On the pre-production status

30 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

before throwing all kind of allegations around.

Allegations? Seriously? Even now?

It's more than one case when a non-IGG received the phone. I have an email from fxtech and the say there were some mistakes. As if it's very hard to apply a filter in an xls, to keep it basic IT wise. Just guess-work, you say.

ALL 3 stores, so far, were IGG backers, you say? And not only that there were backers, they've backed a LOT of orders. Really?

C'mon, I've asked for some basic common sense... 

As you've observed, I was "quiet" until recently, but there are limits and facts. If this is the (pre)sale attitude from the fxtec regarding the customers who PAID in advance, I wonder how the aftersale one will be. And I include the stellar communication with us, not only the delays and the "delays". Oh, I forgot, even the "communication" is an assumption, right?

"It sounds more like a long time strategy to have it sold through stores also" you say. When you have this "strategy" and don't give a flying s.it about your paid orders and/or backers, not to mention promises, it's pure greed.

Edited by Val
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Val said:

Allegations? Seriously? Even now?

It's more than one case when a non-IGG received the phone. I have an email from fxtech and the say there were some mistakes. As if it's very hard to apply a filter in an xls, to keep it basic IT wise. Just guess-work, you say.

ALL 3 stores, so far, were IGG backers, you say? And not only that there were backers, they've backed a LOT of orders. Really?

C'mon, I've asked for some basic common sense... 

As you've observed, I was "quiet" until recently, but there are limits and facts. If this is the (pre)sale attitude from the fxtec regarding the customers who PAID in advance, I wonder how the aftersale one will be. And I include the stellar communication with us, not only the delays and the "delays". Oh, I forgot, even the "communication" is an assumption, right?

Well if your 'argumentation' are going to be of the strawman type, not much point in wasting time on it....

And yes they admitted "there were some mistakes". Does that by your definition make them crooks?

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

crooks

Greed, not giving a f.ck, not keeping their word, doesn't make them crooks and I didn't say that, you did. If i didn't know that you've received your phone, I would say that you're making a projection. 😄

On the contrary, I understood a LOT of delays, mistakes, non-communication, you name it, until now and you can check my posts, but there are limits. Re-read my "arguments", as you say, and try to do it with some basic common sense, based on the facts. 

I liked the strawman type part. Lots of "arguments" and "answers" (dis)regarding the facts. Yes, I repeated the word fact, because it's a fact that the phone hit the streets before our addresses. 

PS: later added

Interesting, no more reaction option to my post. I presume that it's a bug or maybe a mistake

Edited by Val
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Val said:

Greed, not giving a f.ck, not keeping their word, doesn't make them crooks and I didn't say that, you did. If i didn't know that you've received your phone, I would say that you're making a projection. 😄

On the contrary, I understood a LOT of delays, mistakes, non-communication, you name it, until now and you can check my posts, but there are limits. Re-read my "arguments", as you say, and try to do it with some basic common sense, based on the facts. 

I liked the strawman type part. Lots of "arguments" and "answers" (dis)regarding the facts. Yes, I repeated the word fact, because it's a fact that the phone hit the streets before our addresses. 

Ok, let me rephrase then:

And yes they admitted "there were some mistakes". Does that by your definition make them greedy?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Ok, let me rephrase then:

And yes they admitted "there were some mistakes". Does that by your definition make them greedy?

A mistake it's a mistake, altough this kind of mistake says a lot. But if you add the later "mistakes", eg the phone hit the streets before our addresses, on top of other mistakes. Yes, that's greed, ups... STRATEGY. You do realize that some of us know businesses of all kinds and maybe it's our day job, right?

If they've admitted, it's no more guess-work? Damn... Talking about allegations...

PS: still the "bug" with no reaction option to my posts, since a little earlier 😄 I'll like yours, maybe the forum fairy will resolve the sudden problem

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Val said:

A mistake it's a mistake, altough this kind of mistake says a lot. But if you add the later "mistakes", eg the phone hit the streets before our addresses, on top of other mistakes. Yes, that's greed, ups... STRATEGY. You do realize that some of us know businesses of all kinds and maybe it's our day job, right?

