On the pre-production status

12 minutes ago, david said:

How do you know it was the 150th pre-order placed?  Is that done by querying the API they are using in WordPress?

And if you can map order number to true pre-order count, would you be able to take the highest pre-order number and find out how many phones were ordered?

Yes

And yes

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, david said:

How do you know it was the 150th pre-order placed?  Is that done by querying the API they are using in WordPress?

And if you can map order number to true pre-order count, would you be able to take the highest pre-order number and find out how many phones were ordered?

The API is from their WooCommerce WordPress plugin, so yes.

The current highest order number is 8441X (x is a single digit but belongs to a real person so I won't share the order number.)  The number of paid orders isn't possible to determine precisely because they didn't delete the canceled unpaid orders but a good guess can be made because ecommerce cart conversions are reasonably predictable. (I've been using a conversion rate of 3 in my guesses instead of the industry standard 6 because this item is pretty special.)

FXtec has been asked for numbers but has not responded to those requests so I won't give out much more than to correct when people say stupid things like there are 48,000 orders because that's far from true.  I've gone into specifics on my estimates in the much smaller IRC channel if you're interested in talking there and will promise not to share widely since that is pretty clearly not something FXtec wants.

(reposting HERE in the production status thread intentionally)

Hi everyone!

Adding my info to the order statistics.  I also received a "stock assigned" email this morning.

• #5400 (150th pre-order placed)
  • Ordered: Febuary 28th 01:13:38 GMT
  • Paid: July 31st 15:06:45 GMT
  • Stock assigned January 20th 11:43:18 GMT
  • County: US
  • No IGG coupon
  • QWERTY
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, B.X said:

The current highest order number is 8441X (x is a single digit but belongs to a real person so I won't share the order number.)  The number of paid orders isn't possible to determine precisely because they didn't delete the canceled unpaid orders but a good guess can be made because ecommerce cart conversions are reasonably predictable. (I've been using a conversion rate of 3 in my guesses instead of the industry standard 6 because this item is pretty special.)

Without getting into the actual numbers for the highest order number, how does 5400 relate to 150 if you are taking every 3rd order number?  5400/3 = 1800.  Or, is there really a mapping from order number to number of orders placed, and you are saying that you'll take the highest order placed and divide that by 3 to guess at the total number of paid orders?  In other words, then your 150th order placed might be the 50th paid order?

Edited by david
19 minutes ago, david said:

Without getting into the actual numbers for the highest order number, how does 5400 relate to 150 if you are taking every 3rd order number?  5400/3 = 1800.  Or, is there really a mapping from order number to number of orders placed, and you are saying that you'll take the highest order placed and divide that by 3 to guess at the total number of paid orders?  In other words, then your 150th order placed might be the 50th paid order?

The API allows enumerating every single order number so to reach 150, I counted the 149 valid pre-order numbers before my order 5400.

The pre-order numbers don't follow any numerical pattern that I've been able to determine.  Some are only a few apart, some are hundreds apart.

The divide by 3 is to determine an estimate of actual paid orders from pre-orders.  It's well documented that ecommerce can normally expect 1 in 6 items placed in cart (even in single item storefronts) to result in a sale, but I'm assuming that this very special item did better than that.  I don't know, the 3 is an intuitive guess and nothing more.  So, yes I'm guessing my order is actually the 50th paid order.

Edited by B.X
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Bruce Wayne said:

Its not a new thing, From the day one they were not keeping their words.

Here we go again with the accusation, just wind this thread back about 100 pages or so, so we do not need to all repeat ourselves.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

What are your estimates (speculations) on shipping times to Europe? I asked the support, but they only responded that I received a stock assigned mail.

As far as what I know the only relevant we got recently is this but that was quite pessimistic it seems only expecting stock assigned by the end of next week, and it seems that at the least a fair portion of those have already been emailed today.

Earlier batches via warehouse took about two weeks from stock assigned to it arrived on the doorsteps in Europe. You can see some examples browsing in this, Mine took 15 days. Four days between tracking code and delivery to DK.

• Thanks 3
8 hours ago, nanohcv said:

I can't believe how this company can write on January 13th that all pre orders will be shipped in January and three days later it's only 70%?

That's what I say they again never keep their words. Or another example of miss management... Becoz normal order getting delivered but not the pre-orders. Done payment on 8 Aug.

