On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Since shipping is coming near I was wondering if anyone here knows what type of delivery is being used? Which postal service, is the package insured, does it require an autograph on delivery, etc.?

Not sure if this has already been asked/answered anywhere, but it's hard to keep track of all the different forum-topics :)

Why does the phone keep getting more and more expensive? Last time I almost bought it it was around 650€, now it’s almost 730€ or so…

When you're logged in, it shows the price with tax and shipping and the price without when not logged in.

Why does the phone keep getting more and more expensive? Last time I almost bought it it was around 650€, now it’s almost 730€ or so…

650€ was the pre-order price.

Yup, and any pre-orders we made to the old price, and not yet paid, seem to have been cancelled... ;-(

If I do not remember wrong, we were told pre-orders would stand.I had the Scandinavian keyboard, and a spare device in mind.

When you’re logged in, it shows the price with tax and shipping and the price without when not logged in.

Must be country dependant. Here in Denmark I see the same logged in or not: A new price, including tax as usual, but excluding shipping.

[attachment file=40180]

personally I prefer screws over the current "snap together" slathered with tons of glue used by most phones. Easier to disassemble and fix. Function is likely the most important piece that would make or break this device which includes hardware and software.

very much excited for the shipment. I remember I waited for the email and quickly paid for the order so hopefully I'll be up there with the initial shipment. I'm rather glad they made their own phone. I back the moto mod but the Moto Z is now a disappointment with subpar budget phone specs.

Yup, and any pre-orders we made to the old price, and not yet paid, seem to have been cancelled… ;-(

If I do not remember wrong, we were told pre-orders would stand.I had the Scandinavian keyboard, and a spare device in mind.

Yep! I asked for multiple times and hinted that that system will be used against them. I do see it as the right step do cancel the open preorders, but that should have been said when asked. Since we pointed pointed out that the system is flawed I cannot agree with that move. It may even allow to take legal actions against them.

Of course I won't take any legal action against FX. But they should really be cautious. That is not the first time they do not hold onto Information they give: Delivery date on website, price will only increase outside of the EU, cancellation of the preorders.

When the big stress is over and the batches are on there way, they should really sit together and put a statement out, how this has happened and how it will go ahead.

8 hours ago, gogasan said:

I've asked them about it someday via email. They said that they will ship with "Skynet Worldwide Express".

Oh great, instead of choosing a DHL or another respectable company they chose this. In my country their only partner(which will probably handle the package) is not good and there are many negative opinions about it. I heard about often delays from that company. Also, no option to pick up the package in favorable location like other companies and I'm not home when couriers deliver packages. Just great... another thing that makes me lose any faith in Fxtec.

Edited by Gon009
7 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

Oh great, instead of choosing a DHL or another respectable company they chose this. In my country their only partner(which will probably handle the package) is not good and there are many negative opinions about it. I heard about often delays from that company. Also, no option to pick up the package in favorable location like other companies and I'm not home when couriers deliver packages. Just great... another thing that makes me lose any faith in Fxtec.

Skynet Worldwide Express is only used for shipments to one country - Russia. They have the ability to pass packages to established Russian couriers such as Pony Express and others. This ensures our orders arrive in Russia, which is a known destination with customs and courier complications.

For the rest of the globe, we are using either DHL, UPS, FedEx, DPD or Royal Mail.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
30 minutes ago, Erik said:

Skynet Worldwide Express is only used for shipments to one country - Russia. They have the ability to pass packages to established Russian couriers such as Pony Express and others. This ensures our orders arrive in Russia, which is a known destination with customs and courier complications.

For the rest of the globe, we are using either DHL, UPS, FedEx, DPD or Royal Mail.

Thanks for clarification. I was worried that everyone will get inferior service.

Edited by Gon009
On 10/23/2019 at 7:09 PM, Zimeon said:

I'm reading this forum for 4 months or so, waiting for a release, which has often been moved forward month by month. And now finally the release is there and they raise the price. I never found any information about a possible price increase with the release date. I'm disappointed by this. So if i order now I have to wait 6 more weeks and pay 10 percent more. I think I have to wait for a real release and some tests on YouTube. And if delivery time will be shorter than the looooong 6 weeks and the price will remain that high it is time to rethink buying one model. Or waiting for a price drop or an offer on eBay or so....

11 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

It may even allow to take legal actions against them.

Of course I won't take any legal action against FX. .

I am pretty sure that 'legal action' was completely out of the question, I don't think you should even have mentioned this.  It is only possible for a contract of sale.  Unless money has been paid, or goods have been supplied with pre-arranged & signed credit - there is no legal contract of sale.  That's my understanding of UK sale-of-goods regulations.

I sincerely hope you are not going to use Royal Mail for deliveries outside the UK. You will end up with too many complains and lost units. Royal Mail is good domestically but they rely to shitty third parties outside the UK. Also the tracking numbers are meaningless outside the UK. 

Well ... if I knew when the phone arrives, I'd even pay that to get it since I am going to use it for ssh / tty to PC and the likes. My wife wasn't amused I told her the phone became 80 Euro more expensive, but she doesn't mind. It's just that she is not amused by the raise and am not either. She says perhaps we should wait till it becomes cheaper... kinda sad cause I had the phone for less in the basket and suddenly have to pay more now :/

• EskeRahn featured this topic
  • EskeRahn pinned and featured this topic
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic