On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

10 hours ago, michael.bosscha said:

Not really. There's been ordernumbers circulating with 5 digits.

Exactly. This is why I said that, I wanted to give the range in which mine is. We know order numbers are not the main factor anyway, so there is no point in trying to sort them much more accurately.

Edited by matf
18 hours ago, Erik said:

...we are now making a lot more devices simultaneously. ...

702749931_WhatsAppImage2019-12-13at13_07_53.thumb.jpeg.70d4dd7861e8ba9d9cac231e2e202a95.jpeg

685158831_WhatsAppImage2019-12-13at13_07_55.thumb.jpeg.ca375d7b2cc99849ece00113c3fbd6a4.jpeg

A PR email ... early next week.

Are these old pics? I count 120 devices, I thought the first batch was 150 devices?

I have heard that “all preorders are expected before xmas” a few days later I was told “by the 20th”

This doesn’t seem possible unless they can put out 1000 devices per day. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, jlavi said:

My order number from Nov 15 is 42XXX. I would expect the new order numbers are already past 50k and soon past 100k and 6 digits are needed.

I think this is a bit overly optimistic, but it would be fantastic if this would happen as quickly as you expect.

34 minutes ago, rob said:

Are these old pics? I count 120 devices, I thought the first batch was 150 devices?

I have heard that “all preorders are expected before xmas” a few days later I was told “by the 20th”

nobody said that this is a whole batch. You can't expect of them to make a picture of every device. Not saying, that this isn't the whole batch but you can't deviate anything of this pics about the size

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Erik said:

Well, they are probably going to be off for the Chinese New Year, but we hope to have most, if not all devices made by then.

For all europe customers here a short hint.

Chinese New Year is not our new year. It is at 25.01.2020 ... so you know now not all is done even at the end of January 😉

• Confused 1
10 hours ago, michael.bosscha said:

Not really. There's been ordernumbers circulating with 5 digits.

I can't follow You. Of course there are 5-digit numbers. But we have a 4-digit number. And I suppose the will follow the numbers for the delivery. Mine was ordered in February 2019.

6 minutes ago, PanicBrothers said:

For all europe customers here a short hint.

Chinese New Year is not our new year. It is at 25.01.2020 ... so you know now not all is done even at the end of January 😉

So it looks like F(x)tec is in the latest schedule. They said that every week now on about 10-20% of devices should be produced. It is possible that they can make it before Chinese New Year. 😎

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Hamradio said:

And I suppose the will follow the numbers for the delivery.

100% not.

To do so you need a good organized Database and a well planed shipping logistic.

The problem should be the QWERTZ and QWERTY difference, too.

If you pack a complete batch (nobody knows how much devices is one btach, maybe only 100 Phones) you send QWERTY to USA. It is not possible to follow the correct order - or paysituation.

But for everybody here I think we will get the phones and that is the only important thing.

You can count it...maybe 15K Phones are ordered and paied. Take 600 Euros as a good middle balance you get 9 Millions.

This is the best basic that the payment is not lost in space, all will get the phones, because enough money is in the box.

FX Tech are more Nerd's than business people, that is why we will maybe love this device. You can root it...Lineage or Sailfish and at some Stage there are Phones in Stock and FX Tech can do what they like to do. Bugfixing and tech experience. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, rob said:

I think you better have a talk with your math teacher... The second of the quoted pictures shows 20x12 plates... 🥴 (assuming one layer only)

But on a more serious note, I'm pretty sure that these are fresh images, and thus NOT representing what has just been produced, but what is about to be produced.

(And the first image could be no lower than 157 we can actually see, but most likely around 170, assuming most frames we see partly holds six)

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, david said:

I am going to say 1680 pieces in the opened boxes with red bubble wrap, and 1080 screens in the stacked boxes.

How do you get to the 1080?

We can see 12 boxes, and we know the displays comes in frames of 6.  And given the size of the floor tiles, it is likely to only be 1 frame per layer. So the 1080 would be 12 x 6x15 but how do you get to the 15 layers? I tried to see if I can read anything on the labels on the large image, but couldn't.

57 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

How do you get to the 1080?

We can see 12 boxes, and we know the displays comes in frames of 6.  And given the size of the floor tiles, it is likely to only be 1 frame per layer. So the 1080 would be 12 x 6x15 but how do you get to the 15 layers? I tried to see if I can read anything on the labels on the large image, but couldn't.

I am totally guessing that there are 15 frames in each box, and that what was laid out represents one box that was emptied.  Unless one was taken away for use, there are an odd number of panels, so it wouldn't be from 2 boxes.  It could be 3 boxes worth (3x5).  That would make for 1/3 my guess.

There are 29 visible frames in that earlier picture.  If one was taken away, then that would jive with 2 boxes worth (2x15) as well.  (or 6 boxes worth)

Edited by david
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I tried to see if I can read anything on the labels on the large image, but couldn't.

Not on the label, but the top right box has "100pcs" written on it pretty clearly. What do the words above mean?

Edited by Raksura
Totally didn't mistake my right and my left. Nobody saw anything, ignore the quote below.
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Not on the label, but the top left box has "100pcs" written on it pretty clearly. What do the words above mean?

No idea, but 15x6 = 90, which is sort of close to 100. 😉

If fxtec wants to send me a box, I'll do a good write up on it. 😂

Edited by david
13 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Not on the label, but the top right box has "100pcs" written on it pretty clearly. What do the words above mean?

Noticed that, but I think that is us interpreting some Chinese signs wrong. We know it comes in frames of six, so we would expect the box to be 96 then, Sounds odd it should have a partially full layer with 4 as the 17th layer....

And if it was for each crate, why only written on one and by hand? Sounds more like something that goes for the shipment as a whole.

36 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

We know it comes in frames of six, so we would expect the box to be 96 then, Sounds odd it should have a partially full layer with 4 as the 17th 16th 17th layer....

Slight correction of my slight correction.  @EskeRahn wins the gold star in simple math today and I lose. 😉

Edited by david
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Nope 100 would be 16*6+4, so the four would be the 17th layer.

HA!  I was going off my previous post where I multiplied wrongly! LOL 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, jlavi said:

My order number from Nov 15 is 42XXX. I would expect the new order numbers are already past 50k and soon past 100k and 6 digits are needed.

I ordered mine on Dec 5th and my order ID is 44,5xx

Not that much higher...

Sent the following message to support about 5 min ago...

Placed my pre-order on 09MAR2019.

Paid in full on 01AUG2019 when I got the payment request.

Order number 83xx.  Total $698.54 including tax.

On 06NOV2019 I contacted support asking where my phone was as it had been 96 days since my credit card was charged.

In part, the reply was

'The first batch of the Pro1 has now been shipped, and some of our customers will start having their orders delivered in the coming week. As this is a relatively small batch, it doesn't seem like it includes your order. The next batches will follow in mid-November. Please keep an eye on your email for the latest updates.'

It is now the middle of December, 138 days since my card was charged.

Three days ago, my current phone died while traveling.  I was forced to find a cheap, right NOW replacement... an HTC626.

I am now using a 5 year old phone that was pretty low performance when it was new.

By the time you get this, it will be 15DEC2019.

I no longer have any more time to waste.  I need to get a replacement phone now.

So, by 31DEC2019, I either need a tracking number showing that the phone is in the hands of the carrier, (not a 'shipping label generated' message), or a full refund to my credit card.

At that time, you will have had 153 days since payment to have filled my order.

Enough is enough.

If you will be unable to complete my order by 31DEC2019, please refund my payment.

Thank you,

--

• Like 1
  • Sad 3