On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

I just got the Pro1 Update December Mail.

The Mail I just waited for.

@FxTec...why this took so long????

I'm only customer and not your friend. We may have the same interest to have this great phone but this mail came to late...You should send it in November.

we expect everyone who pre-ordered to receive their devices between now and end of January.

put there end of febuary and you have space left.

Everytime remember. The people without a Phone by now pay what fxtech want or need.

This Mail should be send month ago.

For me all is fine now.

Only the Phone is the real PRO here.

Regards

Panic Brothers

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Raksura said:

I am unclear on whether this also means EU customers are sent their devices directly as US ones are.

It seems pretty clear to me that, for now, future shipments will go straight to customer from Hong Kong, regardless where on Earth said customer has it delivered.

The part about that that is unclear to me, is if that applies to the 3rd batch that will be assigned shortly?  I'm guessing yes, cuz we only know about that cuz of Erik's pre-announcement...

For the 2nd batch, shipping from HK only applied outside Europe, confirmed by 2nd batch Europeans who received tracking info originating in UK, and are presently awaiting delivery this week (and outside Europe, reported deliveries in Japan & USA originating from Hong Kong last week).

And it would have been nice for them to guess when the 4th batch might get assigned... just so people know if there's any chance of getting them by Christmas, etc if they don't get assigned third batch. 

And it would have been nice to know if all the rest of IGG backers will be in 3rd batch, or still some leftover for fourth.  Of course we'll probably figure that out ourselves once 3rd batch assigned...

I know I know I already have mine... but I'm anxious for others to get them too, to join me in this experience... (and of course help figure stuff out that I haven't yet, like how to get the clock to the right right of status bar, and for someone to try US Sprint, etc etc).

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Craig said:

(and of course help figure stuff out that I haven't yet, like how to get the clock to the right right of status bar, and for someone to try US Sprint, etc etc).

I saw that in your recent screenshot and assumed you did something special (or used a special app) to get it over to the left side! LOL

"we expect everyone who pre-ordered to receive their devices between now and end of January."  TBH, for me, I think Fx are still over promising. Given time so far, nearly 4 months; the very limit quantity they've delivered so far, not even all IGG backers; that Christmas, western NY, then Chinese NY all come between now & end of Jan.: it has to be seriously unrealistic to expect ALL pre orders to be fulfilled in a few weeks?  Should we really expect a tripling, or even quadrupling, of production, in such a short space of time, over such an extended holiday period?  Not with their record to date; I reckon end of Feb. would be much more realistic.  Why, oh why, do they continue to set themselves up to disappoint & fail???

• Like 1

I can not read the words "batch" or "IGG Coupon" anymore.

We all know this is a fu***ing piece of...what else. Money is transfered and all is nonsense.

It is shipped at the day it is shipped. Screen problems or what else. As a customer this are all not my problems and FXTech have to solve it.

End from Febuary I wait for my Phone...And I hope it worth the time.

And by the way 🙂 As a Software Developer I take a shit on Saftey Net by google 😄 😄 this is why I buy the Pro1 😉

• Sad 1

I don't think the delay is due to the events, UPS changed the scheduled delivery when the status went to "Picked up" to "In transit" in the same location. Probably they realized one-day international delivery was a bit optimistic. I expect further delay if the strikes/protests actually interfere with UPS.

Plus I agree with the protestors' claims. 😮 

Edited by matf
32 minutes ago, david said:

I saw that in your recent screenshot and assumed you did something special (or used a special app) to get it over to the left side! LOL

Nah, its a Pie thing apparently.  Moved over even in AOSP so there's more room in the middle for camera notches.

36 minutes ago, silversolver said:

BOO! Protestors are becoming such a huge problem. [tongue bleeding, must resist urge to comment further.....ehhr....aahk....]

[Sarcasm]

Let us forgive them. Had they known that it could cause some to have the delivery of a Pro1 delayed a whole day, they obviously would never have went on strike, no matter their other reasons...

[/Sarcasm]

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PanicBrothers said:

we expect everyone who pre-ordered to receive their devices between now and end of January.

put there end of feb[r]uary...

Yes, or even better, MUCH better would be IF they wrote: "Our desire is for everyone who pre-ordered to receive their devices by the end of February.  However, with all that's happened the past few months, we have learned that we cannot predict what will happen.  Thus, the end of February isn't a guarantee, but we are trying as hard as we can to make it happen.  Thank you for all your help, encouragement, support, and, especially, your understanding."

Edited by Polaris
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Yes, or even better, MUCH better: "Our desire is for everyone who pre-ordered to receive their devices by the end of February.  However, with all that's happened the past few months, we have learned that we cannot predict what will happen.  Thus, the end of February isn't a guarantee, but we are trying as hard as we can to make it happen.  Thank you for all your help, encouragement, support, and, especially, your understanding."

Sorry for the missing "r" ... sometimes a foreign loan from school is a long time ago.

Better 😉

01100100011001010110110001101001011101100110010101110010001000000110110101111001001000000111000001101000011011110110111001100101

Edited by PanicBrothers
26 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

[Sarcasm]

Let us forgive them. Had they known that it could cause some to have the delivery of a Pro1 delayed a whole day, they obviously would never have went on strike, no matter their other reasons...

[/Sarcasm]

[Sarcasm]

No way, no how!  There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for this and everyone responsible, in even the slightest way, should be shot!

[/Sarcasm]

7 minutes ago, PanicBrothers said:

Sorry for the missing "r" ... sometimes a foreign loan from school is a long time ago.

