On the pre-production status

12 hours ago, omikr0n said:

So FxTec is shipping phones to non-IGG preorders AGAIN? Before fulfiling IGG preorders (such as mine, I'm sure there will be more people).

Yes, AGAIN. So much for backing, staying with them and not asking for a refund, like others did.

I asked them when they did it the first time and they wrote me that there was a mistake. Interesting repetitive mistake. More like they don't give a s.it about their word or backers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cmar said:

They did not sell any. They said they expected their delivery at the end of December. Their delivery did not arrive.

Digitec and Galaxus (same company) were as usual very optimistic with their delivery time and only changed it when the shipment did not arrive. The new expected delivery for their first orders is next week. Let's see if they actually receive their devices from Fxtec.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Roger said:

They did not sell any. They said they expected their delivery at the end of December. Their delivery did not arrive.

Digitec and Galaxus (same company) were as usual very optimistic with their delivery time and only changed it when the shipment did not arrive. The new expected delivery for their first orders is next week. Let's see if they actually receive their devices from Fxtec.

Whatever but they given preference to retailers than the preorders

Like most people on this forum, I'm a fan of phones with hardware keyboards. That's why I've co-funded the FxTec (then Livormorium) Keyboard Moto Mod IGG campaign back in 2017. The IGG campaign got postponed several times until it was cancelled altogether. Like most of the IGG supporters, the only thing I got in return to supporting the campaign financially was a promise. Promise from FxTec that I would be among the first to receive the QWERTY smartphone they plan on developing next. I have elected to take up on that promise and did not request a refund for the failed IGG campaign.

When the Pro1 became available for preorder, I have indeed preordered it, having paid the preorder in August 2019.

Fast forward to November 2019 and after several delays, it seemed that FxTec started shipping some devices. Much to surprise of many IGG supporters, these devices were being shipped to customers who have ordered the phone without the IGG coupon. @Erik stepped in and suggested that this was due to a human error and only 0.5% of all orders were shipped to non-IGG supporters. Note how intentionally misleading that number is. At that point, the number of shipped devices overall was extremely low. Hence 0.5% of all orders could have easily meant that 50% of orders shipped until that point were shipped to non-IGG supporters. Strike one.

In December 2019, FxTec have shipped a batch of devices to retailers (most notably Clove and Dragonbox), available for general public to buy. With this move, they have again skipped their IGG-supporters altogether. The explanation (again, as provided by Erik) was that they were in talks with those retailers since MWC in February 2019. I really don't understand how that should give them priority over people who have financially supported FxTec since 2017. This also effectively meant that FxTec was able to sell the same devices twice - they already had money from all preorders, so why not sell devices which were supposed to fulfill those preorders to general public? Thus they willingly exchanged goodwill of their supporters for immediate financial gain. Strike two.

Here comes January 2020 and FxTec ships another batch of devices. Much to my surprise, these were again shipped to people who have preordered without the IGG coupons, as confirmed in the "Tracking" thread yesterday. I have reached out to FxTec customer support to allow them to come up with another excuse clarify the situation, but I have yet to hear back from them. Strike three.

At this point, I have completely lost any remaining faith in the company. The only thing that I'm unsure of is whether they are intentionally screwing over people who have supported them the longest because they are incompetent or because they are malicious. Could it be that they are postponing IGG preorders intentionally, hoping that people would request a refund and instead buy the device from a retailer for a now much higher price?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
13 hours ago, cmar said:

According to Erik update, the big batch is supposed to leave the factory by end of this week. Also the tracking details.

In 3 days we will know if the latest adjusted plan is implemented ... or if there is another delay.

Yes it is the usual fxtec communication, a bit confusing. Chen is writing tweets about "all pre orders" in 2-3 weeks. Erik on this forum about the next big batch.

And the retailer digitec.ch is selling 6 qwertz to be delivered in 7 days.

I am laughing about it now...

The retailer digital.ch has never received devices. Try ordering one, they'll arrive in at least a month.

The big batch is shipping in the first full week of January, so not exactly this week, but next week.

• Thanks 6
5 minutes ago, Erik said:

The retailer digital.ch has never received devices. Try ordering one, they'll arrive in at least a month.

The big batch is shipping in the first full week of December, so not exactly this week, but next week.

I believe you mean first full week of January? 😉

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Typo: "January"

Just now, FlyingAntero said:

I believe you mean first full week of January? 😉

Yes, I've been typing 2019 robotically.. It'll be like this for the next 2 months.

• Haha 3

just realised it's been almost a year. 😑

everyday i will search my email using the keyword fxtec, hoping to see a email saying something like "your fxtec pro1 is on the way"

today i noticed the earliest email was 27 Feb 2019, when i pre-ordered the pro1...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, evozero said:

just realised it's been almost a year. 😑

everyday i will search my email using the keyword fxtec, hoping to see a email saying something like "your fxtec pro1 is on the way"

today i noticed the earliest email was 27 Feb 2019, when i pre-ordered the pro1...

What is a year compared to the painfull years without keyboard ord veeeery old HW before that.
If you ordered on 27.02 and paid 31.07 you should get your device very soon.
As Chen tweeted they plan to have every pre-order done in 2-3 Weeks. And it also looks like the technical problems have been resolved.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

What is a year compared to the painfull years without keyboard ord veeeery old HW before that.
If you ordered on 27.02 and paid 31.07 you should get your device very soon.
As Chen tweeted they plan to have every pre-order done in 2-3 Weeks. And it also looks like the technical problems have been resolved.

You know this isn't the first time they "planned" to have something done and missed the mark... Probably not even the 10th time, maybe more

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Bruce Wayne said:

Whatever but they given preference to retailers than the preorders

No. Just because they also shipped a vanishingly small number of devices to an even more vanishingly tiny number of small, but committed and therefore important retailers which had been promised to get some, long before it was clear that most orders wouldn't be fulfilled until Christmas, that doesn't mean they "gave preference" to them. The accusation is just ridiculous.

• Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

No. Just because they also shipped a vanishingly small number of devices to an even more vanishingly tiny number of small, but committed and therefore important retailers which had been promised to get some, long before it was clear that most orders wouldn't be fulfilled until Christmas, that doesn't mean they "gave preference" to them. The accusation is just ridiculous.

Even if they did, they must keep the company alive. It may even be unfair but so is life.  We all will win nothing if they are as fair as possible but don't survive. We need updates and repairs. Yeah sure it sucks, yeah you are allowed to be angry. But please stay reasonable!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Erik said:

The big batch is shipping in the first full week of January, so not exactly this week, but next week.

Thanks for clarifying. As you can see, we are confused.

3 hours ago, Erik said:

Okay, so next week I will get my mail. Thanks for Info Erik.

I have just worn out two 512 GB flash cards because of this f* phone!
I mean a f* stupid idea of having a stupid combo SIM holder!

I really, really hate this combo solution instead of the ability of two SIMs AND(!!!!!!!) an SD card TOGETHER!

That was my main concern about this phone because I _need_ to use two SIMs and WANT to also use a flash card.

The SIM holder is too tight.
I have not really understood why they said there is no need of a tool to remove SIM holder.
Initially, I have  put in an alternative SIM and a MicroSD card and never was able to pull it out using my nails.

Later, I have found out If there is only one SIM inserted in either SIM1 or SIM2 place then tray can easily be removed by nails (maybe too easily). I think it also applies with two SIMs, but not to one SIM and a MicroSD card, that way I had to find a tool to remove tray as my nails are not even strong enough for that.

An external SIM tray for MicroSD card fits anyway, but there is not even a proper silicone thing which could be applied to back and it sits quite badly on the table if I put an external SIM tray at bottom.

I absolutely don't know why, why, why they did this crazy solution for a _TWO SIM_ capable phone.
This is the craziest idea of the whole phone, I can't say how I hate this solution!

24 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I have just worn out two 512 GB flash cards because of this f* phone!
I mean a f* stupid idea of having a stupid combo SIM holder!

I really, really hate this combo solution instead of the ability of two SIMs AND(!!!!!!!) an SD card TOGETHER!

That was my main concern about this phone because I _need_ to use two SIMs and WANT to also use a flash card.

The SIM holder is too tight.
I have not really understood why they said there is no need of a tool to remove SIM holder.
Initially, I have  put in an alternative SIM and a MicroSD card and never was able to pull it out using my nails.

Later, I have found out If there is only one SIM inserted in either SIM1 or SIM2 place then tray can easily be removed by nails (maybe too easily). I think it also applies with two SIMs, but not to one SIM and a MicroSD card, that way I had to find a tool to remove tray as my nails are not even strong enough for that.

An external SIM tray for MicroSD card fits anyway, but there is not even a proper silicone thing which could be applied to back and it sits quite badly on the table if I put an external SIM tray at bottom.

I absolutely don't know why, why, why they did this crazy solution for a _TWO SIM_ capable phone.
This is the craziest idea of the whole phone, I can't say how I hate this solution!

Could be that a normal sim tray would help. But you may find that interesting:
https://hackaday.com/2019/08/16/cramming-dual-sims-a-micro-sd-card-into-your-phone/

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
3 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Could be that a normal sim tray would help. But you may find that interesting:
https://hackaday.com/2019/08/16/cramming-dual-sims-a-micro-sd-card-into-your-phone/

I have tried to do something like this.

Yesterday, I have "slimmed down" an old (expired) card - it was okay, still worked in Nokia 3310.
Then I have tried to file down a smaller (32GB) SD card and glued a SIM on top of it.

...but as SIM tray is too tight, I had to remove relatively much of the SD card.
However, it seemed to work.

Then I have tried to file a 512 GB Samsung, then a Lexar card... but it seems they are much more space-consuming (inside) and they both became a waste of time and money.
They were not cheap cards...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

From support:

While we do prioritise Indiegogo orders, we also don't hold off QWERTY orders when QWERTY devices are in stock. We have 2 keyboard layouts, and people can get confused why are shipping orders of lesser priority. The device you ordered is a QWERTZ unit, which we are awaiting more stock for.

So yesterday only qwerty should have received tracking numbers, and it means that all IGG qwerty are delivered… what are our observations?

Edited by dreamflasher
51 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I have tried to do something like this.

Yesterday, I have "slimmed down" an old (expired) card - it was okay, still worked in Nokia 3310.
Then I have tried to file down a smaller (32GB) SD card and glued a SIM on top of it.

...but as SIM tray is too tight, I had to remove relatively much of the SD card.
However, it seemed to work.

Then I have tried to file a 512 GB Samsung, then a Lexar card... but it seems they are much more space-consuming (inside) and they both became a waste of time and money.
They were not cheap cards...

I've done SIM+SD merge many times, it's really very simple: just heat the SIM card with a lighter for about 3-4 seconds. The chip part will detach from the plastic and  won't hurt it. Then you can glue the SIM chip onto the top of the SD card with any glue (even a thin double-sided glue or a drop of quick glue). Only the first one seems  complicated, all others  are really can be prepared in no time. 😄

15780709663883955377181885234535.jpg

Edited by FBela
Add photo
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, archseraphim said:

Using two SIM cards and an SD card was never a feature of the device in the first place. Any problems that arise from your attempts to do so are entirely a result of your own actions. You're the one destroying SD cards, not the phone.

Just to be clear, I knew it may destroy the card and I did not want to destroy SIM card holder instead.

I just told it was a really stupid and crazy design idea.
I said it from the beginning not just now (even before Pro1 was ever announced).

I never ever liked that really crazy idea.
...and yes, I am frustrated as I have to use two SIMs and I need an SD card.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, FBela said:

I've done SIM+SD merge many times, it's really very simple: just heat the SIM card with a lighter for about 3-4 seconds. The chip part will detach from the plastic and  won't hurt it. Then you can glue the SIM chip onto the top of the SD card with any glue (even a thin double-sided glue or a drop of quick glue). Only the first one seems  complicated, all others  are really can be prepared in no time. 😄

Unfortunately it does not work.

I could easily separate my test SIM (an expired one), it was still working.

However, if I put an SD card in Pro1's tray, I can not even pull it out with nails, only with my special tools which may be used to take apart plastic things without much signs.
...and this is only a SIM1 + MicroSD without any additional thickness.
So the slot is too tight and it can not accept the SD card and separated SIM chip on top of it - or at least I did not dare to force the tray in as it may destroy something or will be impossible to take it out.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

@VaZso

I fail to see what this has to do with the production status.

This topic was not really had much information about production status anyway.
Instead, it seems like a general thread... also that is why it is so long...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Unfortunately it does not work.

I don't have a Pro1 (yet) to try it, but it has worked with more Samsung, LG, and Xiaomi phones. I think the slot may be pretty much the same, so I think it should work here too.