On the pre-production status

Looks like I missed the first batch :classic_sad: I guess that means there were more IGG orders than phones in the first batch.  Oh well, I'm sure the second batch will be even better, you first-batchers are just the test run before mine is built :classic_wink:

The camera on my Droid 4 can't focus on QR codes and the battery keeps dying.  If I can't hold out, I may just have to bust out my last one... 

phones.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, illie-vanilli said:

BTW is anyone going to make an unboxing/impression video per chance?
Or some other kind of review? @EskeRahn Are you going to update your review with a comparison of the final product vs the prototype you got?

I sure will do something when I get the final product.

I'm not sure if it will be a new post or an update. I expect the primary visible difference to be the unshifted qwertZ keyboard, and of course the packing. (And yes I got the mail too)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rejujacob said:

Thanks for your message.

As the first batch has now been delegated to it's orders, it doesn't look like your order will be included in this batch. Realistically, the next batch, which is much bigger than the first one, will arrive and it will be ready for shipping in the mid-November.

Once your tracking information is available, it will be emailed to you.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

Second batch will likely reach customer's hands sometime in December as some here have been speculating for months. I wonder why there was so much confusion and contradiction about the timeline on the team's end, especially if the team knew how many phones they could realistically ship in each batch.

I expect there to be shipping delays in December on account of the usual winter holidays' mail overload, so it may be more realistic to expect second batch phones in January.

I think everyone here should expect to receive their phone by the end of 2nd quarter 2020. That seems realistic given how long it took for the earliest pre-orders customers to receive their shipping notification emails.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, rejujacob said:

Thanks for your message.

As the first batch has now been delegated to it's orders, it doesn't look like your order will be included in this batch. Realistically, the next batch, which is much bigger than the first one, will arrive and it will be ready for shipping in the mid-November.

Once your tracking information is available, it will be emailed to you.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

"it will be ready for shipping in the mid-November"

Is it a shipment to warehouse or a shipment to customers? 29 pages of forum teached me that this is not the same.

20 minutes ago, Noob said:

Looks like I missed the first batch :classic_sad: I guess that means there were more IGG orders than phones in the first batch.  Oh well, I'm sure the second batch will be even better, you first-batchers are just the test run before mine is built :classic_wink:

The camera on my Droid 4 can't focus on QR codes and the battery keeps dying.  If I can't hold out, I may just have to bust out my last one... 

I'm also not in the first batch (Indigogo + QWERTZ). Fingers crossed for an early second batch.

Indiegogo + QWERTZ, nothing.

Edit:

On 7/31/2019 at 2:02 PM, Erik said:

Correct. Indiegogo orders will receive priority shipping. As those are a relatively small number, this will not affect shipping times for our early Pro1 pre-orders who don't have the IG compensation deal. IG deals, alongside other, non-Indiegogo orders that were paid first will be shipped together.

This is old, but I'd have expected this small batch to cover all Indiegogo-coupon orders after this statement in all honesty.

Edited by elvissteinjr
Accidentally Ctrl+Enter'd
  • Like 1

Still possible, since we don't know if everyone included in the first batch received an E-Mail. My estimation is, that Fxtec arranged the first shipments already, working with their order list, and as promised filtered for IGG backers, forwarded these order infos to the fulfillment centers and sent out the Mails. This way the distribution logistics can quickly forward the devices to the end users as soon as they arrive. If all those orders are processed, Fxtec will continue with filtering their orders and continue giving these info to the fulfillment centers. I'm sure not everyone in the first batch received their Mail yet.

Edit: That assumption is now confirmed to be wrong.

Edited by Noir
New facts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

Indiegogo + QWERTZ, nothing.

Edit:

This is old, but I'd have expected this small batch to cover all Indiegogo-coupon orders after this statement in all honesty.

Basing on amount of IGG backers and amount of orders of Pro1s, if everyone from IGG bought phones then around 50% of all orders would be with IGG coupon. The first batch boxes they sent us contained 120 phones and it seems probable looking at the fact that all the time Fxtec says that first batch is extremely small.

Chen post about the situation is yet another mistake from Fxtec but because I don't want to spoil the mood of people who received emails(even if they should already get tracking codes on 29th October but anyway..) I won't comment any further on that topic.

Congrats for all who will finally have their phones!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, cmar said:

"it will be ready for shipping in the mid-November"

Is it a shipment to warehouse or a shipment to customers? 29 pages of forum teached me that this is not the same.

This mid-November shipment should be from factory to warehouse. On Friday, 1st Nov, Erik had estimated that all preorders should be completed by end of Nov. 

But this could extend to max mid-December?

They are getting there. Further wait is more reassuring, as things are now on the move...

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, divstar said:

I wonder when the non-pre-order QWERTZ-Pro1s are going to get shipped o.o...

Not longer I hope... I were waiting since 03. March 2017, indiegogo backer no. 30.
The certification, the design, the package, the payment, etc. everything is approved or clear.
Now, they will build the Pro1 and ship the packages to us.
2,4,6 weeks perhaps, then we all communicate with our new kb phones 🙂

• Thanks 1

I've been reading the forum since I placed my preorder in February of this year and now I'm glad the phones are finally starting to move. With a 54XX order number I'm guessing I'm also in the second batch but I'm not in a hurry as my KeyOne still works perfectly fine. Back then when I heard about the Pro1 from websites I follow I sent my order in right away since I've been waiting almost a decade for a device in this form factor.

Congratulations to the Fxtec team for getting this far! Can't wait to hear about the first-batch users' comments and reviews!

• Like 3

Got my email as well... it was in my spam folder. If anyone is curious about the reason it was marked as spam:

X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=4.9 required=4.5 tests=BAYES_50=0.8,DKIM_SIGNED=0.1,
    DKIM_VALID=-0.1,HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,RCVD_IN_SBL_CSS=3.335,
    RDNS_NONE=0.793,SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001,T_SPF_PERMERROR=0.01 autolearn=no
    autolearn_force=no version=3.4.2 awl= bayes=0.5000
X-Spam-Report:
    *  0.8 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
    *      [score: 0.5000]
    *  3.3 RCVD_IN_SBL_CSS RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus SBL-CSS
    *      [82.163.196.26 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
    *  0.0 T_SPF_PERMERROR SPF: test of record failed (permerror)
    *  0.0 SPF_HELO_NONE SPF: HELO does not publish an SPF Record
    *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
    * -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
    *  0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
    *       valid
    *  0.8 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS

Edited by zurvan2
  • Thanks 3
34 minutes ago, Uncledingo said:

My order number was 48xx and I have not received shipping notification. But I do not have the Moto mod coupon so hopefully I'll be in the second batch. US qwerty 

Same here.  Order number 78xx.  No shipping notification.  No moto mod coupon.  US QWERTY.  Paid on July 31st.  

Seems pretty clear, since Chen said it, that all the orders in the first batch were for moto mod coupon customers (at least those who paid before the deadline).  What isn't clear is how many of the second batch will be moto mod coupon customers and how many non-coupon customers will be in the second batch.

It would be nice to get a clarification, from fxtec, on whether the mid-November estimate on the second batch means shipping from China to fulfillment centers or shipping from fulfillment centers to customers.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and videos and reviews of people who get their phones from the first batch.

Edited by david
  • Like 1
On 11/1/2019 at 1:55 PM, anonim001 said:

When did You demand a refund? Is the money back on Your bank account already?

So FYI, i got my money on my account the next open day after my refunds request.

I can confidently say that they are true to there word when it come to refund.

Hop to see pretty unboxing from the first batch sooon~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, vlycop said:

So FYI, i got my money on my account the next open day after my refunds request.

I can confidently say that they are true to there word when it come to refund.

Hop to see pretty unboxing from the first batch sooon~

Thanks for the info, appreciate that a lot 🙂

I am soooo regretting getting the money back from the IGG campaign now. Didn't think about it at the time, just saw that the mod was cancelled and asked for refund. :classic_wacko:

Early 5xxx here as well.

Can' wait for the first reviews to start trickling in! It's been a hell of a ride so far, I think I must have checked for news several times daily since the "Are you ready?" thread popped up on TMO and gave me hope again. Thanks to all involved!

6 hours ago, zurvan2 said:

Got my email as well... it was in my spam folder. If anyone is curious about the reason it was marked as spam:

Ooh I didn't think of that.  I looked and there it is.  :classic_biggrin:  That's funny, none of the other messages ended up in spam. 

• Like 2
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic