Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

1 hour ago, linparda said:

Thanks Hook. I ordered last April, almost a year now - so it looks like I will have a very long way to go...

The strange thing is that we have no idea of the pace the orders are fulfilled. I got a pending IGG order as well - one of the super early birds actually....

I feel like hook here that it is "money spent".

Depending on where you are residing, you might be hit by some severe network issues, that we still hope they can (at the least partly) remedy by software updates. So (for the affected regions) getting it does not make it a usable daily driver currently.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The strange thing is that we have no idea of the pace the orders are fulfilled. I got a pending IGG order as well - one of the super early birds actually....

I feel like hook here that it is "money spent".

Depending on where you are residing, you might be hit by some severe network issues, that we still hope they can (at the least partly) remedy by software updates. So (for the affected regions) getting it does not make it a usable daily driver currently.

Thanks! I am in the US, in Florida. Is that where the issues are? The US? I know Volla had issues in the US.

2 hours ago, linparda said:

I am in the US, in Florida. Is that where the issues are?

Right now, issues related to mobile network connectivity are reported from practically all over the world (I heard of: USA, Europe, Asia, Australia), though not by all users. There is no really clear picture yet, but, as F(x)tec acknowledged in their latest update, there may be a correlation with specific LTE bands and there may be a firmware fix at some point ...

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, linparda said:

Thanks! I am in the US, in Florida. Is that where the issues are? The US? I know Volla had issues in the US.

As @claude0001 indicated it is not really clear who&what are affected. It seems like it can be related to LTE band 3 and maybe 1, but we do not really know. All we know here is that FxTec at some point said they could not reproduce the issue in the UK, but we have others that have reported it in the UK. So could be a mixture of carrier and region that are affected,

Personally my 2019 Pro1 I use as a daily driver has a rather worn keyboard by now, but yet I have not switched to the Pro1X I impatiently bought from Expensys (still hoping to get one from IGG), I work primarily from home, quite close to my carrier's cell tower ("3" in DK). Though I have not had the network issues with my tests, it does not mean that it could not be affected if I tested elsewhere... And I think I will await a software patch and any positive reports on that before I will try to switch to a Pro1X as a daily driver.

• Like 1
On 2/17/2023 at 4:19 PM, sequestris said:

I honestly hope that they actually refund me and don't send me some outdated maybe-it-works device.
My order shows as processing rather than refund in process or anything.

Considering asking for refund too ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, Schket said:

You can ask..., i did in November 2022.

Until now, no refund and no phone...

My experience exactly. I didn't want to be a scumbag and didn't buy from Expansys imidiately, even though it was tempting for half the price... But after more than half a year!!! of waiting for it to be shipped, (also produced as I waited a lot longer) - I finally asked them for refund and got it from Expansys like so many others. The very last piece - they delisted it right afterwards... Sorry everyone. When my refund was not comming, I asked them again and apparently they are having difficulties with their bank. So them not being able to ship it for several months, you can guess how long it took Expansys to deliver. Nope, you're wrong. Literally less than 48h. Across the globe. Still cant believe it - DHL service. The inability to ship all the devices in over 6 months, some devices being sold to resellers for half the price before the original orders are fulfilled... I think that everyone with a pair of working eyes and half a brain can see what happened. They ran out of money. Shame they didn't come clear. I bet so many people would pay shipping cost twice isntead of waiting months (and potentially years) for the device they bought. 

• Sad 1
On 2/24/2023 at 4:25 PM, Jakub said:

I think that everyone with a pair of working eyes and half a brain can see what happened. They ran out of money. Shame they didn't come clear.

I truly believe that is what happened too. I wish my husband had gotten his Pro1x, but 2 years was just a little long to wait.

I wish they were going to actually refund the money. I think they are hoping that in 3 months they will have enough new orders to do some refunds.

I do appreciate the fact that they are not taking new orders. At least they did that right.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jakub said:

January of which year?

😄 

Indeed; a bit of patience might be in order. I'm still waiting for the Pro1 (later changed to Pro1X) I ordered in Sept 2019. (I did manage to get a pre-owned Pro1 early in 2021, though, and I received another Pro1X ordered from Indiegogo in Oct 2020 about half a year ago, which I've been using since then...)

• Like 1

Actual update here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Mar 6, 2023 • 11:27AM
33 minutes ago
Resuming Pro1 X Shipments
Dear backers,

We would like to inform you that our warehouse is currently in the process of preparing shipments for the Pro1 X units allocated to contribution IDs ranging from 568 to 1126. We will be sending out updates and tracking information to those backers via email by the end of this week.

We apologise for any delays in shipping that we have experienced so far, and we appreciate your continued patience and support.

Regards,
Fxtec

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jlavi said:

> preparing shipments for the Pro1 X units allocated to contribution IDs ranging from 568 to 1126.

My contribution ID is smaller than 568 and still waiting. 😯

Guess I was lucky my Bank was suspicious of the order and I had to dance around with them for a while.  I'm in the 900s.  Lol.

• Like 2

We would like to inform you that our warehouse is currently in the process of preparing shipments for the Pro1 X units allocated to contribution IDs ranging from 568 to 1126. We will be sending out updates and tracking information to those backers via email by the end of this week.

Dear f(x)tec, I would like to inform you that some of us have ordered a Pro1 via your website three and a half years ago (November 2019), have since been upgraded to Pro1x and also have been promised a somewhat prioritized delivery compared to the IG backers. It would have been nice not to rub it into our faces that you might or might not have completely forgotten about us, since even the e-mail updates have ceased to come by. Please, get your shit together. Sincerely, a patiently waiting paying customer. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jlavi said:

> preparing shipments for the Pro1 X units allocated to contribution IDs ranging from 568 to 1126.

My contribution ID is smaller than 568 and still waiting. 😯

I was assuming they would already have been shipped , sorry to hear that you are still waiting 
I have a higher contribution ID so im also still waiting 

44 minutes ago, Hook said:

Guess I was lucky my Bank was suspicious of the order and I had to dance around with them for a while.  I'm in the 900s.  Lol.

This is good news , since you are around this forum allot and a active user 
Its a way to verify the information that we are getting is truthful or false 
If you get the device as promised then we , all ,  most  , uuuuh some of us can also look forward to receiving a device 

I also like this update because it shows they are still working on the problem of shipping devices to their contributors 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Dear f(x)tec, I would like to inform you that some of us have ordered a Pro1 via your website three and a half years ago (November 2019), have since been upgraded to Pro1x and also have been promised a somewhat prioritized delivery compared to the IG backers. It would have been nice not to rub it into our faces that you might or might not have completely forgotten about us, since even the e-mail updates have ceased to come by. Please, get your shit together. Sincerely, a patiently waiting paying customer. 

I can top that. September 2019 here 😉 

Of course I can be more relaxed about it than others as I've been happily using a pre-owned Pro1 since February 2021, replaced half a year ago with the Pro1X that I had ordered via Indiegogo in October 2020 (and lately with an Expansys-bought QWERTY Pro1X to replace my QWERTZ phone...).

Good news is, they still exist, they are delivering, and chances are that we do get our phones eventually...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 3

has anyone noticed FX has become much more informative in the comment section on indiegogo ?
i dont know why but they seem much more in control again and its a very positive thing 
shows that they do care but in the past they might have had constraints 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

What they are now sending is the 8/256GB Blue QWERTY-EN,
So those of us with more rare choices (like my Scandinavian keyboard) will have to wait further, despite having a number way below 568.

That's good news for me; it's the exact model I ordered.

The bad news? My ID is 1874. No dice on this allotment.

It does make me wonder, though: might I (and others who ordered that version) be prioritized in the next contributor batch as well?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jsreed5 said:

It does make me wonder, though: might I (and others who ordered that version) be prioritized in the next contributor batch as well?

I have stopped expecting any logic here, though I still expect that I will get it at some point.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kwerty said:

Hello, when will the phone be available in the US or for purchase in the UK?

We got no real info here, but we do know that many US carriers makes it it hard to do BYOD, so check with you carrier first, or be prepared to look for another carrier.

There are some good info in this thread on what various US users have tried.

• Like 1