On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Polaris said:

Interesting stuff!  By chance do you know the dates of your 14xxx order and your followup 32xxx order?

pre-order 14906 placed May 16., paid August 2.
then Fully refunded on Aug.12, arrived back to my account 14th.

pre-order 314xx placed August 14., e-mail confirmed and paid on Aug15. (VAT excluded).

Edited by Swond
  • Like 1

We are sorry for the delays in shipping your order. At this minute, we are still processing orders that were placed before yours. The ETA that our management has given us for every single pre-order to be complete is before Christmas. We will, in theory, be in touch with you within the next couple of weeks with your tracking information. 

Given the history we've had with customs clearances and everyone being off on holidays, it is possible that shipping might be delayed until after Christmas for some of our more recent orders. The important thing we know is that the factory is working on full steam and it's producing Pro1 devices every working day. Some of our customers are slowly receiving their devices, you can find their feedback in our forums at https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2463-got-your-pro1-tracking-number-or-stock-assigned-message-post-here/ and on Twitter.

To put it in one sentence, your Pro1 should arrive before Christmas, but it may take slightly longer in the event that our stock gets delayed in customs during the Christmas period.

TL;DR "maybe next year"
...5-6 months after we took your money with the promise of a 2..3wk delivery time
...I'm sure they recognise that £650 in a 7% interest savings account for 6 months ~= £23
...I wonder if they will be offering any compensation?

Order 17xxx, July 14th; No IGG coupon; Money taken Aug 4th
I am no longer excited to receive my phone, I'll just be relieved if/when it arrives and I can put the lube away.
If this goes wrong now, I wonder where I stand getting my money back off the credit card company :/

Edited by ttodd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
10 minutes ago, ttodd said:

If this goes wrong now, I wonder where I stand getting my money back off the credit card company 😕

It's very easy to get a refund, you almost certainly don't need to go through your CC. Especially before christmas they're almost certain to find someone else to ship the stock to, so it's not like if you refund they will have tons of pro1s on their hand and no buyers.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ttodd said:

TL;DR "maybe next year"
...5-6 months after we took your money with the promise of a 2..3wk delivery time
...I'm sure they recognise that £650 in a 7% interest savings account for 6 months ~= £23

I am no longer excited to receive my phone, I'll just be relieved if/when it arrives and I can put the lube away.
If this goes wrong now, I wonder where I stand getting my money back off the credit card company 😕

I just received the same email on my request for an update. Also:

We are sorry for the delays in shipping your order. As the second batch has now been fully assigned to our orders, it doesn't look like it includes yours. This, however, shouldn't let you down as you still have an early pre-order which is expected to ship with our initial few batches - you are going to be amongst the first to receive their device, weeks in advance before general availability.

So as an early preorder who payed the moment the payment mail arrived, I am not in the second batch either.  I have been quiet for a long time giving FxTec the benefit of the doubt as a startup company, however if my order will not arrive before Christmas that is once again another promise broken and another month of delay. 

Going back in my email archive, the mail from Fxtec send 5th of September 2019:

We officially announced that the Pro1 will begin shipping Mid-Sept for pre-order customers and will be on general release from October 1st.

That is a 3 month delay to the original shipping plans where all pre order customers would likely have their phones shipped at the end of September. Now I can fully understand that in manufacturing things go wrong and delays occur. This is no excuse for the sparse communication from Fxtec and has put a serious dent in my trust😞.  

There is a point where you can no longer keep telling your customers that their shipping date is delayed again a few weeks (or even days in some cases here) before they would expect their phones.

For me, I am going to wait till Christmas hoping for a fair explanation to how this keeps happening time after time and how Fxtec is planning to prevent this to happen again. If there is no fair answer after this date I might be cancelling on this phone considering this is starting to feel like Zeno's paradox and by the time the the finish is reached the price vs specs doesn't justify it anymore😟.

So, back to another 22 days of waiting for me...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, ttodd said:

TL;DR "maybe next year"

I received the same email from support, about me not being in the second batch, despite having a 7xxx order number and paying July 31st (no coupon).  It sure doesn't seem like they are assigning phones to people based only on payment date and coupons.  And it sure doesn't seem like many people are in the 2nd batch.  It makes me wonder if the screen issues shrunk the 2nd batch size to a very small number, and those are what were sent out.

• Sad 4
1 minute ago, david said:

I received the same email from support, about me not being in the second batch, despite having a 7xxx order number and paying July 31st (no coupon).  It sure doesn't seem like they are assigning phones to people based only on payment date and coupons.  And it sure doesn't seem like many people are in the 2nd batch.  It makes me wonder if the screen issues shrunk the 2nd batch size to a very small number, and those are what were sent out.

Yes this is also my understanding based on the latest enigma they posted.

Let's wait a few more days to see if some more people receive assignment number. At the moment it seems the number is low.

5 minutes ago, cmar said:

Yes this is also my understanding based on the latest enigma they posted.

Let's wait a few more days to see if some more people receive assignment number. At the moment it seems the number is low.

My email said that all assignment emails have already been sent out.  I guess there could be a *lot* of people who received the assignment emails and just didn't share them.  But the number of people who shared them on here seems extra small.  And some of those people were 1st batch people, which if we are to understand one of the recent updates correctly, did not affect the true batch 2 size, other than adding to it.

39 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

Were there any QWERTZ units assigned since the first batch? Doesn't seem like it to me and it would be kinda weird to skip that layout entirely this time around (don't do that please, that's my unit!).

For me, I still not have assignment e-mail received being an IGG backer with QWERTZ order.

I am getting really disappointed right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
36 minutes ago, VaZso said:

For me, I still not have assignment e-mail received being an IGG backer with QWERTZ order.

I am getting really disappointed right now.

1 hour ago, elvissteinjr said:

Were there any QWERTZ units assigned since the first batch? Doesn't seem like it to me and it would be kinda weird to skip that layout entirely this time around (don't do that please, that's my unit!).

I'm in the same boat, QWERTZ with IGG, so I assume (or at least hope so) that there can't be any or extremely low amount of QWERTZ IGG in this batch. Even though it's a special configuration with a much lower amount than QWERTY and perhaps got affected by the rebuild heavily,  it doesn't feel nice to be even behind normal preorders.

I'm not an IGG backer, can't say I'm not disappointed with the news of 2nd batch not covering all preorders, and I imagine how you feel.

Having said that, I hope you did not get yours because the faulty-screened devices included QWERTZ, which I imagine was a more "limited edition" to begin with, and not some randomness in stock assignment as one might imply from the above conversation of the past few days.

I doubt we'll get any more transparency than we already have, unfortunately. I'd say we can handle it, but some of us obviously cannot. Still you're not making it easy to love you, FX, playing hard to get? 🙂

Edited by is
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, Pico said:

So like I said not publicly available if it was it was only sent to people with the voucher.

Originally, it's 100% publicly available at this moment though. I just said I didn't know where it originated. That was also a hypothetical option that I don't know if it was actually the case.

17 hours ago, Pico said:

official information that is contradictory to emails sent directly to customers.

It's not contradictory. It's an addition. They're still processed based on payment date, but prior to that they would be ordered on voucher status. Also, them adding an additional sorting method like that doesn't actually change anything practically about that email, paying sooner would still get you your phone sooner.

Note, I'm making statements here on how they ordered shipments, but that's mostly based on what they said they'd do and did. Not on what actually happened, since we don't really have that information. I'm also not expressing any opinion on whether I think this was good or bad communication or anything.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

So now you by "whatever else" include anything unknown - I see....

In this long thread of conspiracy theories we already have had posts on the numbering, try reread the whole thread... I got (forcibly cancelled) orders separated by 2 and by 3, so it seems pretty likely to me that every number was reserved/allocated, But how many have ended up in actual orders is another story, and part of the guessing game in here.

Phew, glad you finally see this, took long enough! 😉 -Just joking!

Also, it seems to me, just from what I have read here (which as I just stated isn't the entire thread), for all of those who received emails last week, they can expect an outcome.  If you had a phone assigned to you in the batch that was sent out last week (which I read as the second batch, but whatever the batch number) you got a stock assigned email.  If you were in the group that got the production status update email, then (again as I see it), you shouldn't expect a phone from last week's batch.  If you got a stock assigned email and are sitting around thinking that today you'll get a stock assigned email, I think you are fooling yourself.  If you didn't get any email at all, you might want to contact support and inquire.  Just my $0.02.

Edited by Polaris
Eske Rahn clarified things for me. Thanks!
2 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Above we have one person, who paid on August 4th, assigned number 12XXX, then another on August 10th was assigned number 19XXX.  There is about seven thousand in four days.  Again, possible just not probable.  There there is this:

Erhmm the order number is related to when the order is put, not when it is paid....

9 minutes ago, Polaris said:

I just realized that, and was going to edit.  Thanks, got it!

But it is rather confusing the whole thing for sure.
The order numbers reflects the time the order was put, And this affected when emails requesting payment were sent. And the reception of payment gives the queue position. (So the order numbers are not unimportant, as equally fast payers will end in that order)
And then the IGG coupons add further to the confusion given priority among those paid.

• Like 1