If they've admitted, it's no more guess-work? Damn... Talking about allegations...

PS: still the "bug" with no reaction option to my posts, since a little earlier 😄 I'll like yours, maybe the forum fairy will resolve the sudden problem

Well no, I do not assume that your day job is a business driven in the bad ways you seems to know so much about.

And you are extrapolating (again). We still do not have an answer from them, so it is yet another assumption/guess from you, classifying it as later "mistakes".

23 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well no, I do not assume that your day job is a business driven in the bad ways you seems to know so much about.

And you are extrapolating (again). We still do not have an answer from them, so it is yet another assumption/guess from you, classifying it as later "mistakes".

Mixed legal, audit, accounting and consulting. I've "seen" a lot of businesses, of all kinds. That's why I choose the word greed and not crooks, as you did in your first post. IGG is full of crooks and Liangchen it's not one of them, as we know already.  

We still do not have an answer as opposed to? The lots of answers we've gotten so far? Superb.

Edited by Val
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

And when you do not have answers, you just do assumptions? Superb.

I have facts:

1. the phone was sent to non IGG backes - a mistake they/you say

2. the phone was sold trough the stores - another mistake"?

Those are assumptions? Maybe that's why some of us choose to buy it, AGAIN, from a third party and cancel the original order. Another assumption, i know. Assumptions everywhere, just from one side. Superb, indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

For a short time I was actually tempted to order with DragonBox (thanks to @EvilDragon for chiming in here, by the way), but my F(x)tec order in September was substantially cheaper and I'm not that desperate that I couldn't wait another few weeks 😉 

I do not see any malevolence on F(x)tec's side, either. Except that things take (much) longer than they were supposed to, nothing so far suggests anything but honest business. 

the problem of fx tec is their communication. they never mentioned these phones going to retailers. instead of this they have been playing with batch nr, batch size, not telling us whether phones left the factory or not, informal update by one of their staff, not in charge of communication, but communicating, providing info which were not implement as stated.

I would have accepted any explanation about production problem, any explanation about contrats with retailers causing difficulties. But instead of this the community received enigma, mixed messages.

So yes heavily disappointed.... I am not going to read any news update anymore

The phone remains a nice product. I will wait for my phone. The community is nice also.

I would not expect any comments from their side or any other exact answer, rather than further charades like contract terms etc. That's a cruel reality, but business partners will always be more important than a single order and there's nothing we can do about it. Yet, that does not change a fact that what they did is just pure meanness. At least they could forbid them to sell the devices until it gets general availability...

Edit: don't You think that the devices available in other shops got sold out put in a pretty long time as for a device with "THAT big" interest? I have a feeling that all the devices were bought by Fx community and TMO. Seems like the rest of the world didn't even notice that there is such device as Pro 1. That does not bode a bright future...

Edited by anonim001
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, anonim001 said:

Edit: don't You think that the devices available in other shops got sold out put in a pretty long time as for a device with "THAT big" interest? I have a feeling that all the devices were bought by Fx community and TMO. Seems like the rest of the world didn't even notice that there is such device as Pro 1. That does not bode a bright future...

Yeah, I also think all of them got bought by people already pre-ordering from F(x)tec but tired of delays. I wouldn't consider it a sign that other people are not interested: the stocks were not available for long (24h? 48h?), that does not give a lot of time for people to find out about the device from those resellers and to make the decision to purchase it.

Edited by Raksura
1 hour ago, anonim001 said:

I would not expect any comments from their side or any other exact answer, rather than further charades like contract terms etc. That's a cruel reality, but business partners will always be more important than a single order and there's nothing we can do about it. Yet, that does not change a fact that what they did is just pure meanness. At least they could forbid them to sell the devices until it gets general availability...

I also think that they were all bought by people who already pre-ordered. This also shows that many people lost trust in Fxtec for delivering phones in reasonable time or even for everyone. Their January prediction is as "good" as all previous ones.

If you look at order numbers, barely any number is a valid one. There are still not even 3k valid orders and we don't know how many of them were unpaid/refunded. For me these numbers are extremely small, I know Fxtec is a startup but we didn't have landscape keyboard for years and BB Key2 sells much better than this. Few days ago there were as high as 45xxx order IDs, I had 22xxx order ID. Guess how much percentage of valid orders IDs there are after my order? Little more than 28% of all valid IDs...

I hoped Pro1 would make landscape keyboard phones be in interest again but it turns out it will be a phone that will be bought only be the most hardcore fans of landscape keyboards and the rest will be demotivated seeing what Fxtec is doing. In 2020 when it hits general availability(I guess Q2)  Pro1 price will be just too high for the hardware it gives for anyone not being fanatical in landscape keyboards so I don't predict many sales after it hits general availability. Sudden price bump to over 700 euro can be huge reason for people not to buy the phone now. However when it comes to prices, after that bump the price of Pro1 in Poland was over 800 euros and I needed to send support two emails to make them drop it to match other EU countries. It's like Fxtec didn't care that much about that error which could make people just skip the phone entirely seeing that price.

Edited by Gon009

It's not just trust. Why should I wait longer and even pay slightly more just to get it from fxtec if I can pay a bit less and get it sooner? I have been billed 7xx-something Euro for the phone that I still wait for. Since that's not the preorder price - why should I wait? So I cancelled the order (didn't get a reply from fxtec yet though).

I am finally accepting reality.

After two weeks without telephony on my personal smart phone I accepted the fact that I will not have my Pro 1 before the holidays.

So I took out the screw driver and soldering iron and fixed my two Photon Qs with broken solder joints.

I had the feeling that back in the days my hands were more steady though.

Nevertheless I am back in business.

Which gives the perfect opportunity to give a big thank you to @CornholioGSM for what he did for the keyboard loving community.

The past years in my life would have been miserable without you.

But let's look into the future and let me share my guesstimates with you:

When we had the first news about assembly times I extrapolated that a bit.

4-5h hours assembly of one phone. Pictures of a factory which did not look so large, so maybe 50 workers.

That means they will be able to produce 100 units per day.

10k preorders before it is my turn (I am at 10XXX). That means around 20 weeks waiting time for me.

That sums up to about 5 month.

Latest news seem to confirm my guess: every 2weeks one batch; component boxes for one batch estimated to be for 1000 units; every batch supposed to cover 10% of preorders ...

The latest opportunity to claim the money back from paypal is in January.

So I will continue to be patient for a while and hope that my guess was wrong.

Edited by S-I-M-O-N
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Billing 700€ for a device based on a 3 year old chipset is just craziness... I'm not expecting great success here and going to buy the spare parts ASAP (2 USB-C boards and one screen). To be honest now I probably would not pay even the 650€ - the device was half a year younger when the hype was high, which in mobile world is a lot.

Edited by anonim001

We want to explain why a very small number of retailers have the Pro1.

Firstly, they have approached us since we first announced Pro1 at MWC in Feb and we've been in discussions with them since. They have also promised to help with success of the Pro1 in the market place which is important for us. We have only given them a much smaller number of units than they asked for because of all the customer pre-orders. Our pre-orders are our most important customers. For us to be a strong company for you, we also have to build a sustainable business and if we turned those retailers away we would have lost their business going forwards.

Our priority is getting devices to our pre order customers, this has not changed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
3 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Contact support (you must go over that stupid bot), did you choose your company address?

Already called. It was my private address, and the flat number was missing. Support was surprised that the package came to Poland, because everywhere was selected "Great Britain" as destination country. The delivery is re-scheduled to tomorrow 😞 well, I'll just have to wait for another day... better than end of January, but still. "You had one job"

With the amount of extra load on logistics companies around Christmas, I would be surprised if they kept their promised delivery dates. I'd say do the IT projects' estimation game and add 50% over anything they promise :)

It's ridiculous, but that's the reality. They can't double their staff headcounts just for December, it's not that easy.

Edited by Krzysieq