On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, cmar said:

Should we not check first what is meant by pre order? up to 31st July? or end of September? 

I think the last we heard about that (this was a couple of months ago I think), any order before general availability is a pre-order. So technically the numbers could still shift dramatically if a lot of people pre-ordered today. I'd assume it was 70% of all pre-orders at the time they posted, and not some time last year.

• Thanks 2
57 minutes ago, cmar said:

Should we not check first what is meant by pre order? up to 31st July? or end of September? 

I guess it was in November that I've been told here in the forums that every order before general availability, which, as I seem to understand, still isn't there yet, qualified as a pre-order with regard to the still-ongoing processing of manufacturing and shipping, including mine, which is #36xxx, submitted on September 20, and was already filed as 'order', not 'pre-order'. I would guess, though, that a device ordered today wouldn't really qualify as a pre-order anymore, or would it? So they would have had to draw a line somewhere between September and January for what is a pre-order and what isn't, but we don't know exactly where that was?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

general availability, which, as I seem to understand, still isn't there yet

It's not. That should be when there's enough stock that you can order a device and have it shipped from available stock.

was already filed as 'order', not 'pre-order'.

That's the ordering system being a bit wonky. It considers something a pre-order if it's not paid yet, and an order when it's paid. Also technically correct I guess to the company.

I would guess, though, that a device ordered today wouldn't really qualify as a pre-order anymore, or would it?

It would, according to all known current information. It's all semantics though, but I don't see why they would change that definition for this estimation. I'd guess it also doesn't matter that much, since I think most pre-orders were made before August.

So they would have had to draw a line somewhere between September and January for what is a pre-order and what isn't, but we don't know exactly where that was?

So this doesn't apply, that line still hasn't been reached yet. But yeah, it's a bit of a fuzzy line. I think they'll make it very obvious when that line's been reached though.

14 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Sooo...any info on those tracking details that are supposed to come today?

While the afternoon is indeed ending in Hong Kong, it's still the morning in the EU (and the UK). Depending on who sends the notifications, we might still have to wait for 10 hours or so before their work day is over.

Also, come on, it's F(x)tec we're talking about here. There should still be at least a small 24h delay, to stay on brand. :classic_tongue:

Edited by Raksura
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

Me, preorder 47xx (qwertY to Germany) from February 27th 2019 (NO coupon etc..) just (11:43 UTC) got the stock assigned email.
"We will be back in touch with your tracking details shortly." it says...

(Order information on "my account" has not changed yet though...)

OMG ME TOO! preorder 1008x (with MotoMod IGG Coupon) QWERTY to USA.

• Like 1
Just now, agent008 said:

DAMN! No email and I'm #15XXX. 

No order assigned email. Not even an update email... WHY OH WHY???

😪

I don't think you should start panicking before a few hours. The emails don't appear to all have been sent exactly at the same time (maybe to avoid spam filters?).

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Raksura said:

I don't think you should start panicking before a few hours. The emails don't appear to all have been sent exactly at the same time (maybe to avoid spam filters?).

Right. Also it may worth looking at Spam folder as service providers are not really like to receive mass e-mails spread on their user accounts (and that is one reason that F(x)tec is not sending all e-mails at the same time).

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Raksura said:

Indeed, and remember that the order number has no direct influence, the payment date has. I saw in the other thread one that has paid as late as August 19th had got a stock assigned.