On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jhonny B said:

Erik no I won't like to share my order details for my privacy  just like you don't share any real info with us. All I can tell you is we ordered 3 units in May when you said it will be shipped in July.

Now coming to the shipping , when I said last time that it won't be shipped on 29 Erik was so quick to respond that it's definitely shipping on 29th. 

And here comes 29th. I can say this with confidence that they have not shipped any at all. Does any of real customers here received shipping notification? I bet none.

This is another trick to get couple of more months. They can see that the previous trick of delaying is failing so now they got this which will give them couple of more months.

I think some will understand what I am saying by the end of November. 

I think it's all because they have not done any manufacturing at it. 

Its an absolute scam. And those who try to justify them by keep saying it's a small company, so the small companies are allowed to lie like this on and on?

It's really sad what they are doing to desprate people.

As for us like I said earlier we are cancelling our orders today. In fact we will not ask fx to cancel, we will just contact our credit card company to file a dispute. So that fx will get a fine and goes in black list.

We are done here.

Honestly you are the most pathetic person on this board. I fully trust Eric that he has replied multiple times as stated.

Now you even become defensive, going full on Karen mode, and complaining that they want some data from you, so they can help you for the fifth time.

If I would do business with a guy like you, I would probably just cut the contract. People like you always mean trouble. Be happy they didn't start to ignore you after the second baseless complain.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jhonny B said:

Erik no I won't like to share my order details for my privacy  just like you don't share any real info with us. All I can tell you is we ordered 3 units in May when you said it will be shipped in July.

Now coming to the shipping , when I said last time that it won't be shipped on 29 Erik was so quick to respond that it's definitely shipping on 29th. 

And here comes 29th. I can say this with confidence that they have not shipped any at all. Does any of real customers here received shipping notification? I bet none.

This is another trick to get couple of more months. They can see that the previous trick of delaying is failing so now they got this which will give them couple of more months.

I think some will understand what I am saying by the end of November. 

Its an absolute scam. And those who try to justify them by keep saying it's a small company, so the small companies are allowed to lie like this on and on?

It's really sad what they are doing to desprate people.

As for us like I said earlier we are cancelling our orders today. In fact we will not ask fx to cancel, we will just contact our credit card company to file a dispute. So that fx will get a fine and goes in black list.

We are done here.

Acknowledged. We will accept the chargeback. As some of you can confirm, we have never rejected a cancellation request, and we’ve always treated those with respect and understandings. Please bear in mind that cancellations and refunds are a much quicker, hassle-free method to get your funds back than submitting a dispute to your bank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9
1 minute ago, Erik said:

Acknowledged. We will accept the chargeback. As some of you can confirm, we have never rejected a cancellation request, and we’ve always treated those with respect and understandings. Please bear in mind that cancellations and refunds are a much quicker, hassle-free method to get your funds back than submitting a dispute to your bank.

Hey @Erik, maybe you should just ignore him and wait for his door kicking actions...

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Jhonny B said:

Hmm,,,, I've had a unit in my hands at the fxtec office in London, it's an elaborate scam if so.

Manufacturing in Shenzhen can be very hit and miss (I've been involved in the past with chinese vendors) so I'm not surprised at some of the delays particularly if a bigger customer wants that production line. Given the latest video says 4-5 hours of assembly time I can understand some of the pressures here and customs can always throw a spanner in the works.

I'm slightly unhappy that money was taken with such a gap to shipping but meh that's in line with a long tradition of hi-tech in the UK (think Sinclair) and it's been a lot better than most KickStarters. At this stage I'm more than happy to wait for a week or two while stuff wends it's way from China to the UK (assuming I'm in the first batch)

Frankly I'd be amazed if you've actually placed an order.

• Like 5

Even if this is scam, Liangchen bought me. I can be scammed with pleasure 😄 

5 minutes ago, archseraphim said:

They're individually assembled by hand?!  That's madness.

I'm not upset, just surprised.

You know, thats only one single device with slider and quantity of devices is too low for specially designated machines only for this model. 

Edited by 3zet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OMG 4-5 hours per unit? How can they EVER get this into mass production down the line??

The good news is that it's on its way and I can't wait to hear the feedback from early adopters. I still have my BB Passport and am waiting anxiously for reviews in the real world before I jump in.

So one could argue that these phones are hand crafted from start to end!

I'm really excited and seeing Liangchen with these phones, while reading these posts here kind of breaks my heart.

Good things take time, and I can't wait for the device. I'm using my current phone up to the last bit, and it's dying every day a bit more. It's time for something new.

Edited by __fastcall
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ksal95 said:

+1 stop crying and stop posting if there's better things you can be doing 🙄

I think people are just frustrated that they've spent $700 on something that keeps getting pushed back and there's no definite ship/release date.

