On the pre-production status

12 minutes ago, matti.kattainen said:

IGG and qwertz and nothing. Pre-ordered 27.2.2019. Order number #4***

52 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

IGG and QWERTZ, nothing 😞 This sucks.

2 minutes ago, ravelo said:

IGG and qwertz - no mail, also none in spam folder.

I continue waiting patiently 😊

Please write a Mail to the support and update us. Since they told us, that the numbers of IGG backers is smaller than 100, you should get your unit (or the batch was really really small).

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Since they told us, that the numbers of IGG backers is smaller than 100

I wonder if IGG backers would be less than 100 and I would also wonder if the first batch is less than 100 units (what we know they may be around 120 or unknown size, so the expectation of 100 may be right anyway).

However, I also have IGG coupon applied and still not received the e-mail above.
I wrote them a question about it by e-mail yesterday but they may be a bit busy now.
So I am afraid the first batch does not cover all IGG backers or at least not all IGG backers with QWERTZ order.

10 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I wonder if IGG backers would be less than 100 and I would also wonder if the first batch is less than 100 units (what we know they may be around 120 or unknown size, so the expectation of 100 may be right anyway).

However, I also have IGG coupon applied and still not received the e-mail above.
I wrote them a question about it by e-mail yesterday but they may be a bit busy now.
So I am afraid the first batch does not cover all IGG backers or at least not all IGG backers with QWERTZ order.

Apologies, but this is incorrect. IGG promotions used are a lot higher than 100.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, Erik said:

Apologies, but this is incorrect. IGG promotions used are a lot higher than 100.

Thank you for the clarification, most likely an old information (Or I was just plain wrong). Still was stated that all backers are in the first batch. Isn't that the case anymore?

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
4 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Thank you for the clarification, most likely an old information (Or I was just plain wrong). Still was stated that all backers are in the first batch. Isn't that the case anymore?

I think that was our guess/assumption more than an official statement as we know there were around 1500 backers, and some had refunds.

But as we are only guessing on the batch size from the top layer of some cases we have seen that adds up to 120. It is hard to say if there are more boxes and/or more than one layer, and thus even harder to guess on the relation between the numbers....

My person guess would be 1000 IGG backers in queue. And c.f. Chen's comment elsewhere there should be no orders without a coupon in the first batch.

12 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

That is still the case, correct, but there aren't enough units in the first batch for all of the backers. The coming second batch will cover all IGG backers + most normal pre-orders, potentially all because we plan to be in general availability before Christmas.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
28 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I think that was our guess/assumption more than an official statement as we know there were around 1500 backers, and some had refunds.

But as we are only guessing on the batch size from the top layer of some cases we have seen that adds up to 120. It is hard to say if there are more boxes and/or more than one layer, and thus even harder to guess on the relation between the numbers....

My person guess would be 1000 IGG backers in queue. And c.f. Chen's comment elsewhere there should be no orders without a coupon in the first batch.

1000 IGG backers ?

2 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

1000 IGG backers ?

We know there were 1653 "backers" in total, some were donations, so let us round down to 1500 real 'orders', and my estimate from the reactions in the comments back then was that about a thirds had refunds, but the majority 'stayed on' for coupons, so roughly 1000. I could be really wrong of course, but that is my guestimate.

• Thanks 1
On 10/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, Erik said:

A tiny sneak peek of devices going through last Q/Cs before an official update goes out:

2019-10-23.jpg

I imagine this being the first batch, those are 20 devices on the top, so I'd expect 100 devices per box, which would equal to 600 devices in the first batch. If we are talking about 1000+ IGG backers, a litte more than half of those will receive their device in the next week or so.

Also, if you are interested:

The support confirmed me that they expect my device (regular order 38xxx, paid mid-october) to be delivered by the end of this month.
I will "most certainly" receive it before Christmas. I'm slightly pessimistic about the end of this month for regular orders but I believe them with Christmas.

This means that they really expect to get all preorders shipped by this month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

We know there were 1653 "backers" in total, some were donations, so let us round down to 1500 real 'orders', and my estimate from the reactions in the comments back then was that about a thirds had refunds, but the majority 'stayed on' for coupons, so roughly 1000. I could be really wrong of course, but that is my guestimate.

but thats not a "relatively small number" 😄

Nevermind, I hope we all will get our device soon and I'm happy for all who got their email. I hope to see some reviews soon.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I believe that your estimation is pretty accurate. I remember that Chen said that were about 300 backers who requested refund after "Q-device" was teased. And when they were still planning the production of Moto Mod Keyboards, they were aiming to 3000 units batch size.

• Thanks 1

The support is fairly responsive, I just got this reply (asking about the 2nd batch):

Yes, mid-November is when the device will be transit from the factory to the warehouses and then to your home. Realistically, you'll have the device in your hands by the end of November.

Another 25 days 😞

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, ichbinsinaction said:

The support confirmed me that they expect my device (regular order 38xxx, paid mid-october) to be delivered by the end of this month.
I will "most certainly" receive it before Christmas. I'm slightly pessimistic about the end of this month for regular orders but I believe them with Christmas.

Guys can i ask you this.

I pre ordered in early march and paid on 1st August but my order number is 94xxx (way below 38xxx). dont know why.

that means i have no chance in the second batch???

3 minutes ago, kashif said:

Guys can i ask you this.

I pre ordered in early march and paid on 1st August but my order number is 94xxx (way below 38xxx). dont know why.

that means i have no chance in the second batch???

I think you got an extra x in yout order number -> 94xx
So you pre-ordered and so you should be in the next batch. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, mcdinner said:

I think you got an extra x in yout order number -> 94xx
So you pre-ordered and so you should be in the next batch. 🙂

Oh Thank you mcdinner!

yeh you are right, i mistakenly thought extra x

yeh its 94xx 🙂

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Erik said:

The coming second batch will cover all IGG backers + most normal pre-orders

Is this still supposed to follow right after this first batch? The size differences between the two batches must be massive. Let's be honest, you probably did not make the first one this small when you could've shipped something twice the size a week or so later. This does not add up at all.
This is assuming you handle batches as batches, with no intermediate shipments of parts of a batch (which wouldn't be one batch). It doesn't sound like a great idea to have the next shipment be a big one, at least from the waiting end. There are likely financial incentives to do it this way, though.

It also still leaves a bit of bitterness to be lumped in with the almost all normal pre-orders after being repeatedly assured to be getting one of the first devices with the coupon. It's still one of the first devices in a way, but it also doesn't matter if the difference is just having your box being put in back of the delivery truck instead. Not that I wish anyone to get their device even later, but you get the idea.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, elvissteinjr said:

Is this still supposed to follow right after this first batch? The size differences between the two batches must be massive. Let's be honest, you probably did not make the first one this small when you could've shipped something twice the size a week or so later. This does not add up at all.
This is assuming you handle batches as batches, with no intermediate shipments of parts of a batch (which wouldn't be one batch). It doesn't sound like a great idea to have the next shipment be a big one, at least from the waiting end. There are likely financial incentives to do it this way, though.

It also still leaves a bit of bitterness to be lumped in with the almost all normal pre-orders after being repeatedly assured to be getting one of the first devices with the coupon. It's still one of the first devices in a way, but it also doesn't matter if the difference is just having your box being put in back of the delivery truck instead. Not that I wish anyone to get their device even later, but you get the idea.

As far as I remember well, they said the first batch was in construction while they started to negotiate another batch - I think because the demand was higher than their expectations earlier. I don't know what was the real state of the first batch when they has started to write about the second batch - maybe they were mostly prepared for shipping but more likely that was about booking capacities in the factory and the first batch is just had been done a few weeks ago while the second batch may be currently in construction.

