On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Thanx for the heads-up @Erik! You need to understand the people don't really care if there's news or not; they just want an update, especially since there was some silence since the skipped email. Asia, it would seem, will get their handsets faster, with the units not arriving at the UK fulfillment centre for at least a few days. That means... Half november for us mainland Europeans?

Yep, I know resources are scarce (Or I suppose it is so).

But for a project like this a weekly Update would have been nice (May have a look at the Cosmo, they did great).
Sure it is not a crowdfunded Project and I think people forget that sometimes. It was totally fine for the first part of the project.

But since you had a delay after we paid, it would have been reasonable to do something like a weekly update.
Could only be 3 Sentences.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Erik

Its great to know that shipping will start from tomorrow as announced.

Guys i think the most important part is the start of shipping on time. the updates are not as important since its almost time for shipping.

so if they start shipping by tomorrow then FX have done a great job.

1 minute ago, Keyahnig said:

it depends on how fast you paid. it doesn't matter when you pre-ordered

AFAIK the preorder date is also relevant. I got my payment email on 29.07 with preorder <5000 and others with higher numbers got their payment email 1-2 days later. (rumors and speculations may occur 😉 )

• Like 1

When FX sent email to inform that you will receive another email for payment so pay as soon as you get email in order to get your pro1 before october, i set a loud alarm for my email notification.

then the alarm went off in the middle of the night while i was sleeping. so i got out of bed in the middle of the night and made the payment.

Guys don't you think i deserve to be the first to get the device?! 🙂

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

AFAIK the preorder date is also relevant. I got my payment email on 29.07 with preorder <5000 and others with higher numbers got their payment email 1-2 days later. (rumors and speculations may occur 😉 )

Damn that's quick, I got my payment request on 31-07 and paid ~ten minutes later.

25 minutes ago, Keyahnig said:

it depends on how fast you paid. it doesn't matter when you pre-ordered

It matters when your preordered because they were sending emails in order. I am at 22XXX pre-order and paid 3 minutes after receiving the email and my phone will be shipped not earlier than Mid-November. I emailed them about it once but they wrote a response that was totally false with what they said and how their system worked.

Edited by Gon009

I'll be honest, this little update came with a minimal disappointed.
Everything is "on track" to start shipping to customers tomorrow. Except it's suddenly just the ones outside EU and US at first, while you made it sound like the phones would've been at the warehouses there by tomorrow already before. Let alone that before it also seemed like you weren't fully sure how to handle those "rest of world" order shipping at first, but now they're the first to ship.
This all makes sense logistically, but I don't want to lie and say I'm feeling extremely happy about this update. I'm being very nitpicky on my end, but it's been a tough ride.
I've also had a glimmer of hope of perhaps not getting delivery held up by the upcoming holiday, but looks like it will not get close to that anyways.

There are QWERTZ devices in the first batch, right? I think that was mentioned before, but is it still the case?
Are these "rest of world" orders queued the same as the other two regions? From my casual observation, there were not many users who publicly said they had a pre-order from this region. I don't expect to get this answered, the thought of late orders there getting their device first would be weird.

It's just a phone... but what a phone it is. Makes me hard to write this stuff without coming off as super mad. I'm a little bummed at best with a bit of curiosity, don't get me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

Everything is "on track" to start shipping to customers tomorrow. Except it's suddenly just the ones outside EU and US at first, while you made it sound like the phones would've been at the warehouses there by tomorrow already before. Let alone that before it also seemed like you weren't fully sure how to handle those "rest of world" order shipping at first, but now they're the first to ship.
This all makes sense logistically, but I don't want to lie and say I'm feeling extremely happy about this update. I'm being very nitpicky on my end, but it's been a tough ride.
I've also had a glimmer of hope of perhaps not getting delivery held up by the upcoming holiday, but looks like it will not get close to that anyways.

There are QWERTZ devices in the first batch, right? I think that was mentioned before, but is it still the case?
Are these "rest of world" orders queued the same as the other two regions? From my casual observation, there were not many users who publicly said they had a pre-order from this region. I don't expect to get this answered, the thought of late orders there getting their device first would be weird.

It's just a phone... but what a phone it is. Makes me hard to write this stuff without coming off as super mad. I'm a little bummed at best with a bit of curiosity, don't get me wrong.

I unpacked Erik's message a little differently (doesn't mean I'm right):

First he said: " we are on track to begin shipping tomorrow, on the 29th. Some of you will receive their dispatch notice tomorrow, with everyone from the first batch following by the end of this week. " 

That to me means all who would have qualified for the first batch, which we've never known, but I assume the minimum to be IGG coupon holders, but possibly pre-orders beyond that

Then he said: " We are currently waiting on stock to arrive at our warehouse in Hong Kong, which will dispatch orders directly to our Asia and Oceania based customers. "

That sounds like the second batch to me.

Then he says: " The first batch is being held at the Chinese export customs at the minute. "

First batch again,

And finally: " Alongside our Asian pre-orders, we will, at the same time, split the batch to stock-up our warehouses in the UK and the US. Those will be sent by air freight. " 

I read that as the second and follow-on batches.

I know I tend to be too optimistic, but that was my read.  And I'm sticking to it.  😉

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

Phones should arrive in warehouses already two weeks ago, they have an insane delay but they are hiding it with shipping whatever they have to Asia customers to keep their 29th promise. I guessed that they will ship first batch on 29th and then say "but we started shipping already" to everyone else but it's even worse, it's just first batch Asia customers, probably something like few dozen devices at most. Now they will have an excuse to anyone saying that there's a delay.

For me it's still a tough ride and a lesson to the end of the life to never go into anything like that when it comes to devices needed in daily life. Some hobby things? Yeah. Games? Ok. But phones? Never again. Delays and delays, lying that everything is on track, non-specific answers from support and lack of any communication about what is happening. With that attitude I don't expect Fxtec to succeed. My current phone barely works, it was already meh two months ago but now it's barely usable. I already keep myself from buying a new phone now because this would be waste of money. Never again, I guess there's a reason why BB Key2 is still being sold that much despite being overpriced and having unsure future. Still, I don't care about these ~120 phones from the first batch because it just covers little part of all orders. Unfortunately is seems like many people here are first-batchers so Fxtec ignores the rest.

The reality will start once finally they ship all pre-orders and orders(I guess they won't be able to finish it before 2020) and we will see if they really created a phone that can handle at least 5 years to make its price tag worth it or if they created a toy that will barely handle 2 years.

Edited by Gon009
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Keyahnig said:

I honestly don't see any reason to be disappointed or upset. They said they start shipping the first batch on the 29th. They already started shipping.

I don't know why people are saying there's a delay.

Lol, I said that they will have an excuse for anyone realizing that there's a delay and I was right, we didn't even need hours for someone to come up with that.

If they shipped a single Pro1 I guess people would also say "but they started shipping!".

I think the issue is there is little trust left for a lot of people.

When most companies say "shipping on 29th" people think shipping worldwide and at a decent pace

Here it might mean sending 100 phones to some Asian countries, then when other phones arrive in EU and US days/weeks later they will start shipping there in small batches.

This might not be what is happening, but there is not a lot of hope for a best case scenario it seems.

Always better to just be transparent and and say when you are sure of a delay for most people to give that information.

If the had said first 1000 will be sent before December 1st and the rest ongoing until all preorders done by March 1st, at least we would know.

It's also ok to keep people updated even if there are no changes, it shows that you are in control, and again transparency. 

All this is just speculating but without trust and facts it's all i have at the moment 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

Lol, I said that they will have an excuse for anyone realizing that there's a delay and I was right, we didn't even need hours for someone to come up with that.

If they shipped a single Pro1 I guess people would also say "but they started shipping!".

Well, no need to be butthurt or to make fun of me.

Fact is, they started shipping even if your region won't get the device first.

Btw, technically they started shipping a few months ago when you count prototypes. 😉

Edited by Keyahnig

I know I probably should have waited and neither got a preorder price nor possibly any goodies, but I ordered the phone for its regular price and just hope I'll get it as soon as it's possible, because it's really the only phone I want, because I am tired of these stupid on screen keyboards without any precise feedback.

Just do your best, guys!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hook said:

I unpacked Erik's message a little differently (doesn't mean I'm right):

That's some serious optimism.  To me it meant the first batch left factory, sitting at PRC export customs... HK on the other side, from there some will go direct to customers, some to US, some to UK (where they could have import customs delays).  

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 1

I will add my voice to those who were not at all pleased with this update.  If it should be read like Hook did, then it should be re-written.  To me, it sounds like more excuses and broken promises.  They were supposed to be shipping from the final locations on the 29th.  That means shipped to customers.   And that means they should have been in those final shipping locations by now. 

It seems like they are claiming success with Asian customers, but we don't know how may of those there are, or if they will truly be shipping them to anyone.  If @rejujacob is a legitimate Asian customer, then I guess we'll find out from him.  But they could claim that he wasn't in the first batch for whatever reason.

They've used this "nothing new to report, so we are keeping silent" technique before.  And then when the deadline comes, they change the story and it turns out there was always something new to report.  They just waited until the last minute to report it.

I'm eager to get the phone and I'm guessing it will be a good phone, for the most part.  I'm not at all happy about how they have handled the communication around delays.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Siani_8 said:

Lol impatient millennials are funny to watch. 

Hey rude ....

Plus it's not the first product that i order, how get delay a lot with bad communication, and after a couple of units shipped cancel everything. (A tablet anyone ?)

It's highly frustrating to know it migh end sideways, to see fxtec at the limits of honesty.... So yea we arent fan... Are you ?

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn pinned and featured this topic
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic