On the pre-production status

6 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

Well how would you feel as a consumer that paid for an item over 4 months ago and never got it? The frustrations are well founded in my opinion.

It's all water under the bridge at this point. Live and learn. If anything I hope it gives you a better appreciation for how fast the industry moves

I paid for a Cosmo communicator significantly more than 4 months ago and I still see no device.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

11 hours ago, jlavi said:

I am not in UK but in EU. If the Brexit comes and Pro1 arrives after the Brexit, will I have to pay customs? BTW If Finland were to leave EU, it would be called Fixit.

From what have been say earlier they won't be taxes because what matter seam to be the transaction date.

12 hours ago, jlavi said:

I am not in UK but in EU. If the Brexit comes and Pro1 arrives after the Brexit, will I have to pay customs? BTW If Finland were to leave EU, it would be called Fixit.

They will have shipped them before that happens and even through brexit is in Jan 31st that really depends on the party that wins the general election so take it with a pinch of salt lol

17 hours ago, Zamasu said:

Middle of this week.

If the first batch is anything to go by, that would make sense. Stock assignment emails are only sent after they leave the factory, it was about 4 business days after they left for the first batch.

Where do you see mid week?

Regardless you can see the estimates getting pushed back slowly. Erik said last week units would leave the factory, now mid week.

21 hours ago, jlavi said:

I am not in UK but in EU. If the Brexit comes and Pro1 arrives after the Brexit, will I have to pay customs? 

You'd only have to pay customs if the delivery is delayed for 13 more months, and maybe not even in that case.  It's a condition of the Withdrawal Agreement that Brexit (if it goes ahead) will initially consist of a 'transition period' lasting until at least the end of December 2020, and that during the 'transition period' the UK will effectively still be in the EU's Customs Union = no customs charges or VAT.  After 13 months, who knows?

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Jim Chapman said:

After 13 months, who knows?

After 13 months we're very likely at a stage where the phones are sold from stock and also have other retailers available.
For example, the DragonBox Shop, based in Germany, is already taking additional pre-orders. That would be one option for EU customers to avoid importing if Brexit happens.
Nothing to really worry about at this stage indeed.

• Thanks 3

I ordered in June 5th;  I paid within hours of the payment email.

My order number is in the 16,500s  and the status says "processing".

I'm guessing that i'm boned until after Xmas, yes?  (USA order)

Actually, i haven't seen any word of a USA customer getting theirs...

Edited by YelloDumpling
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, YelloDumpling said:

I ordered in June 5th;  I paid within hours of the payment email.

My order number is in the 16,500s  and the status says "processing".

I'm guessing that i'm boned until after Xmas, yes?  (USA order)

Actually, i haven't seen any word of a USA customer getting theirs...

Look in this thread, unfortunately some paperwork-issues delaying the US deliveries.😥

9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Look in this thread, unfortunately some paperwork-issues delaying the US deliveries.😥

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I’ve been trying to keep up with all info here but apparently missed that bit. Lol I’m definitely not in the first batch anyway so hopefully they’ll  get it working before mine gets shipped. Ugh! I want this phone so bad 😩😂

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Bummer.    I didn't get any emails; Definitely not in the first batch.

I really want this phone;  I don't have a smart phone currently.   Using 4g Nokia 3310 ever since my Galaxy7Edge finally gave out...   I love my Nokia but... it's starting to annoy me.

Waiting for the phone but I think this is the last time I pre-order from a new company.

Edited by YelloDumpling
5 minutes ago, YelloDumpling said:

Qwertz was a last minute addition.

Considering the community worked together on the Pro1 QWERTZ layout back in March and QWERTZ being planned even for the Moto Mod, I'd disagree on that. It was late to be actually added to the order process, though.

That aside however, it's not like all EU orders are QWERTZ. There have been QWERTY phones shipped as well, just outside the US. This has nothing to do with the layouts.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, YelloDumpling said:

Waiting for the phone but I think this is the last time I pre-order from a new company.

Why? They're creating what we've desired for years but the big phone companies were too busy making what they thought we should desire instead. Helping them help us is how we get what we really wished we could have! :) I'll be lucky to have mine by Christmas (couldn't keep my preorder, had to place a regular order) but hey, when it comes, it's Christmas again. :)

EDIT: I'm still using a Droid 4, for crying out loud. :P I am indeed that committed to having a physical keyboard. I'm using it to post this!

Edited by silversolver
Continued thought
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Uncledingo said:

Has anyone from second batch recieved their shipping # ? Hoping we get ours this week

Second batch was possibly going to be leaving China this week. Which would hopefully mean stock allocation next week, delivery within three weeks after that. Maybe.

Edited by glumreaper
12 minutes ago, dreamflasher said:

3 pages ago when I asked about the 2nd batch, I was told by Eric that there is no 2nd batch. Now we are speaking about 2nd and 3rd batch again *sigh*…

I think you misunderstood something.

2nd and 3rd batch weren't on their way by then (maybe the second batch has left the factory by now), but they were talking about those all the time.

So yeah, there will be a second batch much bigger than the first one and (from their view) hopefully covering all preorders. General availability should be there in mid-december so all devices will (according to their plan) be shipped by then.

• Thanks 3