Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

8 hours ago, VaZso said:

I doubt FinQwerty is the cause of this for you in any way.

I have it also installed (together with a lot of users here) and never noticed any problems.
Moreover, it basically installs those layouts but they are used by the system instead of FinQwerty itself.

i uninstalled it within like 15 minutes, after hiding it from the system. That's when this started. 
So I'm not saying it was FQ, but wondering if it could be because of the way I removed/uninstalled FQ...

Occasionally some of my random keys gets stuck (not physically). So it keeps typing same letter until I stop it with backspace. I am using default keyboard. Anyone else facing this issue? Can this be sorted through software update?

PS:  Really need a sticky "shift" key. Otherwise so difficult to type and hold 2 keys on this super wide keyboard even with my big hands!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, rejujacob said:

Occasionally some of my random keys gets stuck (not physically). So it keeps typing same letter until I stop it with backspace. I am using default keyboard. Anyone else facing this issue? Can this be sorted through software update?

PS:  Really need a sticky "shift" key. Otherwise so difficult to type and hold 2 keys on this super wide keyboard even with my big hands!

Mine has done that a few times since I to got it yesterday.  I haven't done any OTA updates yet.

• Sad 1

The only issue I found with my Pro1 so far on the hardware side which was not mentioned before, I believe, is the USB-C connector being flimsy.  What I mean by that is when I plug USB-C from my LG monitor I am getting screen mirroring (which is great), but then slightest touch on the connection near the phone (like slightly push the connector right or left) and the monitor disconnects.  None of my other phones have that issue, so it seems the USB-C connector on the phone is not of the highest quality :(.

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, galaxy said:

The only issue I found with my Pro1 so far on the hardware side which was not mentioned before, I believe, is the USB-C connector being flimsy.  What I mean by that is when I plug USB-C from my LG monitor I am getting screen mirroring (which is great), but then slightest touch on the connection near the phone (like slightly push the connector right or left) and the monitor disconnects.  None of my other phones have that issue, so it seems the USB-C connector on the phone is not of the highest quality :(.

I have not seen that happen when connected to my laptop.  I have had that happen with phones in the past and there are constant sounds of Windows recognizing the phone appearing and disappearing.  I am using a 3rd party Type A to Type C cable, not the one it shipped with.  

Could it be your cable? 

If it is the port, you might want to talk to support about it.  It could just be an issue with your particular port.  I really hope it doesn't become a wide spread issue, because that is one of the huge benefits of USB-C vs micro USB.  On the other hand, the USB-C port is supposed to be modular, so if we are able to source them somewhere, we can replace them relatively easily without needing to use a soldering gun.

• Thanks 2

Just came across a really odd issue that's bad enough I swapped back to my Key2 for the time being. Wanted to see if anyone else has run across this. 

So when typing fast, some keys are straight up missed, I tested this over and over and found a few specific ones that would cause it. If I type "hahahahahaha" in rapid succession like that (but not so fast it's unrealistic for my fast typing speed) the output is either nothing at all, "hhhhhhhhh" or "hhhhahhhhh", same thing happens when typing something like "yeyeyeyeyey". I've also noticed that this happens in reverse order too, such as "ahahahahah" or "eyeyeyeyeye" difference being I get the first letter over and over instead of the second one. 

Now to clarify, it's not like I'm typing hahahhaa all the time, but this is enough of an issue that words like "yeah" come out as "ya" or "ea" and not the actual word, and it's consistent enough I literally can't type on it. I already contacted FXTec but wanted to see if this was something other people have seen. 

Yes I searched around for this but haven't found this exact issue. And yes I ran all the updates that were available for the phone (and checked for updates over and over to be sure). I also factory reset and the issue is still present. Maybe hardware? 

I'm on Tmobile, not sure if that matters in any way, but maybe in relation to updates? I am hoping this is a software fix, don't want to replace the device. Literally everything else is great, key feel is solid, screen is good, but I simply can't use it like this.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kartspeedster said:

Just came across a really odd issue that's bad enough I swapped back to my Key2 for the time being. Wanted to see if anyone else has run across this. 

So when typing fast, some keys are straight up missed, I tested this over and over and found a few specific ones that would cause it. If I type "hahahahahaha" in rapid succession like that (but not so fast it's unrealistic for my fast typing speed) the output is either nothing at all, "hhhhhhhhh" or "hhhhahhhhh", same thing happens when typing something like "yeyeyeyeyey". I've also noticed that this happens in reverse order too, such as "ahahahahah" or "eyeyeyeyeye" difference being I get the first letter over and over instead of the second one. 

Now to clarify, it's not like I'm typing hahahhaa all the time, but this is enough of an issue that words like "yeah" come out as "ya" or "ea" and not the actual word, and it's consistent enough I literally can't type on it. I already contacted FXTec but wanted to see if this was something other people have seen. 

Yes I searched around for this but haven't found this exact issue. And yes I ran all the updates that were available for the phone (and checked for updates over and over to be sure). I also factory reset and the issue is still present. Maybe hardware? 

I'm on Tmobile, not sure if that matters in any way, but maybe in relation to updates? I am hoping this is a software fix, don't want to replace the device. Literally everything else is great, key feel is solid, screen is good, but I simply can't use it like this.

This is a problem with the keyboard driver which will be fixed in the next OTA update if all is right. It happens when you press a key down at the exact same time the driver is handling the key-up event from the next one. In Sailfish and mccrearies test builds this is already fixed if you need it in a hurry 🙂.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Issues noticed in the last couple days of using my Pro1:

- I can't get MTP ("File Transfer") to work at all.  I will test with other computers, but PTP does work.

- PTP only shows the internal storage, not the SD card.  I somehow randomly got it to show both the internal storage and the SD card one time, but I couldn't get it to come back.

- The phone doesn't retain the USB Preference after the connection is disconnected, so you have to re-set it every time you plug it in.

- When in landscape, pulling down the settings shortcuts results in the Edit and Settings (pen and gear) icons going off the screen.  They can usually be accessed by tapping the very edge of the screen, but this is prone to touching the wrong one, since you can't see them while you are tapping.  The dialog just needs to be made a bit shorter, and preferably with the gap between the dialog and the edge of the screen being similar on top and bottom, such that neither is in the curved part of the screen.  The top of the dialog is already like this.

1 hour ago, david said:

- When in landscape, pulling down the settings shortcuts results in the Edit and Settings (pen and gear) icons going off the screen.  They can usually be accessed by tapping the very edge of the screen, but this is prone to touching the wrong one, since you can't see them while you are tapping.  The dialog just needs to be made a bit shorter, and preferably with the gap between the dialog and the edge of the screen being similar on top and bottom, such that neither is in the curved part of the screen.  The top of the dialog is already like this.

You need to set the Screen > Advanced > Displayed size to small, then the quick settings area is rendered properly in landscape.

Edited by cube48
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, cube48 said:

You need to set the Screen > Advanced > Displayed size to small, then the quick settings area is rendered properly in landscape.

I don't want things to be smaller on my screen.  But it is a good point that it should also adjust to fit if someone does pick "Large" in that screen, not just work with "Default".

UPDATE:  Oddly enough, it *does* work when set to "Large", because it reduces the icons to one row instead of two.  That's probably more by luck than design.  Default still needs to work though.

Edited by david
  • Like 2
On 1/26/2020 at 7:32 AM, david said:

Agreed, on the not being able to boot off an externally patched boot image (patched with TWRP, @Waxberry).  Some phones allow it and some don't.  I just figured fxtec would, since they are about open access to everything and allowing users to control their own devices.  Allowing this doesn't even change anything on the device, so it is a safe option to allow, in theory.

Being able to remove the encryption is technically a lacking feature, not a bug, too.  But the same as the above, it would be nice to have that option built in, or have formal documentation on how to do it otherwise.

I haven't seen any phones that don't have a Recovery period, though.

Yes, to be clear, I'm not saying that we should be able to flash a recovery through fastboot. I'm saying we should be able to boot off an external file, where that file contains the Pro1 boot.img that has been patched with TWRP.  This is an easy way to temporarily gain access to functionality needed, yet not make any changes to the internal flash memory.

I'd like to chime in here because I also think that we should be able to boot (recovery) images with fastboot. I just installed Magisk on my Pro1, using one of the boot images from the forum. But I only did so out of desperation. These boot images are blobs and I cannot control what is flashed to my phone. I would have preferred to boot TWRP and install Magisk directly.