So yes, it seems the second batch may follow the first batch in a few weeks - maybe the gap is smaller now as first batch was delayed a bit (initially they said one month if I remember well, but now they say the middle of November).

Otherwise, I am a bit sad not being in the first batch as despite the coupon, I will receive my phone almost the same time as any other preorderers. 😞

Anyway, the last time I really missed Pro1 very much was today.
Currently I am working on a measurement system built into a car and started to type in Termux on my Moto G6 to see what happens in the system... it took too much time and was very inconvenient... then I went for my laptop instead, but programming is more convenient near the table - so a Pro1 would had been much help for me today... (it was just an example, there are several similar situations). Typing in a terminal on a touch screen is a nightmare even on Hacker's keyboard which I found to be the best so far as it provides a full-featured keyboard.

Edited by VaZso
7 hours ago, ichbinsinaction said:

aI imagine this being the first batch, those are 20 devices on the top, so I'd expect 100 devices per box, which would equal to 600 devices in the first batch. If we are talking about 1000+ IGG backers, a litte more than half of those will receive their device in the next week or so.

This means that they really expect to get all preorders shipped by this month.

On Chen video it was clearly seen that the box can contain only one row of boxes. Also, 600 would be too many considering the fact that there aren't even 3000 orders, paid or unpaid.

After pressing support a little I also got an answer, my order (22xxx) is also supposed to be delivered by the end of this month and is in "second mass batch" so it's in third batch. It seems that second batch is about to cover all igg guys and some amount of earliest non-igg preorders. Mid-November for Fxtec is from 15th to 20th, so it means three weeks after supposed shipping date of 29th October but we all know that they still didn't ship and probably may ship by the end of this week, so it's closer to 1 week between batches if support and Fxtec say the truth. However it could also be "shipping to warehouses" date and it would be a shame. Is worries me that Fxtec doesn't write much about anything else than first batch, second batch should be leaving the factory already and they should write about it.

Also, I won't trust that phone will be delivered by the end of this month. As I told before, mid-November is 15th-20th for them, it's probably the expected date of second batch shipping. If there was a chance for third batch to be delivered by the end of the month, they should ship it at the latest by 25th, 23rd and 24th are weekend days, which means that this batch should arrive directly after second batch which in my opinion is just impossible by looking at how Fxtec handles things. By looking at things I guess that these "mass batches" contain around 1000 phones each.

Also, support told me that they aren't being told much details which is a huge shame. I really appreciate that they were honest and even said that they know that this leads to additional confusion. People from Fxtec(not support) who know everything and can give answers we need prefer to whine on twitter that people are angry and start calling them liars(which is understandable that people get angry at looking how they treat own customers and are dishonest at least) instead of telling what is happening to least to other Fxtec staff so they can answer, and also they focus only on first batch people ignoring everyone else.

Edited by Gon009
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
41 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

However it could also be "shipping to warehouses" date and it would be a shame. Is worries me that Fxtec doesn't write much about anything else than first batch, second batch should be leaving the factory already and they should write about it.

7 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

The support is fairly responsive, I just got this reply (asking about the 2nd batch):

"Yes, mid-November is when the device will be transit from the factory to the warehouses and then to your home. Realistically, you'll have the device in your hands by the end of November."

Another 25 days 😞

If support is correct, then the second batch will be sent from the factory in mid-November, to the fulfillment centers, not from fulfillment centers to customers.

Once people get the phones in their hands from the first batch, we can estimate how long it takes from when fxtec reports the batch leaving, until the phones arrive in customer hands.  The second batch should be about that same length of time or less, than the first batch, if customs is faster with the second batch, with all other variables being equal.  If they paid for faster shipping on the first batch, then that could change things.  If holidays and weekends fall differently, that might change things slightly.

Edited by david
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, cboehm91 said:

What is the deal with the order numbers if there are only <3000 orders? My order number is in the thirty thousand range.

I'm kind of not trusting I'll have mine anytime soon since I guess I was a later preorder (August)

they are not sequential

• EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic