On the pre-production status

On 1/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, Rob. S. said:

I guess it was in November that I've been told here in the forums that every order before general availability, which, as I seem to understand, still isn't there yet, qualified as a pre-order with regard to the still-ongoing processing of manufacturing and shipping, including mine, which is #36xxx, submitted on September 20, and was already filed as 'order', not 'pre-order'. I would guess, though, that a device ordered today wouldn't really qualify as a pre-order anymore, or would it? So they would have had to draw a line somewhere between September and January for what is a pre-order and what isn't, but we don't know exactly where that was?

From what has been mentioned here, the latest pre-orders to have been assigned stock so far are from around July/August – now it begins to look more like my September order indeed was an order and no pre-order?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Cross-posting from the "did you get an email" thread, but with a bit more detail here:

Order #64xx, (Pre-order confirmed Feb 28, 2019). IGG backer since March 2017.
QWERTY, USA
Received "payment needed" email July 31st, 07:26. Paid by card July 31st, 10:49.

I just received my "stock assigned" email at 04:43, so about 8 hrs ago.  (All times UTC-7)
It's been a long ride, but there's finally some light at the end of the tunnel.  Good thing too: my MOTO Z2 Play that I purchased to go along with the MotoMod back in 2017 is starting to seriously show its age.

• Like 1

To repeat myself... 

551* - paid July 31st 1phone

2389* - paid August 2nd 3phones

Received stock assignment today. I assume just for the (first) one. If only the other assignments would also arrive three days later... More likely at least a month later. Shame, two of them would make ideal birthday presents. 

Edited by DieBruine
1 hour ago, qwertyrocks said:

Order 14XXX, USA , non-IGG, QWERTY. Similar to  vasilii.rasskazov

order placed early May.

Received payment email on August 1st.

I was a slacker and paid on August 13th 🙂

I just received my "stock assigned" email. Don't give up now my friend!

So from the other thread we got USA August 13th, Germany August 15th, Holland August 20th, so the limit can not be before that for those countries. 😊

So at the least for some countries the limit is well beyond immediate pays.

But on the other hand we got one here that got a mail telling he is NOT in the batch, though paying on August 2nd. Switzerland.

So for at the least one country the limit is very close to the send of the mass mail. I guess that would happen if there are few/no later orders for that country.

😥

ADD: As pointed out  by @Joakim below, qwertY/qwertZ also enter into the equation...

• Like 2

I received a payment request on 2nd of August for my June 25 preorder (Paid straight after the notification was received). I have not received stock assigned notification. Might be because it's QWERTZ, hard to know.

I guess I'm still waiting for some time.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

But on the other hand we got one here that got a mail telling he is NOT in the batch, though paying on August 2nd. (Country not mentioned)

France, paid on Thu, 1 Aug 2019 06:06:37 (GMT), not part of the batch (although I didn't get confirmation of that), so RIP non-existent other French non-IGG people on the waiting list. 😆

Basically, if your country has not a lot of people that speak English and/or if your usual keyboard layout is nowhere close to either QWERTY or QWERTZ, you are in a very bad spot.

Edited by Raksura
11 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

But on the other hand we got one here that got a mail telling he is NOT in the batch, though paying on August 2nd. (Country not mentioned)

This is Switzerland. Paid within two hours... Thanks fxtex for changing your rules last week

Edited by Guest

Order #235xx QWERTZ (Germany) paid on August 5th and still nothing...

I can't believe how this company can write on January 13th that all pre orders will be shipped in January and three days later it's only 70%?

Edited by nanohcv
7 minutes ago, Joakim said:

I received a payment request on 2nd of August for my June 25 preorder (Paid straight after the notification was received). I have not received stock assigned notification. Might be because it's QWERTZ, hard to know.

I guess I'm still waiting for some time.

I have not heard any mentioning on the qwerty/qwertz ratio in this batch, though both are present among the non-IGG-coupon orders reported in the other thread, But you are absolutely right, that adds a level of complexity extra to the whole thing.

• Like 1

I fear payment day doesn't mean much either.

If a few people paid on July 31st and nobody (in their country) ordered a device after them (which is very probable in small countries), then some will receive a device and others won't, no matter of they paid it early. The country factor can make things very unfair. But it sure will work out in bigger countries.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

The country factor can make things very unfair. But it sure will work out in bigger countries.

I am unclear on when it won't make things unfair. Is about the timezone, meaning that some people would have been awake on time to pay immediately and others would not? If so, congrats on making it much, much, much worse, since now you can pay months later and get it earlier.

Edited by Raksura
7 minutes ago, cmar said:

This is Switzerland. Paid within two hours... Thanks fxtex for changing your rules last week

The adjustment they made to counter for timezone differences, obviously had its drawbacks. 😢

As it is a complication in their end, I guess that have outweighed the pros and cons before deciding adding this. I'm not going to defend nor scold them for it. But sad for you of course.

Note that it is not the two hours in it self that matters, if the other Swiss orders had substantially lower order numbers, they will have received their payment mails earlier, Some report that they got mail and paid on July 31. So If too few have paid after you, you are pushed to the remaining about 30% group, even though you were a fast payer.

26 minutes ago, Raksura said:

France, paid on Thu, 1 Aug 2019 06:06:37 (GMT), not part of the batch (although I didn't get confirmation of that), so RIP non-existent other French non-IGG people on the waiting list. 😆

Basically, if your country has not a lot of people that speak English and/or if your usual keyboard layout is nowhere close to either QWERTY or QWERTZ, you are in a very bad spot.

