On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

actually I should work in software right now, but no motivation so I post here....

Everyone knows how you feel. In fact, we're all browsing threads here to refresh them now and then, between two e-mail checks, in the hope that something significant about our Pro¹ shows up at some point. I wonder how much our collective impatience translated into online procrastination negatively contributes to the GDP of our countries. 

Well, I do not particularly believe GDP should keep increasing continually, so I guess I'll just click on "Home" here, see if one of my threads shows up in bold font. 

Edited by matf
  • Like 1

Well, in my desperation I asked support.

Just assuming on my part they were not given false information by management, another EU batch is due to leave the factory by the end of this week. Stock assignments should start going out early next week.

I am heavily skeptical but fingers crossed......for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
9 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

another EU batch is due to leave the factory by the end of this week. Stock assignments should start going out early next week.

Nice to know. 🙂

That sounds familiar, so I take it we get one batch per week. The info is rather incomplete without even an order of magnitude for what constitutes a batch though.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Is it? How can you be sure? I really want Pro1 but history tells me that I am not going to get it.

Youyota tablet: After multiple issues with production, financing and schedule a small number of devices was shipped in autumn 2015, while the company stated in December 2015, that due to lack of necessary components that are not available any longer the production was stopped.

Moto Mod Keyboard: Even so small batch of Lite versions were delivered Livermorium canceled the QWERTY keyboard add-on for the Moto Z series in September 2018, because of technical and financial difficulties

F(x)tec Pro1: A small batch of devices are delivered but we do not know what is currently happening. Is the production still going?

I want F(x)tec to success but this does not look good.

This is a WARNING! Stop deliberately spreading hyperboloid stuff where you already have been corrected by others and me. The first is NOT these guys, The second is an outright lie, where all were offered full refunds. (And they offered existing prototypes, or Pro1 coupons for those that preferred that)

(My strike outs)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
2 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Nice to know. 🙂

That sounds familiar, so I take it we get one batch per week. The info is rather incomplete without even an order of magnitude for what constitutes a batch though.

Yeah, we have no idea how big a batch is..I assume small (maybe 100-200 units). I think we can conclude they can't dish out bigger ones unless that screen issue is completely resolved but we have no info on that either. What happened to the "faulty" devices? Scrapping them completely would be a crime so I guess those will be fixed instead.

In the end all is just speculation :/.

• Like 1

Let me add some actual new info, just got a response from the support:

As you are Indiegogo backer, your order is coming with the 3rd batch due to leave the factory later this week. I expect, but don't guarantee, that you will receive your stock assigned message early next week, and the tracking details later next week.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

This is a WARNING! Stop deliberately spreading hyperboloid stuff where you already have been corrected by others and me. The first is NOT these guys, The second is an outright lie, where all were offered full refunds.

I have not said that F(x)tec is same company than the company who was working on the other project. I have not said that Livermorium did not give refund either.

F(x)tec is not scamming us.

Chen was just funding the tablet project. Nothing else.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 1
Just now, FlyingAntero said:

I have not said that F(x)tec is same company than the company who was working on Youyota tab. I have not said that Livermorium did not give refund either. I was just saying that those two devices never make it. F(x)tec is not scamming us, is it just are they able to deliver.

Chen was funding Youyota project. Nothing else.

And moto mod had issues with third parties which could probably never be resolved, yet Chen handled it like a champion and a winner. And I am certain the lessons learned will help to make the Pro1 successful :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 11/26/2019 at 6:47 PM, jjarmasz said:

I can only hope our Canadian orders will not be routed through the US...

I reached out to support about this, they were vague about it. Either it's shipped direct from Hong Kong or routed through US, depending on cost, and they use Fedex/UPS/DHL. I told them that if it's imported direct I hope I can get the tracking and invoice directly, so I can clear it with the CBSA directly rather than getting a large bill from those analytical-therapists... I mean, couriers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, netman said:

And moto mod had issues with third parties which could probably never be resolved, yet Chen handled it like a champion and a winner. And I am certain the lessons learned will help to make the Pro1 successful :).

I hope the same ☺️.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have contacted support yesterday and had some mail conversation.
Today they have shared some valuable information with me and I have asked if I am allowed to share their reply with you.

As now I have permission to share it, here is what support wrote:

Dear (removed),

There are batches leaving our factory every week, and there are batches being shipped to customers every week from now on. They are not collected in a warehouse until a large quantity is met, even though that would be more cost effective for us.

The 2nd batch is being posted to customers tonight, and those with stock assigned letters will have their tracking forwarded to them tomorrow when we get in the office

The 3rd batch which will have more QWERTZ units is arriving by the end of this week in our HK hub, from there, it will be forwarded to Europe, or directly to customers with pre-paid customs to speed it up by a few days. The logistics team is currently adding QWERTZ and QWERTY units in the shipping list for the 3rd batch, and the stock assigned letters should be sent early next week. 

Then the 4th batch will follow next week, 5th the week after and so on.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

• Like 3
  • Thanks 16
Just now, FlyingAntero said:

I hope the same but the current situation makes me nervous.

Current situation from what I see it is just:
- Delays happen because this is what it is, startup company making a phone, it is entirely normal.

- Don't know exactly when ready, but very soon now!

- Not everyone is comfortable waiting with only the above info.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

I have not said that F(x)tec is same company than the company who was working on Youyota tab. I have not said that Livermorium did not give refund either. I was just saying that those two devices never make it. F(x)tec is not scamming us, it is just that are they able to deliver.

Chen was funding Youyota project. Nothing else.

So ZERO reason to mention either as related to this project. It is a warning, and NOT an invitation to a discussion!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, A Dude said:

Really? For a pair of $5 ear buds you made a buying decision of ~$700? Hard to believe, but if you say so I have no choice but trust your statement.

No I didn't make the buying decision based on the ear buds and case.  I already wanted the phone.  However, I made the 'pre-order' decision based on the freebies that come with pre-ordering otherwise I could have just waited and kept my money until general release.  

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

So ZERO reason to mention either as related to this project. It is a warning, and NOT an invitation to a discussion!

I believe that you are not fair with me. I have not said anything wrong. For example you overlined the section where I wrote that small batch of Lite units were shipped.

Indiegogo page, February Major Update

"Shipment of the first batch of “Lite” Keyboard Mods (K1L)

We are pleased to announce that we have started to fulfil the Non-battery orders from 31st Jan. Here are some unbox pictures and unit pictures."

• Thanks 1

Forgive me pls, if I repeat what someone else may have said today, as I have not time yet to read all of today's posts ... but today @ 15:17 support wrote:

"We are finding the recent developments in the forum surprising given that we are now finally shipping new batches every week."

my only thought, I've not heard this before...

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Tim6263 said:

Forgive me pls, if I repeat what someone else may have said today, as I have not time yet to read all of today's posts ... but today @ 15:17 support wrote:

"We are finding the recent developments in the forum surprising given that we are now finally shipping new batches every week."

my only thought, I've not heard this before...

so someone is reading 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

I believe that you are not fair with me. I have not said anything wrong. For example you overlined the section where I wrote that small batch of Lite units were shipped.

Indiegogo page, February Major Update

"Shipment of the first batch of “Lite” Keyboard Mods (K1L)

We are pleased to announce that we have started to fulfil the Non-battery orders from 31st Jan. Here are some unbox pictures and unit pictures."

Stand corrected, that part of the strike through has been removed.

• Thanks 2