30 minutes ago, Bruce Wayne said:

That's what I say they again never keep their words. Or another example of miss management... Becoz normal order getting delivered but not the pre-orders. Done payment on 8 Aug.

Where do you get this info? Except for pretty small amount of what I assume were pre-ordered retail units pretty much everyone is waiting, including those who had cancelled and had to move to the back of the line. as you might have noticed, most people payed on 31-st of July, so it kiinda sticks to the rules set, except for that country-based nonsense, which no one really knows how it works anyway.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, michael.bosscha said:

Stock assigned, paid August 20th by banktransfer. No IGG, QWERTY, Netherlands!

You seem to be the lucky winner. Has anyone paid later than August 20? Country?

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, nanohcv said:

Order #235xx QWERTZ (Germany) paid on August 5th and still nothing...

I can't believe how this company can write on January 13th that all pre orders will be shipped in January and three days later it's only 70%?

Well they clearly stated that they PLAN to do all preorders.
And maybe they are not the only company trying to get stuff out before chinese new year. So there could be reasons like the logistic company giving them a slot on a certain day.
It could be a difference of 30% if they have to send the phones today or on the 25 of january,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Now THAT was on purpose! Mails were sent based on order numbers to give early orders a chance to pay before LATE orders, so that part worked as planned.

Too bad they didn't actually kept to it... Fingers crossed that there will be more stock assigned e-mails going out today but I am not amused so far. Pre-ordered early, paid early, but I will most likely get screwed with waiting yet another 1-1,5 month because I am from a small country.  Totally fair...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 1/16/2020 at 2:52 PM, Erik said:

No no no. The formula is:

1. "Total orders of a country" is what percent of all orders?

2. Then, how many units does the country percentage equal to out of the current batch size?

3. = the number of units shipped to that particular country, based in order of when the payment was received.

Whether it's a country with low interest or not, this formula keeps it fair for everyone. If it was only done in order of payments, the smaller countries may have to wait for a while, as not everyone was awake when we started accepting payments :).

Obviously we don't count the Indiegogo orders, as those are all going to be complete with this batch.

When Erik introduced this formula, the idea was to compensate for differences in time zone.

In practice persons who paid only on 21st of August receive their phone earlier than the ones who paid on August 2nd! Congratulations to them!

So it does not seem the rule was only about compensating time zone...  What was it about?

Edited by Guest

Pre-order - 29th August

Full order - 8th September

Order Number - 339XX

IGG - No

Country - UK

No stock assigned email which, looking at order dates from other countries that do have assignemnt, is hardly surprising.  I was holding out a tiny sliver of hope that a pre-order from almost 5 months ago wouldn't fall in to the "recent" pre-order category that wouldn't make shipment.  On that logic, a ~7 month old pre-order from the end of July is "ancient" and a ~5 month old one is recent 🙂

I was certainly hoping that I would be included as my Priv is becoming a bit unreliable - even with a brand new battery fitted.  The only thing that has meant I have kept my pre-order is that the processor on the Cosmo is not much better than the Priv!  If it was a newer one I have a feeling I would have long ago switched alliance!

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, holter said:

Eine für Sie bestimmte Sendung wurde heute von FedEx abgeholt. Die Zustellung ist vorgesehen für den Freitag, 24. Januar 2020.

Qwertz, Germany, #11xxx, IGG

Wauw, so we are talking delivery in Europe before CNY. Now that was a pleasant surprise! 😎

• Like 1

I think they haven't produced enough qwertz-layout devices. Because only igg-backers have received 'stock assigned' emails for this layout yesterday.

Pre-order: 06.03.2019
paid: 01.08.2019
Order Number: 80xx
IGG: No
Layout: QWERTZ

No Stock assigned (yet)

• Sad 1

Do you think they finished with the assignment mails ?

I'm a bit sad, I have to admit. I thought I paid rather quickly, the 1st of August, few hours after mail reception. (damn it's a lot of money, better not think about it)

Well, see you in a month I suppose ! 😔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, is said:

Where do you get this info? Except for pretty small amount of what I assume were pre-ordered retail units pretty much everyone is waiting, including those who had cancelled and had to move to the back of the line. as you might have noticed, most people payed on 31-st of July, so it kiinda sticks to the rules set, except for that country-based nonsense, which no one really knows how it works anyway.

Read all messages now..then at least you realiz