On the pre-production status

34 minutes ago, Thunderhaake said:

And that's why I bought my Phone now from a retailer. Some Moto Mods are made and shipped. But the rest of us had no luck....

For me the Story repeats and I did not want to be fooled twice...

I know. Even though I was a very early backer, I didn't get one of the ones sent and I thought that it'll be no problem. That's why the Z2 which sits brand new in a drawer.

I don't understand why fxtec didn't even issue a statement regarding the resellers BEFORE people found the phone for sale. in stock, in various stores, by themselves.  Would have been a minimium consideration for their customers and not very hard to do. Like I've said, principles doesn't seems to matter anymore, being replaced with safe spaces, not even safe words.

Edited by Val
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I just don't get it. There are people who get pissed off because two or three tiny resellers got twenty phones before they got theirs? If I hear something like that, it makes me embarassed for belonging to the same species.

@Rob. S. As I told in some Posts before...I'm a very correct German.

It is a question of communication and principle.

I write you now here a Mail with a Solution I guess:

Hey FX Pre Order and IGG Coupon Customer:

we are working long and hard and bla bla bla and so on and we have now the Situation that we can not produce more than 100 Devices per Day.

Our quality standart and again bla bla bla

We have send out also to some Resellers some devices to keep up our cashflow. If you order and get one there please tell us and we refund your order.

All IGG Backer and Pre-Orders are send as fast as possible without any sequence, because we have to mix qwerty and qwertz batches together.

We still have 12K devices to produce and so you can expect that all will be fine until march.

Sorry for the delay but it is like it is.

End of Mail.

Hey it is like it is...the truth is hard but it is better to know.

By the way....this is my first post with a Pro1 hardware Keyboard...it feels great after so long time without 😎👊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

@Val "Difference"? Of course there is, so what? "Pre-order"? Yes, and pre-order means you might get the product any time or not at all if the company goes out of luck and business. "Principle"? Right, have fun with your principle. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying myself without the phone I'm still waiting for, knowing that your principle won't get you anywhere and anything but a bad temper (that, by the way, primarily hurts one person, which is yourself). "Moto Mod"? Yes, I know. I bought a Moto Z in anticipation of it which was the worst phone I ever had. Earlier this year I needed to replace it (with a Z3 Play) because the already replaced battery needed to be replaced again (and I had it replaced another time and left the repaired phone in the desk drawer for emergencies, only to find out that the battery was broken again when I decided to sell the phone a few months later). None of it was Livermore/F(x)tec's fault.

5 minutes ago, PanicBrothers said:

By the way....this is my first post with a Pro1 hardware Keyboard...it feels great after so long time without 😎👊

Is it worth to say "YOU BASTARD??" 😄 Nothing against you, just being jealous 😉 Lucky you! :) 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, PanicBrothers said:

@Rob. S. you made all wrong.

I bought a Z3 (not Play) from Verizon USA ...the new Snapdragon and so on.

This is a fu***ing piece of good hardare and all mods are fine. Beamer and the Haselblad...it is amazing,,OK...Keyboard is missing 😉

Yes. I believe you. And I actually do like the Z3 Play, too, and I was using the Hasselblad mod, too, which was nice, and the JBL speaker mod, which was great in summer out on the terrace. But for me, the keyboard is more important, and I'm slowly selling off everything right now, just keeping the phone until I get the Pro1.

3 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

@Val "Difference"? Of course there is, so what? "Pre-order"? Yes, and pre-order means you might get the product any time or not at all if the company goes out of luck and business. "Principle"? Right, have fun with your principle. 

So... basically, there is no difference between someone who goes left and the one who goes right. Or between black and white. Between paid and refunded. It's so what. Maybe this is one of the reasons that we have peoplekind (trudeau dixit) and not mankind or X instead of male / female.

Maybe I'm old school, but I preffer principles instead of (self)safe spaces (which leads to a good temper, of course), or the new "order/s". The same goes for my word, when I give it to someone. You seems to be veery flexible.

Like I've said above, much of this could have been avoided with a simple post BEFORE we found ourselves about the phones for sale in the resellers stores. But, nevermind, doesn't concern you or you values. It's a principle, again.

• Like 1

@Val It is also question of the need.

I tell here only what I think, because I know a lot of people who are not able to spend again 600 for a Phone. A lot of people plan with a new Phone, because it is important and for a solution between is no money.

