On the pre-production status

Yeah well some users remind me of children not getting their toy on a promised day.

Why does the order number matter? Nothing matters here. They have stated when they send the batches out. I don't see a problem here except butthurt people who can't wait anymore.

It's still a fresh new company that produces their first phone. A phone that seems to be very well thought through. Give those people some rest.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Most of the focus lately seems to be focused on "when will I get my stuff". I'm troubled by most everything aforementioned FOR MONTHS, TOO, but are we asking the right question ? Marketing to any customers is like flying an airplane in that there is one primary rule. The MOST important factor ? KEEP THE AIRSPEED - KEEP THE AIRSPEED - KEEP THE AIRSPEED.

So my question is NO LONGER when I can place or receive an order. That is a proven exercise in futility due to historical factors. My question is, " WHY is there no about to ship-coming soon PRESS to build excitement, push up orders, win over reviewers in the main outlet tech-press: ??? Virtual silence and cautious shipping letters sounds like:

TERRAIN ! TERRAIN ! TERRAIN !!

PULL UP ! PULL UP ! PULL UP !

Right now I believe they will HAVE to lower the price to gain airspeed and recover ROI-ROC on x-number-units of this model WITHOUT the tech-press buzz.

IMO the F(x) Pro Two MAX must be the current company focus after what appears to be a very soon hard landing with the first test plane.

ANY WHIFF of NEGATIVE TECH-PRESS WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE COMPANY KILLER ON TAKEOFF.

Why no real, in my hands, production unit, OMG the performance and software is awesome! really cool product !, you should buy one !! - tech-press ??

I hope I am wrong, but the skies are foreboding, and increasingly turbulent from this window seat keyboard.

Hopefully the first batch is at least 100 units. Based on order number, I made it in the first 100 but I haven't heard anything about shipping despite it being 10/21/2019 now.

I brag about this phone to people but I have no phone to show for it (ashamed...). Looking forward to that update! Hoping for good news? >.>;;;

Hopefully the first batch is at least 100 units. Based on order number, I made it in the first 100 but I haven’t heard anything about shipping despite it being 10/21/2019 now

Shipping starts at 29th october (according to their plans), batches should come every few days.

I expect the batches to be higher, since they told me that even the last orders should get their device in mid-november.

We'll see, but if you also paid early, I'm sure your device will come soon.

Director’s update is expected to be emailed to everyone anytime by the end of this week. It will contain information on the progress that’s been made. Our shipping schedule remains unchanged.

Is this update still going to arrive this week?

Overpromise, underdeliver... the wrong way around.

I also wonder... what are they doing? shouldn't they be excited as well and long for posting an update every day?

Sorry, the update hasn't gone out - I was told by PR it was meant to be emailed last week. We are likely waiting on more updates from Chen who is now back in the factory. We are on track for shipping on the 29th, that is not changing.

Sorry, the update hasn’t gone out – I was told by PR it was meant to be emailed last week. We are likely waiting on more updates from Chen who is now back in the factory. We are on track for shipping on the 29th, that is not changing.

Oh you have a PR person? Do they have a forum account? Maybe they don't know that the forum exist, could you tell them? [/sarcasm]

Hi Liangchen here.

Thanks Erik for giving the heads-up.

I am going back to the factory again this week to make sure everything is on my standard and being shipped as planned. I will post updates to you.

Everything is on track so far and I will bring more good news shortly.

• Like 1

I read EskeRahn's review of the almost final product. Can't say I'm thrilled about stickers covering screw holes on the KB that will likely come off after a couple of months of use nor does that seem premium to me. Uneven KB backlighting seems auper annoying as well and really hope they don't ship like that.

• Confused 1

Good. We're 7 days away from shipping, even though us users are still unsure if that's shipping to the fulfillment centres, or to us. I'm really curious as to why Erik gets told stuff (which he can't wait to share with us) and then gets corrected by a different teammember later (anywhere between a few and some more days). Apparently, if there's a PR, maybe that person needs to give us the updates instead? Because I get the feeling the anger turns to Erik while he can't do anything about it, and that makes me feel bad for him.

Give us that Director's Update, guys. It shouldn't be that much of a deal...

Good. We’re 7 days away from shipping, even though us users are still unsure if that’s shipping to the fulfillment centres, or to us.

