Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

5 hours ago, jsreed5 said:

I've moved to a new address between the last update and now. When I saw the most recent update, I sent a e-mail to F(x)tec asking if I could have my shipping address changed. Interestingly, they responded and changed the address very quickly, and I even got a message from Indiegogo that the shipping address on my order was updated.

I mention this because I've heard people on IGG claim that they couldn't change their shipping addresses with F(x)tec. The fact that I could do it quickly feels like an indication--albeit a small one--that they genuinely are hopeful things will work out this time.

They will handle and respond on things that are able to resolve by them. For things that obviously not sure or can't resolve they will just ghost you. For example the signal problem. There is no update on next beta or updates on stock android.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

In a casual conversation in Discord today, while helping someone with a battery problem, Casey provided some information on the shipping situation. Hopefully that means there will be  an update soon,  I'll quote Casey so as to not misrepresent. 

After verifying that the photo in the last update was a new photo, he was asked if the units had been tested for battery problems.  He said:

yes of course. They are able to turn on. Though, one thing to note/expect is that when expansys handed back these units to us, all retail boxes were opened. They checked the phones individually if they would turn on or not. I've set aside those phones that are labelled as problematic. The rest should be working as normal, and has been handed over to our new shipping partner.

The only hold-up at the moment is, the shipping partner is taking a long time to do a stock count of all the SKUs, but I'm sure they'll be done soon..

All phones were opened by Expansys. I've set aside the ones that couldn't turn on (kept at warehouse) until we send an engineer to Hong Kong to activate them

I am just quoting from Discord.  I can't answer clarification questions.  I just thought this information would be nice for folks over here who don't go to Discord.  As I said, maybe this means there will be an IGG update soon.

• Thanks 9
21 hours ago, Hook said:

the shipping partner is taking a long time to do a stock count of all the SKUs

I could do that in an hour with a conveyor belt and a barcode scanner, even if I had to write the controller, the scanner and the counter myself 😕

22 hours ago, KaKi87 said:

I could do that in an hour with a conveyor belt and a barcode scanner, even if I had to write the controller, the scanner and the counter myself 😕

Yes. I agree. However, that's what they are reporting to f(x)tec. Who knows what they are REALLY doing. f(x)tec doesn't and they won't share that info with f(x)tec.

6 hours ago, brunoais said:

Yes. I agree. However, that's what they are reporting to f(x)tec. Who knows what they are REALLY doing. f(x)tec doesn't and they won't share that info with f(x)tec.

Seeing as fxtec supposedly have (had?) people at the scene (in china), one would suppose their task was to make sure something was happening? 

One could also mention the fact that they supposedly took 3 months to tell us this, to make sure the information was accurate. Turns out that still, after three months, nothing changed, and information from fxtec is still not accurate.

15 hours ago, guest274577 said:

Seeing as fxtec supposedly have (had?) people at the scene (in china), one would suppose their task was to make sure something was happening? 

I went to Hong Kong for that specific reason, is to coordinate with the warehouse and shipping partner and make sure our stock arrived safely. 

I understand your concerns about us being silent for the past months, there just wasn't much to tell everyone. Though, now I'm pretty confident we'll get devices shipped out asap.

At the moment, our shipping partner has finished counting the stock and are awaiting our shipping list - which we're compiling as we speak. I estimate devices should start shipping in the next two weeks in batches.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Casey, I think that even a "there's sadly no news" kind of update would still have been better than complete silence. I seriously thought F(x)tec had gone belly up. But it's good to hear that!

Edited by marmistrz
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, marmistrz said:

Casey, I think that even a "there's sadly no news" kind of update would still have been better than complete silence. I seriously thought F(x)tec had gone belly up. But it's good to hear that!

Yup I completely understand. I'll make sure we provide updates to everyone even if there's no news.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Casey Im sure you will forgive my doubting your new two weeks estimation, given your track record so far.

