Got Your Pro1, Tracking Number or "Stock Assigned" message? POST HERE!

Just wanted to update based on my last post--I called FedEx again today and they told me (this time without hesitation) that the Chinese New Year was causing this delay and that today is the last day for their holiday.  He said that I should be seeing tracking updates starting again tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I GOT A TRACKING NUMBER!!!! 🤩 Email came though 2 hours ago but I just saw it now.  According to Fedex tracking, it's shipping from HK and should arrive 20/11.  Only problem is I've been procrastinati

"Good news! We have now assigned the stock for your Pro1 order." :-D. It's happening guys! I'm shaky from excitement, so happy.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TheOnlyRick said:

I ordered last week (QWERTY, UK).  Is there any guess for how long I'll be waiting?  I'm thinking  about 2 months, (but of course hoping for quicker).

Well nothing is going to happen before the end of CNY, and the virus thing is also likely to cause delays. But once started I would guess they would need a couple of weeks to do the remaining. So unless they are short on some components for new orders, and just extend the current remainder, I think that your estimate sounds fair.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Pr0udDragon said:

Just wanted to update based on my last post--I called FedEx again today and they told me (this time without hesitation) that the Chinese New Year was causing this delay and that today is the last day for their holiday.  He said that I should be seeing tracking updates starting again tomorrow.

They told me the same thing when I called a little while ago confirming my suspicions.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Party_Grunt said:

They told me the same thing when I called a little while ago confirming my suspicions.

At least they're being consistent with what their reasoning is, and it explains why those that went straight from Hong Kong to their destinations made it on time while those that went to Taiwan missed the cutoff. What's better is that Taiwan does not seem to be affected by the extended holiday that mainland China has, so I'm hoping to see some movement tomorrow. Ideally I'd like to see a delivery on Friday since mine is listed for weekday delivery only, but realistically I'm not expecting anything until Monday at this point.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Pr0udDragon said:

I did call FedEx today also, but got a different answer than yours.

Their answer was that computer systems of the Taiwanese customs is suffering a major outage. A quick search and reading their web site did not show anything about this.

Edited by foxfreejack
Saved too early

regarding my Pro1 to Canada : i just called FedEx and was told that my package in Taiwan is still waiting for the next available plane to Montréal...for the last 7 days actually !!!   but i was told that they will call me back within 3 hours and let me know what the new delivery plan will be...

i am not sure if custom issues play a role here ?  do we in Canada need to pay import/sales taxes - or is it taken care of by FxTec ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, pistikem said:

regarding my Pro1 to Canada : i just called FedEx and was told that my package in Taiwan is still waiting for the next available plane to Montréal...for the last 7 days actually !!!   but i was told that they will call me back within 3 hours and let me know what the new delivery plan will be...

i am not sure if custom issues play a role here ?  do we in Canada need to pay import/sales taxes - or is it taken care of by FxTec ?

I was told the same thing two days ago, then yesterday I was told that it was because of Chinese New Year and that I should get tracking info today. So far today I've only gotten yet another "in transit."  I knew this wasn't going to go well when I saw FedEx as the shipper but this is....pretty bad actually.  Certainly no fault of F(x)tec, don't get me wrong. FedEx is 100% at fault here. 

me too, i just got a new "in transit" for TA YUAN DISTRICT, TW

a FedEx representative from Montréal actually just called me a minute ago and told me that because of 'high volume' and the 'economy status' of this delivery my Pro1 package would get pushed back till there is enough space on one of the next planes...

i also asked about taxes but there she didn't see any duties for this delivery.  well, we will see.

Edited by pistikem
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, pistikem said:

me too, i just got a new "in transit" for TA YUAN DISTRICT, TW

a FedEx representative from Montréal actually just called me a minute ago and told me that because of 'high volume' and the 'economy status' of this delivery my Pro1 package would get pushed back till there is place enough on one of the next planes...

i also asked about taxes but there she didn't see any duties for this delivery.  well, we will see.

I got the same response today for my shipment inbound to East-coast US.  I'm hoping something actually moves soon because this is getting very frustrating. 