Rob.S take all easy....JBL on the teracce and I can sell this and that. In this case you can be chilled and you don't need principle.

I guess here are a lot of people who take care about the budget and even the Pro1 is not sponsored by AT&T or T-online or Vodafone...No, they have to pay.

And now the money is blocked and no hardware is delivered.

Edited by PanicBrothers
lot of mistakes..sorry Pro1 is new
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, divstar said:

Got mine! From a retailer, but since it was about as cheap as fxtec was selling them - I don't know why I shouldn't have jumped ships.

Because that takes whatever discount they had to give the reseller straight out of F(x)tec's pocket? That's a bad thing right now, as we need them to have money to make more of these things. I'm glad @sequestris is such a good ambassador for these things now, because it looks like a lot of people are just greedy cutthroats who don't care about anything beyond instant gratification. She got 7 more people to lay down bucks and get in line. Whatta girl! ;) Someone has to help F(x)tec survive its fickle customers and grumpy suppliers! :'(

• Like 5

order #4817, from singapore, emailed fxtec to ask about status, their non-reply below

Thanks for your message.

As per our recent email update, we will have fulfilled pre-orders by the end of January. At the moment, I cannot offer you a specific shipping date as we do not have access to the names of customers included in each upcoming shipment. We are working to get devices sent out as soon as possible and are now shipping devices on a weekly basis so please bear with us.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Edited by evozero
clean up formatting
2 hours ago, silversolver said:

Because that takes whatever discount they had to give the reseller straight out of F(x)tec's pocket? That's a bad thing right now, as we need them to have money to make more of these things. I'm glad @sequestris is such a good ambassador for these things now, because it looks like a lot of people are just greedy cutthroats who don't care about anything beyond instant gratification. She got 7 more people to lay down bucks and get in line. Whatta girl! 😉 Someone has to help F(x)tec survive its fickle customers and grumpy suppliers! 😢

Well - I still got a fxtec device, but since it's almost the same price and I already got it (as opposed to paying slightly more and getting it I don't know when), I decided there's no reason to wait. I mean.. my order was around 650 first, but I didn't order it back then and when I did it was around 730. So I figured I could just buy a device from a reseller in ny country.

Honestly - there have been about 2 months of wait time and no transparency from fxtec. If they told me we will be delivered after the resellers and told us the truth about when we were to get our phone, I might have waited or not ordered at all before it became available.

• Like 4

I asked the support about delivery date an got the following answer:

"Despite your order being very early, we expect it will ship between Christmas and the 1st week of January. We are sorry for any inconvenience the delay might be causing you."

So, I have to wait for 2 more weeks or even more. And no discussion here will speed it up.
I am a bit sad about the delay because it was planned as a gift for my wife for Xmas….

Edited by Hamradio
  • Sad 2
13 hours ago, Zamasu said:

So you meant it like I said it, and now you're just backpedalling because you don't like the implication of how it sounds. Got it. Anyway, feel free to reply one last time or whatever if you feel the need to have the last post (or don't), but I'm not going to continue this off-topic discussion.

I'd say it's not too hard to interpret

14 hours ago, agent008 said:

No more energy to keep arguing about some company's decisions, even though they affect me or you to the tune of 700€ approximately.

The important part is "even though".

In simple English: Even though it is about 700€ (which is a lot of money), I stil do not have more energy to keep arguing on this topic.

Kinda the opposite of what you tried to interpret into it.

• Thanks 2

The reality is we have all been in circles. Yep we all had to pay and wait longer than expected and I have to admit it vexed me when, even a small number of devices, were sent out to be sold. As a business they need to do this or they will break a relationship with sellers of the Pro1 and future handsets (we are all hoping for). @PanicBrothers I think you raised some fair points and transparency is very important and I am happy that you got the phone and are giving an honest look into how you enjoy using it.

I get other users want to also say how they don't mind the wait etc, however, one thing I find confusing is how this is becoming  a belittling and name calling game. It just seems that a frustration stated at the company comes with a possibility of being called basically 'a lesser developed human' Seems to be a way over the top comment on a personal level to people.

We all currently know we have a possibility to receive our phones by end of Jan if it looks like it is not going to happen personally myself I will simply claim a refund and either purchase the phone when available or get an alternative handset. (Do not confuse me as I really want the handset but its not the end of the world to me now as i can find alternatives for my needs should I need to).

In closing... It's Christmas so pop a beer enjoy the festive period and then make a new year decision. The phones are out of out control in regards to delivery and production. 

I hope I haven't annoyed the powers that be... My phone might be the last delivered! 🙂

Edited by robert.prior1985
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I hope that as many people as possible sign up for a Pro1.
The better the sales, the greater likelihood we are to get a company that stays in business and provides us service and updates.

I just don't want a year to go by, fxtec, be out of business, and my carrier won't provide me updates because my device is not supported.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
16 hours ago, Val said:

So... basically, there is no difference [...]

Maybe I'm old school, but I preffer principles  [...]

Yes, there is a difference. But it is the reaction upon such differences that makes the real difference.

WRT the "principles" see below.

16 hours ago, PanicBrothers said:

Rob.S take all easy....JBL on the teracce and I can sell this and that. In this case you can be chilled and you don't need principle.

I guess here are a lot of people who take care about the budget and even the Pro1 is not sponsored by AT&T or T-online or Vodafone...No, they have to pay.

And now the money is blocked and no hardware is delivered.

From all that's been said it seems quite clear that as long as the hardware is not already on its way, the money can still be refunded and will be.

And now about your German "principle".

For one, everyone buying a Pro1 is buying themselves an expensive toy. If people were starving because the food they ordered didn't come, things were different, but here my sympathy is limited – and it is limited because of my very own principles. 

Whereas both of YOUR principle which now has been cited here repeatedly is only that YOU can't appreciate something if it doesn't come with an advantage to YOU over others. Over others just because they didn't wait quite as long. Even if it would have meant a serious business detriment for the manufacturer to not allow those three tiny retailers a few handsets which never were planned to go out before ours, because it was never planned that ours would take as long as they did (so Fxtec couldn't have announced something like that, either). Your principle is to begrudge what others get if you do not get it, too, even if you don't lose anything because of the tiny number of people who got the unexpected advantage of being able to buy a device from one of those shops.

That's your "principle", and yes, that's what I detest, because that principle is at the root of quite a large amount of the things that go wrong on this planet.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Support Team (FX Technology Limited)

20 Dec, 14:51 GMT

Dear Bastian,

Thank you for your reply.

We expect to ship your order anytime before the end of January. This doesn't necessarily mean your device is coming at the end January, it might be shipped tomorrow and deliver the day after, but in the absolute worst event, that would be by the deadline mentioned above. Please have a look at the latest director's update at https://mail.webfx.co/t/ViewEmail/i/22541DD90B1F84072540EF23F30FEDED/8C9983020D8FF56C4FB5D4CAE8F50064 for detailed information.

We completely understand your order was delayed unexpectedly by both ours and your side. Apologies for any inconvenience this might be causing you, and we are always here in case you need us to do anything for you.

You can verify that we are shipping orders as quickly as we can in the owner’s article at https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2463-got-your-pro1-tracking-number-or-stock-assigned-message-post-here/.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.

b28c19b561c808bd43aad56789853caf?size=40

Bastian

19 Dec, 23:33 GMT

Hello dear FxTec,

can you give me a new update ?
i havent get a tracking number yet so i guess i will not receive one before christmas day but maybe this year ?

hope to hear from you soon.

thank you
best regards
Bastian

Am Mo., 25. Nov. 2019 um 15:12 Uhr schrieb Support Team (FX Technology Limited) <[email protected]>:

cleardot.gif

forumavatar.png

Support Team (FX Technology Limited)

25 Nov, 14:12 GMT

Dear Bastian,

Thanks for your message. I hope you’re doing well.

We are currently still shipping our earlier Pro1 pre-orders. We know this was delayed longer than it should have been, and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Realistically, your tracking details will be sent to you anytime before the 20th of December, as we plan to have 1-day shipping before Christmas, so we will have all pre-orders complete in time for the Christmas holidays.

Meanwhile, we are still shipping orders as soon as devices arrive in our logistics hubs. I would advise joining our community at https://community.fxtec.com where customers in similar positions as you are discussing what is shipped, who's received their device and in what order. We are now seeing the first feedback from users who had their Pro1 delivered.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.

Well played.
Not!

I will show u the next fail in januar.

1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

Yes, there is a difference. But it is the reaction upon such differences that makes the real difference.

For me, it's a matter of principle to keep my word/promises, for you, it 's not. Different species, as you've said.

I've "missed" batch one, then batch 2, then again batch 3. The phone was sent to non IGG backers and to the retailers. They didn't even bother to issue a statement BEFORE that, explaining the reasons, not even that. I remained quiet, but there are limits. Mine were after batch 3 combined with the new FACTS. 

Funny, probably part of the stellar communication strategy, Eric choose to lock the thread "lies don't travel far". I wonder if the forum and/or the users will be "cleaned" in a future step.

To quote Erik from that now closed thread: "The amount of devices Clove and Dragonbox had was extremely small, and is nowhere near comparable to what we have shipped to our pre-orders, and what we still have to ship. Our pre-orders are our first priority."

As far as I remember from one store, there were between 15 to 20 in stock. Let's say 15. There is 3 resellers that we know of, so 45 phones were sent to them. Erik says extremely small and nowhere comparable to what's been sent to the preorders. His own words. 10% it's not extremely small, but so be it. Do you think that 450 phones were sent to the backers? Seriously? Simple math and common sense, please. Like I've said, that thread is now closed. 

• Thanks 2
19 hours ago, matf said:

I am not spreading any misinformation. Erik did say they were approached at MWC and have been discussing since then. I specifically wrote that I don't know when they paid, but that discussions started at MWC. If they were approached at MWC, then I think it is safe to assume they replied. It was a stand, not discussions over emails at that time.

I must've missed some update then, because all I see is a post by Erik saying  "they have approached us since we first announced Pro1 at MWC in Feb and we've been in discussions with them since." No mention of the word "at" there, only "since", those are two pretty different words. Quote's from

Nothing about being approached at MWC, nothing about there not being emails, nothing about it being a stand (though that was the case I think). Nothing about the discussions starting at MWC. Might be they got an email later because the stores saw their presence there based on this, then MWC would still be the starting point technically and since would fit, but they wouldn't have started the conversation at MWC.

8 hours ago, A Dude said:

I'd say it's not too hard to interpret

The important part is "even though".

In simple English: Even though it is about 700€ (which is a lot of money), I stil do not have more energy to keep arguing on this topic.

Kinda the opposite of what you tried to interpret into it.

Well damn, I completely misread that and I don't really know why. I apologize then for that and the subsequent reactions from me. I don't really get why they didn't explain that to me when I asked though.

3 hours ago, robert.prior1985 said:

I get other users want to also say how they don't mind the wait etc, however, one thing I find confusing is how this is becoming  a belittling and name calling game. It just seems that a frustration stated at the company comes with a possibility of being called basically 'a lesser developed human' Seems to be a way over the top comment on a personal level to people.

Totally agree. These are (generally) very valid reasons to be upset for, and I can't understand why somebody would call somebody names for being upset at this. Even if you're not upset, you should understand that being deceived like this can be upsetting, right?

is only that YOU can't appreciate something if it doesn't come with an advantage to YOU over others.

Nope, the problem is that that advantage was promised. So it's not only what you said.

Even if it would have meant a serious business detriment for the manufacturer

An assumption. I don't see why deals couldn't have been made to make sure they were only sent after pre-orders. And how serious this is is also not obvious.

those three tiny retailers a few handsets

I thought it was serious? Either it's a serious detriment and these are a lot of devices, or it's not. To my knowledge they got like 20 devices each, so 60. First batch was about 100~, second batch was less than that, so let's say about 99. 30% of all devices is not insignificant, it's not a few, at least not in my opinion.

because it was never planned that ours would take as long as they did (so Fxtec couldn't have announced something like that, either)

These delays were known for what, a week, two weeks now? They could've definitely announced it? Besides, they could definitely announce it beforehand.

even if you don't lose anything

These devices had to be made, they were made in the same factory, that means because of these devices pre-orderers' devices come later. Effectively, these stores definitely took a chunk out of pre-orderers' stock. We definitely lost something.

Overall, just a bunch of assumptions from Rob and wrong interpretations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Zamasu said:

I don't see why deals couldn't have been made to make sure they were only sent after pre-orders

Then you need to have your "eyes" checked. Because neither of the parties would have wanted a deal the fulfillment date of which would have to be as open as pre-order dates necessarily have to be. 

Either it's a serious detriment and these are a lot of devices, or it's not

Your "eyes" again. And you should at least read @Erik's posts if you publicly comment on the related subjects. And I already said it – the few devices were what was necessary to get a foot in the door of those retailers. Otherwise the door would have stayed closed for the time being.

We definitely lost something

I'll cry some tears if I find the time.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 1