The Pro1 not letting us boot or flash recoveries is actually a big disappointment to me. And I lost some hours trying and failing, before I found out that fastboot is restricted on our phones 🙁

4 hours ago, rejujacob said:

Same issue here. Happened to me like three times yesterday in Chrome but only with the return key which spams text fields with new lines. It looks like the key up event is missed. Hopefully just a software issue.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, michael.bosscha said:

I got An OTA yesterday that supposedly would fix the unresponsive keyboard issue, but als, no dice. I clacked open a few minutes ago but again, the only key to respond is the Fx key 😕

Never seen that here. Just 5 days of intensive use under my belt though.

5 hours ago, david said:

- I can't get MTP ("File Transfer") to work at all.  I will test with other computers, but PTP does work.

Odd I have been using MTP only from day one, never had an issue, and I see both internal and SD (if I give it an SD card)

Could it be some of the protocol issues with the above 32GB cards you have talked about in other threads that are teasing you here also?

There COULD be some limitations in MTP perhaps ???

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, galaxy said:

If you get the same with different cables it sounds like a faulty unit, contact support.

5 hours ago, david said:

I don't want things to be smaller on my screen.  But it is a good point that it should also adjust to fit if someone does pick "Large" in that screen, not just work with "Default".

UPDATE:  Oddly enough, it *does* work when set to "Large", because it reduces the icons to one row instead of two.  That's probably more by luck than design.  Default still needs to work though.

I wonder if this is a Pie bug, as the whole thing is so close to stock andoid? Do we got anyone with stock android on a 2160x1080 device that can check?

• Like 1
On 1/29/2020 at 7:33 AM, rejujacob said:

On 1/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, Slion said:

Same issue here. Happened to me like three times yesterday in Chrome but only with the return key which spams text fields with new lines. It looks like the key up event is missed. Hopefully just a software issue.

I can confirm this bug (QWERTZ unit). I was writing a message to a forum on Chrome and suddenly text field was full of empty rows. I believe that return key spammed new lines there. This has happened only once so far.

EDIT:
This was mentioned earlier also but I confirm the issue. Keyboard does not initialize correctly after you open the keyboard. Some keys are dead, like 7, U, J and N (QWERTZ) until you press another key. I can

Edited by FlyingAntero
Added a bug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I am curious, in all of my previous devices the auto brightness setting was bound to a maximum brightness of my choice. At least, to my recollection. 
This device however regularly boosts the brightness to max. I don't want/need that.
Is this a bug, limitation of the software or a limitation of this Android version?

Also auto-rotate sometimes freezes. Restarting (Nova) launcher or auto-rotate doesn't work. I have to switch the screen off and slide the keyboard back before turning it on again. I am an avid Hangouts-user. Wouldn't be surprised when there aren't that may users who encounter this. Hangouts is one of those apps which will not rotate to landscape, except when in conversation mode.

Edit:
It happened again while typing this message. Closed the keyboard and rotated the device. Had to switch the screen off to rotate back to portrait.

Edited by DieBruine
Happened again
8 hours ago, netman said:

This is a problem with the keyboard driver which will be fixed in the next OTA update if all is right. It happens when you press a key down at the exact same time the driver is handling the key-up event from the next one. In Sailfish and mccrearies test builds this is already fixed if you need it in a hurry 🙂.

Alright, good to know. Thanks for the fast reply too. If that issue is fixed I can see myself using this device full time, but for now I can't really use the keyboard. Might swap back to it anyway and just use the virtual keyboard until this is fixed though. 

@EskeRahn It was always gonna go that way. One thread for every bug does not make sense.

You need one thread per bug to stay focus on one issue. Again duplicate bug reports are fine. Just close the duplicate threads, tag them as duplicate and redirect people to the master thread for that issue.

Create or move bug report threads in that dedicated sub forum and tag them appropriately with tags like: software, hardware, keyboard, bug, feature and such.

Then we can maintain a Known Issues single post, closed, pinned thread with links to various bug report threads.

Also, yesterday I reported something that's clearly a bug and it was merge in that Feature Request thread, not sure why...

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
45 minutes ago, Slion said:

Again duplicate bug reports are fine. Just close the duplicate threads and redirect people to the master thread for that issue.

Fine for lazy posters yes, but the staff and I as a voluntary moderator then have to clean up the mess left because people did not bother to search before posting. Taking MUCH longer than it would have done before posting.... Maybe we should consider to just delete doublets, or posts with multiple subjects... 😡

But as others have pointed out more hierarchy than just the few main groups could help.

And though I agree that

45 minutes ago, Slion said:

One thread for every bug does not make sense.

Neither does anything in any thread

• Haha 1
  • Erik unpinned this topic