Seeing as you are here in the forum, you have undoubtedly read my other, strongly worded, comment in a recent thread. I suppose you are still not planning to honor your original word about paying import tax for EU IGG backers?

20 hours ago, guest274577 said:

@Casey Im sure you will forgive my doubting your new two weeks estimation, given your track record so far.

Seeing as you are here in the forum, you have undoubtedly read my other, strongly worded, comment in a recent thread. I suppose you are still not planning to honor your original word about paying import tax for EU IGG backers?

We will. I replied you in the other thread.

• Like 1

@ Casey - Thank you for joining the forum and giving us information.  While the proof is the actual phone arriving and working, receiving actual information is a huge relief and boost to my morale on this situation, as it is to many others as well.  Thank you for working toward as well as reporting on efforts toward a solution. 

Looking forward to more updates, hopefully positive ones.

• Like 5
On 10/5/2023 at 2:11 PM, Casey said:

At the moment, our shipping partner has finished counting the stock and are awaiting our shipping list - which we're compiling as we speak. I estimate devices should start shipping in the next two weeks in batches.

Thanks for all the extra info. As you now know the count, l would love to know roughly how large a fraction of the waiting that will be served with the recovered devices

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 1:20 PM, EskeRahn said:

Thanks for all the extra info. As you now know the count, l would love to know roughly how large a fraction of the waiting that will be served with the recovered devices

From the stock count in our shipping partner's warehouse, we expect to ship out 700+ units this time. But there are more in the old warehouse which had the battery issue, which I did not do a stock count of. We'll provide specific numbers in our IGG update soon.

• Thanks 5
2 hours ago, Casey said:

From the stock count in our shipping partner's warehouse, we expect to ship out 700+ units this time. But there are more in the old warehouse which had the battery issue, which I did not do a stock count of. We'll provide specific numbers in our IGG update soon.

700+ of What, exactly? Let me guess, Qwerty only? 

It was my understanding that the devices where already at the factory, as per the June update? So why are there still devices at the "old warehouse"? and how many that are affected by the battery bug (and basically useless for now) are there in total? Whats the status of non-qwerty layouts? 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Casey said:

Thanks, but could you give us a rough ball park figure of the fraction of the total covered after the 700+ ?
E.g. which of these do you estimate to be the closest : 10% 30% 50% 70% 90% ???

Or the other other way round if you prefer, how large a fraction will be pending afterwards.

On 10/5/2023 at 2:11 PM, Casey said:

I estimate devices should start shipping in the next two weeks in batches.

So, @Casey, it has been two weeks since you wrote this. Now Im just a curious fellow, but could you please give us a rough estimate of the number of devices that has now been shipped (during these two weeks), and how many will ship in the next two weeks?

Edited by guest03847
  • Like 1
On 10/19/2023 at 12:09 PM, guest03847 said:

So, @Casey, it has been two weeks since you wrote this. Now Im just a curious fellow, but could you please give us a rough estimate of the number of devices that has now been shipped (during these two weeks), and how many will ship in the next two weeks?

You got ghosted again until next update... there is nothing to update as ussual.

Dear Pro1-X backers,

We would like to share the latest shipping progress with you. We have shipped out 179 QWERTY 256/8GB Blue orders. Please keep a close eye on your inbox for tracking details from the courier.

If you have not received a shipping notification yet, please understand that we have not reached your order in our queue just yet.

OS Developments

For those who were unaware, Pro1-X has been listed as a supported device for Ubuntu Touch! You are now able to install Ubuntu Touch on your Pro1-X through the UBports Installer on your PC. Please note that your device will need to be bootloader unlocked for this process. Click here to be redirected to our documentation page on Fxtec Community Forums on how to unlock your bootloader.

Check out what features on the Pro1-X are supported by Ubuntu Touch here!

A special thanks to TheKit and developers who spent their free time working on this project. Your contributions mean greatly to this community!

We appreciate your continued support and are working hard to get the Pro1-X into your hands as soon as possible.

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4