On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Haven't visited this forum in months after I took out a refund. I see progress on fulfilling pre-orders has been slow but steady. I kinda knew it would take up until February for some pre-orders to arrive, which is why I took out a refund in the first place, but once everyone gets their devices I might order one again when they are stocked up at least, knowing it will be shipped almost immediately. It will be either Pro1 with a Scandinavian layout or the new Razr. Will keep an eye on the progress, since I still want a keyboard phone, although I think I jumped on the hype train a bit too soon.

40 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

Yes they do.

Was thinking about telling support I don't need them but now I'll will keep them. 🙂

I will order them with the phone just because they look cool 🙂

Edited by AnnieC
  • Haha 2

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can also tell is that I bought a Pro1 from a friend who had a preorder with IGG. He received the phone last week and found it to large as his daily driver.

So since yesterday evening I am now the owner of a Pro1! I can tell you all it is worth the wait. Yes the phone has pro's and cons which I will describe later in the "Independent reviews" topic. 

For all who are curious, S/N is 000211.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10

Dear Community,

I noticed several of you who know logistics and phone manufacturing very well.

I wanted therefore to ask about your experience on dispatching manufactured goods before the Chinese New Year holidays.

Fxtec has informed that they want to dispatch what they have manufactured / all preorders before Chinese New Year.

According to your experience, when should the devices leave the factory, so they do not get stuck at customs?

My understanding is that the devices need to go through the Chinese customs / HK customs before the Chinese New Year.

All I remember is that everything already slows down the week before Chinese New Year since workers are traveling back to their hometown a few days before.

Thanks

Hmmmm.... 1 hour drive to crossing, then half  hour to 'HK Dispatch Center".

Wikipedia says the crossing is open 24 hours, but dunno if they actually close for holiday or something.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lok_Ma_Chau_Control_Point

If what Chen predicted comes true and they finish making them this week, they've got all next week to get them to HK and send to ppl... seems doable... and if they miss that, HK doesn't have quite as long as holiday as PRC, only a few days...  so shipping by end of the month is possible (which is the last business day of the week commencing on the 27th of January; Erik uses lotsa words to say 31st of January).

I'm crossing fingers for em 😉

route.thumb.jpg.d3a32847fb61ce2b391cdcd50264cd5d.jpg

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 1/9/2020 at 7:34 AM, rlpowell said:

Anybody have a decent estimate as to how long I'd be waiting if I ordered a phone right now?

When I ordered, it was pre-order and money was asked some time later and for the past 6 months there is constant promise to deliver phone in 1 month.

Does the fxtec offer to take your money already? I would wait for some time, until they get their production issues solved.

There seems to be some beginner issues and those can really anger customers, by giving out some unhelpful promises(that could be realistically achieved only if some magic or miracle was involved) and it doesn't really help, that customers aren't very realistic either.

This post is kind of off-topic, so sorry about that. It should be hidden because of that.

21 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

And "annoying" is what, a constructive argument? 

No, didn't say that. What I find annoying, i.e. fallacies, are almost the opposite of constructive. If you were talking about my comment, then no, at that point I didn't bother to be constructive anymore since what I brought was dismissed with fallacies.

If being "annoyed" makes you continue to annoy others, do you really think that will make the situation become less annoying for you? Or do you mean others should shut up, after your utterances of annoyance? 

I disagree that I'm being annoying. I'm not trying to be annoying, and what I post is, as far as I know, true. I'm just trying to make the community a better place really, if people are annoyed by that, then I don't think that's my problem.

Just because you repeatedly accuse people of things ("fallacies" is only one of them; I've been on the receiving end of that already, too), that does not make it a correct description of reality.

Didn't say it was. Kind of a pointless statement.

And even if what you wrote contained "constructive criticism" once

My argument wasn't that I posted constructive criticism once.

any constructivity that might have existed went away in the sheer repetitions

I disagree that that's how it works. If people don't listen, you don't just stop trying to convince them.

unsubstantiated accusations

I'm sorry, what? Still talking about me?

and obtrusive defenses which followed

Don't see how that works.

Some people just don't know when it's enough.

Like when somebody continues to attack somebody, even though they've said this should be the point to stop talking off-topic, and after saying it's not smart to continue to make the community toxic like this?

Anyone who doesn't like how things went, how long it took, how Fxtec communicated, deserves respect and understanding. But nothing will be sped up, no-one will be made to improve communications by endlessly exaggerating and repeating the same accusations, not all of which are even substantiated.

Don't really see what that's got to do with my comment, but I disagree. Not only do you strawman again, since there have been different arguments. But if those arguments were implemented then communication would improve. Sure, it might not be easy to do for F(x)tec, but I fail to see why these new arguments shouldn't be discussed.

Do you even think about what you want to achieve here

Yes,

and what your activity actually does achieve? 

Yes, I thought that was kind of obvious from the post. That trying to argue with that same person was extremely pointless.

Do you just want to insist that you "should be able" to vent your anger, on and on and on, or do you want things to improve? 

Another fallacy, false dillema this time. So, no. I'd like this community to be better, to not just attack people. To not just argue with fallacies. To bring actual arguments, and not ones that are just so full of holes that people spend more time trying to counter all the fallacies.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, abielins said:

It would be nice, but let's be honest with ourselves... Fxtec is doing the best they can but they have never met any deadline.

True.  But for some reason, I think the planets are more in alignment this time.  I'm guessing they'll at least get out a good chunk of them this time.  I could be wrong, of course. :-)

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, david said:

True.  But for some reason, I think the planets are more in alignment this time.  I'm guessing they'll at least get out a good chunk of them this time.  I could be wrong, of course. 🙂

I would certainly love to believe in that, but I will remain skeptical until I have a tracking number for my order.

45 minutes ago, abielins said:

I would certainly love to believe in that, but I will remain skeptical until I have a tracking number for my order.

History is definitely on your side.  😂

• Like 1

To follow up, on a side note, on something I wrote in a now-closed thread about that "PrinCube" Indiegogo campaign where even I was already close to suspecting fraud after the communication had been even worse than here, the first few devices (after all deliveries were promised to be fulfilled before Christmas) have actually been delivered. So, no fraud there, either, although I suspect I won't get my item before March, maybe April. The biggest problem for communication to backers seems to be that the people who started the campaign don't get much feedback from the factory...

• Thanks 1

It's a long shot that anyone will know this here, but maybe @Erik does. I placed my order after the 650 shekel phone had gone the way of the dodo. I think it was sometime in November. Is this order likely to be included in this pre-CNY batch or delivered some time after the hangover subsides? :P

I'm not going to be upset either way, but am curious. We humans have a strange obsession with predicting the future. :)

30 minutes ago, silversolver said:

It's a long shot that anyone will know this here, but maybe @Erik does. I placed my order after the 650 shekel phone had gone the way of the dodo. I think it was sometime in November. Is this order likely to be included in this pre-CNY batch or delivered some time after the hangover subsides? 😛

I'm not going to be upset either way, but am curious. We humans have a strange obsession with predicting the future. 🙂

It is getting more worse as days are passing...probably they are going to ruin my holidays...

9 hours ago, silversolver said:

@ErikIs this order likely to be included in this pre-CNY batch or delivered some time after the hangover subsides?

I asked support in the second half of September if they could at least give me a hint about how many people were still in front of my March order. They would only direct me to the then latest statement of their goal to fulfill all orders by the end of January as they have no access to the names of customers.