Got Your Pro1, Tracking Number or "Stock Assigned" message? POST HERE!

8 minutes ago, david said:

Anyone have any idea how those would compare with the ones from china that some of us have bought?

I have bought and received them but not applied one yet, they look significantly different from the chinese ones. They're flat initially like the included one, where the chinese ones are curved.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I GOT A TRACKING NUMBER!!!! 🤩 Email came though 2 hours ago but I just saw it now.  According to Fedex tracking, it's shipping from HK and should arrive 20/11.  Only problem is I've been procrastinati

"Good news! We have now assigned the stock for your Pro1 order." :-D. It's happening guys! I'm shaky from excitement, so happy.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, netman said:

I have bought and received them but not applied one yet, they look significantly different from the chinese ones. They're flat initially like the included one, where the chinese ones are curved.

That was my impression.  I'm wondering if they will peel up more than the curved ones would.  I'm also curious which ones are more impervious to sharp things.  I could certainly sacrifice a chinese one for testing.  I bought a bunch of them.  I could test it with knives, keys, corners of things, etc.  All when *off* the phone, mind you. :-)

I guess I could do similar tests to the fxtec supplied protector.  Although, there isn't any way to get any more of those, so I'd be out of luck if that one proved to be much more durable.  But other people could benefit from the knowledge.  If they both appear wimpy, I guess I can try to get a hold of other protectors.  I've always used InvisibleShield by Zagg for past phones.  I could try to get a cheap one of those for some other phone and test it.  I'm not sure if the On Demand system they have can be used for the Pro1.  Maybe I'll contact them.

https://www.zagg.com/en_us/invisibleshield/invisibleshield-on-demand

UPDATE:  I emailed them.  I'll report back if I hear anything.

UPDATE:  The online chat person said that they don't have the Pro1, Elephone U, or Elephone U Pro in their database. They said that the local kiosk locations for Zagg might be able to make a custom glass or non-glass protector on the spot.  I'll ask them next time I'm in a mall.

Edited by david
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Drum roll....

Hi, DAVID. Your package from EXPANSYS (HONG KONG) LIMITED was delivered Mon 1/27/2020 at 4:36pm.

Time to go outside and welcome the latest addition to the family.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, ermghoti said:

Arrived today, two days "early" and ahead of the storm bearing down on the Eastern US! 

As a West Coaster, my F(x)tec Pro1 also arrived two days before FedEx tracking said it would arrive.  I am currently off at university, and the phone is at my parents' house.  My parents will send it to me though.

Edit/clarification: mine also arrived January 27 when FedEx said it would arrive January 29

Edited by lizardgai4
A little more information
  • Like 5

Woo! Just arrived!! Would have been here a day earlier if not for a national holiday...

Serial #698, nothing special.

Already (mis)applied a screen protector (why include a protector and not actually have it preinstalled?), now to start the task of rooting it before I actually set it up for use (since you need to wipe it to root it).

Edited by lameboyadvance
word
  • Like 3

Just realized that those of us with our phones stuck in Taiwan probably got unlucky that they didn't leave before CNY started on the 23rd, which is the day of the last actual movement update for any of our devices. My delivery date also changed to pending instead of giving a date. Guess I'll contact FedEx to make sure.

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, Party_Grunt said:

Just realized that those of us with our phones stuck in Taiwan probably got unlucky that they didn't leave before CNY started on the 23rd, which is the day of the last actual movement update for any of our devices. My delivery date also changed to pending instead of giving a date. Guess I'll contact FedEx to make sure.

Yes, you'd need to call Fedex on that. For us, Expansys is the only authorised contact to request updates, and they are obviously off for the holidays. Seems like each country is treating shipments on their own terms.

• Sad 1
55 minutes ago, Erik said:

Yes, you'd need to call Fedex on that. For us, Expansys is the only authorised contact to request updates, and they are obviously off for the holidays. Seems like each country is treating shipments on their own terms.

I called this morning and, from what I could understand, my particular package is "waiting for the next available flight" and it appears to me that flights are still leaving Taiwan.  I guess we'll see where it goes today or tomorrow.  The guy I spoke with insisted that Chinese New Year wasn't affecting flights out of Taiwan, but it might be worth taking that with a grain of salt I suppose.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/RCTP

That being said, looking at the FlightAware site, it does look like flights are moving even as of now, so there may still be hope after all.

• Like 2

Very happy to tell that I finally got mine (preorder #10***, placed in March, paid in August) yesterday, January 27. A European QWERTY one, shipped to the Netherlands.

Minor delivery detail: when pre-ordering in March we were promised that by way of introduction the phone would be delivered complete with earphones. No such thing in the package. Ah well, no big deal I guess.

First usage impressions: 

Keyboard is a blessing indeed. Super! The screen is fine too, camera a bit average but good enough to live with. Hardware feels sturdy and design is OK except for one irritating thing: the inconvenient placement of the fingerprint sensor on the edge.

Software does feel less polished than the OnePlus system I was used to (seems for example to lack some extra customization options in Settings, and a few rough edges) but let's be honest: nothing essential is wrong. What I personally do miss most right now is that the launcher seems to have no option to use your own icon pack (so you get a much better-looking home screen). Does someone already know if a more customizable launcher such as Nova might work without problems here?

I also wonder, is there a more full manual for the keyboard online somewhere? With all the details for making the most of the special function keys etc.? Maybe I didn't search well enough, but I haven't found it yet.

Anyway. in the meantime I'm already having a lot of fun with it now.

Well, I hope for all people who are still waiting for delivery of their order that you will very soon be as happy as I am now!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, david said:

Anyone have any idea how those would compare with the ones from china that some of us have bought?

Update: I have applied one and thus far I like the chinese ones better. With the chinese ones there was some bubbles that kept coming back on the curved part which may be my fault for not applying it fully straight.

This brotect ones however... so far I just hate it. Applying was difficult because they have the thing that protects the adhesive split in two parts and the bottom (in portrait view) is somehow not cut off. It's a bit narrower than the other ones so doesn't cover as much of the screen although it's close. The protector itself feels very very thin and is flexible and rubbery, I destroyed the edge a bit just applying it.

On the plus side, it doesn't have the issue at the edge I had with the ones from aliexpress and seems to have a much lower tendency to form bubbles. And they shipped way faster.

Edited by netman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, henk.setten said:

Minor delivery detail: when pre-ordering in March we were promised that by way of introduction the phone would be delivered complete with earphones. No such thing in the package. Ah well, no big deal I guess.

Congrats. Should follow for the early pre-orders in a separate parcel, unless you specifically tell them you do not need it. (I did when the sent a mail maybe a week after the device arrived)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pr0udDragon said:

I called this morning and, from what I could understand, my particular package is "waiting for the next available flight" and it appears to me that flights are still leaving Taiwan.  I guess we'll see where it goes today or tomorrow.  The guy I spoke with insisted that Chinese New Year wasn't affecting flights out of Taiwan, but it might be worth taking that with a grain of salt I suppose.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/RCTP

That being said, looking at the FlightAware site, it does look like flights are moving even as of now, so there may still be hope after all.

I highly doubt that "waiting for the next available flight" takes 5 days. If I had to guess our packages are probably in the corner of a warehouse that's either unstaffed or understaffed during the holidays. The timing is just too coincidental considering Taiwan celebrates CNY. The packages are probably still in Expansys' hands and haven't made it over to FedEx (Never mind, I believe Expansys was only shipping from CN to HK, so FedEx is probably to blame here) When I'm able to call FedEx later I'll post what they tell me.

Edited by Party_Grunt
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Party_Grunt said:

I highly doubt that "waiting for the next available flight" takes 5 days. If I had to guess our packages are probably in the corner of a warehouse that's either unstaffed or understaffed during the holidays. The timing is just too coincidental considering Taiwan celebrates CNY. The packages are probably still in Expansys' hands and haven't made it over to FedEx. When I'm able to call FedEx later I'll post what they tell me.

And here I was thinking my delay was just because of the week long shutdown of all postal services in eastern newfoundland. 😛

Oh well, I was waiting either way.

• Haha 1

Order #48xx, ordered February 27th, paid August 1st, delivery to Finland/EU, no igg coupon, qwertz,  stock assigned email January 20th, tracking code January 22nd.

I received my Pro1 today. It has s/n 239.

Some thoughts:

Opening the keyboard made a loud sound but I noticed that behind the screen at left lower corner it was somehow popped out. After pushing it back in the sound is much quieter. The device is quite big to my hand but maybe I get used to it. Wifi seems to have quite bad reception but I don't know if it's because of the Sailfish port I'm using. However overall the device is really great and I like it a lot.

• Like 1

Clacker has arrived! Ordered on March 3rd, #7XXX, Toronto, scheduled for delivery tomorrow 29 Jan but arrived today. Phew!

Have applied all the updates and just getting used to the keyboard now. So far so good. But terrified of dropping it! Must figure out a case asap...

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jettis said:

Opening the keyboard made a loud sound but I noticed that behind the screen at left lower corner it was somehow popped out. After pushing it back in the sound is much quieter. The device is quite big to my hand but maybe I get used to it. Wifi seems to have quite bad reception but I don't know if it's because of the Sailfish port I'm using. However overall the device is really great and I like it a lot.

Check out the circular black stickers behind the screen! If any of them isn't stuck down properly, quite possibly the screw under it wasn't tightened properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1