On the pre-production status

29 minutes ago, Noob said:

I haven't posted much but been watching the forums, twitter, my email for any activity, waiting for my Pro1 to finally arrive.  I share the frustration of seeing estimated dates come and go, but I have to say it's a bit much reading some of the childish negativity from some of you.  I'm not talking about rational criticism which is really more like constructive feedback (which there has been a bit of, and fair enough as as estimated delivery dates have come and gone), but some of you are carrying on like FxTec has kicked your dog, or some scam operator intending to fleece you out of your money or something sinister. 

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you; I'm waiting for my phone and wish that my Pro1 was here months ago (my Droid 4 is seriously dying).  And I agree the communication should have been better.  But the fact is this isn't a 'buying a Samsung from Amazon' experience.  This is a startup that is building/selling/distributing/supporting its first product and has had to solve issues with hardware, software, logistics, licensing, compliance, customer service, etc, with (I'm guessing) minimal staff and budget.  On top of that along the way they've had to deal with global currency market issues, Brexit, Hong Kong protests impacting shipping (again, I'm guessing here), and this is after they formed this company when they were screwed around by Motorola with their original Moto Mod. 

I really just want to say to some of you, "quit your bitching, just ask for a refund and be done with it", but I worry that every lost sale impacts this phone's success and the chance of seeing another keyboard phone.  So maybe if it's in the first shipment try reselling your order if you can.  If the price of the few moto mods that made it to eBay is an indication you might make a tidy profit.  Or, I dunno, just chill out a bit?

Still sporting the Droid 4?  True kb die hard right here 🙂

• Haha 2
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

As I feared, my last Galaxy S Relay 4G (I've gone through half a dozen of them since 2012) is starting to malfunction.  It started yesterday.  Screen is only turning on when the power key is pressed, not when the phone is slid open.  The screen cable is on its last legs.  This one only lasted a few months.  I thought I was going to get the Pro1 before the last one wore out and now the phone didn't ship before this one started dying. 

It sure would be nice to get some exact dates on when the phones will ship from the various fulfillment centers.  I'm trying to decide if I should limp along with this phone or get a used phone to use while we wait.  If it is days, I might try to keep using this one. If it is weeks, I might go with a used phone.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, david said:

As I feared, my last Galaxy S Relay 4G (I've gone through half a dozen of them since 2012) is starting to malfunction.  It started yesterday.  Screen is only turning on when the power key is pressed, not when the phone is slid open.  The screen cable is on its last legs.  This one only lasted a few months.  I thought I was going to get the Pro1 before the last one wore out and now the phone didn't ship before this one started dying. 

It sure would be nice to get some exact dates on when the phones will ship from the various fulfillment centers.  I'm trying to decide if I should limp along with this phone or get a used phone to use while we wait.  If it is days, I might try to keep using this one. If it is weeks, I might go with a used phone.

Frankly, get a used phone.  Always good to have a backup.  I've been using a Moto G6 since June.  I hate it, but it was cheap ($99 from Google Fi, which service I immeditely cancelled) and it works.  It will become my backup for the next time something happens.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone… I was also trying to stay silent during this entire time, but this is sincerely outrageous… I am appalled… What happened? Today is the 29th as far as I know and did any of you get the email about the shipment? Did any of you get notified about anything on a personal basis from the company or not at all? This is really bad… They have missed million deadlines so far and misinformed every single person here since day one. This is the longest time that I have waited for anything in my entire life… The product won’t be in our hands in the next two weeks in my opinion, if we ever get what we paid for at all… Do you how long it takes for products to arrive from China? This is of course a bit different situation; however, it’s going to take a long time…

In addition to all of this stress, I just have to inform and remind everyone here, as well as the company staff (but I am quite sure that they already know about this too), that the biggest shopping festival in China is coming on the 11th of November (11.11.) and the people who order items on those days usually get them two months or more after placing their orders.

They have used million excuses so far to prolong the shipment and do whatever they’ve been doing, and I am sure that this 11.11. shopping holiday is going to be just another excuse or something/someone else to blame for their inability to do what they promised to do months and months ago…

This is by far the worst shopping experience ever.

Screenshot_1.png

14 minutes ago, Skill said:

Hi everyone… I was also trying to stay silent during this entire time, but this is sincerely outrageous… I am appalled… What happened? Today is the 29th as far as I know and did any of you get the email about the shipment? Did any of you get notified about anything on a personal basis from the company or not at all? This is really bad… They have missed million deadlines so far and misinformed every single person here since day one. This is the longest time that I have waited for anything in my entire life… The product won’t be in our hands in the next two weeks in my opinion, if we ever get what we paid for at all… Do you how long it takes for products to arrive from China? This is of course a bit different situation; however, it’s going to take a long time…

In addition to all of this stress, I just have to inform and remind everyone here, as well as the company staff (but I am quite sure that they already know about this too), that the biggest shopping festival in China is coming on the 11th of November (11.11.) and the people who order items on those days usually get them two months or more after placing their orders.

