display of the Fold 3, the keyboard can be emulated very large and clearly
on the lower half of the screen. Probably even more comfortable than on the Fx Pro1. 😅

The problem with this, is that it is just for typing text not controlling your phone like you do with a keyboard, think ctrl + tab and other shortcuts. I wonder if you could develop such a mode where the virtual keyboard is sticky. There is that and the fact that the front screen is way too narrow on the Fold.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 4
On 6/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, Tommi69 said:

I doubt that. We do have keyboard cases for tablets for a reason. No matter how big the screen is, a keyboard is in another league!

• Like 5
On 6/18/2022 at 9:34 AM, Slion said:

Is the front screen still so narrow or do they have a newer model already?

Yep. That is exactly why I stopped buying Samsung. They became tall and skinny which totally threw off the balance of the phone when typing. Then there was all that bloat and programs you can't delete (Google). So here I am, awaiting my freedom from all that. 

• Like 1

Here is the latest update on Indeiegogo:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Jun 28, 2022 • 11:15AM
1 hour ago
Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - June

k6usoliu2ou8e1n6yxt8.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers:

Following our last update, the speaker & microphone issues mentioned last week are now fixed.

That being said, a couple more minor bugs have been flagged and need fixing before we can start shipping:

• Community Developers are working on this already and plan on merging all of the bug fixes from previous Android builds into the final Android OS version which will be used for mass flashing devices.
  • After compiling this final build, developers will be able to conduct final tests to make sure that this version passes the SMR requirements (security maintenance release).
  • This final Android OS build will contain the May 2022 Android security patch version and the new June 2022 security patch will be updated to users via OTA.

Whilst we work to complete the above steps, a tentative ETA has been given of Friday 1st July for flashing Pro1-X's. Following this, we will be able to start shipping devices. 

We would like to apologise for the ongoing delays - whilst we understand that it is not ideal, we are doing our very best to resolve these bugs as quickly as we can.

Whilst we had planned to be mass shipping by now, the minor issues that have come up in recent weeks risk affecting both the functionality and useability of the device. This is something that can not be ignored as it goes against our quality standards and overall Pro1-X user experience.

Our team is working as quickly as we can to get your phones ready for mass shipping - thank you once again for your ongoing patience and support.

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Thanks 4