On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Craig said:

Stupid me. Was thinking about the other kind of tablet. Those you take in your mouth and swallow ie. medicines 🤣😂🤣 Talk about the kind of product that would be groundbreaking! How much nanotechnology would have to be involved into a face-recognising PILL? Think I let my imagination run a little bit wilder than I should have. And also gave it little thought, after all there's another kind of tablet around for ages now, which would fit into the description and make so much more sense.

But, are they serious with this product? No joke, or former April's fool page? I haven't visited fxtec's homepage in ages. After the order pretty much started hanging around the forum only.... LOL

Edited by agent008
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Tsunero said:

@Craig

What the heck LOL. Guess they are trying to turn these horrible times into something profitable. Well I don't mind it as long as it keeps the phone afloat.

I agree. There's a saying around here - While many are crying, some are selling tissues.

And this is the kind of product that will be useful for companies not only during the pandemic - our world will be changed forever after Covid-19. Expect to see such contraptions in airports, government offices and facilities, factories, offices, etc.

• Like 1

So, after 18 months in total I have all the phones. And to be fair, the additional phones took 12 months for delivery.
But, now I know for sure that my first phone is defect. USB C  video does not work, nor has it ever. Pfffffff, so now I have to contact support and send it back to FxTec support. Which means I will have to go back to an old phone for I don't know how long.

First the screen stopped working and now it's a fact the USB C video out isn't working. It never worked by the way. One of the fist things I tried was plug it into my monitor and PicoPix. It didn't work. I just plugged in the newly received phones, et voilá, Houston we have lift off..... Aaaaaargh 🤬.

I have to say, up until now FxTec support has been great.

• Sad 2
40 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

So, after 18 months in total I have all the phones. And to be fair, the additional phones took 12 months for delivery.
But, now I know for sure that my first phone is defect. USB C  video does not work, nor has it ever. Pfffffff, so now I have to contact support and send it back to FxTec support. Which means I will have to go back to an old phone for I don't know how long.

First the screen stopped working and now it's a fact the USB C video out isn't working. It never worked by the way. One of the fist things I tried was plug it into my monitor and PicoPix. It didn't work. I just plugged in the newly received phones, et voilá, Houston we have lift off..... Aaaaaargh 🤬.

I have to say, up until now FxTec support has been great.

Just a check, before sending back. As I understand it some units were sent out with incorrect firmware, Can you confirm that you are on the 2020707 version? And if you did not do it already, try a factory reset wiping everything. Just to make sure that it is a hardware failure and not because it has been delivered with wrong firmware/software.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure. 20200707 was installed on the 9th of July I think. I went to LOS two or three weeks ago. So that was after 20200707.
Besides, there was a topic about video out from ages ago. Everyone in there had video out, everyone but me. This is my first phone. Delivered back in February I think. Went through all the updates and several resets and LOS, stock, LOS.

And another thing.... This is one of the new phones below. Upper left corner is black. Now I have two phones that can go back 🙄😒😡

IMG_20200812_173012.jpg

Edit:

I have to send them my phone in regards to my USB C  video out not working. And, they will send me a new screen to fix the one in the picture. So, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope my phone returns soon.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Sad 1
On 8/13/2020 at 12:06 AM, DieBruine said:

Yeah I'm sure. 20200707 was installed on the 9th of July I think. I went to LOS two or three weeks ago. So that was after 20200707.
Besides, there was a topic about video out from ages ago. Everyone in there had video out, everyone but me. This is my first phone. Delivered back in February I think. Went through all the updates and several resets and LOS, stock, LOS.

And another thing.... This is one of the new phones below. Upper left corner is black. Now I have two phones that can go back 🙄😒😡

IMG_20200812_173012.jpg

Edit:

I have to send them my phone in regards to my USB C  video out not working. And, they will send me a new screen to fix the one in the picture. So, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope my phone returns soon.

That small black i also have...but touch and other things are working fine...till. OTG also not working...

Edited by Bruce Wayne
On 8/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, CornholioGSM said:

...i have this small display error on my phone too...on bottom left corner 😞

Did you contact them? FxTEc is sending me a replacement screen and asking me to send the current back to them for investigation.
I am anxiously awaiting the replacement screen so I can bundle that with my own phone and send it back (video out not working on mine).

By the way, were you still using Photon's up until now, or did you switch to something like a Priv 🙃? If I recall correctly you modified six Photons for me  🤗.

Edited by DieBruine
9 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Did you contact them? FxTEc is sending me a replacement screen and asking me to send the current back to them for investigation.
I am anxiously awaiting the replacement screen so I can bundle that with my own phone and send it back (video out not working on mine).

By the way, were you still using Photon's up until now, or did you switch to something like a Priv 🙃? If I recall correctly you modified six Photons for me  🤗.

...so i have contacted  fx support now 🙂

On photon i was util june this year... and then for short time on nokia 6.1.

...sooo on photon i was approx 7 long years 😄

Yess i have modded approx 800-1000 photons. For you was it on 2013 - i still have emails from you 🙂

• Like 2

Two things to try.  Press the top and bottom of the screen and see if something snaps into place.  Then check behind the screen (with the keyboard out).  Are any of the screws not tight?  They are under black stickers, but if they aren't tight they are probably pressing up on the sticker.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, nemishkor said:

But there is a problem. The phone does not feel solid 

That's the infamous rattle. For many of us that's how it is. Remove the stickers protecting the screws at the back of the screen and replace them with 2mm thick squishy ones that should help a lot. See:

I actually have all 5 screws on the edge fitted with 2mm squishy pads. The one in the middle are just 1mm solid rubber but I wonder if having the 2mm there too would be even better.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Slion said:

That's the infamous rattle. For many of us that's how it is. Remove the stickers protecting the screws at the back of the screen and replace them with 2mm thick squishy ones that should help a lot.

It is simpler to just add some pieces of 0.5-1mm thick adhesive rubber/felt without removing anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/20/2020 at 6:56 PM, d said:

I bought a new phone after i sent my pro1 in for repairs. I don't have a problem with waiting, but I only sent my phone to them after they have already confirmed to have replacement phones because I specifically did not want to buy another phone. Then I waited like two weeks after sending in the phone and had to buy another, because I sold my old phone and wasn't planning on having multiple phones around. I need my phone for my job.

I also know that the circumstances now are quite unfortunate, but I still feel the support replies have been a little dishonest. I've received multiple messages were something along the lines "we'll get back to you in a couple of days" has been said and no further contact was made.

I don't mind waiting in these uncertain times (with Corona etc.), but you can at least be honest and don't make empty promises.

26 of Febuary:

After this there has been no additional contact until I asked for an update on 14 of Febuary (no reply) and then again on 26 of Febuary. I don't think I am impatient with this, as I've always waited at least 5 days before asking for another...

Last reply was on 9 of March and there has been no contact after this:

My main issue is that I specifically asked if they had replacement devices, which they confirmed, because I just would have kept the phone with the broken fingerprint sensor, until all of this corona stuff has been resolved and business is continuing as usual. I only sent in the phone after I've been told that there is sufficuent replacement stock available.

I'm quoting myself to post an update on this...

It's now been 124 days or 4 months since I last heard from fxtec. I have sent in my fxtec phone 217 days or 7 months ago.

It's a shame.

• Sad 2
5 hours ago, d said:

I'm quoting myself to post an update on this...

It's now been 124 days or 4 months since I last heard from fxtec. I have sent in my fxtec phone 217 days or 7 months ago.

It's a shame.

This sounds really bad! Let us tag @Erik so he can find out what has gone wrong.

• Thanks 3

Howdy
I haven't post since January 9, and didn't follow how thing where going for almost as long.

I've seen a lots of people with hardware issue, heard about software bug ... and keep seeing delay mail. But without the context i am afraid to build false bad view of this all.

Can someone please take a bit of time to update me on those ?

1. did all the 2019 order where shipped, or are people who ordered before January still waiting ? (side question, what is the oldest people are wayting if post 2019)
  2. How common really are hardware issue ? all put together, anything that require the user to self fix, or a spare from factory. (i've read about so many i can't tell if it's a small %)
  3. how is the official software followed until now ? factory issue being a thing, I'm guessing they had time to fix bug, and maybe upgrade to android 10 ?)
  4. and lastly how is fxtec comunication now ? They use to fake promise without data, or play dead ... did they fix that and have some company com now ? or is EskeRahn still the one managing everything while being just another user ?

Since i cancelled in November, i bought a Samsung note 9, 8gb ram 512gb ROM brand new for 400$. It's still a power-user phone and all, but i think often about the pro1.
If thing went better i will consider buying it back again soon, but else it will be very worry-some for it's future... to worry-some for me.

Thank's all !

> did all the 2019 order where shipped

At least one Pro1 ordered on Nov 7 has now been delivered (it's on the Got-Your-Pro1 -thread). I ordered mine a week later on Nov 15 and haven't got the phone, tracking id nor the assimilation mail yet.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, vlycop said:
  1. How common really are hardware issue ? all put together, anything that require the user to self fix, or a spare from factory. (i've read about so many i can't tell if it's a small %)

I don't have a direct view of percentages but I'll say that I've had no issues with mine. On the unofficial discord pro1 chat we +/- keep track of who has a Pro1 and who has a hardware issue (and there's plenty of chit chat). Currently 29 people shown online are marked as having the phone, 1 of which has broken screen due to a fall and another I know had an issue and got his phone replaced under warranty. It seems to me a fairly small minority.

7 hours ago, vlycop said:
  1. how is the official software followed until now ? factory issue being a thing, I'm guessing they had time to fix bug, and maybe upgrade to android 10 ?)

Some major things have been fixed, Android 10 not yet. Lineage (now official Lineage) and Sailfish are rolling nicely.

• Like 2

My screen had issues. The sent me a new one.
My son's Pro1 has some glue residue visible, they are sending me a new one and ask I send the glued screen back for investigation.
My USB C video out does not work. So I'm sending my phone back as soon as the replacement screen for my son is in.

My phone was delivered in January. I just assume this was a fluke model, which is why my screen broke down and USB out isn't working. Shit happens, warranty claims are being handled. That's all I can say about it.

Stock software wasn't bad. Rotation issue annoyed the Hell out of me. LOS is great, but the physicial keyboard bug is way more annoying. On the other hand, I expect it to be fixed sooner on LOS than anything on stock...

• Sad 1