On 1/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, EskeRahn said:

Well nothing is going to happen before the end of CNY, and the virus thing is also likely to cause delays. But once started I would guess they would need a couple of weeks to do the remaining. So unless they are short on some components for new orders, and just extend the current remainder, I think that your estimate sounds fair.

I'm cancelling my order with FxTec direct, and placing my faith in Clove Technology.  On their website they expect delivery 17th Feb.  Hopefully the God of Tech will smile upon me and get me the phone quickly.  (And preferably without any nasty viruses.)

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, TheOnlyRick said:

I'm cancelling my order with FxTec direct, and placing my faith in Clove Technology.  On their website they expect delivery 17th Feb.  Hopefully the God of Tech will smile upon me and get me the phone quickly.  (And preferably without any nasty viruses.)

I think it would require at the least one miracle for Clove to get it at Feb 17th.... The production of the next batch are very unlikely to start before the 10th, and it also has to be transported... So the chance of hem getting it before your order would be delivered is fairly minimal. IMHO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I think it would require at the least one miracle for Clove to get it at Feb 17th.... The production of the next batch are very unlikely to start before the 10th, and it also has to be transported... So the chance of hem getting it before your order would be delivered is fairly minimal. IMHO

Oh.  Coulda been good...  😒

Oh.  Coulda been good...  😒

Actually I could have been too pessimistic, They have been producing after the send and  before CNY! See this:

11 hours ago, Waxberry said:

Before the Chinese New Year when we ship the last big batch, we actually have also produced certain stages for the next batch. In fact that will cover almost all the pre-orders. 

However because of the virus no one knows when the traffic is re-open and people can get back to work.

But I want to let everyone rest assured that the product is indeed there its just waiting for the people to get our of the currently lock down situation...

• Thanks 1

delivery of my Pro1 is scheduled for Montréal for coming MON 2020-02-03 - although the package is kept since yesterday FRI at Mirabel, just a few kilometers away from here !

i guess that's a consequence for having it shipped with FedEx economy......

14 hours ago, pistikem said:

delivery of my Pro1 is scheduled for Montréal for coming MON 2020-02-03 - although the package is kept since yesterday FRI at Mirabel, just a few kilometers away from here !

i guess that's a consequence for having it shipped with FedEx economy......

I know that feeling. I'm at this very moment almost next door to the FedEx sort facility my phone is at- I can see it from outside, but I can't pick it up because there's no hold allowed on the package so I have to wait until Monday.

Edited by Party_Grunt
On 1/31/2020 at 9:09 AM, EskeRahn said:

Actually I could have been too pessimistic, They have been producing after the send and  before CNY! See this:

Unbelievable!  I'm getting it tomorrow. Assuming it actually arrives, that's 8 days from ordering it to getting it (29th Jan to 4th Feb).  

If anyone is in the UK (or possibly Europe?) and wants the phone soon, it seems that ordering from Clove is the way to go.  I only ordered it on Wednesday 29th Jan.

I now have to get my refund back from FxTec...  (I have already asked for it, but have only had an autoresponse so far.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unbelievable!  I'm getting it tomorrow. Assuming it actually arrives, that's 8 days from ordering it to getting it (29th Jan to 4th Feb).  

If anyone is in the UK (or possibly Europe?) and wants the phone soon, it seems that ordering from Clove is the way to go.  I only ordered it on Wednesday 29th Jan.

I now have to get my refund back from FxTec...  (I have already asked for it, but have only had an autoresponse so far.)

Am including @Erik to see if he has any info about how I can speed up the refund.  Am looking forward to getting the phone tomorrow (although not looking forward to the fingerprint sensor...)

Thats insane! ... hope it arrives with no more issues ... I ordered 2 weeks ago, still waiting (which I know isn't too bad compared w/ pre-orders)

• Like 1

ok, folks, i got my Pro1 an hour ago today, in Montréal Canada, featuring S/N 711.  very nice piece of heavy duty material, feels like metal, feels like a Leica M.  my Nokia N900 is still operational after 10 years but feels so small and a bit cheap too, as compared to this new FxTec.

anyway, let me now start setting it up, then register it with Bell, get a SIM card etc, then install openVPN and Termux and so on...

Edited by pistikem
  • Like 2