They have used million excuses so far to prolong the shipment and do whatever they’ve been doing, and I am sure that this 11.11. shopping holiday is going to be just another excuse or something/someone else to blame for their inability to do what they promised to do months and months ago…

This is by far the worst shopping experience ever.

Is this criticism or aliexpress advertising ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Straight up criticism and the proof of the things I said... I found this photo related to Aliexpress, but this won't be the only company offering these crazy deals since there are million others like Taobao for the people living in China... I've just used this photo to support my claim... I want my phone like every person here and this is definitely the worst experience like I said... I don't know how you were able to see this in the form of an ad based on my novel, but okay.... Hope it's clear now...

Erik no I won't like to share my order details for my privacy  just like you don't share any real info with us. All I can tell you is we ordered 3 units in May when you said it will be shipped in July.

Now coming to the shipping , when I said last time that it won't be shipped on 29 Erik was so quick to respond that it's definitely shipping on 29th. 

And here comes 29th. I can say this with confidence that they have not shipped any at all. Does any of real customers here received shipping notification? I bet none.

This is another trick to get couple of more months. They can see that the previous trick of delaying is failing so now they got this which will give them couple of more months.

I think some will understand what I am saying by the end of November. 

I think it's all because they have not done any manufacturing at it. 

Its an absolute scam. And those who try to justify them by keep saying it's a small company, so the small companies are allowed to lie like this on and on?

It's really sad what they are doing to desprate people.

As for us like I said earlier we are cancelling our orders today. In fact we will not ask fx to cancel, we will just contact our credit card company to file a dispute. So that fx will get a fine and goes in black list.

We are done here.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, mcdinner said:

That's not possible with customs in between. Time to clearance is not predictable. 😞

Yeah, that's true.  But they could let us know whether they shipped them fast or slow from China to the various countries.

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Frankly, get a used phone.  Always good to have a backup.  I've been using a Moto G6 since June.  I hate it, but it was cheap ($99 from Google Fi, which service I immeditely cancelled) and it works.  It will become my backup for the next time something happens.

I'll probably go with a Pixel, for personal reasons, and dump my apps and data into it and then only switch if I need to.  Can't bear the thought of being without a physical keyboard! LOL

Edited by david
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

€20 says this is the same dude who kept going on TMO that fxtec is one big scam and all that bullshit.

yes, sounds like him.

Canceling by telling CC Company they are scam may get him in trouble 😄 (if there is an oder to cancel)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Jhonny B said:

Erik no I won't like to share my order details for my privacy  just like you don't share any real info with us. All I can tell you is we ordered 3 units in May when you said it will be shipped in July.

As for us like I said earlier we are cancelling our orders today. In fact we will not ask fx to cancel, we will just contact our credit card company to file a dispute. So that fx will get a fine and goes in black list.

We are done here.

@Jhonny B I've seen your posts before and someone from FXTec has responded multiple times that you haven't responded to them.  This new forum has a way to send a message to a user.  You could be using that to contact Erik with your order number or whatever is needed.  Yet, you spend your time bitching and making threats instead.  It seems more like you are trolling instead of trying to resolve your order issues.  Even your "method" of cancelling shows your willingness to be an ass instead of cancelling using the proper option which is provided.

Edited by KingOfTerrible
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Skill said:

Do you how long it takes for products to arrive from China? This is of course a bit different situation; however, it’s going to take a long time…

It is absolutely depends on the shipping method. Usually the higher the shipping price, the faster the shipping itself.

For bigger couriers, transfer from China (or USA) to Europe can take only a few days including customs.
When the last time I ordered PCB from China, they shipped on Friday and I held them in my hands by Wednesday and the whole stuff was in the capital city of my country by Sunday anyway - so main part of the delay was caused by the customs itself.

All in all, shipping from far places can be extremely fast if a good courier was selected... even if we are in the middle of the 11.11 "festival".

• Like 1

I heard that Adrian took the most dramatic and elaborate complaints directly to Chinese Customs and the customs agents were so troubled by the world ending anguish this has caused some of you that they actually lent him a prototype jet, fastest ever created, and he will be personally delivering phones tonight to those few that have suffered so much from this tragedy.  Please leave milk and cookies out for him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
21 minutes ago, ravelo said:

Just short info: this thread has more than 11000 views at the moment. Quite interesting...

and still every official update leaves more questions then it answers... and the most asked questions are left unanswered/ignored.

I personally stopped caring about this whole circus (how else can we call it?), if I get too bored with this I'll just cancel the order and buy me some other toy for the money, can find a 1000 other things to spend my hard earned money on instead.

3 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

and still every official update leaves more questions then it answers... and the most asked questions are left unanswered/ignored.

I personally stopped caring about this whole circus (how else can we call it?), if I get too bored with this I'll just cancel the order and buy me some other toy for the money, can find a 1000 other things to spend my hard earned money on instead.

yet you are posting

• Like 2
  • EskeRahn pinned and featured this topic
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic