On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

In my case, here it is:

- Pre-Oder date : 2.4.2019 at 13:15 pm (Spanish timezone)

- Order number: 116xx

- IGG coupon: No

- Model: QWERTY

- Day of Payment: 2.8.2019 14.20 pm (Spanish timezone)

- Stock Assigned Email : No

- Tracking Number : No

- Phone Received : No

Edited by juanjogonzalezgarcia
14 minutes ago, Lexicade said:

image.png.05179d7a789ec38cd91d207d4937ef1a.png

Now that you say it, it does seem odd but this is what I see on my Orders page... I assumed this was the date i ordered it?

Yes, it is the payment date that matters. Check your credit card account, and see when the amount was paid. FxTec also sent a confirmation mail on receive  of the money.

The subject says "Your F(x)tec order has been received!" (As they payment in their world transformed the "pre-order" to an "order", but they still stamped the order as put when the pre-order was put.. Also note the "charged at a future day" - all rather confusing IMHO)

Pro1_Payment_Confirmation.png

#137XX   April 29, 2019    Processing€667.00 EUR charged at a future date for 1 item

Day of payment: DUNO - I borowd a credit card and sup said to me:
"I can see that we have successfully charged your debit/credit card. It's a Mastercard ending with 5926. Your order is fully paid, and we expect to ship it with the 2nd batch in mid-November. "

- Coupon: No

- Model: Quertz

- Stock assigned mail : No

- Trackingnumber : No

- Phone received : No

There's already a thread for people to report stock assigned, tracking numbers, and delivery.   So I kinda think this thread is pointless, cuz everyone who posts is just confirming they haven't receiving any of those three things yet; once they have one of those,, the other thread becomes relevant.

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2463-got-your-pro1-tracking-number-or-stock-assigned-message-post-here/

image.png.64a8cae91b42c3f6febdc1ef9ae4f476.png

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes, it is the payment date that matters. Check your credit card account, and see when the amount was paid. FxTec also sent a confirmation mail on receive  of the money.

The subject says "Your F(x)tec order has been received!" (As they payment in their world transformed the "pre-order" to an "order", but they still stamped the order as put when the pre-order was put.. Also note the "charged at a future day" - all rather confusing IMHO)

Pro1_Payment_Confirmation.png

Ah, in which case August 2nd. That IS a bit confusing

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Craig said:

There's already a thread for people to report stock assigned, tracking numbers, and delivery.   So I kinda think this thread is pointless, cuz everyone who posts is just confirming they haven't receiving any of those three things yet; once they have one of those,, the other thread becomes relevant.

It's useful when you want to estimate how many pre-orders are still supposed to precede yours. That other thread is useful to get info if you already know you are part of a batch (and to know that batches are still being sent). Not the same purpose, in my opinion.

Since it has more info that the other thread, it should also confirm whether payment date matters (which is slightly skewed by the fact that pre-order number influences the date you were sent the payment email anyway) or give us more data to pointlessly speculate on whatever logic is being followed.

Edited by Raksura

- Pre-Oder date : Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:11:58 (EST)

- Order number: 62xx

- IGG coupon: No

- Model: QWERTY

- Order received: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 19:31:50 (EST)

- Day of Payment: 2019-07-31 (2019-08-01 transaction date)

- Stock Assigned Email : No

- Tracking Number : No

- Phone Received : No

1 hour ago, kashif said:

I have:

- Oderdate : 01-01-1950

- Ordernumber: 01

- IGG coupon: No

- Model: QWERTY

- Day of Payment: 01-01-1950

- Stock assigned mail : No

- Trackingnumber : No

- Phone received : No

01.01.1970 would be easier for everyone...
then you would have waited ~1576512595 seconds which is a loooong time 🙂

I feel with you bro!

• Haha 3
21 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

The current shipment has been sent from the factory end of last week.

From the "2019/12/12" date written on the stickers in the picture with the boxes, I'd say those are on time to be batch four, but are more likely batch three that left the factory one week/batch late (if they've left already).

Edit: From replies I've gotten on the Discord: BOE are screens, so those boxes do not contain Pro1s.

Edited by Raksura
  • Thanks 1

I won't be a huge help.

- Orderdate Mid-september

- Ordernumber 38xxx

- IGG coupon: no

- Model: QWERTZ

- Day of payment: Start of october (first payment came back to me)

- Stock assigned mail: LOL

- Trankingnumber? LOL²

- Phoine received Trololol

Edited by SchattengestaIt
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Raksura said:

Edit: From replies I've gotten on the Discord: BOE are screens, so those boxes do not contain Pro1s.

BOE is the supplier of screen panels that are used in Pro1. All the pictures are presenting components of Pro1 to be assembled for future batches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello!

Here’s a December update from us at F(x)tec regarding the Pro1 and in particular for those who haven't received their device yet. We read your messages, emails and posts and we aim to reply to everyone. Thank you again for supporting this phone along with your continued patience, as passionate keyboard users ourselves we are super committed to getting the Pro1’s to you as soon as possible. We do apologise for the delay so far. At F(x)tec HQ and in China we are working non-stop on production dealing with the recent screen issue and clearing our backlog. 

Since the last update, we’ve been collaborating with our manufacturer to QA devices and check the screen module before assembly. As you may remember we found a minor light leak in the screen module after assembly and this resulted in lower than planned yields. Many of you have told us you don’t mind the issue and just want the device, we hear you however we want to ensure all Pro1’s are of the same production quality. The screen module is an expensive component and we’ve had to introduce an extra step in the process with a third party, before final assembly of the phones. 

In the last week, Chen was in China with the team to oversee the latest improvements and approve an uplift in throughput, we are pleased to confirm he’s approved the higher amount. This has taken a few weeks longer than expected but with the volumes ramping up again in the next week and considering our large backlog, we expect everyone who pre-ordered to receive their devices between now and end of January. In the interest of speed, we will ship to you directly from our F(x)tec hub in Hong Kong which will cost us a bit more. 

On the software front, the Pro1 was GMS approved last month, it is now fully compatible with Google SafetyNet features and user can use Google Pay out of box.

For those who have their devices please share your experiences with us.

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

I am unclear on whether this also means EU customers are sent their devices directly as US ones are.

• Thanks 1

In the meantime, is there an estimate possible how long delivery might take after someone has gotten their 'stock assigned' notice (not that I would have), depending on region, which in my case would be continental Europe?

The recent developments are really frustrating. I totally understood all the prior delays and always defended fxtec against criticism. Those kind of production delays can happen.

However, delaying shipping for several months just because of some minor(!) display light leak issue (who cares? those are pretty normal in phones & laptops!) is really irresponsible.

(Probably) Nobody cares about that issue, but everyone of us wants a smartphone with a keyboard.

Why did fxtec just make this strange decision without consulting us? Why are you wasting your money for a more expensive manufacturing process + wasting even more money for not shipping the 'faulty' units + wasting more money for the direct shipping now?
This has been the weirdest business decision ever. A company is sitting on perfectly fine units but refuses to send them to their waiting customers out of unnecessary perfectionism. Nobody is expecting perfection from you! We just want a smartphone with a keyboard...

Now I'm actually thinking about cancelling my order, because no one knows how long it'll really take to finally get our phones. Might as well wait until this whole nightmare is over and just buy one of the non-pre-order units next year.
Because tbh, 650€ is a lot of money for some of us, money some can't afford to go without (or in my case: I had to actually borrow it) for half a year.
And if that wasn't enough, my current phone is losing value every month. I was actually planning to sell it back in August/September and use those funds to finance part of the purchase. But by the time the pro1 actually arrives, it'll probably only be worth half of what it was back then.

So I think I'll be better off just paying the higher price when the phone is actually available.
I really don't understand how fxtec can just sit on batches of working phones and withhold them from paying customers. We should have a say in whether we wait longer or get the leaky light devices...

@Erik If I cancel my pre-order today, how long would it take until the paid amount is refunded?

Edited by shani
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Raksura said:

I am unclear on whether this also means EU customers are sent their devices directly as US ones are.

Which I don't understand is the third batch had to be already sent to UK warehouse and they told us stock assignment e-mails will arrive soon.

Now, if I understand well, they will also ship these devices directly from China to EU.

So, does mentioned third batch exists or parctically no shipments happened since the last e-mail mentioning the light leak issue?
In other words, is there any chance for Pro1 to arrive this year for those who still not received stock assignment e-mails yet?
However, I think no - and last deadline is end of January...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate the update, and I truly hope it to be true. At this point I just can't trust the promises made about when things will be shipping though. Too many things have been said that turned out to be at least slightly off. This update didn't change my expectations, I still have it set to zero and am just waiting until my buyer protection is about to run out. If I get a personally assigned message like a stock assigned email, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If not, I won't be disappointed.

If the update's true, then it at least still shows F(x)tec cares about delivering a good phone, and trying to satisfy customers. Not wanting to ship out subpar units, choosing more expensive shipping to lower the delivery times, etc. And overall, I still think it's very likely F(x)tec will fulfil all pre-orders.

50 minutes ago, shani said:

(Probably) Nobody cares about that issue, but everyone of us wants a smartphone with a keyboard.

Speak for yourself, I wanted a premium phone. One that's worth 650€. The keyboard alone does not do that.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, shani said:

However, delaying shipping for several months just because of some minor(!) display light leak issue (who cares? those are pretty normal in phones & laptops!) is really irresponsible.

You are clearly not an engineer. This is a common "problem" of engineers (note: I'm myself one), you always pursue of perfection without accounting costs or other stuff. Probably this is even "worse" if you are a startup, because your first product will mostly define your way if your survive or not.

But honestly why do people buy a 650€ phone if you don't have the money in your pocket? This is a dangerous ride for just a phone (even if it is with a keyboard)

• Like 4