I like quality products, but I'm starting to understand all these frustrated customers as well, the technology world moves fast and startups struggle to keep up with such a quickly advancing market. 

I really don't know where I stand anymore, like I'd enjoy helping a startup and a pkb phone, but by the time this phone is in user's hands it's not really even going to be a mid-range device.

So yeah, I'm somewhat excited at this point and really confused.

10 minutes ago, Jason.N.Brantley said:

I think people are just frustrated that they've spent $700 on something that keeps getting pushed back and there's no definite ship/release date.

I like quality products, but I'm starting to understand all these frustrated customers as well, the technology world moves fast and startups struggle to keep up with such a quickly advancing market. 

I really don't know where I stand anymore, like I'd enjoy helping a startup and a pkb phone, but by the time this phone is in user's hands it's not really even going to be a mid-range device.

I understand people's frustrations, and I'm anxious as well, but constantly voicing complaints and throwing shade at fxtec isn't going to speed up the shipping times, or magically make the phones appear in our hands.  All we can do is wait, and do our best to be supportive.  We all can be excited that we're this much closer to getting the phones and finally being able to use a QWERTY keyboard again!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, david said:

I'll probably go with a Pixel, for personal reasons, and dump my apps and data into it and then only switch if I need to.  Can't bear the thought of being without a physical keyboard! LOL

I caved and bought another Relay 4G.  That way I don't have to mess around with getting stuff up and running on another phone. I can just flash Clockwork Mod, restore my nandroid backup, and be in business immediately, with all my apps.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this one lasts until I can get the Pro1 in my hands and get it all set up for real use. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, PandaBearCorgi said:

I really don't get this whole "mid-range" phone stuff.  Phones have hit the same technology innovation plateau that computers hit in 2005, such that Flagships up the gimmicks more than they up the innovation.  In 2019, a mid-range phone is fine, except most mid-range phones have 6xx Snapdragons rather than an 835 and underwhelming screens and minimum internal memory.  My wife's Pixel 2XL with the same SOC handles everything just fine.  And for the kinds of productivity which presumably would make a slider keyboard attractive, the specs on this baby are serious overkill. This is a phone that might get you through the next 10 years.  Support it and you may not have to wait that long for another. 😉

Edited by Hook
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
On 10/28/2019 at 11:07 PM, rejujacob said:

I am an Asian customer. I had paid on 3rd Aug. Order# 13xxx. Will update on the forum as soon as I get a shipping notification. 

Sorry, nothing to update! I don't think any shipments were made to any Asian customers. So the date 29th was only a gimmick. At the moment there are no firm dates for shipment to customers. They are only talking about shipment to fulfillment centres.. Earlier update stated that Hong Kong is base for Asian customers for shipping to them on 29th. Now nothing is mentioned about this! So it doesn't look like anyone will get delivery before end of next week. The video also is very vague and only making excuses in advance for more delay. Does it really take 4-5 hours to assemble a phone? JerryRigEverything may do it in a few minutes. (Waiting for his review when it happens). It's sad that they have not been transparent and preferred to beat round the bush, when their loyal customers only wanted some genuine answers!

5 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

The video happened:

And this time @Craig gratiously provided us a transcription 🙂 :

Hello everyone this is Liangchen, co-founder of Fx Technology, and last time you saw my colleage Adrian so this is my turn now. So today I'm at factory and I just want to make sure the product is in the right quality and to deliver to you by this week. So umm, also we have already got a few, a few cartons of boxes of product ready and we are doing others as much as we can. So um there is a lot of parts with the assembly is required by hand make; it's more complicated than other products, especially like the force of the slider here or the feeling of the keyboard, so it takes quite a long time per unit than other general mobile phones, so average one workforce probably takes up to 4 to 5 hours to assemble a full device, and this is why we take a bit of more time, but we are getting there so hopefully by this week this will be on the way to your home, and hope you are satisified with the quality of the product.

Edited by netman
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

The video happened:

Hmm mixed feelings on this update.

Good news: They are still hard at work ensuring the devices ship with the best out-of-the-box experience

Not so good news: The video is vague about shipping, and it's impossible to know when the video was created. We were last promised that devices would begin shipping on Oct 29th, but this new update (depending on when it was filmed) could mean that f(x)tec hopes that the first batch of preordered devices will be in hands of customers by the end of this week, OR that f(x)tec hopes to initiate the shipping to fulfillment centers by the end of this week.

Generally I don't know why they would set such a specific date of Oct 29th if they weren't actually ready to begin shipping. That's way more specific than summer 2019, mid-September, or any other previous timeline estimate. So I have faith that they aren't messing with us and are doing their best to get devices in the mail sometime this week.

• EskeRahn pinned and featured this topic
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic