On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

For once the delays are because of factors 100% outside of their control. Sure it sucks as always, but this time it's absolutely understandable. Previous times the delays were always because of things either they or their partners had some control over, or they could've anticipated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So Dragonbox Shop had one QWERTZ Pro1 on their shop. I bought it, but it's yet unpaid. It's 60€ to have it now, instead of waiting more. I'm pretty sure it will take a whole month or more to get the Pro from FxTec directly.

I know it's out of their control this time, but this goes on for half a year now and my current phone is more broken every day so I'm evaluating if it makes sense to spend more now..

On 1/31/2020 at 10:03 AM, Zamasu said:

For once the delays are because of factors 100% outside of their control. Sure it sucks as always, but this time it's absolutely understandable. Previous times the delays were always because of things either they or their partners had some control over, or they could've anticipated.

When delays start to be this long, you are bound to be hit by factors that are not under your control. Not that it changes anything, but it's 6 months since payment was due.

I just wonder for how long can a company survive with such delays. In tech world, in half a year not only does your hardware grow older faster, but it also kills all future sales if you cannot provide the product 2-3 months after the general availability should have started. Not that I care about the specs personally. I'm still using a phone from 2012..

On the positive side Sailfish port will get better day by day 🙂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ToniCipriani said:

At this rate I have friends coming back from Hong Kong soon... Can FxTec let them go to Expansys to pick it up directly for me? 😆

I'm sure you could get a kit to assemble yourself 😁

Feeling for you guys who are still waiting for it. Hang in there, it is worth the wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, magicafternoon said:

Lol delayed until who knows when~

This saga of delays has reached comical levels.

I wish everyone in China good health and safety.

In crowded China, the safest place for FX workers to be is at the factory right now.   What do they have like 5 people working there?  *going by earlier posted picks of their assembly line*

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Wonder what percentage of workers show up on Monday; I think it's the first day they're allowed back, but maybe also the first day they're allowed to travel?  Haven't paid attention to current travel restrictions....   I bet they'll be very short-staffed.

Hi, I am from Hong Kong. I know most of the city in China will return to work until 20th Feb. Also, most of the check point of Hong Kong are closed. There is only one land transportation method can be used to ship the stock. 

It is very disgusting that the Chinese Gov conceal the news about the virus. When you get the phone, PLEASE DISINFECT IT. More than 10k chinese is infected. Absolutely 10k is the number released by Chi Gov. I believe that the actual number is far greater.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, kin9 said:

When you get the phone, PLEASE DISINFECT IT

I can reassure you: transmission by objects is not possible in practice due to the fact that the virus has very little stability on surfaces. Especially if the objects were on the move for longer.
Source (German): Link.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, jlavi said:

Would anybody know where the F(x)Tec factory is located?

If assumptions are right, then its in outskirts of Shenzhen, about an hour from Hong Kong border; closest landmark on google maps is Yingzhan Garden.

route.thumb.jpg.d100b2ed3da344b4956dfc6c40ff617c.jpg

42 minutes ago, MvBoe said:

I can reassure you: transmission by objects is not possible in practice due to the fact that the virus has very little stability on surfaces.

Coronaviruses can remain on surfaces for up to 9 days, study finds

"An analysis revealed that the viruses normally survive on surfaces between four and five days, but can remain infectious for up to nine days."

• Thanks 2

You all know that the phones are assembled with gloves, facial masks and some kind of hair protection?

Yes, the virus can survive that long in special cases. But if production was that unhigienic, you'd have hairs, fingerprints and saliva on your phones when receiving it.

Also, if it was a threat, international trades would already have been prohibited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
15 hours ago, jlavi said:

"An analysis revealed that the viruses normally survive on surfaces between four and five days, but can remain infectious for up to nine days."

OK, but no Problem, the Units are on the way much longer than 9 days. 🤔

• Haha 1
On 2/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, MvBoe said:

OK, but no Problem, the Units are on the way much longer than 9 days. 🤔

My phone doesn't even exist yet...best virus protection lmao.

Anyway, some official word would be nice when production starts again.

44 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

My phone doesn't even exist yet...best virus protection lmao.

Anyway, some official word would be nice when production starts again.

I think they don't know it - also their manufacturer doesn't really know that I think.

Even our PCB production partner can not predict when they are able to assembly our panels - not related to F(x)tec.

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 2