Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Odd I have been using MTP only from day one, never had an issue, and I see both internal and SD (if I give it an SD card)

Could it be some of the protocol issues with the above 32GB cards you have talked about in other threads that are teasing you here also?

There COULD be some limitations in MTP perhaps ???

I will try it on another computer.  Glad to see that someone has MTP working.  Do you see both for PTP?

I let the phone format it for FAT32, so I doubt that is it.  Anything is possible though.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, david said:

I will try it on another computer.  Glad to see that someone has MTP working.  Do you see both for PTP?

I let the phone format it for FAT32, so I doubt that is it.  Anything is possible though.

I'm not quite sure how I would tell android to present a picture folder on the SD as a picture folder via PTP.
It could be a matter of how it is Installed, I selected "For transferring photos and media" on first boot after install.
There seem to be no clean way to regret that, even ejecting, physically removing and booting before reinsert and boot.

2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I'm not quite sure how I would tell android to present a picture folder on the SD as a picture folder via PTP.
It could be a matter of how it is Installed, I selected "For transferring photos and media" on first boot after install.
There seem to be no clean way to regret that, even ejecting, physically removing and booting before reinsert and boot.

I believe that choice is just for whether you want it to treat it as the combined internal and external storage or if you want to treat it as fully external.  I installed it the same way.

As for the PTP, I was surprised when I did see the SD card through PTP.  I'll have to test on my old phone, but I didn't think it showed the SD card in that mode.  It is possible it only shows certain folders that are marked as media folders.  It is possible that my non-OTA'd phone just has some bugs that have been worked out in the meantime.  I'll report back later after more testing in the coming days.

Neither of the shift keys for symbols work anymore. They used to, but not anymore. I can't use any of the yellow symbols on the keyboard right now.

Edit: I got them working again. I set up the wrong layout for the keyboard. Does anyone what layout to set it to for a QWERTY? Or is standard fine?

Edited by stijnmaas
update on issue
10 minutes ago, stijnmaas said:

Edit: I got them working again. I set up the wrong layout for the keyboard. Does anyone what layout to set it to for a QWERTY? Or is standard fine?

Default, with no boxes checked.

I also found that network sensitivity is quite terrible with this phone. When I am travelling to work there are a couple spots on the train line where I was usually losing network on my Moto Z. With Pro1 it was almost impossible to stay connected for the majority of the trip. 😞

Maybe, the antennas are getting some interference or something.

I also found that I cannot pair my watch with Pro1, which is devastating for me 😞

hey peeps, been loving my pro1 so far, but I noticed upon initial setup I logged 3 fingerprints; my index, middle, and thumb in that order. Now I restarted the phone and only ONE fingerprint shows up registered, which happens to be my right index finger, the first one I setup. Not sure if this is a known bug or just me.

4 minutes ago, Kzin said:

Have noticed that in landscape, pulling down all the way from the top results in the settings icon being off the bottom of the screen, you have to close the keyboard to use it.

Could this pull down be wider in Landscape?

No need to adjust things, if you press the edge of the screen right at the very bottom (it's not too hard to do or anything) it will click the settings icon so you can still easily get to it. The "button" for it is bigger than the icon basically.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kzin said:

Have noticed that in landscape, pulling down all the way from the top results in the settings icon being off the bottom of the screen, you have to close the keyboard to use it.

Could this pull down be wider in Landscape?

Agreed:

1 hour ago, kartspeedster said:

No need to adjust things, if you press the edge of the screen right at the very bottom (it's not too hard to do or anything) it will click the settings icon so you can still easily get to it. The "button" for it is bigger than the icon basically.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was wondering about that too. But it would be nice if there you could see the settings icon in landscape anyway...

Hello!

Loving the Pro1, but has anyone found that when talking on the phone, the speaker cuts out unless the phone is held firmly closed?  If it "falls open" even a little bit, the audio turns off!

To work around this, I often use speakerphone, which does not have the same problem.

EDIT: This doesn't happen 100% of the time. I have observed the ear speaker working when the keyboard slider is open.

Edited by peter.s.fidelman
4 hours ago, evozero said:

sometimes the kb will suddenly input many characters when i just press once. e.g. bbbbbbbbbb

btw, am using swiftkey, instead of default gboard. using swiftkey as it provides predictive text...

I had the same issue when I had Button Mapper installed.
Maybe a similar application is installed at your side - so it can be any programs which look your keypress events.
Maybe try to uninstall Swiftkey or maybe something related to keyboard to see what solves this behaviour.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:54 PM, david said:

the phone doesn't retain the USB Preference after the connection is disconnected, so you have to re-set it every time you plug it in.

I believe this is by design and Android default.  So if you plug into random cable to charge somewhere, the other end doesn't get get access to your files.    Although I agree its annoying.  That's why I use ftp server on phone and just use wifi to transfer stuff.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I believe this is by design and Android default.  So if you plug into random cable to charge somewhere, the other end doesn't get get access to your files.    Although I agree its annoying.  That's why I use ftp server on phone and just use wifi to transfer stuff.

It handles that use case by asking you to trust the computer you are connecting to.

However, I did find out that there is another setting in the developer options for remembering the USB preference.  So it might be that google messed this up (changed it to forget on purpose), but allowed a work-around for those people who enable the developer options.

6 hours ago, Kzin said:

After one day of use the sticker on the back is unreadable, I cannot tell what my serial number is now.

I suspected it was subject to wear, and it's a major blemish on a surprisingly elegant design. I believe all the information is available in various menus, is there a downside to removing the sticker entirely?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, ermghoti said:

I suspected it was subject to wear, and it's a major blemish on a surprisingly elegant design. I believe all the information is available in various menus, is there a downside to removing the sticker entirely?

I would remove such a sticker as soon as my device is up and running and put it on the box – if for some reason the info is not mirrored on the box anyway.

• Thanks 3
7 hours ago, Craig said:

I thought (although probably wrong) that only happened when you enable adb debugging and was for adb access, not for mtp...

I'm not sure what adb debugging is.  I get it when i enable usb debugging and then connect to the computer with usb.

• Erik unpinned this topic