On the pre-production status

(I am assuming all these posts are going to be moved, so I'll join the conversion in the wrong thread anyway)

5 minutes ago, sequestris said:

I'm with Hook. I think if there was any sort of fee they wouldn't have it listed as no signature required.

From experience, you have two possibilities for paying import fees: either they ask during delivery, or they mail you the invoice later.

The choice is not always up to you (I know that my local FedEx goes for the second option, and does not mention that there will be a fee later during delivery).

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Hook said:

Since you have used the phrase about Eric being honest a couple of times, I'd just like to say that I don't think Eric has *ever* been dishonest. I think information he has given at one point in time has turned out to be not how things ended up, but I don't think that makes him a liar.  I do think it's great that he is communicating more frequently. 🙂

I was not trying to suggest that he was a liar as such.

I agree with you and unfortunately as he is the member of the FxTec team that responds and updates (is on the front line with customers) he is the reference when it comes to the messages of its coming this month, nope next month etc.

When I say Erik it is in reference to the rest of the FxTec team passing on genuine information for him to share. I can only imagine that in regards to giving customer updates on the forum he will need to get correct information from relevant teams. Personally I now feel a bit more like the covering and half truths and 'tell them what they wanna hear' part is coming to an end. Why I spoke of the company taking it as an L and making it a W. 🙂

I am not trying to suggest that he is a bull face liar. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Raksura said:

(I am assuming all these posts are going to be moved, so I'll join the conversion in the wrong thread anyway)

From experience, you have two possibilities for paying import fees: either they ask during delivery, or they mail you the invoice later.

The choice is not always up to you (I know that my local FedEx goes for the second option, and does not mention that there will be a fee later during delivery).

I admit I have never had a package delivered with a duty/tariff owed, so I can't say for sure, but I think in the US they would do the former, not the latter.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, abielins said:

I'm from Canada, no stock assigned yet, and I don't think anyone else from this country has had any either. I'm not really sure what the US customs situation means for us.

In Canada as well. "Pre-order available, payment required" email was at 09:30 on August 1st, payment receipt was 10:29, and the "order received" email from f(x)tec was at 11:26. I would like to think that I'm near the top of the list of Canadian non-IGG pre-orders, but who knows?

2 hours ago, Erik said:

Scheduled for arrival in our UK warehouse tomorrow, but the team in the warehouse will probably take an additional 12 or so hours to book the stock in and then ship it out. It's moving!

Awesome, thanks for the follow-up! This means the shy tracking numbers for EU second batch should show up by the end of the week, and hopefully delivery next week. Hopefully, because where I am at the moment, there are massive strikes and protests. I'm not against those strikes, I actually believe they are justified, but this means a 48-hour shipping time becomes a 5-10-day shipping time. And one hour without my new toy feels like 5 hours of pain, therefore doing the calculation makes me cry. 😮

Edited by matf
41 minutes ago, cerialphreak said:

@sequestris Are you by any chance going to use yours with T-Mobile? If so would you mind reporting back on LTE performance?

@cerialphreak

I am going to be using mine with T-mobile so I will report back here as soon as I have something to report. I am really hoping that it's just a matter of popping in the SIM card and going and that I won't have to go to the T-Mobile store.

Edited by sequestris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, sequestris said:

I'd say that is pretty specific 😄
Illinois.
I'm not a backer of any sort.
I placed my order on 04/08/19, made payment on 08/01/19.

I am mostly happy to report that my cute, sad, little Nexus 5 from 2012 running KitKat 4.4.2 kept up the good fight and made it to today!

Wow, KitKat, you are a diehard!  LOL.  Enjoy the Pro1!

38 minutes ago, sequestris said:

@cerialphreak

I am going to be using mine with T-mobile so I will report back here as soon as I have something to report. I am really hoping that it's just a matter of popping in the SIM card and going and that I won't have to go to the T-Mobile store.

Awesome! You should just be able to swap sim cards (assuming they're the same size. My biggest concern was that the pro 1 doesn't support every single Tmob LTE band and I was wondering how that would affect speed/ coverage.

3 hours ago, vasilii.rasskazov said:

I'm IGG backer, track number 160XX, but still get nothing.  Early they not send me IGG voucher code until I wrote about this on the forum.

At now I see not IGG backers with "stock assigned". Well, gracias, good job.

And I not to mention about "delays"....

Similar situation for me - IGG backer, pre-order in the 116XX range, prompt payment in 2 minutes and still no stock assignment e-mail for my QWERTZ order.

I hope I will be in batch 3 as it seems people have started to have stock assignment e-mails even without IGG coupon.
I assume there were too few QWERTZ units manufactured to fulfill these orders but I hope what they wrote a higher amount of QWERTZ devices in batch 3 means that we will also receive our units in batch 3.

So if I understood well, orders which have IGG coupon without stock assignment mails seem to be mostly QWERTZ orders.

I hope to receive a stock assignment e-mail shortly.

• Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, mv said:

53XX

Thanks. Mine is 78xx, no coupon, Minnesota, paid a day earlier than you, but your order number must have somehow won out.  Fingers crossed for being in the next batch!

57 minutes ago, david said:

Thanks. Mine is 78xx, no coupon, Minnesota, paid a day earlier than you, but your order number must have somehow won out.  Fingers crossed for being in the next batch!

The order numbers are most likely non-sequential. I think that was called out elsewhere in the forum.

7 minutes ago, cerialphreak said:

The order numbers are most likely non-sequential. I think that was called out elsewhere in the forum.

They are in order, but there are gaps.  The order of shipping was supposed to go:

1) Used coupon + paid date/time

2) Paid date/time

The order number would only come into play in that those people with earlier order numbers would be given a chance to pay earlier.

How it was supposed to go and how it did go/is going do not match, for whatever reason.

8 minutes ago, cerialphreak said:

As far as I understood well, they are sequential but not consequent.

I mean between #10000 and #11000 can be less devices than between #11000 and #12000 because every cart had its own number but not every cart went through and became a real order.

Also, it seems mostly payment date matters and that way handling orders will not be the same as sequential order numbers.
(However, I don't know how date of payment request and payment dates are compensated, it they were compensated at all - I have a feeling that the mechanism is not perfect...)

26 minutes ago, Craig said:

Mine arrived.  Made a video opening and booting it.  Not very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDnrt8pJQ0

I'd be interested to know how quickly / easily you adapt to the shifted keyboard - I'm still undecided on whether to follow go with the QWERTZ version myself.

Edited by okayphoneme
5 hours ago, cerialphreak said:

Awesome! You should just be able to swap sim cards (assuming they're the same size. My biggest concern was that the pro 1 doesn't support every single Tmob LTE band and I was wondering how that would affect speed/ coverage.

No LTE on T-Mobile. It rather sucks as far as speed :(

• Sad 1
On 12/9/2019 at 3:06 AM, CornholioGSM said:

oki...i will contact fx via messenger 🙂

soo i have got message from fx on fb messenger...my phone will be delivered on mid up to end januar...that sounds good 🙂 ...soo i will hope

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, sequestris said:

No LTE on T-Mobile. It rather sucks as far as speed 😞

No LTE at all? You should get some kind of coverage, out of all of T-mobile's LTE bands the pro1 supports 2, 4, 5, and 12. The only one's it's missing are 66 and 71. 71 is the new-ish wide coverage band that was deployed in the last couple years that TM has been using to expand rural coverage; 66 is the super high freq band that has crap wall penetration. To put it in perspective, the S8+ also was missing band 71 but still had full LTE service.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, VaZso said:

Similar situation for me - IGG backer, pre-order in the 116XX range, prompt payment in 2 minutes and still no stock assignment e-mail for my QWERTZ order.

I hope I will be in batch 3 as it seems people have started to have stock assignment e-mails even without IGG coupon.
I assume there were too few QWERTZ units manufactured to fulfill these orders but I hope what they wrote a higher amount of QWERTZ devices in batch 3 means that we will also receive our units in batch 3.

So if I understood well, orders which have IGG coupon without stock assignment mails seem to be mostly QWERTZ orders.

I hope to receive a stock assignment e-mail shortly.

I ordered QWERTY version

1 hour ago, cerialphreak said:

No LTE at all? You should get some kind of coverage, out of all of T-mobile's LTE bands the pro1 supports 2, 4, 5, and 12. The only one's it's missing are 66 and 71. 71 is the new-ish wide coverage band that was deployed in the last couple years that TM has been using to expand rural coverage; 66 is the super high freq band that has crap wall penetration. To put it in perspective, the S8+ also was missing band 71 but still had full LTE service.

No LTE at all. I'm in the burbs here, but tons of towers and all of our other phones (Nexus 5, ZTE Max Pro, Samsung 4S, LG G4, and an anceint flip phone) all get GTE. It's not the area; it's the phone :(

• Sad 1