In the same boat, order number 57xx, paid the 1st of august, France, no igg coupon. No email yet.

I did't have the igg coupon because I got the moto-mod, but the moto z I've put on it died long ago...

6 minutes ago, Raksura said:

I am unclear on when it won't make things unfair. Is about the timezone, meaning that some people would have been awake on time to pay immediately and others would not? If so, congrats on making it much, much, much worse, since now you can pay months later and get it earlier.

My GUESS is that someone came up with this scheme in a hurry, when they realized they could not do all in time before CNY after all. And though it might seem like a good plan IF you assume even distribution of everything, it WILL give odd 'sparks' in countries with few orders or an unusual distribution over time. That could either result in late paid orders being included in some countries, or the contrary early paid orders not to be included in others. As these fluctuations are likely to affect countries with few orders the most, the number of people affected should be low - but that does not make it less annoying for the individuals caught by it off course.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, rtuz2th said:

There is a valid point about the Qwertz thing. Order ID 116xx, received payment mail July 1st 09:56 local time, received payment accepted mail 10:32 the same day. IGG Backer but still no stock assigned, I'm waiting for a Qwertz unit, too.

I think if you are IGG backer then you should have a stock assigned mail sooner or later this batch.

Maybe they have not finished sending out mails yet or it may have landed in spam folder of your inbox.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

My GUESS is that someone came up with this scheme in a hurry, when they realized they could not do all in time before CNY after all. And though it might seem like a good plan IF you assume even distribution of everything, it WILL give odd 'sparks' in countries with few orders or an unusual distribution over time. That could either result in late paid orders being included in some countries, or the contrary early paid orders not to be included in others. As these fluctuations are likely to affect countries with few orders the most, the number of people affected should be low - but that does not make it less annoying for the individuals caught by it off course.

Yup, and so the nice thing to do would have to not apply this rule in places where you got very few orders. Too complicated for something they don't care about? Fine. For it not to be yet another slap in the face, they could simply have told us right from the start that this was the ordering strategy. Why would anyone hide this?

43 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Some received payment request on 31st July, some on August 2nd (like me). This has nothing to do with timezone.

Fxtech would have therefore to take this into consideration to calculate the speed of payment.... Not sure they did that.

Anyway. They change again the rules of the game last week (adding the nr of orders within a country). These changes have been a constant pattern with them. You just cannot trust their communication.

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, cmar said:

Some received payment request on 31st July, some on August 2nd (like me).

Fxtech would have therefore to take this into consideration to calculate the speed of payment.... Not sure they did that.

I placed my pre-order 28th February 2019. Received mail 31.07. and payed 1st of August. #59xx and got my mail this morning...

• Like 2

Hi everybody!

Have been lurking on this thread for quite a while... waiting has been and still is an exercise in patience it seems 🙂

Just to add a little bit of my info to the order statistics for which I also did not yet receive a "stock assigned" email.

• #23xxx
  • ordered: July 26th
  • paid: August 2nd
  • county: Netherlands/Holland
  • no coupon
  • QWERTY

What I'm going to say next is supposed to sound crazy 🙃 but I'm not joking; "I thank FXtec for being so open in their communication."

It was dangerously open though as it triggered false hope many times. But it did also give a little bit of insight in what it takes to produce an unique mobile phone like the Pro1. I do appreciate the extra info!

It is also good to see such an involved community which hopefully.. is beneficial to longer software support than normal mobile phones.

cheers,

Ben

Edited by BountyBandit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, cmar said:

Some received payment request on 31st July, some on August 2nd (like me). This has nothing to do with timezone.

Now THAT was on purpose! Mails were sent based on order numbers to give early orders a chance to pay before LATE orders, so that part worked as planned.

like everything else, this is also just an assumption.

From a business point of view the formula makes total sense. If you take into account, that the preorders show the average interest of a country in such a product, you want to let other people see it there in real life. Like this you probably could get the biggest marketing effect to get people know the device as fast as possible before it gets outdated.

Btw what are you guys doing with your phones, that they are dying so fast? 😅 I still have a Moto Z Play bought at the beginning of the Indiegogo campagne and it's still fine.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kabbone said:

Btw what are you guys doing with your phones, that they are dying so fast? 😅 I still have a Moto Z Play bought at the beginning of the Indiegogo campagne and it's still fine.

Being a bit evil I would say they are charging them too fast, or charging while hot. Both are great ways to kill batteries and get poor stamina on your device..... My old BB Priv can still last VERY long on a charge. Is currently testing, it is 'down' to 56% left after 10 days idle with WiFi On (no sim though)

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, B.X said:

Hi everyone!

Adding my info to the order statistics.  I also received a "stock assigned" email this morning.

• #5400 (150th pre-order placed)
  • Ordered: Febuary 28th 01:13:38 GMT
  • Paid: July 31st 15:06:45 GMT
  • Stock assigned January 20th 11:43:18 GMT
  • County: US
  • No IGG coupon
  • QWERTY

How do you know it was the 150th pre-order placed?  Is that done by querying the API they are using in WordPress?

And if you can map order number to true pre-order count, would you be able to take the highest pre-order number and find out how many phones were ordered?

Edited by david