On the pre-production status

On 3/9/2020 at 12:29 PM, auvo.salmi said:

Not really important, but just asking: Did you buy a new phone to replace your Pro1 just because of broken fingerprint sensor? I mean, if the phone is otherwise perfectly usable, why didn't you use for example a lock code instead? I don't even use my fingerprint sensor (or any lock actually), so I could have swapped devices with you.

I bought a new phone after i sent my pro1 in for repairs. I don't have a problem with waiting, but I only sent my phone to them after they have already confirmed to have replacement phones because I specifically did not want to buy another phone. Then I waited like two weeks after sending in the phone and had to buy another, because I sold my old phone and wasn't planning on having multiple phones around. I need my phone for my job.

I also know that the circumstances now are quite unfortunate, but I still feel the support replies have been a little dishonest. I've received multiple messages were something along the lines "we'll get back to you in a couple of days" has been said and no further contact was made.

I don't mind waiting in these uncertain times (with Corona etc.), but you can at least be honest and don't make empty promises.

26 of Febuary:

... and we expect to be back in touch by the end of the day.

After this there has been no additional contact until I asked for an update on 14 of Febuary (no reply) and then again on 26 of Febuary. I don't think I am impatient with this, as I've always waited at least 5 days before asking for another...

Last reply was on 9 of March and there has been no contact after this:

We expect to be back in touch with you by the end of this week. 

My main issue is that I specifically asked if they had replacement devices, which they confirmed, because I just would have kept the phone with the broken fingerprint sensor, until all of this corona stuff has been resolved and business is continuing as usual. I only sent in the phone after I've been told that there is sufficuent replacement stock available.

Edited by d
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

On 27-03-2020 12:17 FX Technology Limited wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> We hope you are all well and staying safe at this difficult time. We
> just wanted to give you a brief update on the status of your Pro1.
>
> Over the last week we have really been pushing to try and get remaining
> orders completed, however we are still waiting for delivery from our
> keyboard supplier which has delayed the process by a few days. We expect
> this to arrive at the factory on Saturday 28th March, and from then we
> will be able to finalise production units and start preparing for shipping.
>
> Whilst we appreciate that you were expecting shipping to begin this
> week, the travel restrictions in China has slowed everything down so
> please bear with us. This has been an extremely difficult couple of
> months, not only for us but for many businesses globally which have been
> affected by the coronavirus pandemic in one way or another.
>
> We really do appreciate you sticking by us. Thank you for your ongoing
> patience and support.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Team F(x)tec

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Well, we got an email today, just not about how the manufacturing is progressing. Here's a hot tip for the advertisement department: sending emails about how great it is to have a pro1 to distract you while stuck at home to people who are still waiting for theirs (some, me included, having placed their order more than a year ago now) is likely to annoy more than anything.

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Well, we got an email today, just not about how the manufacturing is progressing. Here's a hot tip for the advertisement department: sending emails about how great it is to have a pro1 to distract you while stuck at home to people who are still waiting for theirs (some, me included, having placed their order more than a year ago now) is likely to annoy more than anything.

I agree.. preordered last year February and still no phone for me either..this is really just rubbing salt in the wound.

Edited by Tsunero

Many small goods deliveries for consumers are being delayed here in Germany now, by the way. Amazon Germany gives estimates of one or two weeks now for non-essential stuff which is in stock and would normally take just one day – even things like their own Fire Tablets. (I try to avoid Amazon myself as good as I can, but one of my tablets needed replacing – and then I ordered a Fire 8 HD Tablet because it was unbeatably cheap and a quick research showed there actually is a Lineage OS ROM for it...)

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Many small goods deliveries for consumers are being delayed here in Germany now, by the way. Amazon Germany gives estimates of one or two weeks now for non-essential stuff which is in stock and would normally take just one day – even things like their own Fire Tablets. (I try to avoid Amazon myself as good as I can, but one of my tablets needed replacing – and then I ordered a Fire 8 HD Tablet because it was unbeatably cheap and a quick research showed there actually is a Lineage OS ROM for it...)

Took the liberty to move your post quoting the letter to the locked thread here.

Between the lines, there was also a mention about few units ready to send. But.. I guess nothing has happened, ha? 😞 Of corse I understand the difficult situation, but it bothers me that I do not know anything new.

• Like 1

My daughter has a cracked screen Priv, showing all kinds of tear-and-wear.
My son is actually still quite happy with his Edge S6 Plus.
But, both phones are at least three years old now.

Just wanted to say, trust me, you are not alone my friends.
see how I didn't mention my wife 😏😇

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, DieBruine said:

My daughter has a cracked screen Priv, showing all kinds of tear-and-wear.
My son is actually still quite happy with his Edge S6 Plus.
But, both phones are at least three years old now.

Just wanted to say, trust me, you are not alone my friends.
see how I didn't mention my wife 😏😇

The thing is I already had my Pro1 in my hands (the experience was really bad btw, mostly due to terrible software), but it turned out to have a factory hardware issue and I had to send it back - waiting for a replacement since over a month now... I'm really starting to consider asking for a refund instead - reading about how poor things get over time is not really giving me positive vibes about this whole thing. But maybe I'll give it another try, if I get it back and still not like it within a month or so You guys (and/or girls) will probably see it for sale somewhere here 😉

Edited by anonim001

In my mind, the best way to keep people from losing faith in the product when there are production delays is to be up front about the delays and keep the communication flowing.  People can easily get antsy and impatient if all they hear is silence.

It is the same concept behind hold music and the message that plays assuring the person on hold that their call is important.  In this case it is hearing silence about a product that they likely have already been billed for.

In all honesty, we would like to hear something from you guys at least weekly on the forum here.  Even if there is nothing new to report, just tell us that you saw a darn good looking person in the mirror this morning. 

A note on the website about delays in production due to the Covid-19 disease should probably be considered as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, EvilDNA127 said:

In all honesty, we would like to hear something from you guys at least weekly on the forum here.  Even if there is nothing new to report, just tell us that you saw a darn good looking person in the mirror this morning.

This week appears to sadly be an exception to that, but they've been pretty good at sending weekly communications emails (which are all relayed to the forums by the users anyway) recently.

Edited by Raksura
On 4/11/2020 at 11:29 PM, anonim001 said:

The thing is I already had my Pro1 in my hands (the experience was really bad btw, mostly due to terrible software), but it turned out to have a factory hardware issue and I had to send it back - waiting for a replacement since over a month now... I'm really starting to consider asking for a refund instead - reading about how poor things get over time is not really giving me positive vibes about this whole thing. But maybe I'll give it another try, if I get it back and still not like it within a month or so You guys (and/or girls) will probably see it for sale somewhere here 😉

I have been using mine for three months now. And up till now the two most annoying issues are the rotation lock/fault and the inability to send pictures from within Google Hangouts. That last one really bugs me out.

And I can imagine the fingerprint sensor. But since using a bumper case with a cut out, that has been reduced to an absolute minimal annoyance. Ow and this phone is way to slippery...

Still, one happy Pro1 camper. Apart from communications hat is.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, DieBruine said:

inability to send pictures from within Google Hangouts. That last one really bugs me out.

This is the first I've heard of this issue and don't think it's in the community bug list.  I'm also a hangouts user and haven't observed this.  Perhaps you have a permissions issue, maybe you need to give hangouts access to files to be able to use existing pictures, or access to camera if you want it to take photos...     Although I have my own issue with hangouts, it doesn't handle landscape correctly all the time, switches back and forth to portrait depending which part of the app I'm in.

I never thought of posting it. I tried Open Camera and one other app.  Open Camera worked for a while but also this one stopped working.
I can take a picture, but the green triangle/arrow point won't show.
The snapragon camera app never worked for me. Maybe a hard reset is in order.

So I just uninstalled all camera capable apps. Cleared cache on camera app and rebooted. The app starts but doesn't take pictures. A regular app not responding notification.
This issue was almost right from the start and thought it was a bug. Did't bother to report it before.
So, next step is a hard reset.

Edit2:
Hard reset did the trick, for now. Pff all those settings, again...

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 2

"

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for contacting us.
Your order is being processed as normal. Unfortunately, things are taking slightly longer than we anticipated. We have a small number of devices which are ready to ship and will be dispatched next week. All remaining customer orders are expected to be produced by the end of this month. Please understand the coronavirus situation worldwide is developing on a daily basis, and our given deadlines are subjected to change.
Please follow us on social media and our community for the latest news and updates. We look forward to sending your Pro1 in the coming weeks."
  • Thanks 4