Your kidding right?  Nothing to apologize for, the missing r could have just been a typo.  It's amazing to me how well those from non-English as their first language countries write in English (which is far from easy!).  Heck, English is my first language and, due to lack of sleep, I didn't even spell the word "hear"  correctly the other day!

Separately, Google SafetyNet means absolutely nothing to me either.  Nonetheless, I have been using the loo when taking care of business. 😀

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, PanicBrothers said:

Better 😉

01100100011001010110110001101001011101100110010101110010001000000110110101111001001000000111000001101000011011110110111001100101

This reminds me of a t-shirt from my university days:

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread feels really nasty to me. I feel as though the OP is just trying to make F(x)tec out to be liars. I didn't order until November, but wouldn't put my info here if I had been part of the initial preorder because this just feels like twisting a rope to use to hang someone. The OP practically said as much. Kill the dream? Seriously? Please, stop posting your info, and remove it if you already did. This is nothing more than someone with a grudge trying to build hatred. Don't feed the hate, and don't feed the troll!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
11 hours ago, Craig said:

There's already a thread for people to report stock assigned, tracking numbers, and delivery.   So I kinda think this thread is pointless, cuz everyone who posts is just confirming they haven't receiving any of those three things yet; once they have one of those,, the other thread becomes relevant.

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2463-got-your-pro1-tracking-number-or-stock-assigned-message-post-here/

image.png.64a8cae91b42c3f6febdc1ef9ae4f476.png

You've missed the point; this is a grudge thread, designed to help the OP make the case that F(x)tec is terrible. I hope people stop feeding his hate-mongering!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, silversolver said:

This thread feels really nasty to me. I feel as though the OP is just trying to make F(x)tec out to be liars. I didn't order until November, but wouldn't put my info here if I had been part of the initial preorder because this just feels like twisting a rope to use to hang someone. The OP practically said as much. Kill the dream? Seriously? Please, stop posting your info, and remove it if you already did. This is nothing more than someone with a grudge trying to build hatred. Don't feed the hate, and don't feed the troll!

Maybe you are right, I would not call myself an expert in humans, but, this might also be a thread to understand whether the orders are assigned based on a rule that was provided to us, namely: IGG + payment date + somewhat qwertz. From other places it might seem like this is no longer the case and one might think that they are forgotten, slipped through the cracks or whatever, this thread to me shows that we're all in this together, who ordered long ago, who paid immediately, some have IGG and still waiting somewhat patiently, just a pain-sharing group therapy thread, Pro1olics anonymous, I would not bet on trolling

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, dreamflasher said:

@Erik I was hoping that all IGG backers would be fulfilled with the 3rd batch, would you be so kind to post an update towards this? Are IGG backers still prioritized? How many backers are there? How many have been fulfilled so far? How many devices are produced per day?

@Erik I would like to ask the state of batch 3 - has it arrived to UK or batch 3 was not shipped but going to ship devices directly from China even for those who were supposed to be in batch 3?

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, silversolver said:

On the flip side... 😀  Since F(x)tec isn't being forthcoming with info about how many units have shipped, where things stand with production quantities, roughly how many pre-orders exist, etc., etc., etc., it is kind of nice to see some factual numbers, and get a feeling for where they are with fulfillment.  It was only a couple of weeks ago that many people believed there was a real possibility of F(x)tec getting caught up by Christmas.  However, I could tell from those posting these same numbers in other threads, that Christmas wasn't an actual possibility.  However, many of those who believed it have been seriously let down and are, once again, disappointed.  Clearly, I'm not one of them as I didn't have this expectation due to using simple math to determine that the expectation was unrealistic.

For whatever reason, the guys at F(x)tec wait until the very last moment to announce that another promise of theirs won't be met.  This only serves to build distrust, and make them appear dishonest (neither of which I believe them to be).  For this reason, I believe this thread does contain valuable information for the consumer, and can be used in a constructive manner.  Personally, I find it very interesting that some IGG backers with five and seven thousand order numbers (and quick payments -maybe not immediate, but quick) still aren't fulfilled.  It clearly reveals that those of us who are not in the front of the line shouldn't get our hopes up for delivery anytime soon!  This helps keep sanity, and, in my case, allows me to remain calm and just wait it out without unrealistic expectations.

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
13 hours ago, shani said:

Because tbh, 650€ is a lot of money for some of us, money some can't afford to go without (or in my case: I had to actually borrow it) for half a year.

And if that wasn't enough, my current phone is losing value every month. I was actually planning to sell it back in August/September and use those funds to finance part of the purchase. But by the time the pro1 actually arrives, it'll probably only be worth half of what it was back then.

not to be mean or anything - but seriously - if you are THAT short on money, you really should not waste it on an expensive phone. There is NOTHING a 200€ phone + 30€ BT-keyboard cannot do what the pro1 could. The only difference is convenience.

Really - using a credit to buy a phone is a very bad decision. You should ask for a refund, no matter the delivery time!

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, silversolver said:

I see this as a simple way of researching for probable shipping dates.

Every month we are told that all devices will be shipped by the end of the next month.

In October it was the end of November, in November it was definitely before Christmas. In the latest mail they expect all devices to be shipped by the end of January. FxTec can't be trusted timewise, so it's our way of learning when (and which) devices are shipped.

In opposite of the attitude of fxtec, I don't feel hate reading the numbers, I just change my expectations. Something that isn't really possible with FxTec timelines.

• Like 2