On the pre-production status

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

...If you pull out a Pro1, flip it open and starts typing the customers stuff during a meeting, it sure looks a lot more proffesional, than if you pull a plastic BT keyboard from one pocket and a budget phone from the other.

I have to agree here - even when You are poor, just searching for a job as, let's say, sales manager, using professional tools during the interview can give You a good first impression, which is very important. I myself bought me the PRIV for this purpose (not only of course, and it was back in the days when it was considered modern and very professional). It can be seen as a sort of investment.

Edited by anonim001
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

I hate throwing fuel into the fire, but I do have to question what ever happened to this third batch or whatever you want to call it. 
While they keep being silent about our units, the DragonBox Shop has confirmed they received their shipment of QWERTZ devices.

DragonBox Shop customers (earliest possible order date November 12th) are going to receive their units before QWERTZ IGG backers. 
This is not cool. Was that shipment sent at the same time as our devices? Fair enough, but why the heck is not there not single peep about them now? Where are they?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, A Dude said:

mine is still fine - but too slow and too little RAM 😞

otherwise - to date: by FAR the best smartphone ever! Touch, Pen, Keyboard, TV out, FM receiver AND sender, SDslot, headphone jack, stereo speakers, camera cover, built-in stand,... list goes on and on and on... Damn you, Stephen Elop

I am still using N900 with Mugen battery. Initially I was not very happy with the power consumption until I got the Mugen batery.

Mine is the personal device given to Nokia employees in the project. I worked with the MMC support. There was one stubborn bug which kept sometimes crashing the driver when battery cover was removed. Culprit was an error path with an uninitialized array that had never been tested before us.

As a guy who pre-ordered, paid when asked in the summer, has asked nicely for an update from Ftex support last week, and got no answer, and then hears this type of news,  we are being taken ‘for a ride”. What is happening isn’t right, and is creating Ill feeling at best. Ask ourselves, is it acceptable to pay for something in advance, and have the shipping date changed many times over many months. I can’t think of many other situations when I buy something but it never gets delivered.

I am going to ask for a return of my money and if I don’t  get promptly will take legal action.

A pissed off pre order customer 

• Sad 1

Question - have any US-based customers received their pre-order post "customs made us give up and ship directly"? If so, did you have to pay any extra customs costs? The US has stopped some tariffs intended to take effect on China (does HK being a SAR put them out of scope for those tariffs in this case?), trying to see if that helps us not have to cough up an additional $xxx fee.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, kontakt said:

I'm tempted to just order one. 15 left in stock ...

Just ordered one, thanks. I also asked whether they really have it in stock. Will keep you posted. If I get this one earlier, I will cancel my order at fxtec since I only need one device.

Just now, divstar said:

Just ordered one, thanks. I also asked whether they really have it in stock. Will keep you posted. If I get this one earlier, I will cancel my order at fxtec since I only need one device.

Looking at the product page  it looks like the availability starts on Dec 24. Also, note the stock count: and then there were 14....

image.thumb.png.dccebed50fef19c70565bcb27513f071.png

22 minutes ago, Maplesteel said:

Looking at the product page  it looks like the availability starts on Dec 24. Also, note the stock count: and then there were 14....

image.thumb.png.dccebed50fef19c70565bcb27513f071.png

I bought one so it went to 14. Honestly it even ships from Germany and is cheaper than ordering from fxtec (by 15 Euro) - 721 vs 736 I believe. So if it arrives earlier, I'll cancel the fxtec-order.

Also I can imagine them getting their stock before the usual orders because imagine someone cancelling 1 order vs e.g. 15... so I am hoping for the best.

Edited by divstar

CMIIW. For me, the most disappointing thing is they didn't process the order by the priority (IG coupon) and order number. How come some higher number orders got their phone but many lower number ones didn't.

I'm not jealous to people who got their device, but this just makes uncertainty to my order or maybe many others. Will my order be in next batch, will it be in next next one or maybe last batch.

Or worse, it's been months are there still any batches next, and so on.

If they proceed in sequential order, I still can be patiently wait with having less bad thoughts.

• Like 1

Clove Technology has also devices in stock If someone wants to buy QWERTY version. They updated the stock level yesterday like DragonBox. I believe that the 2nd batch to EU included these units.

https://www.clove.co.uk/products/fxtec-pro1?variant=20904891482171

Edited by FlyingAntero
41 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Clove Technology has also devices in stock If someone wants to buy QWERTY version. They updated the stock level yesterday like DragonBox.

Maybe they were IGG backers #1 and #2 😄

@fxtec Seriously? How about the real IGG backers?!? We've supported you for how many months, soon to be years? This has nothing to do with production, logistics and such, but with a simple promise. Simple as a man's word.

• Sad 1

And digitec.ch says 9 - 11 days if you order now, with 5 units ordered from the manufacturer.

Didn't quite hit me at first, but it has kind of sunken in now. What the hell, F(x)tec? I will not cancel my order as I still want a keyboard slider, would lose the value of my IGG coupon and overall won't get away any cheaper elsewhere.
But for sure I will never pre-order anything from you again. It clearly leaves me in a worse spot than anyone else, even when "prioritized". I can stomach and excuse a lot of things, but this was 100% avoidable.

Conspiracy theory time: The shipment that went out around the 6th or something only contained devices for the retailers that now have them available from stock.
That's the only thing that comes to mind explaining how there's no stock assignments and you act like you don't know where the shipment is. Surely that thing is tracked and you should be able to find out within a week, right?

I'm not even sure if I'm genuinely mad or not. Getting opposite signals from the device itself vs. how the rest of this is handled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Val said:

@fxtec Seriously? How about the real IGG backers?!? We've supported you for how many months, soon to be years? This has nothing to do with production, logistics and such, but with a simple promise. Simple as a man's word.

Looks like they are making good on their promise that phones will be available for public purchase by Christmas. 😀

Edited by Polaris
  • Haha 3
47 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

I will not cancel my order as I still want a keyboard slider, would lose the value of my IGG coupon and overall won't get away any cheaper elsewhere.

I am wondering if I should buy one unit from a retailer and then just try to sell the unit from F(x)tec with retailer's price later 🤔.

2 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Clove Technology has also devices in stock If someone wants to buy QWERTY version. They updated the stock level yesterday like DragonBox. I believe that the 2nd batch to EU included these units.

https://www.clove.co.uk/products/fxtec-pro1?variant=20904891482171

Wait so I can order one of these and cancel my pre-order AND it will actually arrive to me by fxtec's overly optimistic "by end of January" guesstimate AND the total cost won't be much more than what I originally paid for my pre-order? That sounds too good to be true!

Edited by magicafternoon

So what was this message from Erik???

"I am not posting this in the main news thread as this is a relatively tiny update.

EU stock arrived in the warehouse today. We are just waiting on the warehouse to ship them out now. Tracking will be sent any minute today, or on Monday if the warehouse is too busy.

>>> I have not seen any forum member receiving tracking number for their quertz from the 3rd batch, maybe 1

>>> How big was this 3rd batch and where did it go?

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Val said:

This isn't really new, support also offered to jump the queue when I told them I wanted a refund (no IGG and late pre-order). So I think the people without IGG who received a unit "by accident" might have been prioritized that way. TBH it kinda makes sense anyway... if they have cash flow problems, getting new orders might make the difference between you getting a unit or not getting a unit at all. And more customers is better for the long term support (does anyone know what android security patch level is on the pro1 right now?)

24 minutes ago, cmar said:

So what was this message from Erik???

"I am not posting this in the main news thread as this is a relatively tiny update.

EU stock arrived in the warehouse today. We are just waiting on the warehouse to ship them out now. Tracking will be sent any minute today, or on Monday if the warehouse is too busy.

>>> I have not seen any forum member receiving tracking number for their quertz from the 3rd batch, maybe 1

>>> How big was this 3rd batch and where did it go?

That part of the update was about 2nd batch. 3rd batch is not delivered yet and people have not received any stock assignment mails from that batch. 3rd batch should include more QWERTZ devices.

Post from Erik:

The EU stock from the 2nd batch is also in transit and it's due to arrive in our UK-based warehouse early next week for all of those who received their stock assigned notices. There are slightly less EU devices with the 2nd batch, as the 2nd batch is compensating for the still stuck 1st US batch.

Our 3rd batch is leaving the factory this week on its way to our Hong Kong logistics hub, and I expect that customers from the 3rd batch will receive their stock assigned letters early next week. This new batch will have more EU QWERTZ devices, even though that won't cover all of our QWERTZ pre-orders just yet.

11 minutes ago, kthxbye said:

This isn't really new, support also offered to jump the queue when I told them I wanted a refund (no IGG and late pre-order). So I think the people without IGG who received a unit "by accident" might have been prioritized that way. TBH it kinda makes sense anyway... if they have cash flow problems, getting new orders might make the difference between you getting a unit or not getting a unit at all. And more customers is better for the long term support (does anyone know what android security patch level is on the pro1 right now?)

My phone is currently somewhere in the 8th sphere of parcel hell (thanks ups). But I can assure you that I haven't contacted support in anyway to jump the queue.
There must be other issues.

I in fact did not contact the support at all.

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

That part of the update was about 2nd batch. 3rd batch is not delivered yet and people have not received any stock assignment mails from that batch. 3rd batch should include more QWERTZ devices.

FlyingAntero, you seem to always some more info. Can you answer this one? Has the 3rd batch left at all the factory?