This part has already been clarified.

The 29th is when we expect the first batch to leave the fulfilment warehouses on it’s way to our pre-orders.

I read EskeRahn’s review of the almost final product. Can’t say I’m thrilled about stickers covering screw holes on the KB that will likely come off after a couple of months of use nor does that seem premium to me. Uneven KB backlighting seems auper annoying as well and really hope they don’t ship like that.

You have a link to that review? Don't see it anywhere

I read EskeRahn’s review of the almost final product. Can’t say I’m thrilled about stickers covering screw holes on the KB that will likely come off after a couple of months of use nor does that seem premium to me. Uneven KB backlighting seems auper annoying as well and really hope they don’t ship like that.

Well even though this of course is a 'risk' - at the least in theory, I will MUCH rather have these stickers and high repairability, than a device that is hard to service. Remember: Function is key...

Also note that these stickers are inside a 'hole', so it is not that things easily can catch an edge of the stickers and tear them off...

And even if one should be lost, then I'm pretty sure that just about anyone would be able to get any black sticker, and cut a suitable pair... Personally I would go for the stickers used for write protect control of the old floppy disks, that I still got around somewhere.

My 'complaint' was certainly not on the existence of the stickers, but on the surface that could have looked a little more like the surrounding plate

https://eskerahn.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/R1091132_Crop.jpg

But we are talking stickers about 1/8 of a square centimetre(!) - and if we are down to stick-splitting like this as a 'crucial' point, well then they have done an amazingly good job....

...And on the backlight. Please note that I pulled the image down 3EV to make it clearly visible. See how dark the display is... On the image above with more natural settings, you can see that it is not that keys can't be seen, they are just not 100% evenly lit. So more a "slight nuisance" than "super annoying"... But sure it is a thing that I would have preferred more even.

• Like 1

Well even though this of course is a ‘risk’ – at the least in theory, I will MUCH rather have these stickers and high repairability, than a device that is hard to service. Remember: Function is key…

Also note that these stickers are inside a ‘hole’, so it is not that things easily can catch an edge of the stickers and tear them off…

And even if one should be lost, then I’m pretty sure that just about anyone would be able to get any black sticker, and cut a suitable pair… Personally I would go for the stickers used for write protect control of the old floppy disks, that I still got around somewhere.

My ‘complaint’ was certainly not on the existence of the stickers, but on the surface that could have looked a little more like the surrounding plate

https://eskerahn.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/R1091132_Crop.jpg

But we are talking stickers about 1/8 of a square centimetre(!) – and if we are down to stick-splitting like this as a ‘crucial’ point, well then they have done an amazingly good job….

I guess I just feel it was a sloppy last minute "fix" to appease people in the forum that want to service their phones whereas I would have been happy with a quality phone that would last the normal 2 years+ until upgrade. I always take care of my phones and never needed to service one before. Anyway, if that's splitting hairs then I guess that makes me a nit picker but the uneven kb backlighting is something I've personally never had to deal with on a kb phone before and I really hope they don't ship like that.

I guess I just feel it was a sloppy last minute “fix” to appease people in the forum that want to service their phones whereas I would have been happy with a quality phone that would last the normal 2 years+ until upgrade. I always take care of my phones and never needed to service one before. Anyway, if that’s splitting hairs then I guess that makes me a nit picker but the uneven kb backlighting is something I’ve personally never had to deal with on a kb phone before and I really hope they don’t ship like that.

I sure hope for the best case where it will be a smashing success and there will be a Pro2 in say two years, so service is unlikely to be ever needed.

But in a more pessimistic scenario, we have no idea if there will be a version two of the keyboard phone, so it may have to last ten years, until a new startup make a new keyboard phone…

And in the super pessimistic scenario they will close up the business in say a few years so there will be no places to do authorised service, and if so it really matters how easy it is to repair.

• Thanks 1
A tiny sneak peak of devices going through last Q/Cs before an official update goes out:

2019-10-23.jpg

Thank you very very much for this information. For some of "us" tech geeks those updates are much more worth than the fancy social media updates from the last weeks...

keep on!!!

• EskeRahn pinned this topic
  • EskeRahn featured this topic
  • EskeRahn pinned and featured this topic
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic